Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Covid fills ICU beds rapidly in a way that other viruses do not. If you were to get into a terrible car accident when all of the ICU beds in your state were filled with covid patients on ventilators, you would have to wait for one of those beds to open up to get the care you needed. You might die waiting for one of those beds/ventilators to become available. That’s why this virus is so serious and people should do absolutely everything they can (mask wearing and vaccines) to prevent this from happening.

Ron Deathsentence is a fitting name, IMO. He has shown he does not care about the residents of FL (just cares about getting the anti-vax/anti-mask vote) and the state is paying dearly for it. People like MK and Dave are making a bad situation worse by not wearing masks and not getting vaccinated.
Something else worth noting is that, while these two are relatively small fish in the vlogger ecosystem, they still have an audience who listen to everything they say and will do whatever they recommend. While I loathe them being unvaxxed, the LEAST they could do is say, "Hey we are making that choice so we are going to need to make sure we mask up indoors." Now you've got people seeing them being unvaxxed and having spent the summer walking around unmasked. What a piss poor message to send to others who might now think it's okay to be unvaxxed and being a plague rat.

Reactions: 9
I got really sick for about 5 days after I got the second dose of the Pfizer vax. I can only imagine how sick I would have gotten if I had covid. I’m still terrified of getting it because I don’t think I would be asymptomatic. A friend from high school got covid over the winter (pre-vax) and she was in bed for an entire month & has long-haul covid symptoms. So scary. Hope your BIL is feeling better soon!
Thanks, he said that his doc is not convinced the vaccine helped him in his case. But today's update - he got tested and is clear of all infectious diseases, including COVID. His oxygen when he first got in the hospital was mid-70s. He was on death's door.

Scary scary. :(

Edited to add: Interestingly enough, my SIL (his wife) got it a few months ago (unvaccinated at the time; she's since gotten vaccinated) and she had more mild symptoms. It's so weird how this virus works.

Something else worth noting is that, while these two are relatively small fish in the vlogger ecosystem, they still have an audience who listen to everything they say and will do whatever they recommend. While I loathe them being unvaxxed, the LEAST they could do is say, "Hey we are making that choice so we are going to need to make sure we mask up indoors." Now you've got people seeing them being unvaxxed and having spent the summer walking around unmasked. What a piss poor message to send to others who might now think it's okay to be unvaxxed and being a plague rat.
YES. At least wear the mask. 100%!!!

Reactions: 6
It is true that the vaccine is not the miracle cure some politicians touted (who listens to them)? But it's a great third line defense behind social distancing and masking. I don't understand the people who are against being against spreading disease.

Reactions: 3
Thanks, he said that his doc is not convinced the vaccine helped him in his case. But today he got tested and is clear of all infectious diseases, including COVID. His oxygen when he first got in the hospital was mid-70s. He was on death's door.

Scary scary. :(
I am so glad to hear he is doing better and hopefully able to go home soon. It is so very scary.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I mentioned this the other day but my BIL is on his 5th day in the hospital here in Orlando with COVID plus pneumonia. He's getting steroids and Remdesivir. He's doing better, ready to be discharged tomorrow.

He was vaccinated last month and still ended up in the critical care unit. He relayed to us via text that half of the people in the CCU with him are vaccinated, half aren't. He said some of the fully vaxxed are as sick as the unvaxxed. He said even the staff is half vaxxed / half unvaxxed.

I think some people think the vaccine makes them invincible and it's not true. Nor does it keep people out of the hospital. My BIL is proof of that.

Scary times, all around. :(
Since he was only vaccinated a month ago I wonder if he caught it before the two weeks of “fully vaccinated” kicked in. How sad and terrible timing.

First, Michael posted a going to the cruise video showing that he was unvaxxed. Then when the shitstorm hit he edited the video to try to remove the evidence, but blamed instructions at the port for his misinformation. That's plainly a lie because his video showed him on his way to the port describing that everyone had to be tested. Not following Disney's covid rules and then lying about Disney misinformation to try to avoid accountability for the masklessness while unvaccinated is not going to sit well with WDW. I wonder what Michael would do if he got an Adam the Woo-style ban from WDW?

Reactions: 9
Here's a plan for you take w/e percentage you want and multiply it by the world's population to see what number you get. How many have to die before you become concerned? Also, you should google "long covid" to see what you see.
Thank you! Not enough people seem to realize how many of millions ”just 1%” is.

By the way, there is plenty to criticize Disney about regarding the cruising rules. Disney is letting the suspected carriers do the testing is a horrible decision. As Dave demonstrated, you don't even need to put the swab in your nose and the Inspire people will take the swab and approve it. Literally approving nothing. I have been on more than 10 Disney cruises, I'm not going again until they fix that mess.

Dave's video still has the testing in it as of 2 minutes ago, Michael must be ripped tit because he's trying so hard to cover up and David is outing him. LOL

Reactions: 2
Then when the shitstorm hit he edited the video to try to remove the evidence, but blamed instructions at the port for his misinformation.
Too bad in the video he was already starting with his LIE, that he created to cover up his getting tested. On the DRIVE TO THE PORT he lies and says you can show proof of vaccination but still have to be tested AT the port. It was a lie he was going with on the way there, not bad instructions at port.

By the way, there is plenty to criticize Disney about regarding the cruising rules. Disney is letting the suspected carriers do the testing is a horrible decision. As Dave demonstrated, you don't even need to put the swab in your nose and the Inspire people will take the swab and approve it. Literally approving nothing. I have been on more than 10 Disney cruises, I'm not going again until they fix that mess.

Dave's video still has the testing in it as of 2 minutes ago, Michael must be ripped tit because he's trying so hard to cover up and David is outing him. LOL
It's RIDICULOUS how poorly Dave swabbed himself at the port. I didn't think it could have been worse than his home test, but OMB, only the very tip of the swab was in his nose and it was barely grazing the skin. No wonder they passed!

Reactions: 4

I agree. Letting people self administer the swab is the same as not administering the test at all. Watching the video, the guy kept saying to get into the canal. They barely inserted it into their nostril. It is all testing covid theater. A complete waste of time and resources.

• Sad
I find it interesting timing that this morning I received an email from DCL regarding COVID testing. My cruise is not until late January 2022. I can only hope that someone at Disney has seen the tit storm.

1629217544617.png

Hey everyone - on another note, I tried to create a new thread because this one is close to being locked. I don't have the option, maybe my account is too new? Can some of you follow the instructions and see if you have the option?
Be sure to use the suggested new title, Michael and Dave Kay #2 Sociopath Super Spreaders
I can't remember who suggested the title, but it's awesome.

Reactions: 5
Since he was only vaccinated a month ago I wonder if he caught it before the two weeks of “fully vaccinated” kicked in. How sad and terrible timing.
He said he got it (vaccine) early July.

And he started getting sick around middle of last week and got really bad the morning we (DH, me, and my brother) went to MegaCon (so that was Friday 13th) and went into the hospital then. But he hasn't been allowed visitors at all - not even my SIL.

So, I think in his case, the vaccine should have kicked in by then? I don't know. There's so much info out there. It's so frustrating and can be scary at times!

I find it interesting timing that this morning I received an email from DCL regarding COVID testing. My cruise is not until late January 2022. I can only hope that someone at Disney has seen the tit storm.

View attachment 716937

Hey everyone - on another note, I tried to create a new thread because this one is close to being locked. I don't have the option, maybe my account is too new? Can some of you follow the instructions and see if you have the option?
Be sure to use the suggested new title, Michael and Dave Kay #2 Sociopath Super Spreaders
I can't remember who suggested the title, but it's awesome.
I just posted above that I'm not going on another cruise until they fix that testing test mess. I too have a cruise scheduled in late January 2022 on the Fantasy, but we're thinking of postponing because this is just plain nuts and I don't want to risk my life to binge eat/drink any more than necessary ;-)

I just posted above that I'm not going on another cruise until they fix that testing test mess. I too have a cruise scheduled in late January 2022 on the Fantasy, but we're thinking of postponing because this is just plain nuts and I don't want to risk my life to binge eat/drink any more than necessary ;-)
We are on the January 22, 2022 embarkation on the Fantasy. My options to reschedule are limited because I went all in and booked Concierge. And the cancel/reschedule rules are very different. UGH.

If the vaccination requirements stay the same, I'm okay with it. We were fully vaxxed by mid-May, so I'm happy to avoid the testing.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.