Melanie Murphy #7 Phantom of the attic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God give me strength

I'm wheezing.

I haven't laughed this much in ages šŸ˜‚
So the book is based on her sister I wonder will the online music star that's in a relationship with both sisters be based on her ex aka the annoying orange šŸ¤”

• Haha
Reactions: 4
So the book is based on her sister I wonder will the online music star that's in a relationship with both sisters be based on her ex aka the annoying orange šŸ¤”
I wouldn't be too surprised if it was. She references him so often that I wonder if she feels marriage was a mistake. It's really not normal to bring up your exes that much. šŸ˜‚

Or

An amalgamation of every lad she's kissed, wronged her or dated for a week. I'm sure there will be plenty of references to exes seeing as she hasn't an original /creative idea and will literally just write about her life under the guise of fiction.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I wouldn't be too surprised if it was. She references him so often that I wonder if she feels marriage was a mistake. It's really not normal to bring up your exes that much. šŸ˜‚

Or

An amalgamation of every lad she's kissed, wronged her or dated for a week. I'm sure there will be plenty of references to exes seeing as she hasn't an original /creative idea and will literally just write about her life under the guise of fiction.
So we can basically gather what the whole book will be about from the first few lines of her post šŸ˜‚ she should've put ...SPOILER ALERT ....:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Guys, I haven't read the thread for a couple of months as I'm way too active on other threads but Melanie's latest reels keep being suggested to me on IG.
WHAT A BLOODY CRINGE FEST. I haven't felt such second hand embarrassment in years šŸ˜³

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Sheā€™s on a different planet this one! Hasnā€™t had much sleep so sheā€™s doing ā€˜nothing todayā€™. She doesnā€™t seem to appreciate what a damn luxury that is?!
She doesnā€™t have a house to run, other children to home school, alongside a baby to look after alone seeing as Thomas is home 24/7! Heck, some mothers are out to work too as well as doing the grocery shopping for older relatives at the moment etc etc. She does sweet FA except sit stewing in the attic playing mums and dads like an overgrown child.

Iā€™m a lurker usually but everyone has their tipping point and I guess I just found mine. Call me jealous, maybe I am, cos I sure as hell wonā€™t be sitting round on my pancake butt all day with my baby attached to my tit cos Iā€™m tired....

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Controversial opinion.

ā€œpeople say no screen time.... duck emā€

I donā€™t think this is said about a 4 month old baby, toddlers, 1yr olds yes.
a 4 month old baby really shouldnā€™t have ā€œscreen timeā€

heā€™s 4 months!!! Why does she need to be ā€œrelatableā€ on every single parenting issue.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Sheā€™s on a different planet this one! Hasnā€™t had much sleep so sheā€™s doing ā€˜nothing todayā€™. She doesnā€™t seem to appreciate what a damn luxury that is?!
She doesnā€™t have a house to run, other children to home school, alongside a baby to look after alone seeing as Thomas is home 24/7! Heck, some mothers are out to work too as well as doing the grocery shopping for older relatives at the moment etc etc. She does sweet FA except sit stewing in the attic playing mums and dads like an overgrown child.

Iā€™m a lurker usually but everyone has their tipping point and I guess I just found mine. Call me jealous, maybe I am, cos I sure as hell wonā€™t be sitting round on my pancake butt all day with my baby attached to my tit cos Iā€™m tired....
Couldn't agree more. She has it easier than the vast majority of parents on every single level. She has no idea what it's like to really do it tough in parenthood and it blows my mind she thinks she's capable of raising three kids. She can hardly handle the one she has .. despite having her husband home full time, in-laws under the same roof, no job to leave the house for etc. What a life!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Controversial opinion.

ā€œpeople say no screen time.... duck emā€

I donā€™t think this is said about a 4 month old baby, toddlers, 1yr olds yes.
a 4 month old baby really shouldnā€™t have ā€œscreen timeā€

heā€™s 4 months!!! Why does she need to be ā€œrelatableā€ on every single parenting issue.
not even going to lie Boss Baby has saved my sanity/kept my child occupied since he was about 4 months old. Means I could tit in peace šŸ˜‚ Iā€™d talk to my friends who have kids about it but it wasnt SM worthy. She needs parent friends.

Reactions: 5
21 pounds for a 4 month old? My cousin's child was 29 pounds when he was 2 and we thought that was huge, can't believe a child 20 months younger than that only weights 8 pounds less.

Reactions: 7
not even going to lie Boss Baby has saved my sanity/kept my child occupied since he was about 4 months old. Means I could tit in peace šŸ˜‚ Iā€™d talk to my friends who have kids about it but it wasnt SM worthy. She needs parent friends.
the child has two stay at home parents and 2 grandparents downstairs, plus an aunt.
She is not desperately looking for 5 min alone, she doesnā€™t need a distraction to grab a chance to go to the toilet.
4 months (when there are multiple other people around to entertain a baby) is far too young to be put in front of the tv.

No judgment to anyone who needs to do it, which I know makes no sense when Iā€™m clearly judging, but most donā€™t have the resources and support she has.

Btw @Chinese_whispers i fully back you in doing whatever you need to keep a baby occupied if you donā€™t have 3/4 adults at your disposal šŸ˜‚ i wasnā€™t judging you, but itā€™s like someone who shops at Waitrose talking about needing food banks for their familyā€™s meals with Mel šŸ˜

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Melanie talks about it so casually but if I walked past someone having one of her so-called "weepy walkies" I would be genuinely concerned for their wellbeing!

Reactions: 8
the child has two stay at home parents and 2 grandparents downstairs, plus an aunt.
She is not desperately looking for 5 min alone, she doesnā€™t need a distraction to grab a chance to go to the toilet.
4 months (when there are multiple other people around to entertain a baby) is far too young to be put in front of the tv.

No judgment to anyone who needs to do it, which I know makes no sense when Iā€™m clearly judging, but most donā€™t have the resources and support she has.

Btw @Chinese_whispers i fully back you in doing whatever you need to keep a baby occupied if you donā€™t have 3/4 adults at your disposal šŸ˜‚ i wasnā€™t judging you, but itā€™s like someone who shops at Waitrose talking about needing food banks for their familyā€™s meals with Mel šŸ˜
exactly itā€™s insulting to the in-laws, and people who genuinely havenā€™t time to go to the toilet. Sheā€™s so disingenuous. Also I highly doubt Thomas has put his back out heā€™s used to lifting a lot heavier in the gym and I thought she was all about the weights too šŸ™„

Reactions: 17

oh I know you werenā€™t judging me and tbh I wouldnā€™t give a tit if you were šŸ˜‚ sheā€™s pushing the single parent narrative so having screen time alone with her baby all day fits that while gladly ignoring to mention a house full of help. Iā€™d say sheā€™s a nightmare to live with. Iā€™m not living alone but my sons dad and I take turns in napping when Iā€™m home so screen time to help keep baby occupied/ contact nap time passer became essential. But if there were loads of us then that wouldnā€™t be the case. So Iā€™m back to my sheā€™s probably a nightmare to live with theory.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Sheā€™s even more insufferable as a mom!
Weepy walky is such a cringe term!
SHE WHINES ABOUT EVERYTHING!
People who donā€™t have kids, also have genuine issues in life and sometimes they also end up having to pull an all nighter and function on zero battery all day. Iā€™m sure she had nights like that before baby with some projects/brand deals/relationship problems/general anxiety etc. She just HAS to make everything about baby and how her life was fabulous before him. UNGRATEFUL to the T!

• Heart
Reactions: 22

This is what really grates on me when it comes to her more than anything. Not saying itā€™s not hard being a first time parent it is but sheā€™s way more help and support compared to most first time mums. Where Iā€™m from the dad gets 2 weeks paternity leave and then the mum is pretty much left to it on her own while the dad is out working 5 days a week, on top of a child to look after sheā€™s a house to keep on top of with house work, dinners to make etc, not to mention if she has to go back to work full time eventually. Melanie has her husband at home 24/7, lives with his parents in their house she has no other commitments apart from her child who she can be with 24/7 if she wants or needs a break sheā€™s plenty of people there to take him sheā€™s way more freedom than the average mum but sheā€™s gets on like sheā€™s really hard done by, irritates me

Reactions: 13
Why does she keep reminding people of how heavy he is didnā€™t they used to weightlift šŸ‹ļøā€ā™‚ļø At one stage šŸ™„
765E85D5-386E-4C3F-A6F2-C16D87FCBA00.jpg

Reactions: 11
Why does she keep reminding people of how heavy he is didnā€™t they used to weightlift šŸ‹ļøā€ā™‚ļø At one stage šŸ™„View attachment 416799
Thought that too šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ Shes gurning about being tired and doing nothing all day, sheā€™ll sit on social media all day šŸ™„šŸ™„ if anything drains you mentally when your tired itā€™s social media

Reactions: 10
This is what really grates on me when it comes to her more than anything. Not saying itā€™s not hard being a first time parent it is but sheā€™s way more help and support compared to most first time mums. Where Iā€™m from the dad gets 2 weeks paternity leave and then the mum is pretty much left to it on her own while the dad is out working 5 days a week, on top of a child to look after sheā€™s a house to keep on top of with house work, dinners to make etc, not to mention if she has to go back to work full time eventually. Melanie has her husband at home 24/7, lives with his parents in their house she has no other commitments apart from her child who she can be with 24/7 if she wants or needs a break sheā€™s plenty of people there to take him sheā€™s way more freedom than the average mum but sheā€™s gets on like sheā€™s really hard done by, irritates me
I fully believe her own dad is also visiting her as well, or visa versa, we all know restrictions donā€™t apply to her

• Angry
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.