Michael Barrymore - death in the pool

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me neither! I think they know who did it, but just can’t prove it as would need concrete evidence and they don’t have enough. Absolutely disgusting crime.
I always thought that it was Barrymores boyfriend who was the leader with one of the other guests and they just didn’t have enough to prove it. It’s disgusting that nobody has told the truth, even after all these years. If I was at a party and something like this happened I would be horrified and singing like a canary to the police.

Reactions: 26
I always thought that it was Barrymores boyfriend who was the leader with one of the other guests and they just didn’t have enough to prove it. It’s disgusting that nobody has told the truth, even after all these years. If I was at a party and something like this happened I would be horrified and singing like a canary to the police.
it makes you wonder about the other Guest's, it wouldn't surprise me if they had been silenced by being threatened, did Barrymore and his Boyfriend belong to the funny handshake brigade? wouldn't surprise me!

Reactions: 18
This situation reminds me of the one with Claudia Lawrence. The police KNOW that someone from the pub did it but they’ve all agreed together to keep schtum and not talk.

Reactions: 21
Watched the documentary last night (still streaming on All4). What a vile man Barrymore was, and stili is. Some may say I’m being a bit dramatic, but the situation reminds me of murderers like Myra Hindley refusing to let a family know where a body is buried. Barrymore is exactly the same – refusing to tell the truth so that the Lubbock’s family could finally get some closure. Horrendous seeing the state that the father and brother were in, even more so when you realise that the father died without getting an answer.

I’m of two opinions about what happened – a). Barrymore was directly involved hence why he fled the scene and that his PA took the vital bits of evidence, I can’t see why otherwise he wouldn’t have hesitated to have thrown the others under the bus to save himself if he wasn’t in some way part of it all.

The other theory (just mine) is that b). rather than Barrymore making threats towards the others, it was the other way round.

Has anyone ever looked at the other guests in great detail? What a strange shady bunch, hardly the type an A Lister (well in UK TV terms) would be hanging around with. All I can think is they were the ones supplying Barrymore with drugs. Now with the a body in a pool, one with drugs in his system, the knew that although they may not be guilty of the assault on Stuart, they would be under close scrutiny. I wonder if the threats were actually handed out to Barrymore and his boyfriend to keep quiet. If you’re in drug sealing you’re likely to know some heavy people.

It’s one of the reasons why Barrymore has never revealed what actually happened if he wasn’t directly involved.

Reactions: 25
I’ve often wondered if it was money rather than threats that kept people quiet.

Reactions: 14
I agree....sort of. The thing is with something like this, it's not like you could sign a non-disclosure agreement. People would keep coming back asking for money.
However the threat of violence would always be there to an extent.

Reactions: 10
I think it comes down to them all being as scummy as each other. Barrymore is a truly dreadful person and like attracts like doesn't it? I think they are all complicit, none of them have a conscience and they're all keeping quiet to save their own necks.

I am currently watching channel 4 body in the pool documentary what strikes me Michael Barrymore is so fond of saying nothing happened that night there was no murder no rape no accident. The question is what happened and I think he knows everything it was his house, his party, his friends also innocent people don’t run away from the crime scene he is guilty as sin pure and simple
Also, he suggests that Stuart had no injuries upon arriving to the A&E department so what is the suggesting
in the morgue.
I totally agree with the police detective. There was 100% a rape and murder committed that night.
My heart goes out to Stuarts family,
How lovely of the police to offer free legal aid because Stuarts family never had the means to pay for it. Meanwhile Barrymore, hired the best in the business Michael Mansfield, just absolutely sickening, and Barrymore had the cheek to try and revive his dead career

I only think anything resembling the truth of this tragedy will come out as a deathbed confessional by one of the bastards that was there…..a little bit of last minute redemption maybe even though every one of em deserves hell for eternity, I hope though something does happen for the poor family

Reactions: 20
I am currently watching channel 4 body in the pool documentary what strikes me Michael Barrymore is so fond of saying nothing happened that night there was no murder no rape no accident. The question is what happened and I think he knows everything it was his house, his party, his friends also innocent people don’t run away from the crime scene he is guilty as sin pure and simple
Also, he suggests that Stuart had no injuries upon arriving to the A&E department so what is the suggesting
in the morgue.
I totally agree with the police detective. There was 100% a rape and murder committed that night.
My heart goes out to Stuarts family,
How lovely of the police to offer free legal aid because Stuarts family never had the means to pay for it. Meanwhile Barrymore, hired the best in the business Michael Mansfield, just absolutely sickening, and Barrymore had the cheek to try and revive his dead career
I couldn't remember much of the original case, and my god I was stunned watching it when he came out with that utter BS about the injuries not being there when he went to the hospital. It shows the man's ego that he believed that would be taken as a legitimate explanation.
On top of that when at the end his solicitors said tbe injuries were caused by slipping and landing on the edge of the pool.
I can understand his family's anguish and utter frustration when given these ridiculous arguments.

Reactions: 19
It’s an odd one because the other party guests aren’t celebrities or influential people. I assumed they were keeping quiet because they had something to lose, but ultimately they’re just a bunch of ordinary people. And being connected to this crime must have messed up their lives too. So why are they so quiet? I’m guessing Barrymore couldn’t afford to pay ongoing bribes to them. His career is long dead. Unless all of them were involved in some way and something happened that would bring all of them down. It’s weird.

Reactions: 14
I couldn't remember much of the original case, and my god I was stunned watching it when he came out with that utter BS about the injuries not being there when he went to the hospital. It shows the man's ego that he believed that would be taken as a legitimate explanation.
On top of that when at the end his solicitors said tbe injuries were caused by slipping and landing on the edge of the pool.
I can understand his family's anguish and utter frustration when given these ridiculous arguments.
Yes that just sounds like a piss poor cover up just sickening
When he suggested that Stuart had no injuries upon arriving to the A&E department, I was just open mouthed like what was he actually suggesting that the nurses injured him in that way or was he tampered with in the morgue just another sick cover up

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I think most of them raped poor Stuart and those that didn't can't come forward as they did nothing to help him. I can't see how they can't do more with the case. Facts are facts, surely Barrymore can just be told straight that Stuart was gravely injured on arrival at hospital and stop peddling such nonsense.

Reactions: 13
Seeing that final video of Terry when his face lights up when he’s told there will be another inquest. :cry: I always hold hope one day someone will crack.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
We all have our theories and can't ever prove what happened that night, but these are my thoughts:

a. I remember Barrymore being on Big Brother and his crying in the diary room was harrowing, to the extent that I thought he looked like a man who knew he was a monster and could hardly live with it. Not just a man who has lost everything, like he claims, but a man who has seen things worse than the average person can imagine. I can't describe this properly, but he just looked a particular type of fucked-up that I've never seen anyone else look like. After all, most killers are psychopaths and find it easy to have no feelings about what they do. But Barrymore may well not be a clinical psychopath, but rather a horrible person who did something inhuman when he was on cocaine, in which case he knows how much of a monster he is.

b. Barrymore could easily have thrown everyone else under the bus if he wasn't complicit. He seems the type. "Oh no, officer, I went up to bed with a glass of milk and when I woke up this man I didn't know was floating in my pool." The fact that none of the people at the gathering have ever spoken out against each other, makes me think they all contributed to Stuart's rape and death. None of them can say what Barrymore did, because then he could say what they did.

c. I'm too young to remember him being Mr Saturday Night, but he seemed like such a prat. He's just wearing a suit and running around the stage, what's funny about that?

d. I completely hate it when famous men get applauded for coming out as gay, when they've had a wife for years. It's ruining her entire life, but the man gets praise for it. I could have cried for her when they showed her sitting in the audience. What an awful selfish person he must be. Probably selfish enough to not care about anyone's life who he ruined?

e. So yeah, this is where it gets upsetting, feel free to stop reading here... the fact that the pool thermometer and the doorknob went missing, suggest that they were used to inflict Stuart's injuries. The Channel 4 doc has an expert saying that the square top of the pool thermometer matches his wounds.

f. Barrymore was heard my the taxi driver saying, "I need a good duck." This was clearly a case of Barrymore picking up a young man in a nightclub to take home for sex, probably a threesome since his boyfriend was there, and maybe he was planning group sex with all of them. They were on cocaine and whether or not Stuart began by consenting to sex, in the end it became a brutal gang rape, and they were assaulting him with any object they could find. Maybe Barrymore and his friends thought they were the tit and felt entitled to pick up an "ordinary" guy and use him however they wanted. Maybe it was when the drink and cocaine started wearing off that they began to realise what they had done. Maybe they were stupid enough to think that if they threw Stuart in the water, it would look like he drowned.

Either way, I don't believe for a moment that Barrymore was not directly involved.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
Inkheart said

“c. I'm too young to remember him being Mr Saturday Night, but he seemed like such a prat. He's just wearing a suit and running around the stage, what's funny about that?”

There was nothing funny about it. I’m old enough to remember him in the 80s and I couldn’t stand him then.

He had no talent. He wasn’t likeable. He seemed manic and irritating. The sort of person if you were unfortunate enough to sit next to on a train, you’d pay to change your seat. 😀

I‘ve never understood why he was so popular.

Reactions: 27
I agree that he was creepy as duck on Big Brother. I remember seeing the way he lapped up the applause and thinking that he was so smug and so sure he’d gotten away with it. I was relieved it didn’t revive his career. He was so nasty to Jodie Marsh as well. Proper misogynist talking down to her.

His act was never funny. Here he is with a young Susan Boyle mocking her act. The bit where he’s pretending to look up her skirt is disgusting.

Agree about his wife. I feel awful for her. Yes maybe she was in on it. A lot of the time the wife/manager types are. But it must have been humiliating when he came out without telling her. After she died he wrote a book claiming she was controlling and all manner of other accusations.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
There was speculation at the time that Jonathan Kenney was the suspect arrested in 2021:

This article describes how Stuart met Barrymore: https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/03/barr...s-with-him-before-fateful-party-12170000/amp/

It was totally, tragically random.

I can’t remember where I read this (I think it was another interview with Stuart’s brother) but apparently Stuart was mistaken in thinking he was just going to an ‘after party’ with a celebrity and some other people who like to carry on the party, maybe indulge in some drugs, and he would never have suspected that an orgy would take place and he would be expected to join in. Assuming that’s what happened. It was speculated that maybe he was raped as punishment for rebuffing sexual advances and being adamant he wasn’t gay/bi.

I’m not very knowledgeable about NDAs - would it not be possible for the party attendees to be bullied into the signing them? I guess the solicitor would have an ethical obligation to report the crime to the police though, unless Barrymore managed to pay off a dodgy one or something?

Reactions: 11
At the time people thought he drowned but it quickly became apparent he was horrifically sexually assaulted & murdered at Michael Barrymore’s house during a party. The people at the party have never said anything but obviously somebody knows something.
Bit late to this thread but had heard rumours about it possibly being so (SA and all the rest of it) but has there been anything more to this then, apologies again like I said it's been ages since I've bothered looking at this, wouldn't in all honesty surprise me if that did actually happen, I wouldn't say exactly I've always had a gut feeling but something to me just didn't seem right about it all even before the least rumours as such.

Reactions: 1