Melanie Murphy #6 liquid gold, now available at Tesco, may contain traces of waffle.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did he even have the hair transplant doesn’t look like it? He looks nearly as bald as he did before 😳😳

• Haha
Reactions: 7
How in the hell is her dads house too small but an attic isnt???????
In what world does that statement make sense.

I havent watched her in aaaaaages due to her tit but had to look at this video when I saw the title. Entitled little shits

Edit: Also I know I might get tit for this I dont know if the baby was planned or anything and I know accidents happen to anyone. But if it was planned why not wait till he was out working a while and they had somewhere to live????

• Heart
Reactions: 13

I havent watched her in aaaaaages due to her tit but had to look at this video when I saw the title. Entitled little shits

Edit: Also I know I might get tit for this I dont know if the baby was planned or anything and I know accidents happen to anyone. But if it was planned why not wait till he was out working a while and they had somewhere to live????
The baby was planned I remember watching a video it may have been from last year and she’d stated she was hoping to fall pregnant sometime in 2020 but that’s one thing I can’t get my head round your living situation isn’t exactly ideal why not sort that first before bringing a baby into the equation

• Heart
Reactions: 16

clock is ticking. It’s why she settled with Thomas,
timing and his license.

• Haha
The baby was planned I remember watching a video it may have been from last year and she’d stated she was hoping to fall pregnant sometime in 2020 but that’s one thing I can’t get my head round your living situation isn’t exactly ideal why not sort that first before bringing a baby into the equation
They also planned and paid big money for a wedding. He has very understanding parents, my mam would tell me to catch myself on and get a grip of my life 😂

• Haha
Thank you to anyone that watched it and spared others having to, I assumed it was just that, two people moaning about what they don’t have 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I haven’t watched her attic vlog yet - don’t hate myself enough just yet.

but gosh that’s a big 3 month old baby (19lbs) !!! No negativity meant,
he looks like he’s about 8 months.

also her language is disturbing

View attachment 363817View attachment 363818
But it was all because of the fantastic diet she concocted before/after he was born to make sure she produced the best liquid gold any baby would be privileged to taste:rolleyes:... 19lb is heavy for a 3month old but she's feeding him every 90 mins I think that's excessive for a baby his age .

Did he even have the hair transplant doesn’t look like it? He looks nearly as bald as he did before 😳😳
He sure is .I thought they would've brought his hairline down at the sides it doesn't look much different than before.

She said they discussed that but time was ticking and Thomas said his family love having the baby there but they'll deff need their own place for no two as the attic is just not big enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Some things I found really disturbing, forgive the breakdown here but I'm actually a bit unsettled after watching.

She completely separates herself from the in-laws at several points, whether consciously or not. She opens with a shot of the Christmas tree in their sitting room and immediately says "That tree is brilliant but it's not our one" (00:28), and then she showcases the potted plant they're calling a tree up in the attic and says, "We have our own tree". They also have a full-blown carved wooden sign on their door that you'd get on the pillar of a house, reading 'The Den'. She captions this to say it's the sign they'll be using for their future house. Again, she's like literally placing a boundary between their attic bedroom and the remainder of the house, nearly positioning it as having its own independent entrance? She even knocks on the bleeping door and Thomas lets her in. To the bedroom. She then goes on to say that the TV in their bedroom makes it "a lot more homey" (?) at 7:11, she says that "it feels like we're in our own little place" - by being able to watch a movie there themselves. She's doing her absolute utmost to establish this attic bedroom as its own entity, disconnected from the family home.

She also says at 1:47 that she was living with her Dad "until she married [Thomas]"... surely they were living together prior to the wedding? I know they had lived in Spain together but surely they weren't getting married while still living apart? She very heavily emphasises that she's still 'renting' with her father and that they are 'contributing' in his family home. She says at 8:00, "Between the two of us, we're worth zero", i.e. that the figure she has saved is equal to Thomas' debt for his pilot training. She actually says, "If you take Thomas' debt, and my savings, we've got nothing". I don't know any married couple or even any long-term couple among my colleagues or friends who would be so divided with their finances? They're married and share a child, for duck's sake. I don't get how it can be her savings and his debt. There's no sense of togetherness there at all, there's no their debt and their savings. I feel like she almost relishes that he is broke as tit and dependent on her, for her fat stack in the bank? A bit like the way she appears to nurture complete dependency with that baby, she has the husband infantilised too. He hasn't got a penny and she has it all. It's beyond me why they don't just use her savings to clear up at least some of that debt - they are married after all. I have two friends who got Approval in Principle recently for a mortgage but had to do something similar at the start of 2020, he had a fairly big car loan (a car they both used) so they just paid it all off, began again and saved like duck during the pandemic to rebuild their deposit. If Thomas' debt really is the barrier to them being given a mortgage... get rid of it? She says at 10:23 that "We both are on really good salaries", so I just don't understand why, with those good salaries, they don't just get the debt down and rebuild. Surely, with two 'really good salaries', it wouldn't take them long while living with his family.

I actually almost felt sorry for Thomas around 8:10, he says "It makes more sense for me, personally, to be living at home because I need to pay back my loan before I can even think about saving for a house". It seems like it is very much his burden to bear alone, which just seems really odd for a married man. Where's the sense of partnership or unity there? She keeps the exclusive pronouns going by saying at 8:34, "I have a deposit for a house". Again, it's very much her deposit and her having the upper hand in what's meant to be a marriage.

The last thing I found really disturbing was the scaremongering from the two of them. At 9:33, Melanie says, "The issue is, a lot of people buy a house, far away like somewhere where they don't want to live and then they get stuck living there because they can never sell it". He kind of echoes that then at 16:54, claiming that a mortgage advisor they'd been speaking to allegedly said, "in his personal opinion, the days of the starter home are dead. Because he was like, chances are, whatever you buy, you're gonna be there for a very long time"? Have I missed something or is this actually a thing? I would have thought with a housing crisis so bad, houses could be sold?? I've been scrolling through daft.ie and myhome.ie (wishfully) for years and I don't think I've ever seen a house (in any of the many counties that I look through) be available for over twelve months. Where are all these homes that people can't sell? I'll take one!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
They also planned and paid big money for a wedding. He has very understanding parents, my mam would tell me to catch myself on and get a grip of my life 😂
I don’t think they paid that much for the wedding, March date, cheap enough venue, she arranged everything on the cheap including her dress because she said herself back then they were “saving for a house”
I think she’s making out that she lost more than she did

To be fair, I don’t think that just because they’re married it means Melanie has to pay off his debt for him. I understand what you mean about sharing finances etc, but I wouldn’t give my partner all my entire savings to pay off his debt, and I wouldn’t expect someone to do the same for me either 🤷🏻‍♀️
agree with this.
especially when he’s now studying again (although AL are probably paying a large portion of that)

Reactions: 6
agree with this.
especially when he’s now studying again (although AL are probably paying a large portion of that)
Not to suggest she should pay off his debt for him, but if that's the barrier to them accessing a mortgage and they're in that desperate of a situation, they should get rid of it together. She claims that they're both on "really good salaries', they'd be best off clearing up even some of his debt in that case as I know from my friends having gotten AIP recently, they needed to at least significantly reduce their loan to demonstrate affordability. I just don't know any married couple or even any long-term couple among my colleagues or friends who would be so divided with their finances. Like I said, I don't get how it can be her savings and his debt. There's no sense of togetherness there at all, there's no their debt and their savings. It just strikes me as really odd for a married couple to be so separate?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Not to suggest she should pay off his debt for him, but if that's the barrier to them accessing a mortgage and they're in that desperate of a situation, they should get rid of it together. She claims that they're both on "really good salaries', they'd be best off clearing up even some of his debt in that case as I know from my friends having gotten AIP recently, they needed to at least significantly reduce their loan to demonstrate affordability. I just don't know any married couple or even any long-term couple among my colleagues or friends who would be so divided with their finances. Like I said, I don't get how it can be her savings and his debt. There's no sense of togetherness there at all, there's no their debt and their savings. It just strikes me as really odd for a married couple to be so separate?
Someone actually asked her about this.

1609281524177.png

I bet she didn't put up much of an argument :LOL:

• Haha
Agreed about the separate finances thing just shows they aren’t an actual combined couple they still think of themselves individually, like I’m all about having her personal space and identity...but when it comes to the big stuff such as children finances savings your priorities in life...you should both be on the same page
With me and my partner his debt is mine, my debt is his always has been since we were together even before marriage and whatever I save is his and vice versa, we have our own accounts and spend our money as we wish provided all our bills are paid and we are saving...not a great video showing their united front in this marriage more an expose into how they actually operate
100% resentment there with regard to HIS debt being the thing that holds them both back from a mortgage
Actually feel sorry for the dope now being married to her

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Someone actually asked her about this.

View attachment 364045

I bet she didn't put up much of an argument :LOL:
They could put aside an emergency fund to cover all their expenses for 6-12 months to fall back on should they both find themselves in a position where they struggle to get a steady income, and take the rest of her savings and put them towards Thomas' debt payment. She says they have good salaries, so for now it shouldn't be hard for them to live comfortably on their salaries, and with the debt paid off they could actually focus on establishing a positive net worth. Melanie contributes to her dad's rent, but apart from that, they don't have any massive payments coming out monthly (well maybe their car loan, which is something they should've paid outright as well imo). Most couples (especially married) focus on getting rid of debt TOGETHER, then (ideally) establish an emergency fund, then save for a mortgage together. The way they're handling their finances I have to say I don't see them leaving the attic anytime soon. In my opinion, she just doesn't want to see her money go in order to pay off his debt, although it would probably get them their dream house faster. She wouldn't have anything to boast about if her 'massive deposit' just vanished.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Maybe she feels Thomas should be the provider saying as she wants to be a traditional wife and mother 👨‍✈️

• Haha
  • Heart
With me and my partner his debt is mine, my debt is his always has been since we were together even before marriage and whatever I save is his and vice versa
Exactly, me too.

Most couples (especially married) focus on getting rid of debt TOGETHER, then (ideally) establish an emergency fund, then save for a mortgage together.
This is spot on, I actually find it quite shocking how disconnected it all is. It seems very lacking in trust?

They could put aside an emergency fund to cover all their expenses for 6-12 months to fall back on should they both find themselves in a position where they struggle to get a steady income, and take the rest of her savings and put them towards Thomas' debt payment. She says they have good salaries, so for now it shouldn't be hard for them to live comfortably on their salaries, and with the debt paid off they could actually focus on establishing a positive net worth. Melanie contributes to her dad's rent, but apart from that, they don't have any massive payments coming out monthly (well maybe their car loan, which is something they should've paid outright as well imo). Most couples (especially married) focus on getting rid of debt TOGETHER, then (ideally) establish an emergency fund, then save for a mortgage together. The way they're handling their finances I have to say I don't see them leaving the attic anytime soon. In my opinion, she just doesn't want to see her money go in order to pay off his debt, although it would probably get them their dream house faster. She wouldn't have anything to boast about if her 'massive deposit' just vanished.
It didn't come across like they'd be leaving soon she said they're planning the baby's nursery ?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
It didn't come across like they'd be leaving soon she said they're planning the baby's nursery ?
I haven't watched the video yet (and probably am not going to watch it at all), but that's so strange to me. They're going to be stuck there forever if they don't get rid of their debt, she says herself that the debt cancels out the savings, they need to focus on getting a positive net worth together, in my opinion that's their main problem. Crazy to think they'd rather impose on the in laws for a few more years than to do the mortgage thing properly. Some couples don't earn anywhere as much as them and work their butts off, saving as much as they can, sticking to a budget, missing out on social events, vacations, etc to pay off debt in order to focus on a mortgage. I think they think it's all just going to get served to them on a silver platter.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
You can watch it through this and it won't count as a view: https://cadence.moe/cloudtube/search?q=Melanie murphy&sort_by=relevance

The video should have been called "Two Dopes Moan For 20 Minutes About A Range of Relatively Mild Inconveniences #sp #ad".

To break it down: They're in the attic to save. They cry about the housing crisis and how hard it makes it to buy near family. They make out like if they don't live in Skerries, they might as well live in Timbuktu in terms of ever seeing family again. Melanie gets defensive about the tweet she got heat for. They make childish jokes that are so lame you die with cringe but I guess it's nice they make each other laugh at least. Your man's hairline is feckin weird. And that's about it. It's a snoozer.
I really don't understand this bs that they should get a house close to their families and friends (Skerries). As if they have to live abroad just to have a more comfortable, normal set-up as a couple with own child.
Find a small, affordable, single-bedroom house. She doesn't need an entire village or household to help her to take care of their baby even during pandemic. She's just staying at home most of the time.
Sorry but not sorry, wish they've waited for atleast 1 year to have a baby, so their blah blahs about saving money to buy their own house will be more believable.

but gosh that’s a big 3 month old baby (19lbs) !!!
I'm sure for melanie it's a compliment. You know, because her baby is so advance, son of Zeus, Loki, Troy and Chronus 💩

It's more of he got eyebrow lamination 🤭

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
And I agree with all of you saying it's strange how - as a married couple - they are so divided on the money front.
If she's speaking about the debt as Thomas's and not hers, then I take it it's Thomas's job to pay it off, which means he'll be spending years paying it off and won't be able to put as much towards a mortgage as Melanie, which will lead to Melanie seeing the mortgage as (mainly) hers, which then in turn will probably lead to her seeing the house as hers. It all seems very controlling to me. If I had the money to pay off my partner's debt I'd insist on paying it off so we could focus on a mortgage. If the aviation industry somewhat recovers again and Thomas is able to keep his job and climb to a higher position, then he'll be bringing home a nice sum of money and could put that money back into the house/their savings as a couple. It would benefit them so much in the long run.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.