Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MichaelsAchilles

1 hour and 29 minutes for a 5k???

A normal walking pace is a 20 minute mile. In no way did he "run" a 5k.

His total lack of self-awareness is really fascinating. He is a case study to parents on why you don't praise your kids on everything they do. Criticism can actaully helps your kids grow.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Paper Cup

I think today's video was the most entertaining video Michael has ever put out. I couldn't stop laughing at some of the turns and sqeeze-throughs he pulled on a scooter. I was on the edge of my seat during my lunch break thinking "no, he won't do that" "he won't cut that family off" "he really said fuck you and your baby I'm filming and will run your over", etc. I wonder how hard it was for him to not say a single, stupid word. I did hear him cough once or so. Still so fucking hilarious I loved this video. 😂 I would pay to see him do this in person omg what a sight it would be!!

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Bruceman

If Dave is responding to the comments, then the rebrand is really hinting that the family is going to work together and try and turn Mike’s brand into a family brand/business.

I’m a small business owner, and while the concept is not terrible, it likely would’ve been best to work on cleaning up Mike’s content, and expanding that, or have Mike work on two channels, his old vlog like videos, and a new channel for travel, that he could always transition into if it ever got more popular.

He could even use his current youtube channel to constantly promote his new, family business one (check out the excursions we experienced on our new channel, come some behind the scene clips of this video on the other channel, etc.) and it would’ve felt a lot more natural then.

This way of doing things is a constant feel of, “I don’t know what I’m doing, I’m just throwing everything against a wall to see what sticks,” and his disingenuous behavior where he keeps things secret, or straight up lies, banning old fans and anyone who had a question that they don’t want to answer.

They might think they’re just cleaning up their subscriber count, expecting to lose people as things change, but then more than make up for it with new subscribers down the line, but when my company pivots, we take years of data, and doing the old thing with the new thing, before abandoning the old thing altogether.

It all looks sloppy. I don’t know what kind of revenue they want to make doing this, but it won’t be a lot. Maybe “fine” for one person’s salary, but not multiple people.

Reactions: 9
All this ECV talk has me quite depressed. This means we will never have the mega sporting event of Michael vs Adrian vs Nate at the Wine and Dine 5k this year. We were expecting an athletic explosion of speed from these three to see who can finish under 60 min and end up at a festival booth.

• Haha

airbusA330

VIP Member
He’s fucking delusional. So is his whole entire family. What pisses me off is someone in USA is working two jobs on minimum wage, or is cold in Ukraine or hungry in Namibia but the Kay’s live a comfortable life spewing bs. 🙄

starri

VIP Member
He said that he currently weighs 325lbs plus he hurt his ankle on his last cruise which was a few weeks ago.
I mean, I admire him wanting to push himself, but maybe at 325lbs, he needed to be less ambitious.

I've only seen a few of his videos, but I generally have liked them. I appreciate that he doesn't sugar-coat (pun intended) his issues with his weight, unlike Mike and PMM.

TheNextStacey

Chatty Member
I like videos when the camera person is walking around so you can see all these things in the area.
I watched Vegas, Italy, Spain, heck, other people at Disney doing this. There’s entire channels for people in Japan going on ships, trains, etc. and makes commentary using the youtube subtitles feature. I really like them.

But this is another level of bad.
It’s stagnant and having us stare at one location while crowds go by… And even if he figures out how to do a good one.. Make another channel for it…
I'm the same. I enjoy those subtitle videos and it especially helps if you're looking at certain features on a train, ship, etc., or first class seats vs coach, for example. What Michael is doing is not that. He's literally setting a camera on the ground or a trashcan or a bench or some fixture and hitting record. It's beyond lazy, and anyone who thinks this is Patreon worthy content should just set their dollar bills on fire instead. Same thing.

putaspellonyou101

Previously, Mikey made it pretty clear that he aspired to be the next Stacey. Now with his voiceover style I'm thinking he has his sights set on AJ from DFB.
AJ's voice is at least cheeful and uses inflection. You can hear her smile in her voice. Michael just sounds like he's doing it because he feels he has to!

TheNextStacey

Chatty Member
This doesn't even look like a rental ECV. Those typically have advertising plastered all over, and from what I remember, the Disney rentals are much larger. Did he buy this hunk of junk, or do a long term rental from a medical supply? He just looks ridiculous, and I do not for a minute believe that he is so incapacitated that he needs a scooter. This is the most slothful and indolent behavior yet. I did rent a scooter once for my 80 year old mom, but she felt totally in the way and tried very hard to park it and walk when we waited in lines or went into shops, etc., with tight spaces. That pic of Michael riding through the food line just speaks volume about his arrogance and sense of superiority.

HeyLetsGoState

Chatty Member
or be completely removed from the videos from the start. I love 4KWDW's videos. Also good example, defunctland. Don't heavily feature your elderly father then act like he never existed? Providing glimpses into his life is why Paging Mr Morrow succeeded.
Mr Morrow's last video is him and his friends getting drunk and partying in EPCOT. 10/10 would watch again

esc2476

Chatty Member
Bad news: Mike posted a new video.

Good news: it’s available on Apple’s Podcast app where he can’t touch the reviews.
---

OMG it’s just a voiceover with a static picture.

• Wow
  • Haha

TheNextStacey

Chatty Member
I just watched TPE's video and I give him props for trying. Obviously he is on a journey and he took the first step - so what if he didn't get it done. He tried and he's motivated to train and try again.

TikiMeerkat

Dave is an absolute, unapologetic, Grade A certified buffoon, but I have to give him a little bit of credit for doing what Michael never could — moving on when life gets stagnant and things aren’t working out. Do I think Dave is going to find wild success in Dallas? No. Do i think his channel or his dreams of fame are ever going to amount to anything? Also no. But I will give him props for moving to a new city on his own, seeking out new employment, and admitting when it’s time to reassess.

Unfortunately, whatever points he earned for all of that are completely negated by the amount of times he said “calibrate, recalibrate” in that word salad video.

I, for one, can’t wait for the inevitable 35-minute Bucees vlog.

• Haha

T-Rexx

Chatty Member
I think Pete is an interesting guy. IMO he gives honest reviews of WDW food/rooms. And he's old and crotchety like me. :)

I've known a large number of people with alcohol/drug addiction. I probably was at risk when I was a young guy (maybe even surpassed the "at risk" stage) but I was able to turn it off on my own. My dad, not so much. My father-in-law was in recovery for 50 years after hitting bottom and literally was a street person; he was still going to meetings before he passed away. I think that I was lucky that this was not a problem for me: "Research shows that genes are responsible for about half of the risk for AUD [Alcohol Use Disorder]." https://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohols-effects-health/alcohol-use-disorder/genetics-alcohol-use-disorder
Other people face emotional or environmental issues which can enhance the likelihood of addiction. A person can choose to upload an idiotic "look at me" video, or even worse a "listen to me video," but "choice" is not a thing for an addicted person.

• Heart