Mental health

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How’s everyone doing? I’m not much better than when I last posted here BUT today I’m grateful for the fact I live by the sea. I’m sitting on the beach right now with some music playing in my own world forgetting my problems just for a little while.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My mental health has really crashed. Haven’t been able to get out of bed today. Keep crying. Feel anxious and scared for the future. Grieving deeply for my mum as it approaches her birthday and anniversary of her death. Having nothing to look forward too is really not helping and not able to be out and about as much as I used to to keep me distracted. I’ve lost control of my eating and now feeling so exhausted I’m struggling to exercise. Ugh! Really trying to pull myself out of it 😩

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
My mental health has really crashed. Haven’t been able to get out of bed today. Keep crying. Feel anxious and scared for the future. Grieving deeply for my mum as it approaches her birthday and anniversary of her death. Having nothing to look forward too is really not helping and not able to be out and about as much as I used to to keep me distracted. I’ve lost control of my eating and now feeling so exhausted I’m struggling to exercise. Ugh! Really trying to pull myself out of it 😩
Oh lovely. Tackle one thing at a time. Thinking of you with your mum x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Im still struggling. Today ive hit a new low, cant stop crying. I actually tried to self harm last night. Im embarrassed and ashamed by that. I didnt cause any serious damage thankfully.
Im waiting for the doctor to ring me back but not sure there is alot they can do.

• Sad
Im still struggling. Today ive hit a new low, cant stop crying. I actually tried to self harm last night. Im embarrassed and ashamed by that. I didnt cause any serious damage thankfully.
Im waiting for the doctor to ring me back but not sure there is alot they can do.
I’m really sorry to hear that. Has anything triggered it or is it just general low feelings? You don’t need to be embarrassed or ashamed but I do understand the feelings, I have been there many times, this year included. Go gentle on yourself. Is the Dr supposed to call you today? X

Reactions: 1
I’m really sorry to hear that. Has anything triggered it or is it just general low feelings? You don’t need to be embarrassed or ashamed but I do understand the feelings, I have been there many times, this year included. Go gentle on yourself. Is the Dr supposed to call you today? X
I think the whole 2nd lockdown is the trigger. I rang the doctors earlier just in a cry for help basically. Dealt with a rude receptionist who said someone would call me back, but as they shut at half 6 im not holding out a lot of hope

• Sad
I think the whole 2nd lockdown is the trigger. I rang the doctors earlier just in a cry for help basically. Dealt with a rude receptionist who said someone would call me back, but as they shut at half 6 im not holding out a lot of hope
I hope someone calls you back tomorrow. How are you feeling at the moment do you feel any calmer? Are you alone and is there anyone you can talk to? I’m happy to message if you would like. I do know how you are feeling. This whole 2nd lockdown is awful and I know it’s hard for so many people. Please don’t ever feel like you should be embarrassed about anything to do with your mental health it’s not something we can help xx

I hope someone calls you back tomorrow. How are you feeling at the moment do you feel any calmer? Are you alone and is there anyone you can talk to? I’m happy to message if you would like. I do know how you are feeling. This whole 2nd lockdown is awful and I know it’s hard for so many people. Please don’t ever feel like you should be embarrassed about anything to do with your mental health it’s not something we can help xx
Nope noone got back to me. Im not suprised. I dont know if its my area or what but mental health isnt important here it seems.
Im still feeling pretty rubbish to be honest. 😩

• Sad
Nope noone got back to me. Im not suprised. I dont know if its my area or what but mental health isnt important here it seems.
Im still feeling pretty rubbish to be honest. 😩
That’s really disappointing but don’t feel scared to ring them back tomorrow if you still feel that you want to see or speak to the Dr. It seems like it’s a job requirement for the receptionists to be rude sometimes 😬 but they have no right and don’t take it personally. Is there anything you can do this evening to keep yourself distracted or to give yourself some comfort that isn’t harmful?

That’s really disappointing but don’t feel scared to ring them back tomorrow if you still feel that you want to see or speak to the Dr. It seems like it’s a job requirement for the receptionists to be rude sometimes 😬 but they have no right and don’t take it personally. Is there anything you can do this evening to keep yourself distracted or to give yourself some comfort that isn’t harmful?
Ive been doing some crafting which helps. Been making Christmas decorations.
Thank you for talking to me, you dont know how much its helped 😘

• Heart
Ive been doing some crafting which helps. Been making Christmas decorations.
Thank you for talking to me, you dont know how much its helped 😘
What did you make? I’m terrible at anything arts and crafty, toddlers would do better than me. I actually almost glued my finger to my face once when making something and I did glue the remote control to the bed😄
I’m more than happy to talk any time. I’m not very good with words sometimes but I have been where you are and I do care xx

• Heart
I’m really really struggling too. You guys aren’t alone I promise I know how you feel it’s tough

• Sad
  • Heart
I’m really really struggling too. You guys aren’t alone I promise I know how you feel it’s tough
It’s not that we would ever wish it on anyone but there’s a lot of comfort in knowing that we are not alone. I hope you can find some ways to soothe yourself. I like distractions, old tv shows, YouTube videos of rain or people walking around different cities, really really deep breaths...different things comfort me on different days. I hope you have some things you can turn to xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
What did you make? I’m terrible at anything arts and crafty, toddlers would do better than me. I actually almost glued my finger to my face once when making something and I did glue the remote control to the bed😄
I’m more than happy to talk any time. I’m not very good with words sometimes but I have been where you are and I do care xx
Im rubbish at craft too but with a glue gun I seem to be actually semi-good. Been making wreaths today

Im rubbish at craft too but with a glue gun I seem to be actually semi-good. Been making wreaths today
It’s really nice to have something like that you can do, I imagine it can be quite meditative and you can lose yourself in it. I think I need to find something like that, I’m far too easily distracted and have no attention span. I bet the wreaths look lovely xx

• Heart
Mental health still wont see me, even though the doctors have asked them 4 times too. Given me another medication to try. Just feel like ive been dumped on a scrap heap. You always here 'please ask for help' well I have and Im not getting it.
Maybe if I turned to drink or drugs they may eventually help me or if I tried to end it. Surely though we shouldnt be allowing it to get that far?

• Sad
Mental health still wont see me, even though the doctors have asked them 4 times too. Given me another medication to try. Just feel like ive been dumped on a scrap heap. You always here 'please ask for help' well I have and Im not getting it.
Maybe if I turned to drink or drugs they may eventually help me or if I tried to end it. Surely though we shouldnt be allowing it to get that far?
Sadly early intervention isnt focused on enough. I battled for years to be taken seriously about my MH. Please keep fighting. Refer yourself to the services, keep pushing your GP, try charities as well. Someone will listen. I was seen and discharged at first assesment so many times until a social worker fought to keep me on her books. Keep trying x

• Heart
I’ve been in bed all day due to my depression. I got up this morning and I just thought nope, I can’t. Had depression all throughout my teenage years and I’m in my late-twenties now. It’s always there. Spent today sleeping on and off, crying, worrying, feel numb. It has got worse this year due to the lockdown situations and going through a break-up.

I hope everyone is OK x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Sending you hugs, @YorkshireFox. You know what? You got through the day. The day is over. Sometimes that’s all we can do and sometimes it’s a bloody big achievement. So don’t discount it. This year is just too much, I know so many of us are feeling it in various ways. And to add a break up in is just too painful for words. I feel you. I really do.

This has helped me in some dark times:https://youfeellikeshit.com/ and I also find that timers generally really help. At the moment the only way I get work done is to set a timer for 20 mins and work for that time and then have a break. And repeat. Maybe you could try timers tomorrow - 20 mins of tidying in your house, 20 mins walk, 20 mins TV etc. I don’t know, it might not help but just wanted to share.

I hope you / we all get a good night’s sleep tonight. 💕

• Heart