Meteorology moaning - aka the weather, let’s moan about the heat 🥵🔥☀️🔥

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone ever heard of "Hell's Itch"? It's a prickly pins and needles feeling you get on sunburn. I had it for the first time about 10 years ago when I got badly sunburnt on my back, and I had it again last year. It's the worst thing ever!!! Feels like stinging nettles being rubbed on your sunburn, but it's constant for a day or so. I'm so paranoid about avoiding sunburn now when it's hot like this 😫

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
I don’t know what’s the deal with this sun but it feels way worse than normal? I went outside yesterday for a very short time and it felt like I was going to collapse from it, same today and it’s a much cooler day than yesterday atm

Reactions: 4
I have found my people! 😂
I can’t stand the hot weather! It said it was in the 20’s today but it felt so much warmer.
I am dreading the heat wave everyone says is coming next week. 🥵 Bring on Autumn!
I'm the same, we've got a month of this apparently. I've checked the weather for Herts and its in the high 20s and 30s for the next fortnight.

• Angry
Reactions: 2
My other half is a bit of weather buff and says 50/50 chance of breaking the hottest weather records next weekend. 🥵
I don’t know how we are all going to cope…. 🥵🥵
I can't cope now. Not sure what I'm going to do if it gets much hotter 🥵😭😡

Reactions: 1
Phew, bloody hot today, no chance of me doing any gardening unless I go out after 7PM
when it might be cooler.

I'm dreading next week, I'm a motorcycle courier and working in this heat is not nice, I
can keep hydrated okay but working in London will be hard. I hope there is some out
of town work for me to do. It's very quiet on the courier circuit right now, especially with
the Tennis. As that will end this weekend I hope work will pick up a bit, at least I can get
a nice cool drink from Pret using the coffee subscription.

My other half is a bit of weather buff and says 50/50 chance of breaking the hottest weather records next weekend. 🥵
I don’t know how we are all going to cope…. 🥵🥵
Really feel for anyone with weddings in this heat - a bit of sun is nice but I’d hate to be wearing a wedding dress in this 😬

fellow hay fever sufferers - has anyone here had hay fever and covid at the same time? i’m struggling massively and i’m not sure if the paracetamol is cancelling out my usual anti histamines. any tips hugely appreciated as i can barely breathe going up stairs at the moment 😬😷

Really feel for anyone with weddings in this heat - a bit of sun is nice but I’d hate to be wearing a wedding dress in this 😬
My brother got married a few years ago and it was over 30 that day. Was awful, but then i would say that 😂 Didn't seem to bother anyone else!

fellow hay fever sufferers - has anyone here had hay fever and covid at the same time? i’m struggling massively and i’m not sure if the paracetamol is cancelling out my usual anti histamines. any tips hugely appreciated as i can barely breathe going up stairs at the moment 😬😷
There is a hay fever page and a few people have suggested other types of hay fever medication like fexofenadine and allevia. My hay fever has been bad this year.

• Heart
I've struggled today, I'm in Scotland so it's not as warm as elsewhere but for me it's too much. We went to a family party this afternoon and everyone was outside and felt like the sun was beating down on me the whole time, it was a beautiful afternoon but I overheat so quickly.

Weather for next few weeks looks nice but not as hot as today, more like high teens.

There is a hay fever page and a few people have suggested other types of hay fever medication like fexofenadine and allevia. My hay fever has been bad this year.
I haven't had hay fever this year which is a little strange.

What are you all having for lunch and dinner in this heat? London is unbearable and it really suppresses my appetite, and I’m so used to cooking hot meals 😩

What are you all having for lunch and dinner in this heat? London is unbearable and it really suppresses my appetite, and I’m so used to cooking hot meals 😩
It will be salad with a bit of couscous for me. I cook every night but the thought of extra heat from the oven or hob makes me feel 🤮🤮🤮

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.