Michael Barrymore - death in the pool

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Look at the lengths the police in NZ went to to catch a killer. I still believe more could be done here.

Essex police were well known to be more corrupt than the Met back then. He probably paid them off because it’s just mind boggling. I have faith in karma.

Reactions: 15
Look at the lengths the police in NZ went to to catch a killer. I still believe more could be done here.

it depends if certain officers belong to a certain club and the possibility of the likes of Bastardmore belonging to the same one. I would say more than likely!

Reactions: 13
There’s a lot of talk about the men at the party but there were two women there as well right? Is the consensus that they also know (whether involved with the crime or bystander) what happened or that they are totally innocent?

Reactions: 11
I am currently watching channel 4 body in the pool documentary what strikes me Michael Barrymore is so fond of saying nothing happened that night there was no murder no rape no accident. The question is what happened and I think he knows everything it was his house, his party, his friends also innocent people don’t run away from the crime scene he is guilty as sin pure and simple
Also, he suggests that Stuart had no injuries upon arriving to the A&E department so what is the suggesting
in the morgue.
I totally agree with the police detective. There was 100% a rape and murder committed that night.
My heart goes out to Stuarts family,
How lovely of the police to offer free legal aid because Stuarts family never had the means to pay for it. Meanwhile Barrymore, hired the best in the business Michael Mansfield, just absolutely sickening, and Barrymore had the cheek to try and revive his dead career
I remember when Barrymore tried to revive his career in CBB. His true colours came. He was a nasty vile spiteful little man.

Reactions: 27
I’ve just been scrolling through TikTok and a clip of him came off from his time in Big Brother. He was so nasty to Jodie marsh and didn’t like it when she said the American housemates will be more popular because America is a bigger country which is obvious even when he was on kids say the funniest things he was very passive aggressive to the kids and didn’t like them upstaging him. He has to be centre of attention at all times. Horrible horrible man very narcissistic

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
There’s a lot of talk about the men at the party but there were two women there as well right? Is the consensus that they also know (whether involved with the crime or bystander) what happened or that they are totally innocent?
There were three women present that night.
One of the women is the sister of one of the men who was arrested, so it is believed she knows what happened, however I'm not sure about the other two who were very young and had randomly found themselves invited to what appeared to be a very odd gathering of people mostly unknown to one another.

Reactions: 12
if that's the case surely they would have heard stuff going on
Personally I can't believe anyone present that night wouldn't have heard what was happening, Stuart must have screamed/cried out in pain...he must have been terrified and in agony...

However I believe the woman who is the sister of one of the men (Kylie Merritt, sister of Justin) knew more than perhaps the other girls did, because she actively inserted herself into the "attempted rescue" narrative from what I've read...

I believe she was also called to give "evidence" at the inquest (though to this day I find it incomprehensible that the court didn't call every single person who was present at Barrymore's home that night).

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Does anyone know what the coroner said Stuart's cause of death was? I'm just wondering if he might have been unconscious or dead before the wounds were inflicted?

I think they said he must have definitely been alive when the wounds were inflicted. I was half listening to a podcast about it last night, incidentally, but I wasn't paying full attention so don't quote me on it.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I think they said he must have definitely been alive when the wounds were inflicted. I was half listening to a podcast about it last night, incidentally, but I wasn't paying full attention so don't quote me on it.
That's horrible, what a load of monsters they must have been.

Just in regards to the screaming, I was wondering if he might have passed out from the booze/cocaine and not been screaming? Not that I think anyone in the house didn't know what was going on, I don't think you can keep such a huge event quiet from someone who is sitting down the corridor.

Homophobia plays a part in a lot of how Stuart's murder was perceived by the media and possibly also the people there. Maybe the women were sitting in the kitchen and heard loads of screaming, but the killers were maybe laughing and going "wahey" or whatever, so the women just rolled their eyes and ignored it, because "Ew, gay guys having an orgy, I don't want to know what that screaming is."

I don't know enough about cocaine or other drugs to know how it might have affected their reactions on the night. Is there any chance that they knew what was happening but found it funny or just didn't think it was urgent, because they were coked up? Then when they came down, reality sank in?

• Sad
Reactions: 10
That's horrible, what a load of monsters they must have been.

Just in regards to the screaming, I was wondering if he might have passed out from the booze/cocaine and not been screaming? Not that I think anyone in the house didn't know what was going on, I don't think you can keep such a huge event quiet from someone who is sitting down the corridor.

Homophobia plays a part in a lot of how Stuart's murder was perceived by the media and possibly also the people there. Maybe the women were sitting in the kitchen and heard loads of screaming, but the killers were maybe laughing and going "wahey" or whatever, so the women just rolled their eyes and ignored it, because "Ew, gay guys having an orgy, I don't want to know what that screaming is."

I don't know enough about cocaine or other drugs to know how it might have affected their reactions on the night. Is there any chance that they knew what was happening but found it funny or just didn't think it was urgent, because they were coked up? Then when they came down, reality sank in?
I know it's horrible, isn't it? I'm sure the neighbors did hear screaming too! I can't imagine being so coked up that you don't realise what you're doing to that extent, Even if the drugs in his system made him less likely to react to the pain, with the extent of his injuries, I don't think there could have been any doubt how bad it was!

The media was just awful. Hard to believe how homophobic they were in 2001!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I know it's horrible, isn't it? I'm sure the neighbors did hear screaming too! I can't imagine being so coked up that you don't realise what you're doing to that extent, Even if the drugs in his system made him less likely to react to the pain, with the extent of his injuries, I don't think there could have been any doubt how bad it was!

The media was just awful. Hard to believe how homophobic they were in 2001!
I remember a similar thing when Stephen Gately died in 2009: papers were writing about he had been going to gay clubs and smoking weed, so he died because he was living a "dangerous lifestyle" ... the guy died of a heart condition!

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Does anyone know how near the closest house was? I imagine it was a distance, but you would think the screams through the still early morning air may be heard. I'm not disputing that Stuart would sadly have been alive when this was inflicted on him, but perhaps it was done in the house and his body taken outside - or even more sickening that he was gagged.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I remember a similar thing when Stephen Gately died in 2009: papers were writing about he had been going to gay clubs and smoking weed, so he died because he was living a "dangerous lifestyle" ... the guy died of a heart condition!
Wow, that one completely passed me by not being a fan, and it was a time when I was travelling around a lot. That's awful! Then again, I remember gay still being used regularly as an insult when I was in school and that was 2005!
---
Does anyone know how near the closest house was? I imagine it was a distance, but you would think the screams through the still early morning air may be heard. I'm not disputing that Stuart would sadly have been alive when this was inflicted on him, but perhaps it was done in the house and his body taken outside - or even more sickening that he was gagged.
The podcast I was listening to, one of the pathologists said there were marks consistent with him being tied up and that his mouth had been covered. Not sure whether that was with hands or a gag though.

Edit: It might have actually said he was held down not tied up I can't recall.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Does anyone remember the rape in India where a young woman was attacked on a bus and the news of it went around the world because of how savage it was and lots of the press talk on it was focussed on how India had a rape problem because it was so backward? Yet here, this savage and brutal rape and murder of a young man hasn't been solved. Where is the international commentary about the backwards homophobia that meant the crime scene wasn't secured and evidence was removed because our police failed in every way. Shame on them and shame on everyone at that house that night, Stuart must have been in absolute agony

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
The podcast I was listening to, one of the pathologists said there were marks consistent with him being tied up and that his mouth had been covered. Not sure whether that was with hands or a gag though.

Edit: It might have actually said he was held down not tied up I can't recall.
Oh duck. They didn't mention that on the tv documentary!

Oh duck. They didn't mention that on the tv documentary!
Did they not? It was something about marks on the head consistent with suffocation or strangling, and I assume, bruises on the shoulders/back consistent with being held down.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
TMI but I remember watching CSI Miami once and some rich man killed his girlfriend by bending her over in the pool to have sex and she obviously drowned.