Mental health

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just want to say to you all if you find yourself spiralling, the Samaritans can be a short term immediate fix..you don’t have to ring them either, you can email or text too ❤ I’ve found them really good and I’ve rang and emailed before x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
anyone struggling with insomnia or terrible sleeping patterns? I’m up all night most night until about 7am when I eventually fall asleep. Sit up most of the night on my phone scrolling tiktok or Twitter. then huge waves of sadness, crying, depression etc etc. I just don’t see the point in being awake in the day does anyone else feel the same

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I’ve suffered MH for years and covid isn’t helping. Sending huge hugs to all and to say that if you are desperate and need someone please message me. I’ve been there and it’s tit 🧡

• Heart
Reactions: 1
anyone else really struggling at the moment? the 4 week lockdown was already horrendous and now im in a tier 3 area which is just as bad. i don't think ive ever felt this low in my life honestly

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Don’t
My mental health is at an all time low again. Sat here crying as I type this. Im over this whole covid crap. I want life back to normal, I want to see my friends, my god children ect. I want to go to the zoo, the theatre and I just dont know if itll ever happen again.

In tired of just existing at the moment, Im on the highest dose possible for my anxiety medication so I doubt the doctor will do anything if I contact them.

Im scared of feeling like this 😩.
feel like that. I think everyone is in the same canoe at the moment, not everyone is in the same storm. Things will get back to normal, but it will take time. I look at it this way.. we’re not still suffering the effects of the plague from 100’s of years ago. Life is more advanced then it has ever been. We know how to deal with pendemics, we know about hygiene etc etc. It’s just a temporary phase. Take it for what it is for the moment (if you can) everyone and everything is up on the air. I have a nephew that was born in March who lives abroad that I’ve seen once and that’s my only family, we all miss people. but we’re luckier most have been previously with internet, FaceTime etc. It’s just temporary hun and it will pass. My motto, for the moment is “it is what it is”. Chin up. Most people are feeling fed up at the minute xx

My mental health has really crashed. Haven’t been able to get out of bed today. Keep crying. Feel anxious and scared for the future. Grieving deeply for my mum as it approaches her birthday and anniversary of her death. Having nothing to look forward too is really not helping and not able to be out and about as much as I used to to keep me distracted. I’ve lost control of my eating and now feeling so exhausted I’m struggling to exercise. Ugh! Really trying to pull myself out of it 😩
It’s the most horrible thing losing your mum. I lost mine too and it took me a year (that I don’t remember any of) to feel slightly human. Please make sure that you give yourself time to grieve as everything you feel is completely normal and there’s no time limit for it to end. It’s one of those horrible things that you learn to live with and that will take time. Give yourself that time and acknowledge that you are grieving and it hurts. No one wants to feel it because it’s so painful, but it’s ok not to be ok. When you feel down, feel down, when you feel ok, just go with it. It’s all about time and taking the time to let yourself feel what you feel when you feel it. It doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with you. It’s normal to feel heartbroken after a huge loss. It does get better I promise. You’re definitely not alone x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
I'm also feeling depressed, some days more than others, and some days I am feeling normal. Meditation used to work for me, but not anymore. I try to walk more and I try baking, it helps me a little bit to not think and worry. It's a difficult year for us all. I hate Covid-19. I mostly can't concentrate. Does someone have any tips?

Last edited:
I'm feeling the same. I've never felt so miserable in my life! I've had MH issues for years but this year they have been off the scale.
I've barely smiled all weekend, have no motivation, I feel like everything I'm doing is wrong and everything I'm working towards is a waste or time and I won't be taken seriously. I feel like crying all the time.

Covid can suck my fat farting arse!!

I'm feeling the same. I've never felt so miserable in my life! I've had MH issues for years but this year they have been off the scale.
I've barely smiled all weekend, have no motivation, I feel like everything I'm doing is wrong and everything I'm working towards is a waste or time and I won't be taken seriously. I feel like crying all the time.

Covid can suck my fat farting arse!!
urgh literally same. everything feels like a waste of time and energy. there is no light at the end of the tunnel to look forward to at the moment either. christmas is going to be awful

it's going to be a really bumpy road but at least everyone is in the same boat i guess. idk if that makes anyone feel better or not though 😅

My mental health has been terrible throughout lockdown. I have a long history of depression and anxiety and am generally able to keep on top of it, but lately I’ll swing between blowing my top at my husband and children, or just breaking down in tears while I’m on my own out of sheer guilt and sadness. I just feel so alone in my thoughts and frustrated with life at the moment. I can hold it together enough at work because it gives me something even more crazy and stressful to focus my attentions on (care home) but at home I’m so unhappy. I’ve had times when I’ve daydreamed about running away because I’m so fed up and I feel that they deserve better than me. I’m trying to make this Christmas special for them after a crappy year, I’ve been working a lot of overtime too since we are a one income household due to C, but l just feel so hollow inside. It doesn’t take much to set me off these days either. I just wish I had an escape from everything Covid, it’s suffocating and exhausting. I know we all do right now. :/

• Heart
Don’t

feel like that. I think everyone is in the same canoe at the moment, not everyone is in the same storm. Things will get back to normal, but it will take time. I look at it this way.. we’re not still suffering the effects of the plague from 100’s of years ago. Life is more advanced then it has ever been. We know how to deal with pendemics, we know about hygiene etc etc. It’s just a temporary phase. Take it for what it is for the moment (if you can) everyone and everything is up on the air. I have a nephew that was born in March who lives abroad that I’ve seen once and that’s my only family, we all miss people. but we’re luckier most have been previously with internet, FaceTime etc. It’s just temporary hun and it will pass. My motto, for the moment is “it is what it is”. Chin up. Most people are feeling fed up at the minute xx

It’s the most horrible thing losing your mum. I lost mine too and it took me a year (that I don’t remember any of) to feel slightly human. Please make sure that you give yourself time to grieve as everything you feel is completely normal and there’s no time limit for it to end. It’s one of those horrible things that you learn to live with and that will take time. Give yourself that time and acknowledge that you are grieving and it hurts. No one wants to feel it because it’s so painful, but it’s ok not to be ok. When you feel down, feel down, when you feel ok, just go with it. It’s all about time and taking the time to let yourself feel what you feel when you feel it. It doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with you. It’s normal to feel heartbroken after a huge loss. It does get better I promise. You’re definitely not alone x
Thank you 💖 you sound like someone who’s got their head on straight and talks a lot of sense! Xx

Thank you 💖 you sound like someone who’s got their head on straight and talks a lot of sense! Xx
Lots of love to you. I’ve been through the mill a few times. Came out the other end though as will we all x

• Heart
I haven’t slept in 36 hours anyone else struggle with sleep I’m so tired but my brain won’t stop

• Sad
  • Heart
I haven’t slept in 36 hours anyone else struggle with sleep I’m so tired but my brain won’t stop
Hope you’re feeling a bit better now? Not being able to sleep is one of the worst things for impacting mental health (imo) Years ago when I was really stressed with work, I couldn’t sleep which meant I couldn’t function well at work causing the work to backlog, causing me more stress leading to more insomnia and thus the horrific cycle continued.

What helped me was reaching breaking point, talking to my family and then going to my GP and having a break. I didn’t realise how dark and towards harming myself my mind had gotten. I was signed off work (first time ever- I felt like a “failure”) that 6/7 weeks off was the best thing I ever did. Doctor also prescribed me a very low dose of amitriptylene to help me sleep which worked wonders. No longer on medication and haven’t been off work again. I now know my limits work stress wise and refuse to go back to that place/pressure.

It is a really worrying time for people’s mental health at the moment. If anyone is feeling low or hopeless please don’t suffer alone; reach out to a family member, a friend or Samaritans.

Up until Covid kicked in last March my only real issues in terms of my MH was my drinking and suffering from SAD. Other than that I am generally quite a positive-minded person, believing that a glass is always half full rather than half empty

But this year has been a complete mindfuck - not just for me, but for millions out there suffering uncertainty and despair with this pandemic lingering on and on into next year and perhaps even into 2022 if you believed some experts.

In fact listening to the news is probably the biggest catalyst for my current decline into a depressive/negative state. You just don't know what to believe either from the politicians, the scientists or the news media itself. They all seem to have an agenda to scare the hell out of people, or at least that's my perception anyway.

And inevitably, this just leads me to drink more; and now that we're in the middle of winter almost, SAD has kicked in, which just adds to my woes.

That said, I have never reached that point where I want to end it all; which regrettably so many other people have faced and ultimately actioned. And I still have my work, and my friends to keep me in check. But it really is hard work sometimes.

One highlight for me is 21st December - the shortest day of the year, and the point at which the days will finally get longer and warmer.

Sometimes you just have to cling on to whatever bits of good news you can to get you through the darkness

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Starting the new year with my mental health the lowest its been in a long time. Yesterday was a really bad day and needed the help of the crisis team. I usually love the new year and the feeling of a fresh start and trying to better myself but today I feel like I don’t deserve anything good. I know in time these feelings will ease but it’s so hard when you’re in them 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Starting the new year with my mental health the lowest its been in a long time. Yesterday was a really bad day and needed the help of the crisis team. I usually love the new year and the feeling of a fresh start and trying to better myself but today I feel like I don’t deserve anything good. I know in time these feelings will ease but it’s so hard when you’re in them 😔
so sorry to hear this I am in similar position. This time last year I had to be under care of the crisis team so I understand how you feel. I hope they were able to help you in some way.

• Heart
so sorry to hear this I am in similar position. This time last year I had to be under care of the crisis team so I understand how you feel. I hope they were able to help you in some way.
Thank you, did you find this year easier? I hope you’re doing well now. I’m not very good at ringing them when I need help but I was in a really bad place yesterday, they talked to me long enough that I wore myself out to the point I wasn’t going to do anything that I could regret and prescribed some more diazepam. I’ve cried for huge parts of today and felt some distress but nothing like yesterday, I’ve not taken any medication today but I feel fairly sedate this evening just from crying and wearing myself out so much. I’m calmer, it’s coming in waves now but Im hoping the worst feelings have passed.

• Heart
Maytree are still offering email and telephone support to anyone feeling suicidal.

I have never ever heard of this, just taken a look at their website. Wow I didn’t know something like this existed, my husband and I have been looking for some charities to support this year and I am going to add this one. What an incredible service they provide 🌈

• Heart
I have never ever heard of this, just taken a look at their website. Wow I didn’t know something like this existed, my husband and I have been looking for some charities to support this year and I am going to add this one. What an incredible service they provide 🌈
I've also been in suicidal crises a lot so know how bad it can get. It really is an awful head space to be in.

Sometimes you have to forget about tomorrow and take it 5 mins at a time. Can you just relax in bed with a movie? Do you have a therapist you can contact? Or a list of other friends to talk too as well?