Meteorology moaning - aka the weather, let’s moan about the heat 🥵🔥☀️🔥

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's gonna be hot today. 29c I think. Sod that. Thank goodness it's gonna rain and cool things down after today 🥳

Reactions: 6
Me , everyone thinks I'm a weirdo , I like the cold and the rain 🤣

The rain has made it unbearable. Its 3am and I've woken up feeling like I'm going to combust. I've got the fan and put it on the end of my bed blowing directly at me 🥵🥵🥵🥵

Reactions: 4
One thing I hate is when it gets hot and then I realise I haven’t shaved my legs for a while so can’t wear shorts without feeling self conscious and getting dodgy looks from people.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
One thing I hate is when it gets hot and then I realise I haven’t shaved my legs for a while so can’t wear shorts without feeling self conscious and like people are judging.
I hope I don’t sound patronising but wear what you want! I know it is very difficult when you feel self conscious about something but it should be a my body my choice world! Rock your shorts 💖 If people don’t like somebody’s hairy legs, they should not be looking at them. Their problem not yours!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The rain hasn’t even helped where I am ☹ It’s sooooo sticky and humid I feel gross

• Sad
Reactions: 7
The rain hasn’t even helped where I am ☹ It’s sooooo sticky and humid I feel gross
Yeah turns out only my room was cold. The rest of the house is hoooot. Getting a nice breeze through the open windows

Reactions: 1
I can't remember a summer here in UK that hasnt been humid. I did manage to go for a walk about 8pm the other day when the temperature had dropped but it was still warm, that was nice, but the rest of the time I've been working from home in a muggy house with all the windows open. 🥵

I like the sunshine though, makes a change from the rainy month of May we just had. I just wish we could have sunshine without humidity.

Contemplating a 2nd bath already and I only had one 4 hours ago! this humidity makes me feel grim

That feeling when you have a shower, all nice and clean, then the act of getting dressed and drying hair makes your face sweat. Then try to put on moisturiser to soothe skin, then that sweats out minutes later. 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I hope I don’t sound patronising but wear what you want! I know it is very difficult when you feel self conscious about something but it should be a my body my choice world! Rock your shorts 💖 If people don’t like somebody’s hairy legs, they should not be looking at them. Their problem not yours!
Totally agree with this sentiment it’s just hard in reality to turn off that part of my brain that cares what other people think! Definitely a work in progress.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Totally agree with this sentiment it’s just hard in reality to turn off that part of my brain that cares what other people think! Definitely a work in progress.
I agree it takes time but we will get there! This thread inspired me to find my old shorts and I’m currently rocking them even though I haven’t epilated for a week 😂

• Heart
Well it started off well this morning, overcast and rainy and now the sun has come out. FFS :mad:

Had a bath, no less than 5 minutes after I got out , my back was sweating already 😡 but it's much better today, it's overcast.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I'm in Scotland and it's lovely here today, fresh breeze and probably about 17/18 degrees. When it's like that I don't mind it so much but anything over 20 degrees and I start to die a slow death. It's been fairly cool this last week and quite windy which has made it not too bad.

I'm fat which doesn't help as I'm always hot but I'm happy enough to wear vest top/shorts etc so not bothered about that but my skin HATES the sun. I'm your typical dark haired pale skinned Celt who burns at the drop of a hat. I was out on Sunday, it was cool and overcast and I was in factor 50 but there was still a tinge of pink after being outside for an hour. I'll often cover up to avoid putting sun cream on as I hate the feel of it on my skin (and have been known to react to them on occasion too just to add to the fun 🙄).

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.