Melanie Murphy #4 Covid denier, constant liar, content's dire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just can't believe she's putting up a self congratulatory post digging for compliments while her sister is struggling?

God if that was my sister I would be a bit more mindful especially when you feel how Jessie does now, you tend you feel like the whole world is moving on without you.

Jessie made a great video, maybe share that on your grid instead of your ego driven BS.

My heart goes out to Jess. It's really hard to see someone struggle like that. I'm glad she's home with her parents at least.
Totally agree. I often see people bagging Jessie because they think her style is tacky or that she is annoying... and maybe to some she is but I have always enjoyed her content. She wears her heart on her sleeve, she is super vulnerable and always shows that to be human is to make mistakes, change your mind, grow and admit it. I love her vulnerability. I feel so sorry for her. She struggles with serious depression and then you have Melanie who doesn't believe in anti-depressants because her depression was situational. Imagine having a sister like Melanie. Ugh

Can you explain the last line, "But she was a very sheltered young girl playing at being an adult" - is this your speculation or did something come out about her?

I have a lot more empathy for Jessica than Melanie, because of course if you see your big sister having widespread success then you'll follow in those footsteps (particularly when it comes with advantages like book deals, and other things people only wish for). I'm not sure if the disliking of Jess is due to her age, or her advice, but I guess I don't think it's right to automatically assume she's sheltered / naive based on those things - if that's what your assumption is. I'm probably projecting to a certain extent though as I'm sick to my teeth of having my opinions invalidated due to my age.

I think it's always tricky when there are half siblings at play, particularly when your older sister clearly doesn't really love you all that much. From an armchair psychologist's perspective, she's copied her content to try and connect with her.
You put exactly what I wanted to say so eloquently. I agree 10000%. I think it is unproductive and futile disliking Jessie and criticizing petty things like clothing or even deeper stuff like her advice because she is young.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I like Jessie. I think she's a good role model for younger girls. I know when I was between 15 and 17, I related more to influencers in their early twenties more than those later in life. I thought they had a plethora of knowledge to share because of how shaping the years between 18 and 21 can be. I get that it can be grating as you get older to see 21 year old's claim they know everything, but to someone a couple years younger, there can be a lot to learn from people like Jessie

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think it all depends on how mature you are for your age ,you can have 17 yr olds that have the mentality of someone much older and are quite responsible ,but on the other hand you can have 17 yr olds that are very immature and still could do with a bit of guidance that's why influencers need to be aware of what they're putting out there .

Reactions: 4
I think it all depends on how mature you are for your age ,you can have 17 yr olds that have the mentality of someone much older and are quite responsible ,but on the other hand you can have 17 yr olds that are very immature and still could do with a bit of guidance that's why influencers need to be aware of what they're putting out there .
I agree with you. I guess I just see it that we should treat people the same regardless of age - e.g. some aduts are immature, some teens are mature and vice versa. Unless something has come out about Jessica lying or spreading dangerous information (Melanie style) then I think it's good she's offering advice to younger audiences who potentially can't directly relate to older content creators.

Reactions: 2
I agree with you. I guess I just see it that we should treat people the same regardless of age - e.g. some aduts are immature, some teens are mature and vice versa. Unless something has come out about Jessica lying or spreading dangerous information (Melanie style) then I think it's good she's offering advice to younger audiences who potentially can't directly relate to older content creators.
Oh yes I agree with you .I don't follow her so I don't know what's she putting out there ? it's just in regards to influencers (in general ) putting stuff out that involves things on a more intimate scale it can be very damaging for some .If young people look up and aspire to be like them it can lead to all sorts of problems, but on the flip side it can have a positive effect on some young people if they don't feel they can confide in anyone else ..That's why they need to be aware and not just put any old tit out there,not all of their audience will view it in the same way .

Reactions: 1
Melanie stating in her comments on most recent insta that she wants to be a lecturer in her 40s. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you need to have or be working towards a PhD to do that? States she's going to do her masters this decade. But I guess between that and all her children she's going to have it'll be hard to find time to get to PhD level..

Attachments

Melanie stating in her comments on most recent insta that she wants to be a lecturer in her 40s. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you need to have or be working towards a PhD to do that? States she's going to do her masters this decade. But I guess between that and all her children she's going to have it'll be hard to find time to get to PhD level..
a lecturer in what? What could she possibly be qualified to teach? You need a PhD which takes average 5 years and then they look for years of experience, so unless her “lecturing” is on online business (which, to be fair she’s not a failure at) then I don’t really see what else she could teach. I’ve considered lecturing eventually myself but the contracts, if you even manage to get one are shite and are on a semester to semester basis.

good luck to her though for thinking of backup options, I guess 🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I thought someone said she didn’t even qualify as a teacher? I don’t know much about her life prior to her birthing the pandemic baby but if she has the family she’s planning she’ll never find the time.

You need a masters and the intention of doing a PHD. You also need to be experienced in the area. What is she experienced in? Googling?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I thought someone said she didn’t even qualify as a teacher? I don’t know much about her life prior to her birthing the pandemic baby but if she has the family she’s planning she’ll never find the time.
she didn’t. She qualified in Education, she’ll have to do her MA/HDIP to be a secondary school teacher. Universities don’t look at you unless you’ve a PhD, which takes roughly 3-5 years and then you need bucket loads of experience in that sector to even get considered.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
No she's not qualified to teach. In her education degree you have to do an add on year which allows you to register with the board of education to teach further education. Melanie didn't do the add on year so isn't registered to teach.

So all her talk about being a teacher and being educated to teach is BS. I don't know how she has the gall to lie about something like that.

Attachments

• Wow
I've never really liked Jessie's style but I've always loved how genuine she is compared to melanie like her vlogs felt like you were watching as friend...she defo seems like she actually has mental health struggles and she's very open about it I think melanie may resent her because her mum and Jessie's dad are together and she's the child of divorce which doesn't suit her big Irish family rubbish

No she's not qualified to teach. In her education degree you have to do an add on year which allows you to register with the board of education to teach further education. Melanie didn't do the add on year so isn't registered to teach.

So all her talk about being a teacher and being educated to teach is BS. I don't know how she has the gall to lie about something like that.
So she’ll have to study for years if she’s to become a lecturer? How will she even fund it she said they’re broke. Thomas’s loan cancels out her savings she said 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Wow
  • Haha
So she’ll have to study for years if she’s to become a lecturer? How will she even fund it she said they’re broke. Thomas’s loan cancels out her savings she said 🤷🏼‍♀️

Yes even if she did the additional year and registered- her particular degree is not extensive enough to teach at that high level of teaching. She would, like @Chinesewhispers and @justwannaseethepictures said- Melanie would need years of study to lecture at that level.

Reactions: 8
Sorry, very new here but couldn’t find the answer anywhere!

Do we have a name for Melanie’s baby yet?

Is it Pan?!

Reactions: 1
Sorry, very new here but couldn’t find the answer anywhere!

Do we have a name for Melanie’s baby yet?

Is it Pan?!
No .she’s not revealing his name for privacy reasons .Pan is his alias short for pandemic baby

I can see Mel being the kind of person who will try to downplay some else's problems to them or use anything her sister says as an excuse to bring up some of her own supposed issues or problems and make everything about herself as per usual. I don't think she has the self awareness or empathy to be a pillar of support for anyone else. In any case I hope her sister gets the help she needs, it's really concerning to see her like that

• Heart
I guess I'm glad she's not gone full right-wing traditional nutcase?
I was thinking she might after the birth of Pan honestly.
Yet! 😅I only put it up as it gives more of an insight into her thoughts on the unborn as there were a lot of bewilderment as to why she doesn’t favour interventions if it was for the good of the child and as we see from that they’re just a fetus and the mum is more important...plus I thought her reply to the comment was very cutting

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.