Mere Soeur

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’ll be back soon enough to peddle her over-priced T-shirt’s and she’ll need Instagram then. She’s not a single parent anymore. She’s a got a boyfriend that lives in the same house. She can’t bark on about ‘power to single mums’ anymore.

Reactions: 1
She’ll be back soon enough to peddle her over-priced T-shirt’s and she’ll need Instagram then. She’s not a single parent anymore. She’s a got a boyfriend that lives in the same house. She can’t bark on about ‘power to single mums’ anymore.
I disagree with you there. Her having a (new) boyfriend doesn’t make her less of a single parent insofar as - that man has no parental responsibility for her son, no obligation to assist with childcare, money for clothes etc. She is the only adult in the household who is Riv’s parent.

Reactions: 5
I disagree with you there. Her having a (new) boyfriend doesn’t make her less of a single parent insofar as - that man has no parental responsibility for her son, no obligation to assist with childcare, money for clothes etc. She is the only adult in the household who is Riv’s parent.
It's definitely less of a mental strain to have someone to split your rent, council tax, food bills etc with though. Agree with the parental responsibility bit.

Reactions: 3
I beg to differ. My partner is not my sons dad. However, I am not a single parent any longer. I have a gentleman in my house, splitting rent, bills and breaking bread. Who offers support 24/7 under the same roof. Therefore, I am not a single parent.

Reactions: 4
Before we had our own children, I lived with my partner and his daughter for three years. He definitely wasn't a single parent during that period! 50:50 all the way down the middle.

• Heart
I beg to differ. My partner is not my sons dad. However, I am not a single parent any longer. I have a gentleman in my house, splitting rent, bills and breaking bread. Who offers support 24/7 under the same roof. Therefore, I am not a single parent.
We don’t agree, that was clear from the outset.

Puts a heart over the kids face but literally 4 posts back is showing his face in an ad. It’s all well and good shouting about his privacy but it’s just hypocritical to then use his face in ads.

Reactions: 2
I’m with you all. Genuinely used to like her. I found her a tad “I’m cool you’re not” for my liking but I’m wildly uncool so it was probably my own insecurities 😂 I respect the work she put into her business and brand in fact I wish I had the savvy for it all tbh. Her boy seems adorable as well. She just seemed so much more down to earth and a bit fun for a mum account.
but the claiming to be poor Vs her lifestyle always baffled me. The moving to London because she needed to be near the dad for school then later on claiming it was only ever for a year baffled me. why would it only be for a year? Why after Year R does he suddenly not need to be near his dad when he needed to before? Just say “you know what? We tried it, doesn’t work for us.” Or even “I met (insert boyfriends name here) just as I moved to London and over the year we realised we want to settle down and build a life and this move will give us a better life style than we could have in London”. Own your choices rather than acting like your followers are idiotic for wondering why you’re doing it. I would get annoyed if followers were constantly messaging me asking me why I’m making the choices I make but I also don’t get paid by mine nor do I post stuff like that.
I also just feel like she’s constantly looking for issues she can be just a little controversial about so she can tell us how unbothered she is by our opinion. You know all of us who dilute her ad revenue or whatever the hell she was trying to say.
I did wonder if she is trying to push her followers to unfollow so she can be a different kind of account with a different kind of follower as she sensed people are a little over instamum. She’s seems to have a talented business brain so now that it’s a very diluted mum clothes market and insta is full of not just perfect families I wouldn’t be shocked if that business kind of goes in the back burner and she has a different plan in mind. And all power to her if she does. However even if she was selling a tree that actually grew real money I would be very reluctant to line the pockets of someone who has patronised and spoken down to their followers/customers in the way she has done. Like it or not the story about people diluting engagement could have really made some vulnerable people feel very guilty they cannot buy the stuff she advertises. If people can just ignore ads they don’t want to see she can just ignore messages moaning about her ads just as easily.
Well this was long sorry. Hopefully it’s not coming across as too catty.

Reactions: 10
I’m with you all. Genuinely used to like her. I found her a tad “I’m cool you’re not” for my liking but I’m wildly uncool so it was probably my own insecurities 😂 I respect the work she put into her business and brand in fact I wish I had the savvy for it all tbh. Her boy seems adorable as well. She just seemed so much more down to earth and a bit fun for a mum account.
but the claiming to be poor Vs her lifestyle always baffled me. The moving to London because she needed to be near the dad for school then later on claiming it was only ever for a year baffled me. why would it only be for a year? Why after Year R does he suddenly not need to be near his dad when he needed to before? Just say “you know what? We tried it, doesn’t work for us.” Or even “I met (insert boyfriends name here) just as I moved to London and over the year we realised we want to settle down and build a life and this move will give us a better life style than we could have in London”. Own your choices rather than acting like your followers are idiotic for wondering why you’re doing it. I would get annoyed if followers were constantly messaging me asking me why I’m making the choices I make but I also don’t get paid by mine nor do I post stuff like that.
I also just feel like she’s constantly looking for issues she can be just a little controversial about so she can tell us how unbothered she is by our opinion. You know all of us who dilute her ad revenue or whatever the hell she was trying to say.
I did wonder if she is trying to push her followers to unfollow so she can be a different kind of account with a different kind of follower as she sensed people are a little over instamum. She’s seems to have a talented business brain so now that it’s a very diluted mum clothes market and insta is full of not just perfect families I wouldn’t be shocked if that business kind of goes in the back burner and she has a different plan in mind. And all power to her if she does. However even if she was selling a tree that actually grew real money I would be very reluctant to line the pockets of someone who has patronised and spoken down to their followers/customers in the way she has done. Like it or not the story about people diluting engagement could have really made some vulnerable people feel very guilty they cannot buy the stuff she advertises. If people can just ignore ads they don’t want to see she can just ignore messages moaning about her ads just as easily.
Well this was long sorry. Hopefully it’s not coming across as too catty.
Not catty at all!! You’ve summed it up nicely 👌🏼 Once the kids get older I think we all outgrow that stage where we want to proclaim our ‘mama’ status 🤷🏼‍♀️ You’re so right with your comment about her taking down to her followers. What a cheek for her to do so. Really bratty IMO.

A child is not biologically the other persons but that doesn’t mean they are no more a parent than the other. My partner is not my sons biological dad BUT he’s present. So living under the same roof as us, paying half the rent, half the food bills, half of time & everything else STILL means I’m a single parent? I best rush off and tell me boyfriend cos he’ll be thrilled that I’m to consider myself a single mum? Bizarre.

Just caught up with her insta page as she has opened it back up to the public, wow big old digs at the trolls 👋 I totally don’t get why his first year at school needed to be near his dad and now it’s done, they can move 😳 Plus he actually only did half a school year due to Covid.

Oh my word I am done. I have unfollowed. She’s now moaning that people are commenting that she’s sitting on her coat on the sand. Well that ‘skint mum’ is using a Stella McCartney coat as a blanket. I don’t want to hear it anymore.
I think someone here hit the nail on the head, hundred percent trying to alienate a certain follower to move in to that ‘lifestyle influencer’ space rather than the ‘insta mum’.
Yes you may have got it in the sale but you still paid £1700 for that coat.

Attachments

• Wow
Who’s complaining though? Two jokey comments on the post, but nothing else. Oh wait, let me guess. HUNDREDS of DMs. It’s always HUNDREDS of DMs. Hmm.

• Haha
Oh my word I am done. I have unfollowed. She’s now moaning that people are commenting that she’s sitting on her coat on the sand. Well that ‘skint mum’ is using a Stella McCartney coat as a blanket. I don’t want to hear it anymore.
I think someone here hit the nail on the head, hundred percent trying to alienate a certain follower to move in to that ‘lifestyle influencer’ space rather than the ‘insta mum’.
Oh my God I can't believe that's how much it cost! When she mentioned the sale I just assumed it was, you know, an actual bargain.

I totally believe in spending your money on what you like if you can afford it. Just don't expect me to care next week when you do stories on how skint you are.

How entitled does she sound in that video?
I’ve bought myself designer stuff but never would I buy a coat for £1700 or near enough.

She showed her real self in that video in the car, ‘don’t tell me how to wear my clothes’
Well don’t shove your cheap ass merch down our necks because you once worked in greggs 6 years ago and you expect us idiots to buy your crap to fund your self entitled life 🖕🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I bought a car for £1300! I saved up to get it and I’m still driving it 7 years later. I can’t imagine in my wildest spending that on a coat. Don’t forget, she’s self made and comes from a Council house so automatically gives her the right to give advice on how to live.
Selling overpriced, cheap T-shirt’s seems to be the way forward. Who is actually buying this stuff?
Be nice to people on the way up cos you’ll meet them again on the way down.

I don’t care what she spends her money on but I hate that she kicks off at people who obviously have good intentions. People feel invested in her or they wouldn’t be sending her messages about caring for her new coat. She reminds me of those spoilt brat girls who go off at people at the drop of a hat. She totally lacks manners and courtesy. Kicking off for content. So mardy.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.