Melanie Murphy #6 liquid gold, now available at Tesco, may contain traces of waffle.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I've said this before on this very thread but there really is nothing more I hate than a crying selfie. No one who is that upset thinks to take a flippin photo of themselves.
💯💯💯💯💯❗
So weird, attention seeking and plain disgusting.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
More evidence of her lying behaviour when she says some of her pregnancy was horrific?! Did she not detail every aspect of it as ahhhhmazing...

As a side note her comments on breastfeeding really boil my blood too. Watched videos and ate oats... must be why I couldn’t do it! Or you know my baby had a tongue tie and struggle with the latch got jaundice and needed to be back in hospital 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 16
Jesus. Her latest video.

Sponsorship from a calorie counter app masquerading as "healthy eating" body positivity my butt.

She drones on about being happy in her post pregnancy body... while her thumbnail photo is photoshopped. There's nothing wrong with her body after pregnancy BUT clearly she's not happy with it.... she maintains she doesn't edit her body and shames other influencers for the same.

Where's the cop on? New year, same Melanie Muppet.

I see the sockpuppets swearing by the app too 👀

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
If you’re eating intuitively and it’s working SO WELL for you then what do you need a calorie counting app for? For an ad to be released on New Year’s Day. When people are starting diets. When people develop eating disorders and now can track everything they put in their mouth. When apps like this encourage disordered eating because it funds the diet industry and people feeling tit about themselves.

Not poo pooing these apps totally. They can help when under the guidance of a dietitian who can use the data to help your care plan. Otherwise they’re useless. As someone “recovering” from an eating disorder she should know this.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
While lifesum CAN work for some people (it has very much helped me control my portions and track my macros), she definitely shouldn't be recommending it to her audience. Some of them are extremely young and very susceptible to body confidence issues and bad relationships with food.

It's so irresponsible and I'm very disappointed in her. You have to pay for the premium features which makes it even worse. She preaches about the harmful effects of the whole 'bouncing back' after pregnacy and yet promotes an app like this. I didn't think she could get much worse

Reactions: 17
Melanie trying to defend her poor choice of sponsor by blaming her viewers for having bad relationships with calories counting apps... honestly this woman infuriates me. How can she not see that people are criticising her because through her endorsement of lifesum, she is potentially exposing vulnerable people to the pitfalls of calories counting apps (i.e. obsession over food, restrictive food rules, people under nourishing themselves etc.) It’s extremely naive of her to believe that just because she (allegedly) uses this app with no harm done, that other people will experience it in the same way.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
This woman 😡😡😡, actually calling her a woman is bringing us into disrepute at this stage.
She’s now gaslighting her own viewers? Bite the hand that feeds much? Track those calories in your consciousness. Nasty cow!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Melanie trying to defend her poor choice of sponsor by blaming her viewers for having bad relationships with calories counting apps... honestly this woman infuriates me. How can she not see that people are criticising her because through her endorsement of lifesum, she is potentially exposing vulnerable people to the pitfalls of calories counting apps (i.e. obsession over food, restrictive food rules, people under nourishing themselves etc.) It’s extremely naive of her to believe that just because she (allegedly) uses this app with no harm done, that other people will experience it in the same way.
"Do you think the feedback is related to the relationship you guys have with such apps", pretending not to understand how a calorie counting app that essentially punishes you for eating is extremely triggering for anyone with body image/ED issues.

On a side note I can't get over her ig stories of her 2020 memories..."The media was all over our wedding" (what??), the crying selfies, the acting like she's the only person to be affected by a global pandemic, acting like the year was particularly horrible for her despite getting married, having a baby, how masks and covid safety guidelines oppress her, etc etc.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I can't believe anyone with a "history of disordered eating" would even consider promoting a calorie counting app!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 28
"Losing weight in and of itself isn't a cause of disordered eating"; you're completely misinformed and ignorant on that one, Melanie. Research from the National Eating Disorders Association concludes indisputably that dieting for the purpose of weight loss is a risk factor for the development of eating disorders. According to NEDA, those who engage in moderate dieting are 5x more likely to develop an eating disorder and those who engage in dieting for weight loss are 18x more likely to develop an eating disorder. She's a bleeping dangerous, selfish cretin to be perpetuating this wild and vicious shite.

"But we are all adults so I expect people to take responsibility for themselves"... except, a quick glance at your Instagram comments would demonstrate that a large portion of your viewers and supporters and naïve and impressionable teenagers?? You stupid, dangerous, narcissistic witch. May 2021 be the year that this parasite is de-platformed.

Attachments

• Heart
This. This is exactly why I hate the fact that lifestyle influencers build content around health, fitness and diet which they’re NOT qualified for. Its so dangerous!!!! I can’t imagine the impact of this comment on some vulnerable teenager watching! Can we report her or something? I wish we can. I am sorry but I really really want to damage her business this time as she’s dangerous.

• Angry
Reactions: 13
I don’t think I’ve ever posted on this thread but I was actually one of the people to comment on how damaging lifesum was, and this was her answer. Completely ignoring the fact that the issues we had with the app was something that could also push someone who before had a healthy relationship with food into unhealthy relationships with food, not just for people who had already had issues with food. I’m honestly so disgusted by this answer, wtaf.

Just in case anyone isn’t familiar with the app she’s promoting, it counts calories but not only that, separates the calories between three meals, so it doesn’t take into account when you eat, how much you’ve eaten earlier etc. For example, I’m not a breakfast person so when I used this app I also skipped breakfast, and then ate larger lunches, this app then said in red writing I was “x amount of calories over” even though when you look at breakfast you can see that I’d missed out on 300-400 calories at breakfast. It made me feel really ashamed by the fact I’d gone even 20 calories over lunch and ended up eating less just so my tracker looked good. I explained this in my comment which she completely ignored with “well I was told to track with me ED” tracking wasn’t my issue, it was the fact I was “shamed” just by going a few calories over.

Sorry adding to this again but I just realised she started off the comment talking about how she was told to trash when recovering from an eating disorder, yet at the end she says she expected people who have issues with food “simply wouldn’t use it”. MAKE IT MAKE SENSE.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
I watched her video and all I can say is she’s full of shite. And also this is extremely petty but does it annoy anyone else the way she pronounces the word ‘pregnancy’. It’s like she doesn’t pronounce the ‘r’.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
"But we are all adults so I expect people to take responsibility for themselves"... except, a quick glance at your Instagram comments would demonstrate that a large portion of your viewers and supporters and naïve and impressionable teenagers?? You stupid, dangerous, narcissistic witch. May 2021 be the year that this parasite is de-platformed.
Exactly! She's digging herself into a deeper and deeper hole. Being a responsible adult doesn't protect anyone from suffering from any mental illness, especially an ED.

Does reporting her video help on getting it demonitised? I don’t think she has a manager to report to, does she?

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.