Melanie Murphy #7 Phantom of the attic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I grew up in Australia where it would be incredibly rare for a child not to learn how to swim. I’ve never met anyone my age/Melanie’s age who can’t. Sure not everyone is swimming laps but it’s just such a vital survival tool.
I think some swimming is part of the National Curriculum for PE in the U.K. too right? Any ROI residents know if it is there as well?

Reactions: 7
Her Twitter is a hot mess right now.

She's being called out for comparing covid to car crashes &stating that frontliners are the cause of spread and that people are getting shamed for having covid??

More references to old people dying. There's too many screenshots to upload.

She's also got called out under her post asking people to continue to support Thomas.

Attachments

Reactions: 10
Couldn't watch the full video (I use a different app to not give views/no ads) as her constant weird hand gestures bug the tit out of me, it's like she's constantly grabbing at thin air??

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I am giving it a go right now. Will give a blow by blow.

It's very long and rambley. Feel free to skip this post. 56:21 minutes of Melanie video and this is what I have to show for it. FML.

TLDR: it's a dumpster fire of a video. Horrible jumps and editing. Nothing chilled about it or entertaining. Let alone informative. It's a haphazard collection of badly edited rambling.

Let's go:

"I had a covid wedding and a pandemic baby. My first baby"
The intro already pissed me off.

1:30 minute in and we get the second ad. Make that coin, I guess.
It's so scattered in the beginning. I hope it gets better. In terms of everything, the thought processes and editing etc.

Also, she doesn't put on a shirt or sweater to go for a walk in january. Only the cropped fabletics down jacket over a sports bra with leggings.
Every little thought is followed by a meme of some kind.
She goes through all she accomplished (honours degree, "bagging" an amazing life partner, losing 60 pounds, managing mental health issues and getting published) and plugs her new book.

Oh nice, she is talking about how horrible and common hair loss is in women when they have kids. How many women go bald, have to wear wigs and how awful it is and using pictures of post pregnancy hair loss in other women. Because that is great for women's mental health. Good job, Melanie. Not fear inducing at all. Especially since stress is also a reason people lose hair. Bang up job. Had to stop watching for a minute.

Ok, back to it.
She talks about goals for the year, month and day.
Her goals for the year are:

- get stronger and more fit
- finish the book
- be consistent with skincare
- haircare routine to help with hairloss
- have more sober/Covid friendly meeting with friends
- post YouTube video every 10 days
- being mindful in motherhood
- support Irish businesses

And then she does a list for the month.

Plan content
Write 3000 words a week
Go for daily walks
Strength train 3 times a week
Steam face weekly
Do skincare daily
Listen to audiobooks
1 hour quality time with Thomas each day (maybe she should just delete Twitter and she would have multiple hours with him if that's what she wants)
Time management
1 new recipe a week

Then it's on to daily goals.
Her goal of having a cold shower daily treats us to views of her topless in the shower, hands on tits and all.

She will have a check box for stuff like drinking water, taking a walk and pooping.
She's taking the piss. She can't be serious.

Side note, she doesn't refer back to these goals in most cases.

Out for a walk with her dad saying she's so productive since becoming a mom. She mentions that he is in her social bubble because he lives alone.

And then shower footage again. Lovely. Less tits this time.

In her snippets of what I assume is dinner she leaves us with another jewel.
"Another day in lockdown, another day of bleeping soup. Remember eating out?"

Don't blame Covid for your boring food. Cook nicer food, or, if that's impossible, order food in. That would accomplish the goal of supporting local businesses. And even without Covid, according to her, she wouldn't be able to go out for food because she is soooooooooooooo busy.

She talks about the wedding and how much money they lost. 8k up in the air and 5k that is lost forever. Cry me a river. So they will have a wedding to not lose it all. Sounds so special and nice. Imagine being invited to that after she made it clear that she doesn't even want to be there herself and only does it to not lose money.
March 2022 is the date. And that leads into how great her skin was before Covid and how she needs to get it back to that by her new wedding date. And then going on about her skin care. I dozed off.

We get treated to some prime workout footage. Some skin care stuff and how she wants to prevent wrinkles.
And then some more hair loss talk and how horrifying it is and how she is going to be a "baldy Sue". How she can feel the hair falling down her back all the time and then she goes into all the stuff she bought for her hair. Thomas's hair transplant video is coming btw, just waiting for regrowth to come in. Thomas talks about the process and Melanie just doesn't even listen, react or anything. She pretends he isn't there and plays with the baby interrupting everything he says.

Then they are off for a walk on the beach where she says she used to imagine her kids playing on the beach before she knew if she was even able to have them and now she's here. Manifestation stuff. And now she needs to get on the manifestation for getting their house because she's so good at it 🤮

She then talks about her grandma when she walks by her old house and how it's difficult to have lost her. She then says she's so sorry for people who lost their grandparents last year and how she isn't sure why she even thought about that just then and that it hit her.
Uhm what? This tit makes me so angry. Is that really the first time she stopped to reflect on the fact how many people lost loved ones last year and weren't able to say goodbye or hold their hand?
REALLY? The woman who constantly witches about lockdown and Covid restriction had it now occurr to her that Covid deaths were lonely ones? That it's tough to lose someone always but even more difficult when you don't get to say goodbye? It boils my blood.

I need to take a break.

Back at it.

Some footage at home in bathrobes with Thomas. Some stress and mediation talk, buttering some burnt toast. And how she helps her son to sit up and how she pulls him up to do that. 🤦🏼‍♀️
Then some talk on how she's so productive now.

Then some footage of them getting the photos for Thomas's fundraiser.
She says her taking 30 seconds cold showers is her contribution. Of course it is, Melanie. You are a hero. It's all about you.

Her son is an influencer because she gets sent skin care for him. And then some footage of her in the bath with him.
Snowy walk with her dad, a call with her friends and her making soup.
Yawn.

Talk about writing and how she is always improving and needs to take the project more seriously and how she needs to do it every day.
Vaccination day for the baby but at least she does do it (a plus in my opinion). She says she's nervous about it and also because some people there have had Covid. (Really? At a clinic? Shocker).
Then they have take away and watch a movie sitting on the floor. Some more footage about the fundraiser.
I must say although I'm not a huge Thomas fan, it's cute to see how motivated and happy he seems about it. He's so cheery when he talks about it.

That's it. Over.
She asks for feedback.
Mine is:
More structure and less ramble. Don't present goals at the beginning if then there's not a round up about how she did. Also, less tit footage in the shower, please.

That's me done.
Thank you for doing God's work 🙌

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I didn’t have access to a swimming pool as a child where I lived but I learned to swim against all odds when I was in my 20s. If I were born in a country like Ireland, I’d have definitely learnt swimming as a child. Melanie is so privileged, she has excuses for everything. I don’t want to shame teenagers who don’t spend their time in productive activities, but Melanie really spent her entire life fantasizing about boys/girls/masturbation/sex. And now as an adult, she has unrealistic expectations of life because she never ever explored it outside her own “disney” bubble. Sure, nothing wrong with that if thats her coping mechanism. But then a person like her puts herself on social media and starts to “influence” youngsters to be like her.. and then takes on a teaching role about REAL issues like Covid.. THATS DAMAGING and dangerous.
Thomas is such an enabler. He does seem smitten by her but I wonder at what point will he wake up to realize what Melanie really is. I don’t wish ill on Melanie but the way she’s currently going, her relationship with her child/future children will be strained.

Edit to add: When she and Jess were on speaking terms, she’d always explain her new book to be inspired by her own relationship with her sister (amongst many things) because they grew apart as children and reconnected later in life. I’m wondering how much it will impact her story now. Will she even give credit to Jessica, you know dedicated to my sister etc.. Because the way she talked about it in her latest video, she made it all about her own development as a person.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
This is my favourite thread on tattle. Everyone is hilarious and Mel is always up to some complete nonsense.

I cannot believe that someone in their 30s is so... self-unaware? She just gives us new stuff to rip the piss out of constantly. Tits out on YouTube. The sheer ignorant statements and how she pretends to give a monkeys about other people whilst blatantly only caring about Melanie's and Melanie's interests, whether Melanie is gonna have a wedding (even though she has already had one. She married someone. That's a wedding) Mammy Melanie. Waffles and takeaway dietician Melanie. Classical music and cinephile Melanie.

I've said this on Brogan Tate's thread recently but IMO people who believe in The Secret are low intelligence. No, she did not manifest Tobuscus. She moved to LA for some dick by herself, the universe didn't do that for her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I didn’t have access to a swimming pool as a child where I lived but I learned to swim against all odds when I was in my 20s. If I were born in a country like Ireland, I’d have definitely learnt swimming as a child. Melanie is so privileged, she has excuses for everything. I don’t want to shame teenagers who don’t spend their time in productive activities, but Melanie really spent her entire life fantasizing about boys/girls/masturbation/sex. And now as an adult, she has unrealistic expectations of life because she never ever explored it outside her own “disney” bubble. Sure, nothing wrong with that if thats her coping mechanism. But then a person like her puts herself on social media and starts to “influence” youngsters to be like her.. and then takes on a teaching role about REAL issues like Covid.. THATS DAMAGING and dangerous.
Thomas is such an enabler. He does seem smitten by her but I wonder at what point will he wake up to realize what Melanie really is. I don’t wish ill on Melanie but the way she’s currently going, her relationship with her child/future children will be strained.
She for sure lived in a Disney bubble. Nowadays I think she lives more in a dark corners of the web, Twitter troll bubble. Throwaway comments she makes about lots of issues or modern day attitudes and it's like... I'm from the same city as you and I literally don't know anyone that thinks like that. Seen it blasted across Twitter by troll accounts? Yes. But it's not real life. She doesn't get the difference. I don't think she has enough experience or knows enough people in the real world to get that. It's just so weird.

I will say though, I also don't know how to swim. Was never given lessons as a kid and all of a sudden you're a 30 year old woman doggy paddling in the kiddie pool. Embarrassing... but it happens lol.

Reactions: 11
I grew up in Australia where it would be incredibly rare for a child not to learn how to swim. I’ve never met anyone my age/Melanie’s age who can’t. Sure not everyone is swimming laps but it’s just such a vital survival tool.
I think some swimming is part of the National Curriculum for PE in the U.K. too right? Any ROI residents know if it is there as well?
Yes, I'm a teacher and swimming is part of the primary curriculum, I remember going to swimming lessons every week in third class and we all learned how to swim.

Reactions: 3
Screenshot_20210201-165935.jpg
But....he's in pretty much every part of the video....as I'm sure he will be going forward....I smell 💩

Reactions: 5
My anxiety when she was showing her skincare. She kept fidgeting and throwing the products around the place and the crazy hand movements.

Also, I think Thomas comes across as such a lovely guy. It really annoyed me when he was talking about his hair transplant and she kept screaming over him to the baby 🙄 shut up for a minute and let him speak

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Yes, I'm a teacher and swimming is part of the primary curriculum, I remember going to swimming lessons every week in third class and we all learned how to swim.
lol in my rural primary school you only got swimming lessons if your parents could afford the time and money to bring you in evenings/weekends (1990s!)

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I don’t know how to swim,
I don’t give a shiny flying feck who knows how to swim,
Why am I reading this on this thread 😂

can we go back to the Prat and Baldie in the hat? Please 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Couldn't watch the full video (I use a different app to not give views/no ads) as her constant weird hand gestures bug the tit out of me, it's like she's constantly grabbing at thin air??
It took me three tries and stopping in between as well. It's especially horrible in the beginning.
My anxiety when she was showing her skincare. She kept fidgeting and throwing the products around the place and the crazy hand movements.

Also, I think Thomas comes across as such a lovely guy. It really annoyed me when he was talking about his hair transplant and she kept screaming over him to the baby 🙄 shut up for a minute and let him speak
The skincare part was done so lazily. Throwing the products on the bathrobe and then gesturing wildly while talking about them is not helpful. At all.

Right? The Thomas part pissed me off so so much. She first goes on and on about her hair struggles, briefly mentions his transplant video. And when he starts to coherently explain why it's not posted yet and why they are waiting, she doesn't give a single duck and screams over him and literally pushes in front of him in the video.
Then she goes on to try and push into the frame when he talks about the charity, HAD to mention that she will donate 200€ (aren't they married and technically it's both their money?) and belittles it in the end of the video calling it "his little project".
What an absolute gem of a partner she is

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Her Twitter is a hot mess right now.

She's being called out for comparing covid to car crashes &stating that frontliners are the cause of spread and that people are getting shamed for having covid??

More references to old people dying. There's too many screenshots to upload.

She's also got called out under her post asking people to continue to support Thomas.
I hate that she only ever specifies the death of the elderly when talking about covid. A healthy 19 year old maintenence worker just died of covid from cleaning a retirement home in Ontario. In fact, one of the first covid deaths here was a man in his 40's working at a grocery store before masks were mandatory. (But masks don't work according to Mel) These aren't the only cases like this in my province, and our numbers are considered really good. If she's going to be anti-covid measures, she owes these people the respect of reading about them and acknowledging them.

Also, If I told my 8 year old nephew that cars crashes weren't contagious, he would be able to understand what that means. How did she get a degree in education without understanding what exponential growth is?

Last edited:
  • Heart
I hate that she only ever specifies the death of the elderly when talking about covid. A healthy 19 year old maintenence worker just died of covid from cleaning a retirement home in Ontario. In fact, one of the first covid deaths here was a man in his 40's working at a grocery store before masks were mandatory. (But masks don't work according to Mel) These aren't the only cases like this in my province, and our numbers are considered really good. If she's going to be anti-covid measures, she owes these people the respect of reading about them and acknowledging them.

Also, If I told my 8 year old nephew that cars crashes weren't contagious, he would be able to understand what that means. How did she get a degree in education without understand what exponential growth is?
I’m no expert but she really needs to just stop involving herself in conversations and spouting her opinion about it on Twitter/Instagram etc. Sick of all these social media ‘know it all experts’ spouting absolute shite online and they haven’t a clue what their talking about it’s embarrassing. So much misinformation being spread about because of people like her

• Heart
Not featuring her baby online 🤔 but tagging M&S must be looking for freebies for the monster pandemic baby 4 months in 12 months clothes :oops:
F4541836-FE71-45F8-8C63-4F82FA8695FA.jpeg
24E8E434-4AEB-4B6D-86FB-B10DCB7C1BB2.jpeg

• Sick
Reactions: 6
I don’t make comments about babies but I keep saying that.....

whilst also saying.... he. Is. Huge. 🤷‍♀️
did she have GD when she was pregnant? That can’t be right for a 4 month old

She was tested for that but it was negative,it still wouldn’t figure now at his age what will he not be like once she starts the spoon feeds

I was thinking the same but she’s never mentioned it from what I remember but he’s gained what 12/13 lbs in 4 months is that not a lot for a baby of his age? He looks a lot older for 4 months

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.