Melanie Murphy #17 The first woman ever to have ever been pregnant. Ever.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The way she is willing to put all of her faith in a doula as a “birth expert” but won’t listen to or give credit to the actual doctors and midwives who deliver babies all day everyday
She had such a fixed idea of what a birth should be based on YouTube videos that she completely lost touch with reality. It’s the only point in most healthy peoples lives that you will be in a vulnerable position in hospital completely at the mercy of your own body. You cannot micromanage every single aspect of your birth, the baby is going to come out whatever way it comes out, and you need to work with your midwife to do that. Midwives have helped women “for centuries” - to quote Mels reasons for doing most things. But there was no way Mel was taking advice from anyone she perceived to have any authority, and definitely she wasn’t going to listen to another woman. This was supposed to be a story about how Mel did it all herself with just some hypnobirthing chants and a bathtub. She refused to allow them check the position of the baby, she refused an episiotomy to allow them control the tear, and she refused a blood transfusion. That was her choice absolutely. But when she was exhausted and sore after the birth that’s not automatically the hospitals fault. Childbirth is painful and exhausting, and one of the few times as a healthy person that you are completely out of control of your body. They just didn’t show that on whatever YouTube video she watched.

Her first birth blog after the pregnancy is titled “ Positive labour” . If you were suffering from horrible PTSD would you spend a few hours editing footage of that birth and then stick it up with a title with the word positive in it.

She’s that bereft of content that she has has to create this narrative of “Mel against the world”. She’s a liar, always.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Omg so much to unpack from that video.
1. The forceps thing. I had a forceps delivery it was discussed with me and given the careful nature of how they have to insert the forceps around babies head there is no bleeping way they just shoved forceps in her and yanked the baby out. If they did then they should absolutely be dragged through the coals but I don't believe that for a second!! I think she is traumatised from the pain. Forceps without pain relief is no joke and I genuinely think she was in so much pain everything was a blurr but will Mel admit that? Nope.
I also think baldy encourages this absolute nonsense chat going by the video.
2. Baldy- he definitely thinks he's better and smarter than Mel. He convinced her to not find out the sex the first time. I'm glad she's going against his wishes on this one. Screw you baldy.
3. The fact she let baldy convince her that more kids at this point when they have so much going on was a good idea. Idiots the pair of them. Fine for him who is barely going to be there!

Reactions: 10
Omg so much to unpack from that video.
1. The forceps thing. I had a forceps delivery it was discussed with me and given the careful nature of how they have to insert the forceps around babies head there is no bleeping way they just shoved forceps in her and yanked the baby out. If they did then they should absolutely be dragged through the coals but I don't believe that for a second!! I think she is traumatised from the pain. Forceps without pain relief is no joke and I genuinely think she was in so much pain everything was a blurr but will Mel admit that? Nope.
I also think baldy encourages this absolute nonsense chat going by the video.
2. Baldy- he definitely thinks he's better and smarter than Mel. He convinced her to not find out the sex the first time. I'm glad she's going against his wishes on this one. Screw you baldy.
3. The fact she let baldy convince her that more kids at this point when they have so much going on was a good idea. Idiots the pair of them. Fine for him who is barely going to be there!
She had pain relief though, she had a spinal block beforehand.

Reactions: 4
Yeah I had a forceps delivery after a looooong labour and I couldn’t feel a thing from the waist down incase they had to perform a c section.

Reactions: 2
I actually had to rewind the video to relisten to the part where Melanie was saying 'I don't want another haemorrhage/I don't want another tear' and he says-'I don't want to get kicked out of the hospital at 3 I'm the morning when I'm exhausted' 🤦‍♀️ Yeah.....that's the same..... I noticed she becomes submissive to him immediately-the whole thing is so tense and uncomfortable

They are both insufferable. If there are any pregnant ladies on this thread, I would avoid watching this video. Very negative and fear inducing content-no pregnant woman needs to listen to that shite, especially when it's coming out if these 2 pricks

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
I take my hats off to all of you who can make it through an entire video of the two of them. I had to turn it off after 60 seconds because I go the ick and couldn't take it.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I actually feel bad for her. Her husband is very manipulative and she is painfully submissive and dependent. When she talks about how "popping" all the kids now is a good idea so they can get their life back in the future, the first thing she mentions is the gym. so bizarre. Also when they talk about the positives of having children she only mentions herself and how much she grew and matured, nothing about the actual child or the family. so weird.

That video is definitely to be avoided if you are pregnant. Not a positive birth story in any way. Although she could have a different perspective if she trusted the medical stuff a bit. They didn’t want to her to have a big tear therefore offered the episiotomy and she would be likely to push that baby out herself if she agreed to it. They didn’t want her to feel anemic and wanted to help her with recovery from the bleeding, but she refused the blood transfusion.
In the end the baby was delivered safe and sound and that wasn’t mentioned at all.

A while ago someone said that Thomas is a normal enough guy when he’s not with Mel. They should watch the latest video and see how normal he is. I guess they both would have to be messed up to be with each other.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
They are both insufferable. If there are any pregnant ladies on this thread, I would avoid watching this video. Very negative and fear inducing content-no pregnant woman needs to listen to that shite, especially when it's coming out if these 2 pricks
I’m just ttc and even I avoided this video because it seems like drama for the sake of views.
I did try watching her “what you need to know before trying for a baby” and it was the last video of her’s I watched. It was so bad, useless “advice” and rambles of half understood things.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I actually feel bad for her. Her husband is very manipulative and she is painfully submissive and dependent. When she talks about how "popping" all the kids now is a good idea so they can get their life back in the future, the first thing she mentions is the gym. so bizarre. Also when they talk about the positives of having children she only mentions herself and how much she grew and matured, nothing about the actual child or the family. so weird.
Bless the child is all I can say ...

Reactions: 3
I just don’t believe her for a second that she wasn’t told about the forceps before they started using them. I think she is lying to make out it was more traumatic. Of course they told her about the forceps, every woman I know who had a forceps delivery was talked through it and told if it didn’t work after three tries they would have to prepare for an emergency section.

The way she is willing to put all of her faith in a doula as a “birth expert” but won’t listen to or give credit to the actual doctors and midwives who deliver babies all day everyday.
I find it hard to believe as well, as I was talked through it and told I’d be given a spinal in case the forceps failed and they needed to do an emergency c section. I barely remember it as I was high as a kite on gas and air but I do remember they got me to a sign a document and remember snippets of the doctor explaining what was gonna happen.

One thing that surprises me about Mel is that she doesn't show her sons meals. Now I've no interest in seeing them but 'earth mother' types are usually desperate to show the healthy, homemade rainbow of foods that they feed their kid all laid on some expensive bamboo plate thing. It makes me wonder what the child does eat?
The child probably lives off potato waffles and beans

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Not Mrs O'Rourke reposting unverified information from askmenreddit 🥴🥴🥴🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I always remember Mel talking about her childbirth and talking about how she felt dismissed by the male doctor and how he made her experience horrible and then her husband just says “oh but I had a chat with him in the hall, he seemed like a cool guy”. Such an unsupportive partner.

Mel was talking about being tears because of this man and he basically told her she’s wrong.

“Thomas thinks we should pop them all out and then we can get back to ourselves and go to the gym and travel” … um, where are all these kids gonna be then? Because it’s a lot harder to travel with 4 kids than with 1.

Do they mean after all of their kids have grown up and moved out? They just seem to have the idea that giving birth to the kids is the only exhausting part.

I always remember Mel talking about her childbirth and talking about how she felt dismissed by the male doctor and how he made her experience horrible and then her husband just says “oh but I had a chat with him in the hall, he seemed like a cool guy”. Such an unsupportive partner.

Mel was talking about being tears because of this man and he basically told her she’s wrong.

“Thomas thinks we should pop them all out and then we can get back to ourselves and go to the gym and travel” … um, where are all these kids gonna be then? Because it’s a lot harder to travel with 4 kids than with 1.

Do they mean after all of their kids have grown up and moved out? They just seem to have the idea that giving birth to the kids is the only exhausting part.
to me it seems like they think they have to have children. cant really remember melanie ever talking about wanting children before she met baldy (cant even remember his name, lol). i guess she wants the *perfect* cookie cutter life (but also being original and the only one that's done it before), cause it looks good on social media.

i think they are talking about life after children, so the sooner they have children, the sooner they move out. does that make sense? to me it seems weird to think that way, but it doesn't surprise me that they do. they don't seem to be able to enjoy what is happening now, but they are constantly looking to the future.

Reactions: 9
to me it seems like they think they have to have children. cant really remember melanie ever talking about wanting children before she met baldy (cant even remember his name, lol). i guess she wants the *perfect* cookie cutter life (but also being original and the only one that's done it before), cause it looks good on social media.

i think they are talking about life after children, so the sooner they have children, the sooner they move out. does that make sense? to me it seems weird to think that way, but it doesn't surprise me that they do. they don't seem to be able to enjoy what is happening now, but they are constantly looking to the future.
Which will be never if they’re anything like her, her Da is still taking care of her, I bet he makes dinner when he comes home from work and takes over the childcare.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It feels bad if you’re already longingly thinking about life after children before you’ve even had them.

Are they even excited to raise multiple children for the next 20 years of their lives?

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t really hear them talking about the things they want to teach their children or do with them etc.

It’s just ticking a box so that they can be the traditional Irish family.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.