Melanie Murphy #6 liquid gold, now available at Tesco, may contain traces of waffle.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah its absolutely bizzare they will only live in Skerries when he works in the airport and she works from home. They could live anywhere around North county Dublin and never be far from family or his work. If her dad is only renting he may not live in Skerries forever anyway.

I just assumed they lived with Tomas family to save on rent. I totally didn't think she'd still be paying rent for the other house. They must not want to be around her dad or something. Total speculation based off nothing but do you think he has a problem with alcohol or something and they don't want the child there? Because yeah they lived there 3 adults together before.

I agree their relationship is so odd. Like why marry someone if you weren't going to sort out your finances and financially plan together for the future. The whole thing is odd. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors with these two if they happily openly talk about this weird tit. Seems like they got married and had a kid without thinking about anything really.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Thats ridiculous though if you could get a house quicker by just moving a bit further out and giving yourself more options why would you not? I mean initially we wanted to buy a house in the area that we’re currently renting in but it’s too expensive but literally if we move 15/20 mins out there’s houses a lot cheaper. You need to be realistic and work within your means if you can’t afford to buy a house in that area then look outside it not talking hours away. They don’t exactly live an overly lavish lifestyle I mean their currently living in an attic and she’s walking about in crop tops with a coat over it while heavily pregnant 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
Yeah I don’t mean they have to move to Sligo or anything, just 40 minutes away is nothing, especially when Dublin has the best public transport in the country and they have a car! I don’t get it at all..

Reactions: 8
Also I dunno if it’s just me and sorry if it’s offensive to anyone but Id be embarrassed to be in my 30s, married still living at home with my in laws and a baby it’s not like they can’t afford to even rent a property in the mean time. She’s older than me, I’m 29, married, baby on the way and renting a property but I’d rather have my own space anyday whether it’s rented or bought

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I don't think it is that weird that she continued to pay rent in the other house. If you have a housemate and you sign a lease you can't just up and leave and get off the hook for your share, leaving the full rent to the other person. Plus Mel is a total liar, she probably continued to pay the rent for a few months or until their agreed tenancy was up, I guarantee she isn't going to be chipping in when they move out of the attic.

Reactions: 7
But isn't it weird to pay rent and not live there? It's really odd that they don't just live there.

Especially seeing as Melanie seems to feel like a stranger in the in laws house and she's home full time with a baby.

Yeah her dad will have to downsize eventually.

Reactions: 10
As someone who has moved out of Dublin because of work there is a conception in the rest of the country that Dublin people are self absorbed, live in a bubble and think the rest of Ireland is “the country” and why would anyone live there.

unfortunately for the most part they’re right, I grew up with that mindset and every Dub I know shares it. What he means I think is it won’t sell DUBLIN prices, and he’s probably right. But they’ll get a nicer house for half the price in different parts of the country, but it’s not about the house with them - it’s clearly the status of owning a massive house in a rich part of Dublin, which is the most expensive county in the country.

As a Dub I think I’ve earned the right to call them this: Jackeens.
it'll certainly be a status symbol to her ,she bagged the pilot she'll need the house to go with it 👨‍✈️ :rolleyes: ...👩‍💻

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
The thing with mel is she pretends renting is stupid and she doesn't want to waste money on "paying someone else's mortgage" but she literally already rents! Admit that, get off the lease when the renewal comes around and move in with your husband and baby.

The fact that the don't live with her dad proves they get way more help from Thomas's parents that she lets on!

Reactions: 19
The thing with mel is she pretends renting is stupid and she doesn't want to waste money on "paying someone else's mortgage" but she literally already rents! Admit that, get off the lease when the renewal comes around and move in with your husband and baby.

The fact that the don't live with her dad proves they get way more help from Thomas's parents that she lets on!
She probably can’t rent on her own even if she lies about her three figure salary. The rent is split between her dad and herself or maybe her brother? I don’t think Thomas is in any position to share the rent. But again, its all about their own convenience and personal preference. They’re BAD with money and shameless as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
There are so many odd things that don’t add up about Mel, not surprised her rental/money with her husband also doesn’t make much sense. Maybe it’s her ego that stops them living with her Dad? - she might see it as a step back because she lived there in her pre-pilot, 6-figure, liquid gold mammy life.

I also wonder if her brother still contributes to the rent for the Dad? He should consider moving to his own smaller place if he has to rely on his children to pay the rent, it’s not sustainable! Plus, what parent would feel comfortable with that? Odd. As mentioned before, I agree and also think Mel (like she does with Tom) enjoys having people depend on her it makes her feel important.

P.s. thanks for introducing a new phrase to me Jackeen 😎. Maybe the baby’s middle name? Milo Jackeen O’Rourke 🤘🏼

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I tried to watch the living in the attic video but I couldn't do it. Also I can't believe a podcast, I'd say Jess is feeling very put out as wasn't suppose to be Mel and Jess. Are they trying to be Vogue and Spencer? I assume it was Thomas that didn't want to leave his family home as from the YouTube videos etc, the house looks very big and in the countryside, a 'country pile' so to speak. The house where Mel lived with her dad wouldn't have suited him. I think I may be hallucinating but I vaguely remember in one on the videos, there was a room ( the door wasn't properly shut) in Thomas's house that looked like it was filled with guitars. I remember thinking it was odd. Also I see no winner of the lavender giveaway 🤔. This really pisses me off about a lot of Instagram influencers. When you are employed in an actual job you have to adhere to certain standards, rules etc.

• Heart
*teehee* I'm so quirky

did you know I use vibrators ?

did I mention That?

I lourve vibrators!!

vibrators, I use them.

my husband's a pilot btw.
20201230_163742.jpg
tenor (6).gif

• Sick
  • Haha

I couldn't see her dad having the temperament to live with a newborn baby

Reactions: 12
Mel: I'm a year and a half sober 🥳
Also Mel: I love Brandy butter

(I know the alcohol content is so low but the juxtaposition between the 2 stories is just too much 🤣)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Mehole has been on but I’m obviously waiting for Dr. Murphy to give me a Covid update,

is Jim Corr’s twitter still suspended? Is she riding solo with the anti mask/lockdown narrative?

also, pretty sure baldie’s parents are helping out with his student loan, and that’s why she’s not involved in it. He’s a mammy’s boy true and true

• Haha
Mehole has been on but I’m obviously waiting for Dr. Murphy to give me a Covid update,

is Jim Corr’s twitter still suspended? Is she riding solo with the anti mask/lockdown narrative?

also, pretty sure baldie’s parents are helping out with his student loan, and that’s why she’s not involved in it. He’s a mammy’s boy true and true
Covid denier is on it. I notice that a lot of her family (Murphys and O’Rourkes) like her posts about Covid on Facebook.. means they’re all the same. No one in their family has been hit by the pandemic which gives them the license to be insensitive. bleeping eejits.

Attachments

• Angry
Reactions: 11
Yeah we’ve gone into another lockdown and I’ve been regulated back on unexpected 24 hour shifts because of staffing issues. Irish numbers are now so high track and trace can’t keep up any more.

I might be MIA from this thread for a while Both because she boils my bleeping blood and because I’m now up the tit creek again with 0 time to myself.

Please be safe this new year. Love to all. Chat in 2021 at some point.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
Not as bloodthirsty as that ( I hope ) 😂 . My niece and her husband run a bar it's been in his family for years (goldmine) but now with the restrictions it's been closed for months, he's taking over his dad's engineering business his dad decided to retire (he's around the age of Thomas's dad) they've just completed on a £450,000 mansion ,put me in mind of the attic dwellers she doesn't seem too bothered lately that Thomas could be grounded for the foreseeable ,maybe that's plan B 🤷‍♀️

Yes it's a good sustainable industry ...why not.
¹
Covid denier is on it. I notice that a lot of her family (Murphys and O’Rourkes) like her posts about Covid on Facebook.. means they’re all the same. No one in their family has been hit by the pandemic which gives them the license to be insensitive. bleeping eejits.
Lockdowns DO work - this has been proven in other countries AND over the summer here in UK. I was working at a funeral directors and toward the end of lock down and after, cases plummeted. Its only since everything opened back up like shops and schools and people were allowed abroad that they've rocketed up again. I feel like people who don't work on the front line actually dealing with it day-in-day-out are complacent and have no idea about the reality of it.

Yeah we’ve gone into another lockdown and I’ve been regulated back on unexpected 24 hour shifts because of staffing issues. Irish numbers are now so high track and trace can’t keep up any more.

I might be MIA from this thread for a while Both because she boils my bleeping blood and because I’m now up the tit creek again with 0 time to myself.

Please be safe this new year. Love to all. Chat in 2021 at some point.
Please take care and stay safe. Thank you for what you do. 🤍

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.