Melanie Murphy #4 Covid denier, constant liar, content's dire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she said she wanted to tear naturally rather than be cut. I would have imagined that wanting to tear "naturally" would lead to worse ripping and tearing than a controlled cut. maybe someone can help clarify is tearing naturally something that many women opt for or was that just melanie trying to avoid something just because it's a medical intervention? ๐Ÿค”
Tears tend to heal better then an epis, plus there is always a risk with an epis that they can extend. However third and fourth degree tears are more complicated and include the anal sphincter so an epis would be preferable to that.

I'd rather tear then have an epis. Also I've had three kids and the worst part of anya of it was being catheterised when I was having a haemorrhage. It bleeping hurt. However normally if they are doing a spinal prior to an instrumental we put an indwelling catheter in after the spinal as its more comfortable.

The first thing I was told when I went to register at the birth unit/hospital where I am hoping to give birth (any day now :p) was that they encourage me to have an idea about what I would like to happen in an ideal case, and that they will do what they can to keep my preferences in mind, but that sometimes baby goes into distress, or the mother is in danger, and that they cannot guarantee that they will be able to talk me through all the options under such circumstances. I can't believe nobody ever told Mel that during all her antenatal visits (or that common sense wouldn't have told her as much?)? It seems to be such a no brainer - things needed to happen fast for baby's sake and hers; no time to explain all the ins and outs (sorry) of forceps vs vacuum vs c section.
Exactly. And yes she may have felt able to push because she was 'awake for 100 hours post birth' but that doesn't mean baby would have tolerated it. Often when a Dr examines at that stage it is to check position and dilitation but also potentially to stimulate baby if their heart rate isn't doing what they expect. If there was any concern re baby's heart rate, due to prolonged labour or position and being unable to descend, intervention would have been needed, as is the case here. I can't be sure, obviously, but her stating only about herself is a narrow view of the whole clinical picture and dismisses all the knowledge and safety obstetricians and midwives will have. The fact the Dr was in the room shows there was cause for concern, if it was straightforward, a midwife ordinarily can manage the room.

Reactions: 6
Tears tend to heal better then an epis, plus there is always a risk with an epis that they can extend. However third and fourth degree tears are more complicated and include the anal sphincter so an epis would be preferable to that.

I'd rather tear then have an epis. Also I've had three kids and the worst part of anya of it was being catheterised when I was having a haemorrhage. It bleeping hurt. However normally if they are doing a spinal prior to an instrumental we put an indwelling catheter in after the spinal as its more comfortable.
So she would've had the spinal before the catheter ? I know I had the epidural before the catheter ..what's the difference in a spinal and an epi ..asking for a friend:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1
So she would've had the spinal before the catheter ? I know I had the epidural before the catheter ..what's the difference in a spinal and an epi ..asking for a friend:ROFLMAO:
That's how we would do it where I work but I wasn't there so I don't know the circumstances. Doctors usually catherterise before instrumental to ensure bladder is empty so may use an in/out to do so. A nice medic would use instilagel to numb the area but some are bastards and sometimes it's an emergency and we don't have time. For an indwelling that's usually used when the woman has spinal or epidural (or is very ill and we need to monitor urine output). We normally wait till the spinal is in before putting it in but again if it's an emergency it may be done beforehand.

Spinal is where thee is a single injection of anaesthetic into the spinal fluid space. Its quick and what tends to be used for sections or instrumentals in theatre. Epidural is where a small catheter is placed into the epidural space, and stays in place until birth is over. You can top up an epidural. Disclaimer I'm not an anesthetist ๐Ÿ˜‚

Reactions: 7
They can do a catheter without a spinal or epi, which according to her video is the case, the catheter was placed when in the room so yes she could have felt it, but also we advise you use the hypnobirthing techniques she would have to help relax her while it was placed. Where she said it kept going in and out, perhaps it was an 'in out catheter' which is used just to drain urine to make room for baby to descend at the time, but with them suspecting need for intervention I would imagine it was an in dwelling one, which again can be placed without any pain relief. The difference between spinal and epi involve the placement of the pain relief and therefore the effects, I would guess they opted for the spinal as Melanie had consented to a section if all possibilities were exhausted (like her) and so by doing a spinal straight away, it means they don't have to site an epi and then do more to site a spinal. Just speculating though.

Reactions: 1
That's how we would do it where I work but I wasn't there so I don't know the circumstances. Doctors usually catherterise before instrumental to ensure bladder is empty so may use an in/out to do so. A nice medic would use instilagel to numb the area but some are bastards and sometimes it's an emergency and we don't have time. For an indwelling that's usually used when the woman has spinal or epidural (or is very ill and we need to monitor urine output). We normally wait till the spinal is in before putting it in but again if it's an emergency it may be done beforehand.

Spinal is where thee is a single injection of anaesthetic into the spinal fluid space. Its quick and what tends to be used for sections or instrumentals in theatre. Epidural is where a small catheter is placed into the epidural space, and stays in place until birth is over. You can top up an epidural. Disclaimer I'm not an anesthetist ๐Ÿ˜‚
We're just trying to figure out when it took place we know she had it before the forceps because she was getting primed for the section and then they changed their mind

Reactions: 2
We're just trying to figure out when it took place we know she had it before the forceps because she was getting primed for the section and then they changed their mind
I don't know this person (I was searching for something and came across this ๐Ÿ˜‚). But I am guessing they used an in out in the room (to aid descent???), then took her to theatre for trial (trying instrumental before section of necessary). Then gave her a spinal, forceps and she'd have had an indwelling put in after birth whilst the spinal was working off). That's the only thing I can think of going on what I read on here.

It's been a while I've been in theatre, I'm an mlu midwife normally ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It's a voluntary organisation, led by consumers NOT medical professionals. My own personal opinion, but I think these doulas and gentle-birth companies have a lot to answer for; they set this expectation that birth is always easy and that it shouldn't be medicalised, but to not recognise that the medicalisation of childbirth in Ireland is the reason why infant and maternal morbidity has decreased significantly is just ridiculous. Also, just a thought, they are charging money for people to attend their courses and use their services, so pushing a non-medical approach seems a bit to me like a money-spinner. I just wish they were more realistic about childbirth - yeah, use hypnobirthing or whatever, but the obstetrician is the expert!!! I think Melanie pushing this agenda is just dangerous.

I am so infuriated by the tit she is spouting. She says that she "researched" everything, but then said in the comments that she wasn't informed of the possible side effects - surely she could have been asking her obstetrician about these things at her prenatal appointments rather than googling everything and thinking she's an expert on pregnancy and childbirth :mad: Also, why did she think they wouldn't let her birth at the midwife led unit with a big baby?! Clearly because they thought there was a likelihood that she would need intervention in delivering the baby, and I'd be reluctant to believe that they didn't discuss this with her when she was told she was being transferred to the hospital :rolleyes:

Also, she's essentially accusing the doctor of sexual assault the way that she is verbalising it in her responses to people? I wonder if that is how she is going to frame it in her formal complaint that she is making?

One of the owners of a hypnobirthing company came on here defending Melanie. She was also on another forum here on tattle for anxious soon to be mother's selling her app and various equipment without disclosing or stating that it was her own company.

Money grabbers and yes positive thinking and autonomy matters but like you said they double down on actual medical advice it's all very cultish and an us vs them mentality.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I don't know this person (I was searching for something and came across this ๐Ÿ˜‚). But I am guessing they used an in out in the room (to aid descent???), then took her to theatre for trial (trying instrumental before section of necessary). Then gave her a spinal, forceps and she'd have had an indwelling put in after birth whilst the spinal was working off). That's the only thing I can think of going on what I read on here.

It must have been me willing you over here I wanted to ask you on the other thread but didn't want to derail and you've no chat feature on you're account ๐Ÿ˜‚ she said they were giving her a suction cup and then a section but just produced the forceps without her agreeing to it

• Haha
Reactions: 4

I'd agree with this tbh. And as Chinese whispers said, her notes will have documented it all so if she does challenge it, it'll be evidenced with timings and reasonings.

Reactions: 2
It mush have been me willing you over here I wanted to ask you on the other thread but didn't want to derail and you've no chat feature on you're account ๐Ÿ˜‚
It's like I knew. I've got no chat feature because I've been naughty.

I will also say its very normal for women to get events of their birth muddled, a lot can happen very quickly and put into the mix drugs, tiredness and anxiety etc.

I will also say its very normal for women to get events of their birth muddled, a lot can happen very quickly and put into the mix drugs, tiredness and anxiety etc.
OOhh ! not with Raabb I hope ๐Ÿ˜‚ ,,,Yeah on her birth vid she's telling a different story to her to what she said previously ? that's what we're trying to figure out as she's making a lot of allegations against the medical staff after previously singing their praises.

• Haha

I agree with this..there was plenty of things I'd forgotten about both my labours and births (which both happened at the same place mad melanie gave birth)until my husband reminded months later..of course her birth was going to be difficult, every birth is difficult but I think she was looking for an OK magazine cover with the amount of rubbish she was talking.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I agree with this..there was plenty of things I'd forgotten about both my labours and births (which both happened at the same place mad melanie gave birth)until my husband reminded months later..of course her birth was going to be difficult, every birth is difficult but I think she was looking for an OK magazine cover with the amount of rubbish she was talking.
Mad Melanie ๐Ÿ˜‚ new tread contender

Pity she lies so much if she didn't we might believe a morsel that comes out of her mouth ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

Iโ€™d just like to take the time to say thank you to all the key workers/healthcare professionals etc on this forum. You could be Irish, Welsh, Polish, Iranian who cares...youโ€™re all blaaady marvellous humans ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ.

I agree about not remembering 100% but she just couldnโ€™t keep quiet until sheโ€™d had time/talks to remember things better! Narcissistic plum, just peddling her victim narrative ๐Ÿ™„. Her โ€˜evidenceโ€™ and reposting viewers/doulas perspectives is just confirmation bias.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
So they did tell her about the forceps and she enjoyed the Labour
E9712CCE-E439-4CEE-AF49-B4F11B5F9CE7.jpeg
73B431BE-6BE6-4C9D-A3DC-214AF764C9AA.jpeg

• Sick
  • Heart
@LurkingInHere

YES to everything you said!!! Labour is intense and painful. There is something so primal about it and I think hypnobirthing and the mantras def helped me to not feel as overwhelmed as I may have done and I think it clearly helped Melanie. But a definite side effect is women feeling traumatised or hard done by or confused when things didn't go the way they envisioned.

She has every right to complain if consent was not given or to ask questions at her check up about what went down in the delivery but why isn't she asking the question- why did you deem it necessary to use forceps? Why is she on a fact finding mission about complications associated with forceps delivery. It is self indulgent BS to suit a narrative that is based on unrealistic expectations. It is like she scans social media looking for trending issues and perspectives and then attaches herself to them to seek validation. It is incredibly disingenuous - the word 'thirsty' is the most apt description. She of course is not the only one but she came onto my radar because my young nieces follow her and were parroting some dribble about PMS parties and I have followed her since (amongst others they follow) so I know what they are exposed to and can challenge it. It has been an education for sure. As a teacher, mother and aunty, I desperately hope the age of "influencers" ends soon because the problem is they do have influence.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.