Meteorology moaning - aka the weather, let’s moan about the heat 🥵🔥☀️🔥

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Picky bits here too.

Ham
Cucumber
Tomatoes
Boiled egg (nearly killed me)
Pickled beetroot
Scotch eggs
Sliced baguette and butter ( best butter as my Nan would say)
Coleslaw
Crab sticks

• Heart
Reactions: 3
UV Index readings of 8 for the South. (10 is max, globally) Eight is rare in the UK. Extremely damaging. Please stay indoors if you can (between 10am-4pm), if you can't then take every precaution to protect your skin and eyes. Broad spectrum SPF 50 reapplied every 2 hours, wide brim hat, sunglasses, long sleeves etc.

Reactions: 7
This country isn’t built for these temperatures. No air con. Sweltering public transport because we can’t park in city centres without paying a fortune in parking ( so I can commute is somewhat comfort) boiling schools and hospitals. Boiling offices. Then we get the ooh well try living in the states/ Australia blah blah blah. Well I don’t, ok. I live in England. I signed up for mild summers and chilly winters ok! My house is INSULATED to keep the heat In As is every bloody building

Also. I’m way too fat. I know that’s my fault but I’m still going to moan about it. My tits and arse are sweating. 😫

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I've had an email from my water company asking me to be careful with water.

I really wish we had a downpour, my water butt is nearly empty.
We've been told not to shower so the tourists can have it!! :oops: 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I swear everyone is losing their minds on internet and arguing over trivial tit just because of the heat.

Reactions: 2
I am evil today, I've been so grumpy and totally unreasonable about everything....all down to being too hot. I'm not sure what temperature it's been, phone saying 19 now and car said 22 earlier.

My problem is fatness, I'm properly fat which is obviously all my own doing but I'm hot generally so this just adds another level of hot. Then I'm really fair so my skin hates the sun, I don't tan and while my husband and children are blessed with olive skin that tans beautifully and never burn I'm suffering even with factor 50 on.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
I am evil today, I've been so grumpy and totally unreasonable about everything....all down to being too hot. I'm not sure what temperature it's been, phone saying 19 now and car said 22 earlier.

My problem is fatness, I'm properly fat which is obviously all my own doing but I'm hot generally so this just adds another level of hot. Then I'm really fair so my skin hates the sun, I don't tan and while my husband and children are blessed with olive skin that tans beautifully and never burn I'm suffering even with factor 50 on.
I feel you. Have a cool bath. Honestly. It’s lush! I’m too self conscious to get in the paddling pool in the garden so the bath is the next best thing. Nice cool drink. iPad with some crap on. It’s heaven. I’m having one tomorrow after work. I’m so excited! 😂

Reactions: 4
I don't even like being at work at the moment but I'll be grateful for the AC tomorrow from 9am - 5pm.

UV Index readings of 8 for the South. (10 is max, globally) Eight is rare in the UK. Extremely damaging. Please stay indoors if you can (between 10am-4pm), if you can't then take every precaution to protect your skin and eyes. Broad spectrum SPF 50 reapplied every 2 hours, wide brim hat, sunglasses, long sleeves etc.
And yet there are idiots out on beaches with their kids at the hotest part of the day without so much as a hat on or any sort of uv/spf clothing. Crazy!

Reactions: 2
And yet there are idiots out on beaches with their kids at the hotest part of the day without so much as a hat on or any sort of uv/spf clothing. Crazy!
I'm sure I remember a stat from a university lecture claiming Scotland had the highest rare of skin cancer in Europe. And seeing how folk react when there's a slightest glimpse of the sun, it does not surprise me at all.

My former neighbour was Portuguese and her kids were always dressed in long sleeved t-shirts and long shorts on hot days. But then sometimes what we considered very hot days was a normal temperature when she was growing up!

Anyway, the heat sucks. I'm lying on my bed with the fan on and trying to be quiet as all the bedroom doors are open to try and cool down 😭

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.