Melanie Murphy #6 liquid gold, now available at Tesco, may contain traces of waffle.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just saw this on her Facebook page from two days ago. She's some dose, replying to herself and all. I've such second-hand embarrassment for her and like you've said @rnpkr7829, the carry on of them both in that video was mortifying. Even her re-enactment of the conversation she'd had with the bank on getting a mortgage 😂 Grow the duck up, you're making a show of yourself Melanie. Zig and Zag is right @monga 😂😂
Omg.

Dear Melanie (I know you read these) covid is more contagious than the flu. Therefor any efforts we make towards limiting the spread of covid will disproportionately minimize the risks of similar but less contagious illnesses. It's really not that hard to understand. Just like condoms will have more success at preventing some STI's over others. That isn't a good excuse not to wear one. It is still vitally important for people to use them as much as possible.

Sincerely, tired of your crap.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Some things I found really disturbing, forgive the breakdown here but I'm actually a bit unsettled after watching.

She completely separates herself from the in-laws at several points, whether consciously or not. She opens with a shot of the Christmas tree in their sitting room and immediately says "That tree is brilliant but it's not our one" (00:28), and then she showcases the potted plant they're calling a tree up in the attic and says, "We have our own tree". They also have a full-blown carved wooden sign on their door that you'd get on the pillar of a house, reading 'The Den'. She captions this to say it's the sign they'll be using for their future house. Again, she's like literally placing a boundary between their attic bedroom and the remainder of the house, nearly positioning it as having its own independent entrance? She even knocks on the bleeping door and Thomas lets her in. To the bedroom. She then goes on to say that the TV in their bedroom makes it "a lot more homey" (?) at 7:11, she says that "it feels like we're in our own little place" - by being able to watch a movie there themselves. She's doing her absolute utmost to establish this attic bedroom as its own entity, disconnected from the family home.

She also says at 1:47 that she was living with her Dad "until she married [Thomas]"... surely they were living together prior to the wedding? I know they had lived in Spain together but surely they weren't getting married while still living apart? She very heavily emphasises that she's still 'renting' with her father and that they are 'contributing' in his family home. She says at 8:00, "Between the two of us, we're worth zero", i.e. that the figure she has saved is equal to Thomas' debt for his pilot training. She actually says, "If you take Thomas' debt, and my savings, we've got nothing". I don't know any married couple or even any long-term couple among my colleagues or friends who would be so divided with their finances? They're married and share a child, for duck's sake. I don't get how it can be her savings and his debt. There's no sense of togetherness there at all, there's no their debt and their savings. I feel like she almost relishes that he is broke as tit and dependent on her, for her fat stack in the bank? A bit like the way she appears to nurture complete dependency with that baby, she has the husband infantilised too. He hasn't got a penny and she has it all. It's beyond me why they don't just use her savings to clear up at least some of that debt - they are married after all. I have two friends who got Approval in Principle recently for a mortgage but had to do something similar at the start of 2020, he had a fairly big car loan (a car they both used) so they just paid it all off, began again and saved like duck during the pandemic to rebuild their deposit. If Thomas' debt really is the barrier to them being given a mortgage... get rid of it? She says at 10:23 that "We both are on really good salaries", so I just don't understand why, with those good salaries, they don't just get the debt down and rebuild. Surely, with two 'really good salaries', it wouldn't take them long while living with his family.

I actually almost felt sorry for Thomas around 8:10, he says "It makes more sense for me, personally, to be living at home because I need to pay back my loan before I can even think about saving for a house". It seems like it is very much his burden to bear alone, which just seems really odd for a married man. Where's the sense of partnership or unity there? She keeps the exclusive pronouns going by saying at 8:34, "I have a deposit for a house". Again, it's very much her deposit and her having the upper hand in what's meant to be a marriage.

The last thing I found really disturbing was the scaremongering from the two of them. At 9:33, Melanie says, "The issue is, a lot of people buy a house, far away like somewhere where they don't want to live and then they get stuck living there because they can never sell it". He kind of echoes that then at 16:54, claiming that a mortgage advisor they'd been speaking to allegedly said, "in his personal opinion, the days of the starter home are dead. Because he was like, chances are, whatever you buy, you're gonna be there for a very long time"? Have I missed something or is this actually a thing? I would have thought with a housing crisis so bad, houses could be sold?? I've been scrolling through daft.ie and myhome.ie (wishfully) for years and I don't think I've ever seen a house (in any of the many counties that I look through) be available for over twelve months. Where are all these homes that people can't sell? I'll take one!
no way this marriage is gonna last tbh. I don't think a healthy relationship should be so transactional it just breeds resentment

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Look I can get sort of get him not “wanting” Mel to pay off “his” debt...but it comes across more chauvinistic in his instance rather than him feeling a responsibility for his own debt....it seems more along the lines of “I can’t allow my wife to pay my debt because I’m a man and I will pay it off....and in doing so be the reason we can’t buy a house”...that’s how it sounds to me but that’s just my opinion, if it were my husband I would at least try pay off some of it and remove his ego from the equation
I also think all the above is most likely BS because it’s Mel...nothing is ever real and honest
She could have debt that she will never admit to anyone including her hubby
She could have bad credit from old loans or he could also
They might have very minimal savings who knows what they have
As someone mentioned before (sorry can’t remember who) she is insisting they have a house in skerries and nothing else will do so this is more likely what’s stopping them having a house now
I’d say they could get a mortgage and live somewhere more affordable but she doesn’t want this 🤷🏻‍♀️ Or they both don’t want this is seems
It’s kind of selfish on their behalf now that a baby is also involved to insist living in an attic but she will do this and finally “get their dream home” and she will be insufferable about it

• Heart
Reactions: 17
But it was all because of the fantastic diet she concocted before/after he was born to make sure she produced the best liquid gold any baby would be privileged to taste:rolleyes:... 19lb is heavy for a 3month old but she's feeding him every 90 mins I think that's excessive for a baby his age .

He sure is .I thought they would've brought his hairline down at the sides it doesn't look much different than before.

She said they discussed that but time was ticking and Thomas said his family love having the baby there but they'll deff need their own place for no two as the attic is just not big enough.
She did also mention that she was nursing him to sleep ( a few days ago on her stories).
That’s why he is heavier than the average 3 month old. She mentioned something along the lines of how ‘liquid gold’ is best for baby so it can’t hurt him from having it all the time. I’m paraphrasing with the same logic hahaha.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Look I can get sort of get him not “wanting” Mel to pay off “his” debt...but it comes across more chauvinistic in his instance rather than him feeling a responsibility for his own debt....it seems more along the lines of “I can’t allow my wife to pay my debt because I’m a man and I will pay it off....and in doing so be the reason we can’t buy a house”...that’s how it sounds to me but that’s just my opinion, if it were my husband I would at least try pay off some of it and remove his ego from the equation
I also think all the above is most likely BS because it’s Mel...nothing is ever real and honest
She could have debt that she will never admit to anyone including her hubby
She could have bad credit from old loans or he could also
They might have very minimal savings who knows what they have
As someone mentioned before (sorry can’t remember who) she is insisting they have a house in skerries and nothing else will do so this is more likely what’s stopping them having a house now
I’d say they could get a mortgage and live somewhere more affordable but she doesn’t want this 🤷🏻‍♀️ Or they both don’t want this is seems
It’s kind of selfish on their behalf now that a baby is also involved to insist living in an attic but she will do this and finally “get their dream home” and she will be insufferable about it
Yes exactly this!!! I don’t understand what their plan was all along even before Covid. If Thomas has soooo much ego that he can’t let Melanie pay off his debt then why is he willing to accept Mortgage from her? Melanie keeps saying she is not like other influencers holding their partners hands in their fancy mansions but you can clearly sense insecurity off her. It does look like her idea of perfect life hasn’t panned out like she planned because of Thomas. And its equally very selfish of Thomas to expect that Melanie should be staying at his parents house free of cost. They’re both really bad at adulting and are not very bright.

• Heart
Just saw this on her Facebook page from two days ago. She's some dose, replying to herself and all. I've such second-hand embarrassment for her and like you've said @rnpkr7829, the carry on of them both in that video was mortifying. Even her re-enactment of the conversation she'd had with the bank on getting a mortgage 😂 Grow the duck up, you're making a show of yourself Melanie. Zig and Zag is right @monga 😂😂
I used to really like Melanie back when she first started her channel and then kind of just didn’t really relate to her much anymore. But all these tweets she’s liking and posts etc of covid conspiracy bullshit actually enrages me. What is not clicking for her? What amount of people dying is she willing to tolerate exactly? All so that she doesn’t have to...what? What can she not currently do that’s a hindrance to her life? Here in the UK the hospitals are at full capacity and are beginning to run out of life saving equipment and space, and that’s with current measures. What does she think would happen to those numbers if we also took the measures away? Why does she think she knows more than scientists just because she’s used google? Boils my blood.

• Heart
I managed to watch her video in full.

It's just reaffirmed for me how dysfunctional the relationship is. As @kekedoyouloveme stated how divided they seem to be. A mine vs his mentality. That's not how it works when you get married and it especially doesn't work once a child comes into the equation.

She's directly emasculating him at several points in the video- my mortgage, his dept, he's not working, my savings. If that's the attitude in the video towards him, I would hate to see how she guilts him behind closed doors. And she is guilting him. I think he feels his has to prove his worth to her by paying it back on his own. It's certainly not an "us venture" when over and over again she refers to it as her savings and her mortgage. She came across as entirely manipulative in the video

It feels to me like she's trying to make him totally reliant and grateful to her as she mentions so many times how she's basically the breadwinner and that they are where they are because of Thomas. Typical narc behaviour to wear your partner down, guilt them, infantilize him ,make them reliant all while maintaining everything the narc does, every sacrifice, every contribution is for the sake of the relationship. She's relishing in the power she has over him right now. She wants that mortgage in her name.

Also as an aside- the CONSTANT mention of exes from Melanie.That's not normal in a happy marriage. Heck, it's not even normal in a relationship. The relationship as a whole is not healthy and won't ever be unless Melanie addresses her issues and not manipulate Thomas by referring to her narc issues as her cHiLd sTaTe.

Also big fat LOL from me at the bit about wanting to live near family. Dublin is the most accessible part of the country with trains and buses everywhere. She's whining about living in one of the most expensive and affluent areas in County Dublin. I do not feel sorry for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
God he’s an annoying tit, that lad is the guy everyone ignored at school, until daddy won the lottery and then he got invited to parties

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I managed to watch her video in full.

It's just reaffirmed for me how dysfunctional the relationship is. As @kekedoyouloveme stated how divided they seem to be. A mine vs his mentality. That's not how it works when you get married and it especially doesn't work once a child comes into the equation.

She's directly emasculating him at several points in the video- my mortgage, his dept, he's not working, my savings. If that's the attitude in the video towards him, I would hate to see how she guilts him behind closed doors. And she is guilting him. I think he feels his has to prove his worth to her by paying it back on his own. It's certainly not an "us venture" when over and over again she refers to it as her savings and her mortgage. She came across as entirely manipulative in the video

It feels to me like she's trying to make him totally reliant and grateful to her as she mentions so many times how she's basically the breadwinner and that they are where they are because of Thomas. Typical narc behaviour to wear your partner down, guilt them, infantilize him ,make them reliant all while maintaining everything the narc does, every sacrifice, every contribution is for the sake of the relationship. She's relishing in the power she has over him right now. She wants that mortgage in her name.

Also as an aside- the CONSTANT mention of exes from Melanie.That's not normal in a happy marriage. Heck, it's not even normal in a relationship. The relationship as a whole is not healthy and won't ever be unless Melanie addresses her issues and not manipulate Thomas by referring to her narc issues as her cHiLd sTaTe.

Also big fat LOL from me at the bit about wanting to live near family. Dublin is the most accessible part of the country with trains and buses everywhere. She's whining about living in one of the most expensive and affluent areas in County Dublin. I do not feel sorry for her.
I think he rather likes it. He’s so impressed by Melanie, he doesn’t even realize the tit she spews. He was exactly the kind of partner a narc like Melanie needed. I don’t think he’s egotistical about his debt. He is living guilt-free, rent-free in his parents house with a wife and a child and talking about bringing more children in to the world. And he’s willing to live in a house Melanie will own. What was his plan before getting married? He doesn’t seem to be on the losing side of this relationship tbh, he’s getting all the perks as well.

Reactions: 9
Maybe if they can’t afford to live in skerries they need to look further afield. I’m not saying miles and miles away but surly if she’s planning to learn to drive they can go and visit when they want anyway or if it’s not too far out you can use public transport to visit not that big of a deal but I know that’s probably not good enough for her 🙄🙄

• Heart
Delighted she’s told her viewers she’d had to get a new bed because the old one was very creeky ... and to read between the lines.... Melanie Hun you’re married with a child we get it you shag the pilot!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Dublin is widely expensive especially Skerries they literally live an hour from the border where buying a property is alot cheaper and being an hour away from family is not alot...like the fact she's paying rent for her dad's baffles me

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Delighted she’s told her viewers she’d had to get a new bed because the old one was very creeky ... and to read between the lines.... Melanie Hun you’re married with a child we get it you shag the pilot!!!
Also why isn’t her first though “I need to move out” not “I need a quieter bed so my husband and I can continue to stay in his parent’s loft”!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Dublin is widely expensive especially Skerries they literally live an hour from the border where buying a property is alot cheaper and being an hour away from family is not alot...like the fact she's paying rent for her dad's baffles me
An hour away from family is a kiss of unicorn, and she'll get homesick easily.
Oh melanie muppet, the pooooooor princess and pea 🙄

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Lest we forget that according to the gospel of Zig and Zag (still laughing at this @monga), property outside of Dublin will "never sell". 😱😱
As someone who has moved out of Dublin because of work there is a conception in the rest of the country that Dublin people are self absorbed, live in a bubble and think the rest of Ireland is “the country” and why would anyone live there.

unfortunately for the most part they’re right, I grew up with that mindset and every Dub I know shares it. What he means I think is it won’t sell DUBLIN prices, and he’s probably right. But they’ll get a nicer house for half the price in different parts of the country, but it’s not about the house with them - it’s clearly the status of owning a massive house in a rich part of Dublin, which is the most expensive county in the country.

As a Dub I think I’ve earned the right to call them this: Jackeens.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
As someone who has moved out of Dublin because of work there is a conception in the rest of the country that Dublin is its own bubble and people who live there think the rest of Ireland is “the country” and why would anyone live there. They’re right, I grew up with that mindset. What he means I think is it won’t sell DUBLIN prices, and he’s probably right. But they’ll get a nicer house for half the price in different parts of the country, but it’s not about the house with them - it’s clearly the status of owning a massive house in a rich part of Dublin, which is the most expensive county in the country.

Thats ridiculous though if you could get a house quicker by just moving a bit further out and giving yourself more options why would you not? I mean initially we wanted to buy a house in the area that we’re currently renting in but it’s too expensive but literally if we move 15/20 mins out there’s houses a lot cheaper. You need to be realistic and work within your means if you can’t afford to buy a house in that area then look outside it not talking hours away. They don’t exactly live an overly lavish lifestyle I mean their currently living in an attic and she’s walking about in crop tops with a coat over it while heavily pregnant 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 10
As someone who has moved out of Dublin because of work there is a conception in the rest of the country that Dublin people are self absorbed, live in a bubble and think the rest of Ireland is “the country” and why would anyone live there.

unfortunately for the most part they’re right, I grew up with that mindset and every Dub I know shares it. What he means I think is it won’t sell DUBLIN prices, and he’s probably right. But they’ll get a nicer house for half the price in different parts of the country, but it’s not about the house with them - it’s clearly the status of owning a massive house in a rich part of Dublin, which is the most expensive county in the country.

You could be right about his meaning! But at 9:33 in that latest video, Melanie says, "The issue is, a lot of people buy a house, far away like somewhere where they don't want to live and then they get stuck living there because they can never sell it". Like I said yesterday, if someone could please point me in the direction of these houses that are impossible to sell - I'd kill for one 😂

• Haha
Lest we forget that according to the gospel of Zig and Zag (still laughing at this @monga), property outside of Dublin will "never sell". 😱😱
Where does she get her info no? She doesn't even cough or get choked up every time she utters bs.
"Property outside of Dublin will never sell" my b***hole. She's just sour graping in everything, really.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.