Mia Jeal #8 always leaves baby on the floor.Mabel would get more attention from a door

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watch YouTube videos to try and wind down and enjoy myself at the end of the day, after watching Mia’s videos I end up being more depressed than I was beforehand. Her face when she plays with Mabel and the colours and clothes it’s all so sad, Mia if you read this just know that putting a bit of colour in your life won’t kill you!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Jesus Christ why are all Mabel’s presents so dull? And why is Mabel going to be playing with wooden healthier food than she’s being given to eat? Priorities Mia, priorities

Reactions: 23
Hmmm what to buy for the baby that eats nothing but toast? A wooden toaster!

• Haha
I commented on mias insta post (because I can’t comment on her vid) and just asked why she doesn’t buy colourful things for Mabel and also just said that babies love colour and is better for their development. I tried to put it as nicely as I could so she would answer but it was deleted in about 5 mins 🤦‍♀️ Clearly knows she’s doing something wrong when she can’t even answer a simple question and deletes it straight away... I guess she’s not going to change and will keep putting her aesthetic first

Reactions: 16
How does she even manage to make birthdays so damn boring 🤯 I don’t understand why she bought so much that Mabels way too young for? It wouldn’t be so bad if Mia actually played with her but we all know she won’t, then she’ll moan that Mabel is clingy and won’t play alone 🙄

p.s that vegetable basket looks like abit of a choking hazard..

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I actually really like Mias earthy toned aesthetic but not EVERYTHING has so match. No body with a full life has time for that!
I haven’t watch the video yet so will give my round up as always 🤣 but I personally love wooden toys far more than plastic tat. It lasts far longer, good for the environment and also less over stimulating that baskets full of crazy bright toys. Things like wooden blocks etc. Are great for development becuase they’re open ended and encourage creativity and STEM etc. We’ll see what I think 🤣🤣 brb

ALSO. Why does Mia never get anything second hand?(bar the kitchen the cat pissed on 😷 ) babies fit in clothes for a couple of months at most so why spend So much money on ‘aesthetic’ pieces she will grow out of and just wants to play it. And why would you spend so much on a kitchen, pram Etc. You can get all these things almost new from charity shops/market place. My momma friends all pass down and swap toys to keep from constantly buying new ones. Get books from the library or second hand to save buying them etc. Not because of money, but it’s just better when they’re going to use these things for SUCH a short time.

Reactions: 10
How does she even manage to make birthdays so damn boring 🤯 I don’t understand why she bought so much that Mabels way too young for? It wouldn’t be so bad if Mia actually played with her but we all know she won’t, then she’ll moan that Mabel is clingy and won’t play alone 🙄

p.s that vegetable basket looks like abit of a choking hazard..
Few of them had 3+ on them which isn't ideal for a 1 year old

Reactions: 13
Did she really just say she wanted to get Mabel a few statement pieces 😂 like I'm sorry shes a baby what's the need to get nice clothes for?? Like my entire family grew up in cheap clothes probably until we were 8 or 9 like.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Okay: video round up.
Mias sharing what she got Mabel for her first birthday NOT IN HER BEDROOM WOOOO HOOOO.
she (Victoria) bought Mabel a new kitchen (£80) and will put the cat piss one outside. A new wooden toaster for the kid that’s only given toast 🤣 some other accessories, all adorable.
A £150 tiny pram (WTFFFFFF) we aren’t hard up, both me and my husband work and we are very comfortable BUT I would never spend £150 on a pram for a 1 year old that Mia says she will use for a year before getting a bigger one. That’s insane but okay. Mia would be best getting a lovely second/cheaper one and putting her money in a pot for her once she’s 18 or a house?!
She mentions mabels PETITE again.
Then a tunnel/tent set. Mia says it’s not about aesthetics even though her whole life is for the aesthetic.
Cute plastic balls for it.
Some hair bows.
A hat.
A bunch of nice clothes from Zara/Next.
Some blocks and other small toys

Everything linked in her video came to £385. That’s not including all the Zara/Next clothes and accessories for the kitchen. Probably about £450-£500 all together, if not more (reached the end of the video - it’s deffo more)

Jeez. I know that’s normal for a bunch of people and not shaming here. But me and my siblings had a £100 limit on Christmas/birthdays. Even now Me and my other half have a £100 limit. Circle and add up in the Argos catalogue 🤣
Maybe I’m the weird one here but there’s no WAY I’d spend £500 on a kids birthday. Unless it was something that would be around for YEARS for many kids eg a huge trampoline. Even that wouldn’t be £500.

I actually loved all the toys and from a professional point of view, they were all fantastic open ended toys that are great for development. Them being in pastel colours isn’t going to stunt her development lol. Mia not interacting with her will though!

• Wow
I don’t see what everyone’s problem with wooden toys is tbh? Children are easily overstimulated with bright flashy toys. Natural, open ended toys are fantastic for children and so worth the investment. I buy Grimms, Grapat, plan toys, holztiger et. So generally much more colourful so yeah she could include some more colourful ones but wooden toys in general, perfect for kids. There’s no need for plastic shite, doesn’t help kids develop any more than other toys 🤷🏼‍♀️

I’ll admit I haven’t seen the video, but the comments in general here about wooden toys I don’t understand the hate?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I don’t see what everyone’s problem with wooden toys is tbh? Children are easily overstimulated with bright flashy toys. Natural, open ended toys are fantastic for children and so worth the investment. I buy Grimms, Grapat, plan toys, holztiger et. So generally much more colourful so yeah she could include some more colourful ones but wooden toys in general, perfect for kids. There’s no need for plastic shite, doesn’t help kids develop any more than other toys 🤷🏼‍♀️

I’ll admit I haven’t seen the video, but the comments in general here about wooden toys I don’t understand the hate?
100% there’s a bunch of studies that show kids are far calmer and betting at sharing, interacting etc when playing with wooden toys opposed to plastic, noisy, over stimulating stuff.

Reactions: 6
100% there’s a bunch of studies that show kids are far calmer and betting at sharing, interacting etc when playing with wooden toys opposed to plastic, noisy, over stimulating stuff.
Yeah exactly! Like don’t get me wrong, I don’t have anything against plastic toys really, my kids enjoy playing with their friends ones but I don’t get why there’s such hate over wooden ones! Every day I’m amazed at what my kids create and invent out of all their bits and pieces that alone don’t look like much but when kids and their imagination get to them, they make wonderful things!

Reactions: 5
The toys in general aren’t the issue. I mean they are great, but the problem is the age is set for the child’s ability and the risk of choking. If Mia actually interacted with Mabel and supervised her then they wouldn’t be a problem. I buy toys older for my son but it’s about showing him and encouraging his development. But she doesn’t she just sticks her on the floor to play by herself and then she watches YouTube/Harry Potter and that’s where they become dangerous. I really hope she actually wants to play WITH Mabel otherwise these toys for encouraging her imagination would be pointless, as Mabel won’t know what to do with them.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
today’s video on mabels birthday toys was actually a lot more interesting to watch when mia is actually in a different setting and not just her bedroom😅 i think most of mias toys were great for mabel and her development (some of them were way too old for mabels age) however i think most of them were age appropriate :) why on earth did mia spend £150 on a child’s tiny pram though... thats the same price some people pay for an actual pram😂

Reactions: 14
Jeez. I know that’s normal for a bunch of people and not shaming here. But me and my siblings had a £100 limit on Christmas/birthdays. Even now Me and my other half have a £100 limit. Circle and add up in the Argos catalogue 🤣
Maybe I’m the weird one here but there’s no WAY I’d spend £500 on a kids birthday. Unless it was something that would be around for YEARS for many kids eg a huge trampoline. Even that wouldn’t be £500.
I thought the same. Although my parents don’t really give us a limit I don’t think they ever spent more than £100ish on me and my sisters till we were at least 7 or 8. I know things like the kitchen and pram will be used for quite a few years, but I do agree it’s quite a waste to spend so much money on something she could’ve gotten a lot cheaper from a charity shop. I think when my sister turned 1 she got some clothes, nothing especially fancy or aesthetic, and some books and toys. Of course we did already have lots of baby/toddler toys seeing as my other sister is only 2 years older, but Mia barely mentions how the things she buys for Mabel will be kept for future children. Every time I watch her do a haul of all the quite expensive clothes and toys Mia’s bought for Mabel I can’t help but feel like for someone constantly planning baby no. 2 she should mention how she’ll keep it for her next child. A 1 year old isn’t going to notice whether their toy kitchen was 150 pounds or 20 from the charity shop, all they care about is having toys to play with.

Reactions: 4
The play kitchen she already had 'just wasn't up to the standard she thought it would be' Mia love she is hardly going to be making 3 course meals for 50 people with it, it's a toy 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I actually love all the toys she go Mable but maybe for a 2-3 year old... not the pram tho I love it 😍 I have my eye on a different one for my daughter’s 1st birthday in March and thought I was mad for thinking about paying £80 for it.... we have started buying wooden toys now and I really do like them they don’t make lots of noise since there is plenty of that going on in my house 😂 but we have boxes and units filled with plastic toys😂

books she bought are fab but £6 for one book could get loads in the charity shops I don’t buy new books ever..... she’s all about being environmentally friendly

Reactions: 5

I don’t think anyone hates wooden toys, but wooden doesn’t mean it has to be dull and so uninspiring! When your daughter only sees the colour brown it becomes a problem 😂 Wooden toys are great if you can afford them, but plastic toys definitely do help with development when they’re more colourful than the toys she buys! The problem is that Mia puts her own ‘aesthetic’ above mabel’s needs and what she’d actually enjoy!

Take a shot every time she says “Mabel will love this” 🥴
Also everytime she explains that she’s got main presents then side presents to go with those main presents. As if it wasn’t common sense that the pots and pans were to go with the kitchen 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 11
How can even she say “obviously I’ve bought the main things and people have just put little things to go with Mabel’s bits” when Victoria bought the kitchen (£73) and her grandma paid some money towards the pram, which is over £140..? Make it make sense 🤦🏼‍♀️
I didn’t catch the bit about her Nan put money towards the pram, I think other people contributed more for the expensive present and she paid fully for the cheaper ones which is fine but don’t make out your buying the main ones and others are buying the filler presents. The pram is for age 3+ As well

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.