Melanie Murphy #6 liquid gold, now available at Tesco, may contain traces of waffle.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also I think she claimed she found out after which is BS. A scan to diagnose pcos is a transvaginal ultrasound which 100% would have picked up that she was already a few weeks pregnant at the time.
Unless of course she had the scan before fertilisation/far too early to tell? I'm 7 weeks but technically only been pregnant 4.5 of those because it goes from first day of last period? Which means the first 2 weeks or so of a pregnancy you're not actually pregnant and if she hadn't had implantation, or was only fertilised a couple of weeks, it wouldn't show up on a scan? I'm not trying to make excuses for her but what she's saying could actually be true

Reactions: 2
Really telling how it's they "live" in the attic - not they live with Thomas's family but have a bit of extra room in the attic space. A definite divide as someone else said. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a doorbell and a Chubb lock on the attic door. Or started calling it an apartment.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
hi guys i'm new to this thread and only recently started seeing melanie's videos in my youtube recommended (no idea why) :)
why is it that they want to separate themselves from his family? does she have a problem with them?

Reactions: 7
hi guys i'm new to this thread and only recently started seeing melanie's videos in my youtube recommended (no idea why) :)
why is it that they want to separate themselves from his family? does she have a problem with them?
Apparently they’re all one big happy family🥳

Very confident for someone with fertility issues
67523B7A-79E3-47C8-A502-AE2A98C8A67C.jpeg
9C2904C5-7334-4D64-AB77-5D23AEB11D0E.jpeg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
Maybe they (well, Melanie) like to make a thing of it being the attic because it makes it sound more like their own space, almost a separate flat, and either an excuse to be more independent or at least make it seem like they are so she can play the hard-working-mammy card.

It just makes me think of Jane Eyre with the image of Mel rattling around in the attic, maybe reciting her poetry to herself...

The actual reality may be entirely different but the way Melanie makes their living situation seem made me think up this:

4r7hib.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
I think the newborn stage is the first 6 weeks!
just wanted to give a little hope to those struggling with infertility, me and my husband tried for a year to fall pregnant and then started to get all the fertile investigations done and were eventually told that we would really really struggle to fall pregnant naturally (husband sperm being the issue).
anyway to cut a long story short, 4 years of heartbreak later and just 2 months before starting icsi treatment we fell pregnant naturally with our now 2 year old daughter. We are now due any day with our second daughter who again we fell naturally with and a lot quicker this time round.
so don’t give up hope because what is for you won’t pass you ❤
Thank you for this. Husbands sperm is an issue too for us as well as my endometriosis . I love hearing positive, happy stories of pregnancy after struggles ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I apologise if this has been covered before but for someone so concerned about being environmental and reducing waste (although apparently unable to adjust a nappy!) her fabletics adverts promote just that! Soooo much waste if you’re getting new gym clothes every month!
I see her subs can't get their fabletics delivered because of brexit , fabletics have popped up in her comments and told them to DM them.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
something similar happened to my friend when she had her daughter. She was living at home with her parents but still wouldn’t let anyone else mind the baby and was v hesitatant about people even holding her. She would cry constantly about not having help even though she had a house full of people. Turns out she had PPD and PTSD from her (actual) traumatic birth. She went to therapy, got medication from her GP and got a handle on it and is much better now.
I know Melanie has her issues, but experience is subjective. So if it felt traumatic to Melanie then that is enough. No need for gaslighting. Especially since none of us were actually there in the delivery room with her. So we can never truly know what happened.

Plus, her post birth experience on the ward sounds horrible. And while she complained about the doctor present during her labour, she also said the midwives on the ward were fab - just under staffed.

I know Melanie has her issues, but experience is subjective. So if it felt traumatic to Melanie then that is enough. No need for gaslighting. Especially since none of us were actually there in the delivery room with her. So we can never truly know what happened.

Plus, her post birth experience on the ward sounds horrible. And while she complained about the doctor present during her labour, she also said the midwives on the ward were fab - just under staffed.
Very strange that her husband was also present but thought they were fantastic and contradicted everything she said...Came across like she was unsure what happened herself?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Very strange that her husband was also present but thought they were fantastic and contradicted everything she said...Came across like she was unsure what happened herself?
Honestly, who knows? MM almost certainly has NPD, so would be prone to exaggeration anyhow. However, I know from talking to other women that such birth experiences can be traumatic. I imagine Thomas was just happy out that they were both safe and healthy, but sometimes that is not enough for the woman who has gone through it. And maternity care aside, medical professionals in all specialties gaslight patients anyhow. It's pretty ingrained in medical culture.

So I do honestly believe she was genuinely traumatised.

I don’t think anyone is suggesting labour and delivery isn’t traumatic for some women I mean I can only imagine it is, and yes pain is what the patient says it is as you are taught working in healthcare so if it felt traumatic for her by all means she’s entitled to feel that way.

The issue majority have with Mel (or what I feel issue with I don’t want to speak on anyone else’s behalf) is the multiple SM content, most of which is on Instagram stories or comments on there to her followers, is her multiple references to her being “forced” by healthcare professionals into a procedure she didn’t consent to and having a doctor “assault” her, words she has actually used, and how she will be making complaints and not having a hospital delivery again

again, she is entitled to feel whatever way she wants about her experience but she has an online presence that she is sharing this to.Forced and assault are two very strong words to use about your experience, if this is how she feels by all means make her complaint about the doctors and midwives and maybe get some closure on the experience or answers from them about why it happened the way it did

but don’t go onto your SM platform to portray your narrative of being this victim and possibly encouraging others to not have any trust in the healthcare system

Also apologies reading back on my comment it comes across quite aggressive, don’t mean it to I’m coming from someone working in the healthcare system so I am being defensive about my fellow colleagues working there
I just believe if you are unhappy with your care please talk to someone in the healthcare system about it and get answers or an explanation
Please don’t just complain online where nothing can be done to change anything

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Apparently they’re all one big happy family🥳

Very confident for someone with fertility issues View attachment 355489View attachment 355490
She just admitted her kid is 3months old, stop calling him a newborn ffs. It's the dangerous path of my kid is X months old when they're like 3! 😂

I see her subs can't get their fabletics delivered because of brexit , fabletics have popped up in her comments and told them to DM them.
There goes one of her mainlines of income, how ever will she cope! "You guys can get this too when brexit stops being a thing"!!

She's got an impressionable audience you guys and if she's out here saying a Dr forced her and assaulted her, those are serious allegations with serious consequences. Not to tit on her experience but surely if this were the case, she would be taking things further and any good bleeping lawyer would inform her not to speak about this online, until everything was finalised. Given Melanies past to over-exaggerate situations in which she makes herself the main character of trauma, it's hard to believe her. It's like the boy who cried wolf, except she never learns.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

I’m not gas lighting her. In my original post I said my friends birth was actually traumatic- and it was. She currently has a case of medical negligence pending, as she should. Her treatment was medically dangerous.

In melanies case she found “normal“ (no birth is normal but I don’t like the term standard either) birth traumatic, which would insinuate that she wasn’t prepared properly either in her own research or the positive birthing place she used failed her.

I’m sorry that she had forcepts but considering she knew the baby was big for a while before she went into labour, all outcomes would have been explained to her at her maternity appointments.

Her examination during labour sounds normal, minus her saying she was assaulted. That is highly dangerous language to use and if she feels so strongly about it then by all means complain to the hospital, sue them, go to therapy. But broadcasting dangerous ideas to her audience isn’t okay when she isn’t going to be taking it further herself and her own husband who was there says the staff were lovely.

I’m a doctor. I’ve worked in hospitals for 6 years and I’ve seen people from all walks of life. If she was genuinely as “assaulted” or Traumatized as she claims to be then Thomas or someone in her bubble would have encouraged her to take it further or he wouldn’t go on camera contradicting everything she’s saying about her treatment - unless he’s a massive bellend.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I’m not gas lighting her. In my original post I said my friends birth was actually traumatic- and it was. She currently has a case of medical negligence pending, as she should. Her treatment was medically dangerous.

In melanies case she found “normal“ (no birth is normal but I don’t like the term standard either) birth traumatic, which would insinuate that she wasn’t prepared properly either in her own research or the positive birthing place she used failed her.

I’m sorry that she had forcepts but considering she knew the baby was big for a while before she went into labour, all outcomes would have been explained to her at her maternity appointments.

Her examination during labour sounds normal, minus her saying she was assaulted. That is highly dangerous language to use and if she feels so strongly about it then by all means complain to the hospital, sue them, go to therapy. But broadcasting dangerous ideas to her audience isn’t okay when she isn’t going to be taking it further herself and her own husband who was there says the staff were lovely.

I’m a doctor. I’ve worked in hospitals for 6 years and I’ve seen people from all walks of life. If she was genuinely as “assaulted” or Traumatized as she claims to be then Thomas or someone in her bubble would have encouraged her to take it further or he wouldn’t go on camera contradicting everything she’s saying about her treatment - unless he’s a massive bellend.
To tack onto this- she went off on an anti doctor & anti medicine narrative months prior to giving birth. Scaremongering about epidurals and c sections in the comment section of her videos.

She was home a hot minute after the birth making wild claims in Instagram comments (now conveniently deleted) that directly contradicted what she then went onto say in her "positive birth story"

Firstly saying she was forced into forceps and then contradicting this and saying her and Thomas verbally agreed to the procedure so how was she forced? There are many screenshots in the threads prior that show her inconsistencies that are now scrubbed from her SM.

She was also wildly unprepared for the reality that birth plans can change at the drop of a hat and no amount of sniffing lavender or whale noises can prepare you. She knew her baby was measuring large - she failed to look into and research medical protocol for emergency birth procedures.

Off topic but she's lied about bring pregnant in photos when she wasn't. She's lied and slandered a journalists name to promote her mainstream media agenda and she's lied about PCOS and hundreds of other thing's highlighted on these threads. She is a liar.

Funny how she's always the victim and I'm not going to be behind the door in saying I think she's a massive liar concerning her birth story. If it was as she claimed, no partner, husband or boyfriend would dispute your trauma on camera or claim the doctor was nice.

The only gaslighter here is Melanie.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Honestly, who knows? MM almost certainly has NPD, so would be prone to exaggeration anyhow. However, I know from talking to other women that such birth experiences can be traumatic. I imagine Thomas was just happy out that they were both safe and healthy, but sometimes that is not enough for the woman who has gone through it. And maternity care aside, medical professionals in all specialties gaslight patients anyhow. It's pretty ingrained in medical culture.

So I do honestly believe she was genuinely traumatised.
Well like you say we'll never truly know what happened but the use of words like "begged them not to" .." shouted and pleaded "..rammed his fingers in without consent " (just a few of the phrases she used) while agreeing with someone that said it was "obstetric violence " comes across like the staff were treating her like a piece of meat ,while her husband stood by crackin jokes with them .Don't forget she's also claiming she had an UNMEDICATED birth while having a spinal block and entonox and admitted herself she was delusional after 4 days of no sleep.On her initial post after the birth she was saying how fantastic all the staff were and she couldn't praise them enough ,why write something like that and then change it a few days later ...not dramatic enough is my guess . The things she said happened are natural run of the mill medical examinations that everyone gets when in labour ,they always say to" leave your dignity at the door and pick it up on the way out again " when you go into have a child .If she was traumatised it's more likely down to the fact she thought she could meditate her way through it and when she was hit with the reality of labour it left her traumatised ,but that's not the staffs fault it's her own small mindedness that she thinks everything in life goes by the book /app...She's even rearing her son to the timescale of an app without a thought that he's an individual and will develop at his own pace.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
To tack onto this- she went off on an anti doctor & anti medicine narrative months prior to giving birth. Scaremongering about epidurals and c sections in the comment section of her videos.

She was home a hot minute after the birth making wild claims in Instagram comments (now conveniently deleted) that directly contradicted what she then went onto say in her "positive birth story"

Firstly saying she was forced into forceps and then contradicting this and saying her and Thomas verbally agreed to the procedure so how was she forced? There are many screenshots in the threads prior that show her inconsistencies that are now scrubbed from her SM.

She was also wildly unprepared for the reality that birth plans can change at the drop of a hat and no amount of sniffing lavender or whale noises can prepare you. She knew her baby was measuring large - she failed to look into and research medical protocol for emergency birth procedures.

Off topic but she's lied about bring pregnant in photos when she wasn't. She's lied and slandered a journalists name to promote her mainstream media agenda and she's lied about PCOS and hundreds of other thing's highlighted on these threads. She is a liar.

Funny how she's always the victim and I'm not going to be behind the door in saying I think she's a massive liar concerning her birth story. If it was as she claimed, no partner, husband or boyfriend would dispute your trauma on camera or claim the doctor was nice.

The only gaslighter here is Melanie.
Everything you said!! 💯
Also to add, Melanie said she didn’t do much research (Google) on Forceps that’s why it was terrifying. Hardly the doctors fault that they didn’t brief her in the middle of delivery in detail like she wanted. Plus she said she wasn’t allowed to push because the midwives wanted the bed. All of the stuff she said has been conveniently deleted. She keeps dropping these little easter eggs on her Instagram to keep spinning the narrative in any direction she wants so as much as we don’t know what happened in that delivery room, what she tells doesn’t make much sense as well. I mean stick to one story atleast?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.