Melanie Murphy #4 Covid denier, constant liar, content's dire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Come off ‘maternity leave’ 😂😂 to post on here cos I really had to!
Watched her story last night and good god! Couldn’t help but feel like she was bragging about how good her postpartum body is! I had my baby last Thursday and am amazed by how my body is but wouldn’t go about plastering it all over social media as there are so many women who struggle with their body image after pregnancy.. was a massive turn off for me and am now considering unfollowing her on insta.
Also I am annoyed with all the breastfeeding posts too, as a new mum struggling to get my baby to latch properly after a traumatic birth it feels like a slap in the face! Anyway that’s enough out of me 😳🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Watched her story last night and good god! Couldn’t help but feel like she was bragging about how good her postpartum body is! I had my baby last Thursday and am amazed by how my body is but wouldn’t go about plastering it all over social media as there are so many women who struggle with their body image after pregnancy.. was a massive turn off for me and am now considering unfollowing her on insta.
Also I am annoyed with all the breastfeeding posts too, as a new mum struggling to get my baby to latch properly after a traumatic birth it feels like a slap in the face! Anyway that’s enough out of me 😳🙄
Congrats on the birth of your baby! I can't speak to your situation, but I'm sure there are others on the thread who've been through similar, so you certainly aren't alone x

This is exactly what galls me with Melanie. She tries to maintain she does certain stuff to highlight the issues surrounding it when it's not like that at all - it's just a way for melanie to show off/humble brag/ body check.

As others have said filming her breasts and eye bleeping the camera.Giving out that she's doing it to normalize breastfeeding when she has never shared any resources, tips etc.

Same with her anti lockdown / herd immunity stance and using Mental health as her rebuttal. Tell me, with all of her "but what about mental health" arguments has she once shared, on any of her platforms resources or helplines for her followers who may be struggling? NO SHE HASN'T.

So no it's never for any cause only a chance for melanie to seek validation or hammer in her ignorant opinions.

Reactions: 7
I got a duck ton of stretch marks when pregnant/ did a lot of reading on them (I got ones around my arm pit! :O) There’s zero science based evidence oils and creams work on stretch marks because they happen at the molecular levels. Will it make your epidermis softer and make you feel better about yourself? Sure. But they don’t prevent them from happening.

she’s a twit.
Exactly, she sounds like oh I did so well not getting stretch marks, I put oils, I’m so great.
I think it depends on genetics whether or not you get them

I am very pro breastfeeding and really think that it’s not normalised in Ireland at all and women get very little support doing it. You are lucky if everything goes smooth but if you struggle most people say just give a bottle, instead of trying to make it work.
But I feel that in case of Melanie she just uses birth and breastfeeding to be even more narcissistic, more reasons to show her boobs, more reasons to scream how great she is, more reasons to look down on other women.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
She does this faux feminism "breastfeeding is natural" take, but as @monga said, she hasn't given any intelligent discussion on it. Only a couple screenshots about how good it is for the baby, which totally alienates women who can't physically do it.

Jesus, I don't even have a baby and I'd be a better new mum influencer than her.

Someone give me a baby and I'll show her how it's done.
Sensible, logical people would really doubt regarding her real intention for having a baby.
For her, everything is all about social media, 'likes', views, content, attention and bandwagoning.

Reactions: 8
Congratulations! I recently went through my Instagram and unfollowed every account that made me feel bad about myself or that I had to change myself to be happy. Most of my feed is now mostly cooking and dogs bit it makes me so much happier! So I say go ahead and unfollow Mel.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Don’t know where to even start with yesterday’s stories but if she REALLY wanted to encourage breastfeeding (which is bleeping hard) then she could share any of the amazing Irish IBCLC’s on Instagram for an informative, helpful view. But she has no interest in being helpful, she just wants to show off and shame others.

Huge congrats on your baby! The first weeks of breastfeeding are so hard and nobody really talks about how tough it is after a traumatic birth. I got some good latch tips from
@nicola_lactationconsultant on Instagram. My baby wouldn’t latch on one side due to forceps.
Anyway sorry for derailing the thread!

Back to Melanie, I’m going to have to unfollow soon, she’s just getting worse and worse every day.

Reactions: 3
o
Yes, Melanie and Thomas have said so themselves in a video.
Yikes! How awkward to share that with her followers. I wonder what Thomas' or Mel's reaction was to that comment? Maybe that shows how MIL feels, and hence all that time spent in the attic rather than downstairs 😒

Reactions: 3
o

Yikes! How awkward to share that with her followers. I wonder what Thomas' or Mel's reaction was to that comment? Maybe that shows how MIL feels, and hence all that time spent in the attic rather than downstairs 😒
Yes!
It's this video if anyone hasn't seen it, at 7:55 roughly.

Reactions: 6
Em Melanie you're not the only woman to lose hair after having a child and it's not because of the 'trauma' you went through, like your followers have said (I highly doubt anyone said that to her). It's because women don't lose any hair when they are pregnant and then it all falls out in the few weeks after giving birth, you're losing 9 months worth of hair that should've fallen out all at once. Amazing how her research didn't tell her this.

Yes!
It's this video if anyone hasn't seen it, at 7:55 roughly.
Oh my God I would be mortified if my mother in law said something like that about me

Reactions: 10
Umm, excuse me, the apartment I live in with my boyfriend is by no means big but I can find room to workout, there's plenty of videos on YouTube with workouts for tiny apartments and apartment friendly workouts in general, that excuse is bullshit!
If there's enough room for you to move around the apartment I reckon there's enough room to put down an exercise/yoga mat which is all you need for most home workouts anyway.

Wait

Wait so they kissed and started casually dating when they were both seeing other people? Maybe I understood wrong. It's at 1:56.
I think she's referring to a night out before they actually kissed? But maybe I'm getting that wrong.
Regardless, they've said (I don't know if it's this video or a different one) that if they're ever both single at the same time they'd make it happen (they said that to each other before they got together). Which is such a weird thing to say to someone when you're already in a relationship with someone else?? Why would I think about a potential next partner when I'm already in a relationship? If I found out my boyfriend said that to a girl I'd leave him because that just shows they aren't committed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I'm actually so mad they're using the mental health card right now.
Want to help people who are struggling? STOP with your bullshit theories, your COVID denying and anti-mask stance, people are going to suffer mentally from losing loved ones to the virus!! Share links and numbers to suicide prevention hotlines and any other website that might help people find the help they need, advocate for speedy allocation of therapy placements for those who need them desperately, in most countries it takes months for people to be seen by a therapist/mental health professional, that is an actual issue! Help remove the stigma from mental illness, people with mental health issues are still so misunderstood, it's painful. Please stop saying we need gyms right now, no one's going to die because they can't weightlift right now, there's so many alternatives!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Em Melanie you're not the only woman to lose hair after having a child and it's not because of the 'trauma' you went through, like your followers have said (I highly doubt anyone said that to her). It's because women don't lose any hair when they are pregnant and then it all falls out in the few weeks after giving birth, you're losing 9 months worth of hair that should've fallen out all at once. Amazing how her research didn't tell her this.

Oh my God I would be mortified if my mother in law said something like that about me
To be fair to Mel, she did mention both the trauma and the not losing hair during pregnancy her stories.

Reactions: 1
Jesus Melanie don't pull a muscle trying to make your narrative fit. 😂

Where were all the mental health resources for people affected by Covid on your SM if you care sososo much about mental health during the pandemic??

Ah right too busy shitting on about how it was affecting you, promoting herd immunity and deleting comments calling you out.

BTW.....2014 called they said they want their tacky ombre back.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Umm, excuse me, the apartment I live in with my boyfriend is by no means big but I can find room to workout, there's plenty of videos on YouTube with workouts for tiny apartments and apartment friendly workouts in general, that excuse is bullshit!
If there's enough room for you to move around the apartment I reckon there's enough room to put down an exercise/yoga mat which is all you need for most home workouts anyway.

I think she's referring to a night out before they actually kissed? But maybe I'm getting that wrong.
Regardless, they've said (I don't know if it's this video or a different one) that if they're ever both single at the same time they'd make it happen (they said that to each other before they got together). Which is such a weird thing to say to someone when you're already in a relationship with someone else?? Why would I think about a potential next partner when I'm already in a relationship? If I found out my boyfriend said that to a girl I'd leave him because that just shows they aren't committed.
I don't have a problem with businesses trading as long as they can follow the rules and make it as safe as possible .but that gym looks really small so couldn't trade safely . like someone said move the classes online that way he'd still be able to make money and people could join in whatever classes suited them.I follow an influencer that does an outdoor bootcamp and that's exactly what she's looking into doing even though she's got lots of outdoor space and could accommodate people but she's decided to stick to the rules .As you've all said a good walk is as good for clearing the head as a ton of weights .

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.