Mental health

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My mental health is at an all time low again. Sat here crying as I type this. Im over this whole covid crap. I want life back to normal, I want to see my friends, my god children ect. I want to go to the zoo, the theatre and I just dont know if itll ever happen again.

In tired of just existing at the moment, Im on the highest dose possible for my anxiety medication so I doubt the doctor will do anything if I contact them.

Im scared of feeling like this šŸ˜©.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
please do call them.

I have a few MH issues and lockdown has compounded them. So many are feeling the effects too. As am I. I havent found a way to get through painlessly. I am eating and drinking badly, im gaining weight, my body is sore, i have awful mum guilt.. its hard.

No advice, but full sympathies

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Me too, I've had 3 huge negative life events happen in the last 2 months and I'm rock bottom now, barely eating, just existing and lonely and upset.

Do contact your doctor, there might be something else they can suggest. Also mental health support charities might be able help?.. Mind / Samiritans etc. I've found talking online to people to be a bit of a help. Also you are allowed to meet another person so you could maybe plan a walk with a friend outside each day?

If you truly feel you can't cope being on your own any longer maybe you could disclose to a family member or friend how you're feeling and move in with them until you start to feel a bit better?

Sending my love and thoughts

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Sending you a big hug.
I cried to my therapist about how much I want to go out for dinner the other week. Youā€™re not alone.
I found myself saying ā€œI know itā€™s stupid but I really want to..ā€ go x or see y. And she stopped me and said that it isnā€™t stupid- weā€™ve had so much taken away from us.
How you feel is valid and exhausting but we will be able to do these things again. When I get a build up of anxiety I like to go out for a walk and listen to some really rage-y rock music. Is there anything similar that helps you unwind?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Sorry that this is happening to you. Itā€™s an awful time and life has changed in ways I think a lot of us hadnā€™t thought possible and so much has been taken away from us.
I have MH problems and on the days where I feel like Iā€™m just existing, it takes me back to my worst times which is scary.
When you feel able to, it may be worth trying the doctors again. Look for any online support. feel free to send me a message on here if you want to talk more.
If you are able to get out for a walk, I find that really does help.
Sending love ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My mental health is at an all time low again. Sat here crying as I type this. Im over this whole covid crap. I want life back to normal, I want to see my friends, my god children ect. I want to go to the zoo, the theatre and I just dont know if itll ever happen again.

In tired of just existing at the moment, Im on the highest dose possible for my anxiety medication so I doubt the doctor will do anything if I contact them.

It will happen again.
itā€™s hard now but it will get better

sorry to hear your so low please reach out to someone if you can but please know it will get better.

phone your doctor thatā€™s what they are there for you arenā€™t wasting any ones time

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I feel the same! I was already depressed before all this so lockdown has only magnified it and is causing me huge problems. Never in our lives have we been told where we can and canā€™t go, never has the entire country closed down like this, itā€™s a huge shock and change for us all! I feel desperately angry, but who can I be angry at? A bloody virus?? Itā€™s ridiculous. But I agree I want my life back. I want to go out when I want, go to the shops, get on a train, stay in a hotel. Itā€™s utterly soul destroying. I feel lost. I donā€™t think many of us can continue like this for much longer. Itā€™s getting to the point where I think oh duck it, just reopen everything and letā€™s get on with it. I know thatā€™s selfish but Iā€™m just saying how I feel right now.

• Heart
Sending love to everyone ā¤ Itā€™s such a difficult time. Please reach out to people, donā€™t suffer in silence. Sometimes just a conversation can lift your spirits. My mental health is up and down like a yo-yo. If anyone wants/needs a chat, my inbox on here is always open ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Please do contact your doctor. I know you say you're on the highest possible dose of your anxiety medication, but if it's not working for you anymore, they may be able to change it to something else.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I hope everyone is getting the support they need.
I struggled with my mental health after dv.
I bottled up so much for so long and didnt talk about it or tell anyone what was going on.
The hardest part for me was admitting the truth and feeling like I would never be happy or loved. I lived a lie for so long.
I held on to a lot of the negative comments my ex made.
Writing my feelings down and talking to people helped me.
I also had counselling and CBT. I know my insecurities etc will never fully go away but I cant let my past define my future.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yes also sending love to everyone. You are not alone. Just reach out if you need to talk x

• Heart
Howā€™s everyone doing? Iā€™m not in a good place right now really. Nothing to do with lockdown
I just feel utterly worthless. Iā€™ve failed in every aspect of my life. Does anyone else feel like a complete embarrassment? Gosh when I was a kid I never expected to find myself here. You have all those dreams as a child and one by one they all just fall apart.
Sorry if thatā€™s a bit heavy.
I hope you guys are doing okay

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Howā€™s everyone doing? Iā€™m not in a good place right now really. Nothing to do with lockdown
I just feel utterly worthless. Iā€™ve failed in every aspect of my life. Does anyone else feel like a complete embarrassment? Gosh when I was a kid I never expected to find myself here. You have all those dreams as a child and one by one they all just fall apart.
Oh hrh, do you want to talk? X

Reactions: 1
Is there a trigger to why you feel so worthless?
I used to think that you imagine when your a child you will have that fairy tale happy life.
Have you spoke to anyone else about how you feel?
I have done cbt and counselling after dv.
I do still have days when I feel like why me? But I try and think of the positives in life.
I hope your ok!

Reactions: 2
Hello. How are you feeling today? I understand that feeling well - do you want to talk about it? Also here if you need me x

im in the same place x

Whats success and failure anyway? just take each day at a time and try to concentrate on yourself and being healthy. That helped me. Also you can always get another job, relationship,friend/s whatever it is you feel you have failed at. Nothing is set in stone.

• Heart
Whats success and failure anyway? just take each day at a time and try to concentrate on yourself and being healthy. That helped me. Also you can always get another job, relationship,friend/s whatever it is you feel you have failed at. Nothing is set in stone.
I felt like I would never be happy after being made redundant, losing both my grandparents so suddenly and then finally admitting to being in an abusive relationship.
Some times life doesnt always go the way you planned. Life throws massive curveballs.
But to come out the other side of traumatic and difficult experiences shows how strong we can be.
My main goal having gone through the experiences I have is to help other people.

• Heart