Melanie Murphy #13 Madame Bovary and her gammy ovary, PCOS or FOS?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find it odd that Thomas' parents have not offered to help him with his student debt.... they are wealthy... they have a nice and large home and stables..... maybe they weren't always wealthy but they're definitely middle class, upper I'd say. I find it weird that you would not offer to assist your son who is a new father pay off his debt, especially if you can. Maybe that's demanding and overstepping but I know I would do that for my kid if I could.
Same here. I thought they'd help him pay off his debt faster if only to get them out of their home sooner rather than later, I can't imagine how difficult it must be to live with her. She's also previously made snide comments about living there and come off as really ungrateful.

Funny that she thinks she manifested this SATC life. I'm not a huge fan of that show but isn't the basis of it about close female friendships? Which she seems to have none of. Her 'friendships' with other youtubers seem performative at best.

Reactions: 14
Same here. I thought they'd help him pay off his debt faster if only to get them out of their home sooner rather than later, I can't imagine how difficult it must be to live with her. She's also previously made snide comments about living there and come off as really ungrateful.

Funny that she thinks she manifested this SATC life. I'm not a huge fan of that show but isn't the basis of it about close female friendships? Which she seems to have none of. Her 'friendships' with other youtubers seem performative at best.
Yeah... It just sounds very gross to not help your kid who has a kid of his own to pay off his student debt. Like you'll let him live with you but you won't help him out with debts? Okay.....

She is an ungrateful piece of work. I wonder if she had a good talking to after her mini rude outbursts about living with the in laws.

Such a good point! She has 0 meaningful female friendships. She can't even have one with her own sister or mother. Melanie is such an anti social sod.

Reactions: 8
Yeah... It just sounds very gross to not help your kid who has a kid of his own to pay off his student debt. Like you'll let him live with you but you won't help him out with debts? Okay.....
Well, to follow up on that – it's quite gross that Melanie's father lives alone in a 3-bedroom house and makes her daughter – who currently has no place of her own and lives in an attic with her husband and her baby – contribute towards the rent. I know Melanie says that it's because she has her furniture in her old bedroom but come on :rolleyes: Get a smaller place and rent a storage unit for Melanie's tat, it's really not that difficult.

Yeah, I also find it strange that they didn't seem to have helped him with the cost for school to start with.

Or maybe, just maybe, his parents DID pay part of the debt off this past year. After all she bragged how he paid "loads" off during Covid when he supposedly had almost no income.
Or they're pissed at them and didnt. I mean, imagine being in their position. Your son and his wife and their child live in your house in the attic that has been reformed for them, while they save towards a house. All the while they pay, according to Melanie, 800€ a month, towards a huge house her dad can't afford alone to "keep her furniture there". That would make me less inclined to pay off the debt quite honestly. Especially if I saw how they portrayed the home you gave them to the press, how she went on and on about her savings and how she bragged about being a six figure earning part time working Youtuber. All the while saying she had no help with her baby.

Reactions: 11
Maybe I'm wrong here but just my personal feeling- I don't think it should be up to Thomas's parents to help pay for a career he chose? He's an adult man? Regardless of how much money they may have.

If I turned around to either of my parents tommorow and told them ( as an adult mind you) that I want to be a pilot... like yeah they would support me- but I wouldn't expect them to shoulder the finances. Allowing them to live rent free in a large attic conversion to help them save was kind enough... without that form of help Mel and Thomas would never have been in a position to save nearly as much.

Imo once you hit your twenties your financial decisions and burdens are your own as an adult.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Maybe I'm wrong here but just my personal feeling- I don't think it should be up to Thomas's parents to help pay for a career he chose? He's an adult man? Regardless of how much money they may have.

If I turned around to either of my parents tommorow and told them ( as an adult mind you) that I want to be a pilot... like yeah they would support me- but I wouldn't expect them to shoulder the finances. Allowing them to live rent free in a large attic conversion to help them save was kind enough... without that form of help Mel and Thomas would never have been in a position to save nearly as much.

Imo once you hit your twenties your financial decisions and burdens are your own as an adult.
That's definitely true. There isn't any obligation on them to do that.
I guess I just would be willing to do whatever it takes to get them out of there hahahha

• Haha

I agree to an extent. While I think that adults should make their own financial decisions, I think it's kind of odd if parents don't help out at all if they have plenty of money and their child is struggling. But like you said – letting them live in their house (which they renovated to accommodate them) rent-free is helping them out a lot already.

Furthermore, I would be hesitant to pay off someone's debt if they were spending money left and right. Let's not forget that in the past year or so, this couple has bought a relatively new car (while the other one does not even have a driver's license), had a hair transplant, were going to have a big wedding... It's like not they are dead broke, they've chosen not to pay off the debt.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Well, to follow up on that – it's quite gross that Melanie's father lives alone in a 3-bedroom house and makes her daughter – who currently has no place of her own and lives in an attic with her husband and her baby – contribute towards the rent. I know Melanie says that it's because she has her furniture in her old bedroom but come on :rolleyes: Get a smaller place and rent a storage unit for Melanie's tat, it's really not that difficult.
Yea I don’t get why she’s paying rent for a 3 bed property and there’s only one person living there but the 3 of them are living in an attic? If she’s already paying rent they may as well live there? Surely that would make more sense. She’s paying for a 3 bed property for 1 person, baffles me

Reactions: 9

Agreed. Plus, if Melanie is to be believed, she’s offered paying off (part of) his debt but he wouldn’t let her, so I could imagine that his parents offered but he turned down their offer.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have a slightly different perspective on this situation because the way I see it there are two additional factors at play:
- First off, Baldy isn’t an only child.. he has siblings (not sure how many, but I think it’s two from what I can remember). If his parents dish out 100K+ to pay off his debt his other siblings will expect the same favour to be done for them. For all we know his other siblings may also have their own student debt/mortgages etc. to pay and the parents simply can’t sustain all of those costs. There are people who are asset rich (as in the own a lot of property, physical assets) but relatively liquidity poor (they don’t have hundreds of thousands floating around on their bank accounts at any given time). It isn’t totally unreasonable to think that his parents just weren’t in a position to take on this financial burden and therefore told him that it was his cross to bear.
- Secondly, my brother was going to become an airline pilot and almost did - so I know something about how these training schemes work. You can pay for the training costs (which are huge, 100K and upwards) upfront OR you opt to pay them “as you go”. I.e. the airline deducts them from your salary as you start working. You still earn something but a significant portion goes to paying off your debt. Now, if you’re a young single guy it’s a price that is payable - yeah, you earn less, but who cares if you only have yourself to maintain. For Baldy it’s not such a great situation, even less so when another significant portion of his income will be going towards a massive mortgage 🤦🏻‍♀️ Obviously he is VERY optimistic about his earning potential.. He’s really banking on climbing the ladder and bagging a hefty wage. Problem is that it is very hard to do. I have one friend who is a captain earning a very good wage, but it literally took him 15 years (and a lot of saving/working crazy hours) to get there. I do not see this panning out well for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

If I turned around to either of my parents tomorrow and told them ( as an adult mind you) that I want to be a pilot... like yeah they would support me- but I wouldn't expect them to shoulder the finances. Allowing them to live rent free in a large attic conversion to help them save was kind enough... without that form of help Mel and Thomas would never have been in a position to save nearly as much.

I can see where you are coming from, especially, now that you mention the rent free thing. The parents are being very generous on that point. However, like you, just personally, if I had the means I would help my kid out and I would pay their university debts but that's purely my personal view due to my own upbringing and culture. I just think if you can help, help, no matter the age. BUT, letting someone live rent free in your home is more than generous, especially when one of them are so ungrateful about it online.

I find the fact that her father is making her pay rent is disgusting. If you can't afford to pay it on your own, move somewhere smaller and cheaper. I could never do that to my child, especially if they had a kid and had such a crappy job like Melanie. I understand that people do it rough, trust me, I know and I would do anything to help my parents but I know they'd never do that to me because it is gross.

Yea I don’t get why she’s paying rent for a 3 bed property and there’s only one person living there but the 3 of them are living in an attic? If she’s already paying rent they may as well live there? Surely that would make more sense. She’s paying for a 3 bed property for 1 person, baffles me
You're right. Why doesn't she just live in the house with her dad, she's sooooo close to him and is paying the rent. It makes no sense. She makes no sense, I think there's deeper issues as to why she won't live there.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Someone made a comment on here about mels squint smile and low and behold the girl has made an instant story about her squint smile....if I wanted to act like I didn't care what other people thought I wouldn't be so blatantly obvious that I read these kinds of websites about myself.
What a loser

• Haha
Reactions: 13
This I actually do understand. I assume the dads 3 bed though is a small terrace/semi-D in an estate or on an older row of houses, typical of what does be up for rent in Ireland?? They’re usually like 90-100m2 max I think. Whereas Thomas’s folks are clearly well off and live in a large self build, previously extended. Larger rooms and extra rooms no doubt. Not that I agree with the approach of paying for one parents accommodation and living basically rent free off another…I’m sure Thomas’s parents would much prefer the rent Mels paying for her dads place to go to them! But I see why they chose the larger house to live in if they were going to choose one of the two

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
But that actress doesn’t have a squint smile she has a smirk. It’s completely different 😂

• Haha
Screenshot_20210907-134432.png

Why does she refer to her as the character in a series and not her real name? She's not Margaery Tyrell, she's Natalie Dormer. Why can't Melanie ever refer to real life people? Why always fictional characters? Does she think this makes her quirky and different?

Everything that woman does pisses me off 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
View attachment 749975
Why does she refer to her as the character in a series and not her real name? She's not Margaery Tyrell, she's Natalie Dormer. Why can't Melanie ever refer to real life people? Why always fictional characters? Does she think this makes her quirky and different?

Everything that woman does pisses me off 🤣
She didn’t even use a photo that shows off Natalies ‘wonky’ smile! So many options she could have used!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 10
This I actually do understand. I assume the dads 3 bed though is a small terrace/semi-D in an estate or on an older row of houses, typical of what does be up for rent in Ireland?? They’re usually like 90-100m2 max I think. Whereas Thomas’s folks are clearly well off and live in a large self build, previously extended. Larger rooms and extra rooms no doubt. Not that I agree with the approach of paying for one parents accommodation and living basically rent free off another…I’m sure Thomas’s parents would much prefer the rent Mels paying for her dads place to go to them! But I see why they chose the larger house to live in if they were going to choose one of the two
I can understand if the in laws house is bigger and maybe they have more space there but surely your wasting more money that you could be saving by paying 2 lots of rent on 2 different properties. I’m near sure shes said somewhere that they pay the in-laws €800 for rent which I dunno if that’s true but then she’s also paying rent for a property her dad is living in which she doesn’t even live in, that’s the main part that doesn’t really make sense to me, especially when their supposedly in debt and trying to currently get money up for a deposit to buy a house

Reactions: 7
She's putting that wonky smile on to be quirky ala zoella and her duck pout.

In Mel's normal posts she hasn't got a hint of wonkyness. Anything to be a quirky queen.

20210907_131653.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
I can understand if the in laws house being bigger and maybe they have more space there but surely your wasting more money that you could be saving by paying 2 lots of rent on 2 different properties and one of them you don’t even live in, that’s the main part that doesn’t really make sense to me, especially when their supposedly in debt and trying to currently get money up for a deposit to buy a house
Well the story at some point was that "it looked good to the bank" that she was paying rent somewhere. Whatever logic that is supposed to be.
She should just not share as much information on everyone's financial situation, in my opinion. As someone (I forget who, apologies) said on this thread before, I'm more informed on her financial status than many of my good friends tbh. And not only hers, we know how much rent her dad's place is as well. How much he can afford, how much she chips in etc etc etc. We know that, according to her, some people in her family don't want to be where they are and don't have the resources to move. Yet she's adamant that privacy is so so important to her for her child. I wonder if her family knows how much of their personal information on finances she shares.

Btw, her saying that her relatives can't move and her father can't afford housing, directly goes against her own argument that a generation ago buying a house in Dublin was easy as pie 🤣🤣🤣
But who am I to point out the constant contradictions in the things she says?

• Heart
I can understand if the in laws house is bigger and maybe they have more space there but surely your wasting more money that you could be saving by paying 2 lots of rent on 2 different properties. I’m near sure shes said somewhere that they pay the in-laws €800 for rent which I dunno if that’s true but then she’s also paying rent for a property her dad is living in which she doesn’t even live in, that’s the main part that doesn’t really make sense to me, especially when their supposedly in debt and trying to currently get money up for a deposit to buy a house
It’s definitely not a financially smart situation they’ve set up and maybe she feels she can’t back out now after offering to help pay her dads rent. He definitely should be renting out a room to someone instead of taking off his daughter though. He’d get someone in no problem.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.