Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
If you're in the mood for a burger, get the burger. If you're in the mood for a turkey sandwich, get the turkey. Can't argue with that sound advice.
Ugh these No Shit Sherlock musings might be my biggest trigger about their food reviews. "If you don't like mushrooms I wouldn't get the mushroom soup." Oh thank god, I loathe mushrooms and you guys really helped me dodge a culinary bullet!

And at this point I have to wonder if Dave is trolling by continuing to describe food as smooth.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

nogodsnomouse

Chatty Member
So, I def think the pee doh accusations are a bit much… but everyone is entitled to believe what they want.

I feel like my experience is a bit outdated as it looks as though 20 years have passed since I spent time with him… and plenty has obviously changed.. but here’s my 2 cents:

I really lean toward Peter Pan syndrome. This man had ZERO desire to grow up years ago and couldn’t handle adulting, hence still living with mommy and daddy in his 20’s while making good pay as a federal employee. I would bet a lot of money mommy either moved in with him in FL… or spends a large amount of time there. Everything Disney keeps him wrapped in this childhood delusion of the world and he’s far more interested in the kid side of things because he mentally cannot handle growing up and gets no satisfaction from the adult things like drinking or romance.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder seems to run rampant in this family and part of Michael’s mask is the wholesome Disney loving guy adored by all the cougars. If that mask were to come off, he’d have to face the reality that he’s an unsuccessful man child that everyone laughs at… so whatever absurd things he thinks will keep getting the positive praise from the cougars and maintain that mask will be done without second thoughts for how creepy it is.
Way back in Feb 2020 (lol) I was at Epcot and decided to go over and see what the fuss is over the Rivera resort. As I was walking to the lobby area, I saw him with his mom setting up shots. I remember thinking to myself, "Huh. She's not in any videos" and then she was no where in the video later posted. So yeah, I think she has been living with them which, tbh, makes everything so much worse. How horrible of a parent are you to live with your two sons while they are clearly heading to a point of failure? Of course, I also get the vibe that whenever MK bottoms out, she and Davy will split. I bet mom handles the money/bills as well. That's going to be a huge surprise for MK when he's on his own for real.

I whole heartedly agree. I know we can "never really know", but MK seems to be a case of arrested development. I think he's an underdeveloped emotionally person who doesn't understand boundaries. I'm no excusing his filming of people (especially children) in pool areas, but I really don't think he's doing it with malicious intent.

As you said everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I think the constant hammering of this idea he's a peedoh edges into a territory that is a step too far. And if he ends up on the news someday, then we'll know we were wrong, but for now I don't agree with that assessment.

If you're in, go take a look at his chats where he discusses his admiration for Elon Musk, and compares himself. Good stuff.
For some reason this triggered a memory of an old vlog where he briefly met Bob Iger in a park and afterwards he was like “I know it’s not my place to ask him if I can join the team”…which, he’s not wrong, but omg the unending depths of delusion that he would even have to console himself with that statement.

• Wow

zag209

Remember when MK was going to get into golfing, and that lasted all of a week or 2 and then never heard anything about it again and it was back to face stuffing? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

• Haha

cheshiretail21

Epcot: has foods/flavors from all over the world
This guy: I think we should have more popcorn flavors, that would really enhance the 50th anniversary

• Haha

peteykirch

VIP Member
Right. If “all publicity is good publicity” according to him, what’s with the comment deleting spree and the video editing? Gee for someone so smug he sure seems insecure!

Zero surprise that he's going the "misinformed CM" route. Bruh it's simply not realistic that a CM or other port employee would get something so important so wrong; nor that there wouldn't be checks in place to prevent such an error.

Also thanks to whoever posted the relevant Disney email addresses – I just wrote to them and even if it goes nowhere it made me feel less ragey.
This is also MK we are talking about...dude doesn't want to spend 1 penny more than he should. If he truly was vaccinated he wouldn't be shelling $65 for the test in the parking garage. Every time he tries to change the narrative and the lie it is just going worse and worse for him.

Wendilyn22

Chatty Member
I've never created a thread before so here goes nothing. Thanks to whoever suggested the new title.

letsgetouttahere

I can't watch him, I just find it so odd that a 40+ year old man behaves the way he does, it's almost like he has some sort of disorder. I also don't understand how disney approve of him to keep him on the media list.
40+??? The man is only in his early 30s. I think 31. Hard to beleive isn't it?

• Haha
  • Wow

T-Rexx

Chatty Member
The reason it will be hard for Disney to ban Michael: Michael is good for 10,000 calories of food per day. I saw an estimate floating around that Michael makes up for 2.75 dieters at WDW.

• Haha

peteykirch

VIP Member
Michael and 5k are two things that just don’t go together. I slightly recall a Mk video where his family is at Castaway Kay and they all signed up for a race. The family participated but Michael changed his mind and explored somewhere…but still ended up with a medal.
Hey if the Jenn Slacker can slog her way through a 5K I'm sure Mikey Boy could. He'll just need Davey staying about 20 feet ahead of him holding a Night Blossom on a stick.

• Haha

theotherkay

I received a reply to my email to WDW about Michael Kay. Here is the response:

Dear theotherkay,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

I am sorry to hear about your disappointment regarding our most recent operational changes. Regrettably, we have no control over other Guests actions and decisions during these unprecedented times specifically Michael Kay as he has no affiliation with us. Please be assured that even during these unprecedented times, we're constantly improving and trying to get back to the Magic as safely as possible. Whenever any changes have occurred for our daily operation, we've always sought guidance from health authorities and appropriate government agencies, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Their advice informed many of our operational updates like the mandatory face-covering mandate for all indoor locations and Attraction queues, Entertainment offerings, temporary closures, and the current limited capacity at our Theme Parks, Resorts, and the Disney Springs Area. However, please keep in mind that changes are also based on feedback that we get from all our Guests who are visiting. We can understand how some changes to the Attraction or even the may have disappointed you. Please be rest assured that your feedback will be shared with the appropriate Leadership team in that area.

Thank you for sharing your honest and constructive feedback.

Kindest regards,

Todd Barnes
Guest Experience Services
Walt Disney World Resort
I didn't complain of share any disappointment about operational changes at WDW, so not sure what Todd Barnes is talking about. Here is my original email:

Hello,

My family and I have been visiting Disney theme parks for decades. My wife and I married at WDW in 2012. We're big, huge fans of the parks and Cast Members.

One thing we love is how Disney puts guest safety first. Even during this COVID pandemic, WDW has remained on top of the ball and keeps policies clear, concise and fair.

That's why we're disappointed to see one of Disney World's largest, most-followed social influencers/creators parade around the World without a mask while being unvaccinated.

Michael Kay recently went on a Disney cruise and showed he was unvaccinated because he was required to take a rapid COVID test at the port before setting sail. Despite the fact he shared misinformation about the test (saying everyone, regardless of vaccination status, is required to test at the port), the revelation brought up a larger issue: Michael Kay has been touring the parks, Disney Springs, World transportation, etc., without wearing a mask while being unvaccinated.

This poses a dangerous risk to many guests and Cast Members. And, Disney's media-related ties to him gives me pause.

I'm not advocating you ban Michael Kay from Disney parks, but people have been banned for less, taking photos of behind-the-scenes areas, for example. Michael Kay has been knowingly violating Disney parks policy during a health crisis and has been putting people at risk.

If guest safety matters most, then something needs to be done about Michael Kay's access to the parks and property as a whole.

Here's his cruise vlog, of which he edited out first 8 minutes once people began questioning what he has been doing:

Since things on the Internet live forever, here's the missing footage:

Lots of people are talking about this on social media, so it's something that definitely has struck a nerve with the Disney community.

Thanks for your time,
theotherkay

• Wow

T-Rexx

Chatty Member
I still can't fathom why he didn't just not discuss or show the testing process for the video. Why make up blatant lies?
The lies are because there are hours of video of Michael violating Disney's (and other) unvaxxed/mask policies. Plus he's panicking and making bad decisions which happens when you react without taking time to think. But he lied in his video on his way to DCL because he was misinformed, he thought he could hide his unvaxxed status behind "everyone gets tested" because Disney's website has a communication flaw. If he had checked the "vaxxed" part of the website (you know, check how other people check in to pass that info to his viewers rather than just focus on himself) he would have seen that vaxxed don't need tests.

nogodsnomouse

Chatty Member
I have said that EXACT SAME THING!!! It's like someone who has never been in the military making a big show bout saluting all the time but doing it incorrectly. Ugh. YOU ARE NOT A FRIGGING CM!!!! Drives me BANANAS.
LEAST we not forget how he deletes comments about applying to be a photopass CM and has quickly made it clear he'd never "stoop" to the lowly role of a CM.
He's absolutely that Passhole that is like, "I love CMs! They are the magic!!!!" all the while being an actual piece of shit to them irl.

Hammerstone

VIP Member
I didn't realise until recently how bitchy all these vloggers are to eachother.

The best way to settle it, just meet up and have it out.

I'd like to see a wrestlemania style event.

Tim Tracker vs PCD in a hell in a cell
Paging Mr Morrow vs Adrian from Theme park express in a money in the bank match (briefcase containing snacks)

• Haha

comvom

Jim Beam is Michael right? He's always fighting in the comments. Also, if Michael were to assume an alter ego he would think a name like Jim Beam would sound cool and adult, certainly not someone to be messed with.

• Haha