Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I think that this irresponsible video is drawing a lot of the long time lurkers in this thread. I can't with the Kay Bros anymore. Like a lot of you, I started out enjoying Michael's videos. They were a way to fill the Disney void while waiting for my next trip. Then it turned into the hate watching as the squeals started getting more high pitched and frequent. Now its rage inducing yet I can't stop watching.

My fiancé and I go to Disney a few times a year. We had a short trip in April and I had my first Michael Kay (that I knew of) in the wild spotting. We were walking around in Frontierland and no joke, it was like a sappy love scene in a movie. The crowds vanished. It was just me, my fiancé and Michael Kay. Nobody else was around..time may have slowed down. There he was in all his glory - medium shirt and cargo shorts. No giant camera, no Pegasus and Remy was still safe somewhere in a Disney warehouse. I contemplated introducing myself to him and pretending to be a fan but I couldn't degrade myself that way. I settled on being a total creep and decided that I was going to follow him for as long as I possibly could. I wanted to hear those girlish squeals in person. Obviously I had to be discreet and leave a decent sized gap between us so he wouldn't think I was a Kaykateer Stan. I think he eventually sensed someone was following him and I lost him somewhere in Fantasyland. I was so excited to get back to the hotel room and post about my experience on GG but that was the same time that site went down. I've been holding onto this story for months. The medium shirt is tighter in person. The hair is more gray. I never got close enough to him to tell if he was struggling to breathe while walking and talking but I'm sure he was.

We have a routine where we eat dinner and watch either a Michael or Dave video. It's actually a great way to prevent yourself from overeating - the rage causes me to lose my appetite. I've been annoyed with his recent studio content; there's so much less to mock so I decided to hate watch some videos from 2019 - there's on a few I haven't watched before. One of them was the low crowds for MNSSHP because of Hurricane Dorian. We were at that party. So was Michael. We made it though the video and as he's walking down Main Street at the end of the night I spot myself and my fiancé. Backs to the camera waiting for the last Boo to You parade before we headed back to our resort. I remember that night and that moment he captured. I went from being in a great mood to sudden rage. I could see it in my body language and my fiancé remembered that moment and how quickly I went from loving everything and then wanting to just punch someone. At the time I thought it was probably from sleep deprivation and the stress being in Disney during a hurricane. Nope - I think my mood changed because I was less than 3 feet away from someone that I've always wanted to punch in the face. I think I have Mikey-sense...I can sense him around me.

I have another trip coming up in 3 weeks. I'm fully vaccinated and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't slightly concerned with the state of Florida and their COVID cases. If my Mikey-sense or Davey-sense kicks in, I don't know if I'll be able to hold in the rage and you may hear about a 30 something woman that went ballistic on one of them for being selfish and risking the health of thousands of people. I've always suspected that they weren't vaccinated - Dave's video confirmed that and it's just enraging me even more.

That was a long first post but I also want to express my appreciation for all of you and the laughs you've provided over the last year while I've been a lurker.

Reactions: 18

shadee91762

VIP Member
So Mike's running around the parks maskless and unvaccinated but he's thrilled about Disneyworld having a No Profanity Rule. I guess only certain rules apply to the Kay Clowns. Hey Mikey go fuck yourself oops I used profanity!!

• Haha

Brookie

Chatty Member
Michael is getting put on major blast on FB under a DCL Fan post (sponsored by The Dis). One of their agents, Elaine, went on the cruise and has been posting updates and the requirements, etc. Well, someone brought up MK and how he said everyone is getting tested. It opened up a can of worms and people are unfollowing him and reporting him to Disney to take him off of the media list. They are also commenting how he has to have known because he is rapidly deleting comments about his lack of following the mask rules in the parks.

I am for people getting vaccinated, but also realize that it is a personal choice. If he didn't want to discuss it, he didn't have to but don't put out misinformation or willingly be manipulative and deceptive. He acts like he has high morals, values, and integrity. He doesn't. And this personally pisses me off because he talks about wanting to have been a military officer and even is wearing a hat on the cruise with scrambled eggs (reserved for highly ranked and high positions of authority). I know it is just a Disney ball cap, but as someone who served for 20 years, I don't ever want to hear him talk about that sh*t ever again. He wouldn't last five minutes in the military and no one would ever follow his leadership. I can guarantee it!

I don't know why, but this is really pissing me off. It is one thing to be deceptive about the house by using green screens, but this is a total lack of character and integrity. He is a total grifter.

Interesting comment for a virus with a mortality rate far lower than 1%...
Covid fills ICU beds rapidly in a way that other viruses do not. If you were to get into a terrible car accident when all of the ICU beds in your state were filled with covid patients on ventilators, you would have to wait for one of those beds to open up to get the care you needed. You might die waiting for one of those beds/ventilators to become available. That’s why this virus is so serious and people should do absolutely everything they can (mask wearing and vaccines) to prevent this from happening.

Ron Deathsentence is a fitting name, IMO. He has shown he does not care about the residents of FL (just cares about getting the anti-vax/anti-mask vote) and the state is paying dearly for it. People like MK and Dave are making a bad situation worse by not wearing masks and not getting vaccinated.

Reactions: 16

Claude4

VIP Member
Best comment for Dave’s video.

Jack Walsh
13 hours ago
Thanks for keeping us updated, Dave! In your next life update vlog, could you maybe tell us when was the last time you were punched in the face? Because, I gotta tell ya, I think you’re due.

• Haha

missmothman

I've lurked here for a while and wanted to just chime in with my thoughts. I find Michael's content frustrating - I don't mind saying that at one point I genuinely enjoyed the videos he posted but over time it's become increasingly lackluster as he tries to create a formula that sits somewhere between Disney promotional material and DFB food reviews.

"Only ok" / "would(nt) go out of my way" / "not my favourite" / "all time favourite" / "If you like [ingredient] then you'll like [insert dish name]" would probably sum up most of his food reviews.

Meanwhile his park content has been reduced to not actually experiencing the parks in a way that's relatable but instead clinically vlogging his "experiences" with irritating transitions, faux excitement expressed through squealing and touchy feely merchandise previews ("Oh. My. Gosh. Just look at this [product I want to be mailed to me]. That is so cool!"). Conclude with an insincere "Have a magical daaayyy" and you have the perfect recipe for a Michael Kay video.

Having said all this, it's a little sad that he gets ripped on for weight and appearance. Granted he doesn't help himself with some of the content he puts out there (see bath time with Mike) but still, I'd wager there's a decent portion of us who aren't happy with our weight, appearance or diet. It's easy to target these things, sure, but I think there's a fine line between criticism and just putting someone down because they might be overweight, or have issues with their lifestyle.

Anyway, just wanted to express my frustration at what I find so infuriating about his videos. When you're living such a hotspot for fun stuff to do it must be hard to produce stuff that's as stale as Mike's content.
I agree with most of what you said!

however, when it comes to his appearance... michael is the one taping himself and putting the videos out there for monetary gain. If he wants to be a public figure then he has to expect that kind of criticism. Just comes with the "job".

He has lied about so much I cannot feel bad for him. Michael dug himself the hole he is in and he's been struggling to climb out for the past year. Sadly for him, he won't be able to.

HE himself chooses his actions. He was the one at Disney hotels and parks right when they opened last year frolicking around saying how much he loved having the parks so empty. All while hundreds of thousands of people were sick and dying from THE GLOBAL SITUATION. Those videos were in such poor taste it's no wonder he took them down. He should be embarrassed and mortified.

Michael outright lied about having a job and living in an apartment. There were times after he purchased his 400k house where he specifically said in videos that he had to run back to the apartment. Now, I'm not a FL Resident, but up here in Ohio there is a huge difference between a 2 bedroom apartment and a 400k home.

michael lost his career, his father, and his (at one time, growing) YouTube channel. All because of his choices. He is delusional and needs professional help.

TheWoodenSpoon

The irony that he’s always saying ‘thank you for your service’ but when it comes to him preforming the basic service of wearing a mask or getting vaxxed he morals are AWOL

Reactions: 15

Claude4

VIP Member
This one is still up.

Awe5omeLove
24 minutes ago
Michael, it’s incredibly irresponsible that you went to the parks unvaxxed AND without a mask. you need to own up to your mistakes and do better. and before you delete this comment, please know that Disney has been made aware of your actions and you can’t delete that.

Reactions: 14

Karl Berg

From disneycruiselineblog.com:

Embarkation COVID-19 Testing

Guests are required to undergo a rapid PCR COVID-19 test at the terminal prior to boarding. A $65 test fee will be charged to the folio of all Guests 12 years and older. Guests arriving by personal vehicle will be directed to a testing location in the parking garage. Guests arriving by hired transportation will be directed to a testing location next to the parking garage.

The pre-embarkation COVID-19 test at the port is a self-swab test and parents will need to assist children that are unable perform it on their own. Professionals will be on hand to help guide you through the process. Test results typically take approximately one hour to receive but could take longer. We recommend that Guests plan accordingly and consider bringing any snacks, water or activities that may be needed while waiting. Guests will receive an email when their results are available and must log in to the Safe Passage website to determine whether their party is clear to embark. Guests in the garage will be provided with a telephone number should they have any questions while awaiting test results; Guests in the testing facility next to the garage will be able to address any questions to staff stationed there.

COVID-19 Vaccination

Guests who are fully vaccinated may choose to provide proof of vaccination through the Safe Passage website by Inspire Diagnostics in order to be exempt from the pre-trip and embarkation COVID-19 testing and travel insurance requirements listed above. Fully vaccinated Guests who arrived from an international destination within the past 5 days must undergo the rapid PCR COVID-19 test at the terminal, paid for by Disney Cruise Line. It is recommended that Guests bring their vaccination card showing the final dose was administered at least 14 days before sailing with them to the port.

Further proof these two bumbling idiots aren't vaccinated and breaking Disney rules at the parks.

• Angry

T-Rexx

Chatty Member
FRE is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too creative to be either of those two limited people.

Of course, Dave's video has not yet edited yet and still contains the testing phase of the trip. I haven't watched the whole thing yet, I just checked to see if it had been edited and if it still has the same intro. And he still has his at home testing vlog up. Michael is probably screaming at Dave to "take it down" but Dave does not want to remove his priceless content. Good times in the Kay house today.

Adam the Woo made a huge deal out of getting vaxxed. He babbled (senselessly IMO) about the pros and cons, but he got it. Clearly Disney prefers vaxxed people, but it is a business trying to navigate a state controlled by Ron Deathsentence. Disney has lost billions from the plague and Michael and Dave don't give a shit. It's not what Disney is promoting.

Last edited:

T-Rexx

Chatty Member
Interesting comment for a virus with a mortality rate far lower than 1%...
Here's a plan for you take w/e percentage you want and multiply it by the world's population to see what number you get. How many have to die before you become concerned? Also, you should google "long covid" to see what you see.

perrydude

Someone posted this comment on Dave's video

talked to a friend of mine who is in Guest Relations. I was told I should email guest communications about them. I was told if there is proof they are breaking the rules chances are they will be removed from the media list and possibly loss of pass. Of course they could not guarantee any of that, but it is a good way to alert them. I was told other vlogers have been kicked off the media list and passes suspended for this exact same reason. So I encourage you to do what I did and send a email.

TikiMeerkat

Okay guys, after GG went down I found you all here and have been lurking, but have resisted making an account until now. I don’t know who exactly is here from the old GG days but if anyone remembers me... hi, I’m back because I can no longer keep quiet about how much these asshats have been jackhammering my last and final nerve lately.

I wish I could say I can’t believe these absolute waffles would go on a cruise unvaccinated, but I can believe it quite easily because it’s one of the most on-brand things they’ve ever done, right up there with saying they’re only ordering one milkshake and then ordering two, or flying to Hawaii just to poke at things in grocery stores.

Like many of you, I am enraged by the cruise vlogs, yet they also deliver some of the most top-notch Kay entertainment. There’s something about watching Michael get orgasmically excited over a sad-looking meal only to report later that it wasn’t as good as he remembers that just absolutely tickles me.

Reactions: 13

TheNextStacey

Chatty Member
Looking back at Disney World's mask policy requirements. It looks like in April they started allowing all guests to remove masks for photos. Then in May masks were optional outdoors for all guests. They expected unvaccinated guests to continue to wear masks when indoors. Has he broken the rules? We don't usually see Michael indoors at Disney unless he is stuffing his face...
Oh come on, just got take a look at his videos from the last few months. Here's a screenshot from his vlog on 6/28. He's indoors at the Contemporary, walking around, not eating, and not wearing a mask.
1629140674821.png

Perhaps it was just a principal thing, he has been vaccinated but doesn't want to show proof and would rather undergo the test?
If you know anything about Michael, you would know that there is no way he would spend money for a test that wasn't required.

Claude4

VIP Member
I couldn’t resist.

Michael Kay
1 hour ago
Thanks everyone for the heads up! I double checked Disney's website and confirmed that information I was given at the port that was not accurate. I have updated the video to remove the confusing section. For official policy for the Disney Cruise Line, go to this website: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/experience-updates/us/

Word Salad
Word Salad

Make sure you get a refund for the cost of the test. Since you are vaccinated you shouldn’t have to pay for it.

• Haha

nogodsnomouse

Chatty Member
i posted this reply but it was deleted.

Michael Kay
16 minutes ago
Thanks everyone for the heads up! I double checked Disney's website and confirmed that information I was given at the port that was not accurate. I have updated the video to remove the confusing section. For official policy for the Disney Cruise Line, go to this website: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/experience-updates/us/

LOLA Of Florida
LOLA Of Florida
I guess you got bad information regarding wearing a mask indoors at Disney without being vaccinated.
Ah yes, yet another case of it being the CMs/employees fault and not his.
If he was vaxxed and they made him get & pay for the test, he'd for sure be screaming about how Disney now owes him money (ala Swangate/WLUber). But, he knows he's in the wrong.
Also curious if Disney reached out to him and threatened his media list spot if he didn't remove it? 🤔