Megan Marchant

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg the drama over finding out the sex of the baby. What happened to just being told if you want to know. But oh no all the messages and emails and attention seeking for engagement . duck me! It’s terrible. Take me back to when I had my 6 kids. I mean my youngest is only 14 and there was non of this tit then. Just enjoy your pregnancy and baby, no one else cares.

Reactions: 5
I’m really enjoying Megan at the moment but did she just compare herself to Will Smith?? 😂

Reactions: 1
Dunno if it’s because I’m due on and my hormones are abit up in the air but I did shed a little tear watching her stories this morning
I have two girls and would love a boy but due to medical reasons no more children
I can sympathise with her
But who knows she might decide to have a third and have a little girl

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Gender disappointment is such a hard thing to death with. Especially when everyone tries to tell you the positives of 2 boys, yes of course there are positives but it also ok to say "it's ok to feel sad" "is alright to be disappointed" or similar.

She isn't my favourite person but I hope she is afforded the space to deal with her feelings without being shamed for them. It is brave of her to even share as she has done knowing how brutal people can be.

Last edited:
Dunno if it’s because I’m due on and my hormones are abit up in the air but I did shed a little tear watching her stories this morning
I have two girls and would love a boy but due to medical reasons no more children
I can sympathise with her
But who knows she might decide to have a third and have a little girl
I was a bit um and ah when I saw her stories saying about being a bit disheartened, but she's bang on in what she's saying about how she is entitled to feel how she feels. You could see all over her face that she thought that it would be a girl and I did feel for her, neither seemed overjoyed.

I do find it quite refreshing seeing someone telling us the shite side of pregnancy though. It's something that is needed, because let's face it, while some people love every aspect of it, others hate it (me included) and its about time someone started using their platform to say its ok NOT to be all happy lalala all of the time.

For me, I wasn't bothered either way when we had my daughter, and we're going to start trying for number 2 soon, and I know deep down that I would love another girl, but I wouldn't be bothered either way, but that's because I never thought I'd get to be a mam

• Heart
Not sure I would have bothered to go to all that effort and trouble to have everyone round and do a gender reveal if there was a 50% chance I would be unhappy at the end of it ?? 🤣🤣 bless her. She seems gutted doesn’t she, If it was me and I was hoping for a girl I think I’d have just found out in private tbh. But then that’s too boring and normal and wouldnt boost that engagement would it 😅

Not sure I would have bothered to go to all that effort and trouble to have everyone round and do a gender reveal if there was a 50% chance I would be unhappy at the end of it ?? 🤣🤣 bless her. She seems gutted doesn’t she, If it was me and I was hoping for a girl I think I’d have just found out in private tbh. But then that’s too boring and normal and wouldnt boost that engagement would it 😅
I think she genuinely thought she was having a girl, she'd even said a little while back that she thought, because this pregnancy felt different, that she thought she was having a girl. I was adamant with my daughter that she was a girl, from the moment we found out I was pregnant until we found out what she was, I was like, definitely a girl, and I do think I'd have been slightly gutted if she was a boy, but tbf I was just happy she was anything.

And ezras broke another tv. I honestly don’t know how Megan will cope with a 2nd child. I felt sorry for her again today but yet again I wonder why it needs to be recorded and put online then the crying into camera. How did I manage to bring up 6 children , at one point I had 4 under 5yrs old and they never broke a tv. I’m far from perfect and they weren’t but the state of the parenting I see on Instagram is just crazy. I think the generation that are growing up in the social media craze are going to have an odd time throughout their lives. These people need to put the phone down and actually fuckin parent.

I'm a lurker, but have to agree with points made above, especially if you include yesterday's incident.

I’m really worried for her. She needs to step away from her phone and speak to her dr , husband and friends. Real friends, not a phone screen then putting it out to strangers.Jack clearly works hard to support the family but is he not seeing how bad she’s got. I know these insta mums want to be relatable but they’re not. They either show a perfect life or an upside down can’t cope one when most people mill along in the middle with lots of problems that they just get on with, She’s admitting she’s frightened of losing her whole self when the baby arrives so she really needs to seek help now as it will get worse. She chose to have another child when she clearly struggled with Ezra anyway. Saying she has no one to give him to for a break. Having a child is your choice. Most people don’t have kids to palm off on family. I used to pay for one 1/2 day a week for my kids to go to private nursery ( not all at once but over several years as I had 6 of them) as hubby worked crazy hours , just so I could get all my jobs done and have my sanity. Yes it was a struggle, non of my family ever babysat or cared for my children ( not that I expected them to)
They’re hardly poor and seem to spend money on pointless tit. She could put him in nursery one day a week with the money she spends on clothes and tit alone. All the pretentious party’s with expensive decor etc . They were on about moving house not long ago. Why doesn’t she go bk to hairdressing part time and put him with a child minder?? I don’t see it as a cry for help online I see it as attention. Strangers can’t help. Yes they can send messages etc but that won’t help her situation, Depression is a dark spiral, I suffered awfully with my 4th pregnancy and after birth. It took me till he was nearly 1 to actually feel that love for him. I had to reach out to Drs as I thought I was going mad, I really do hope Megan gets the help she needs and a social media break would really do her the world of good instead of seeking validation from strangers.

Attachments

Hi longtime lurker here. After seeing Megan’s latest post and those over Christmas/NY. Anyone else really fed up with her constant ‘a toddler ruins everything’ posts/comments. She’s really going to struggle having a toddler and a newborn!

Reactions: 2
Hi longtime lurker here. After seeing Megan’s latest post and those over Christmas/NY. Anyone else really fed up with her constant ‘a toddler ruins everything’ posts/comments. She’s really going to struggle having a toddler and a newborn!
Yeah, I mean I kinda get it, I'm pregnant and have a 1 year old and just think "arghh" at times and wonder how I'll cope, but I don't understand why you would even make a decision to have another when all you do is complain about how you can't do anything you want to, with the one you've got?

I genuinely think the boy has a learning difficulty. He is nearly 3 and can barely speak. No wonder she struggles, but I’d be pushing for help with him. Maybe once he is in daycare they will notice

My son had very little speech until he hit 3.5 and it came on in leaps and bounds. He’s autistic ❤

Nursery will almost certainly raise concerns if they think he needs to see a paediatrician. And if a three year old isn’t speaking, they need to see a paediatrician. Only question is, why hasn’t Megan sought help sooner? I know Covid has caused massive problems with the NHS, but consultations were still happening over the phone and via video call. I know because I had them!

• Heart
My son had very little speech until he hit 3.5 and it came on in leaps and bounds. He’s autistic ❤

Nursery will almost certainly raise concerns if they think he needs to see a paediatrician. And if a three year old isn’t speaking, they need to see a paediatrician. Only question is, why hasn’t Megan sought help sooner? I know Covid has caused massive problems with the NHS, but consultations were still happening over the phone and via video call. I know because I had them!
I'm sure she said a while ago that he'd had his health visitor checks and that she'd mentioned her worries and they weren't overly worried. Nursery could be the thing that brings him on leaps and bounds. My nephew had speech therapy as he was a late talker, he's now been diagnosed as autistic BUT, the speech therapy and nursery helped him no end.

I genuinely think the boy has a learning difficulty. He is nearly 3 and can barely speak. No wonder she struggles, but I’d be pushing for help with him. Maybe once he is in daycare they will notice
I wouldn't necessarily say he has a learning disability, all kids develop differently. We've seen him say some words, and I know from friends kids that if they can get away without walking, or talking because they can crawl or point or whatever then they will. Just because a child does something later or slower doesn't necessarily mean it's because there's something wrong with them.

I remember being concerned when my child was a toddler as although a talker took a long time to sit up, crawl and walk and the HV told me that if they can talk they very often don't move because they can tell you what they need whilst if a mover they are often slow to talk because they can go off and get what they need without asking.
Many years later I have a talker and walker with no special needs so I think it is quite likely he doesn't feel the need to talk yet rather than it being an obvious sign that he is autistic or has any special needs.