Melanie Murphy #11 me neck, me back, I'm a hypochondriac

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thought of Thomas flying airplanes worries me immensely. I wouldn't even trust him to use power tools

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I think maybe she's realising that's why most people get their home/career established before they bring children into the mix, it makes decisions like hers a lot easier if there's no baby in tow .I can't see her move away from family she doesn't come across as secure in her role as a mother she's too dependant on others to be left alone in another country , she hasn't even had one night alone with the baby since he was born .
I agree so hard with this. I don't think Melanie has any intention of moving either but wants to make it look (to the outside) like she considering it.

She's started to reply to comments on the post. Someone commented "life is unpredictable and we need to be adaptive" Mel agreed, which i find hilarious because she refused to adapt to a cheaper house outside of skerries.

She will move back into her dad's I think, and Thomas will commute home. I don't think they are the mad happy couple Mel makes them out to be.

I also found this comment intriguing.
20210502_195529.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
There is absolutely no way Melly is moving from her precious skerries, she’d literally rather break up her family and be a single mom than consider it 🙄 it’s so absurd, you’d think she realized what she signed up for when she married the guy.

And like you all said, she could get a lot more bang for her buck in a house if she bit the bullet and moved to the UK. She needs to get over herself and actually do what’s best for her family instead of what’s the next checkpoint on her “vision board” or whatever

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I agree so hard with this. I don't think Melanie has any intention of moving either but wants to make it look (to the outside) like she considering it.

She's started to reply to comments on the post. Someone commented "life is unpredictable and we need to be adaptive" Mel agreed, which i find hilarious because she refused to adapt to a cheaper house outside of skerries.

She will move back into her dad's I think, and Thomas will commute home. I don't think they are the mad happy couple Mel makes them out to be.

I also found this comment intriguing.
View attachment 556697
If she had any intention of moving the thought of finding a room for Thomas wouldn't even enter her headspace they'd be full on looking for properties to rent straight away and getting things in place if they were going to make Manchester their base .

• Heart
Reactions: 13
If she had any intention of moving the thought of finding a room for Thomas wouldn't even enter her headspace they'd be full on looking for properties to rent straight away and getting things in place if they were going to make Manchester their base .
Exactly. Her job is online there's nothing stopping her at all, no excuses. That fact that they are entertaining Thomas finding a place to rent over there speaks volumes, especially with a baby. You'd want some sense of stability for the child and a Home which they don't really have in Ireland either as I can't see her sticking it out in the in laws for much longer with him in the U.K.

She said he doesn't start until July. With a baby, I'd be wanting to establish something asap and try get used to the area, find gyms, joins groups etc at least a month prior to making the move.

She has no intention of moving. What will her excuse be.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Exactly. Her job is online there's nothing stopping her at all, no excuses. That fact that they are entertaining Thomas finding a place to rent over there speaks volumes, especially with a baby. You'd want some sense of stability for the child and a Home which they don't really have in Ireland either as I can't see her sticking it out in the in laws for much longer with him in the U.K.

She said he doesn't start until July. With a baby, I'd be wanting to establish something asap and try get used to the area, find gyms, joins groups etc at least a month prior to making the move.

She has no intention of moving. What will her excuse be.
Exactly ! it takes time to get yourself established ,even registering with a doctor and finding a suitable family home ,in that ss you posted it felt like she was talking about Thomas signing up for 3/5 yrs work not them as a family ,she was unsure of any details and that's something you'd be certain of if you were planning a move.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She is acting way too casual to even be considering the move. I'm sure she said once she would never leave her Dad again hence her wanting him to eventually.move in with her and Thomas. Could you imagine her meltdown if Thomas (rightfully so!) made her seriously consider it?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Judging by this Mel has zero intention of moving. Seems likes she's trying to secure a mortgage so she doesn't have to relocate.

She's clearly made up her mind.
Definitely no intention of moving going by that.

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Definitely no intention of moving going by that.
She keeps mentioning how he can come home in comments. The guy will be doing long haul flights and then commuting back to skerries on his down time while Mel's work is remote and can be done anywhere.

She's going on and on about how hard he's worked for his dream, the sacrifices he's made- dept, years of study. She's so proud of him and he's her ride her die.Mel is in a position to make the move yet the only one who's making the sacrifices is Thomas.

Moving is the obvious choice when it only serves to benefit the child and isn't actually posing a problem for Mel's job unlike say, a partner of a pilot who has to leave their job and uproot their family.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
She keeps mentioning how he can come home in comments. The guy will be doing long haul flights and then commuting back to skerries on his down time while Mel's work is remote and can be done anywhere.

She's going on and on about how hard he's worked for his dream, the sacrifices he's made- dept, years of study. She's so proud of him and he's her ride her die.Mel is in a position to make the move yet the only one who's making the sacrifices is Thomas.

Moving is the obvious choice when it only serves to benefit the child and isn't actually posing a problem for Mel's job unlike say, a partner of a pilot who has to leave their job and uproot their family.
That's where things turn sour, he'll be exhausted and she'll still be expecting his full attention when he is home and resenting the fact she's left holding the baby ,Milo is still young enough for them to move as a family she'll have to let go of the apron strings someone ,I'm sure her dad would understand long distance relationships don't always work out and 5 yrs is a long commute .

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Wouldn’t rent a property in Ireland for them together but will rent a property in the UK for Thomas, she’s full of absolute shite, dont see her moving to the UK either so that’s another property she’s paying rent on? And is she planning to stay living with in laws then while he’s in the UK for work? Also I don’t see a long distance marriage working

• Heart
  • Haha
What happens once his contract runs out in 5 yrs does he come back home ? what happens if there's no work and he has to move further afield, she'll be basically a single mum throughout their married life surely the thing to do would be to base yourself with your husband and move with his job if that's what they're agreed on ,the child won't start school for a few years by that time his work situ should be a bit clearer and they'll know if his career suits them as a family..

Wouldn’t rent a property in Ireland for them together but will rent a property in the UK for Thomas, she’s full of absolute shite, dont see her moving to the UK either so that’s another property she’s paying rent on? And is she planning to stay living with in laws then while he’s in the UK for work? Also I don’t see a long distance marriage working
For someone who doesn't agree with renting....she sure does rent a lot 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
👏🏻 👏🏻 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 This exactly

Reactions: 10
A long distance relationship is one thing but long distance with a child is completely different I imagine. I’m not particularly fond of Thomas but I feel bad for him if she wouldn’t move. I’ve been thinking lately I can’t see this marriage working out at all

Reactions: 16
Her post is so strangely worded though because it starts off as she’s going to announce she’s leaving with him to the UK and then takes a turn into “we’re not sure yet but we’re considering he might rent” 🤦🏼‍♀️ If you’re not thinking of leaving with him, why are you making a whole dramatic post about it? It’s so confusing and those comments 100% show she has to intention of going either so it’s even more annoying

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I've never understood the '5 year plan' thing? Is that normal?
I’d say maybe it’s more of a fantasy thing when you’re a teen, when I was like 18 I thought “oh in 5 years I’ll have finished a degree, be married and have my own house with kids” but in reality I’m now 4 years down the line, just finishing my degree, no kids, no house, partner but not married and I realise it’s just a stupid fantasy in my head probably ingrained from society that doesn’t actually need to happen that quickly/that soon and life will just happen as it happens and I’m okay with that and rather it would because I’m nowhere near ready for any of those things I had “planned”, we can’t plan every little single detail - just shows how much Melanie wants to be in control/maybe how childish her mindset still is

• Heart
Reactions: 15
If I were Melanie, I would have waited on sharing the news with the world until my partner and I had it all figured out about our living situation etc. I don’t think Melanie is capable of handling both options in a mature way (moving with Thomas or staying put) and Thomas is not an easy partner to help her decision as well. It maybe my pregnancy hormones but I do feel bit of sadness/pity for her, this is exactly the situation we predicted that she has landed herself into. If she were anywhere near more practical and lived outside a fantasy world, her life would have been far too easy. I have no opinion on where she should live, but I can imagine loads of sob content for years to come.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.