Megan Ellaby

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At the end of the day, there is literally no excuse for deciding to go offline as soon as she got backlash about her black lives matter post, showing everyone her white privilege with how easy it is for her to ignore what’s happening in the real world. Calling it ‘crappy timing’ demonstrated this by not even talking about it further or admitting that she had made a mistake, only tried to justify it.

Only reason for her deciding to strip her posts to just fashion is an excuse to show no opinion on anything now as she’s too scared to say something which she actually feels in fear of backlash. Too scared to even repost that post by vixmeldrew about unfollowing if the creator isn’t creating content on issues you want to see...like what if we all just unfollowed George Floyd’s killers on Instagram instead of rioting about it? Isn’t turning a blind eye the thing that everyone’s trying to change?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Wow just reading her replies...you can see her bad attitude shining through every comment. I was hoping she would address tattle. I'd love to hear her excuses for doxing!

Reactions: 7
Hmm, I disagree, i think her responses seem quite genuine? She's kinda owned up to herself here which is fair enough i think?

"
Hi Becca, I can see you’ve commented four times under different names and email addresses so I’ll reply to all of them in this comment here.

I’m really sorry that I’ve upset you by privatising some videos and also some Instagram accounts too. 
To be perfectly honest I didn’t think anybody was still watching those videos which might have been silly of me to think but that is the truth.
The reason for me privatising vlogs specifically was something in my gut.
It didn’t feel right for such personal aspects of my life, such as my home and my loved ones to be online anymore. I have kept all styling and fashion related videos up on my channel but I’ve simply changed my mind on the way I feel about videos such as vlogs. I hope you can understand and I’m sorry if I’ve disappointed you.

With regards to your other comments on BLM I admit completely that I didn’t do enough and it did take a viral video for me to show up and I am ashamed of myself for that, and I have apologised and will continue to apologise for that. Over the last month I have learnt so much about white privilege, about history, about politics and about racism. 

I have also learnt an awful lot about myself particularly the fact that I can be defensive when I have upset someone or have done something wrong, especially when that was never my intention. I am learning to deal with this in all aspects of my world and I will get better at this. I am sorry for the quick way I jumped to my own defence, I now know that getting it wrong is part of growth. I might continue to get things wrong along the way the way we all might, however my intention is never to upset someone, I was simply naive and defensive and I’m sorry for both.

In addition and to round up your fourth comment, the reason I went offline was due to my personal life and I needed some time off from work in order to deal with it.
M x
"

• Sick
Reactions: 3
it’s good that she’s starting to address the problems but her saying “Over the last month I have learnt so much about white privilege, about history, about politics and about racism.“ doesn’t really mean anything when where was the apology and explanation in her latest blog post. Don’t think she has done much learning in that month tbh

Reactions: 5
Hmm, I disagree, i think her responses seem quite genuine? She's kinda owned up to herself here which is fair enough i think?

"
Hi Becca, I can see you’ve commented four times under different names and email addresses so I’ll reply to all of them in this comment here.

I’m really sorry that I’ve upset you by privatising some videos and also some Instagram accounts too. 
To be perfectly honest I didn’t think anybody was still watching those videos which might have been silly of me to think but that is the truth.
The reason for me privatising vlogs specifically was something in my gut.
It didn’t feel right for such personal aspects of my life, such as my home and my loved ones to be online anymore. I have kept all styling and fashion related videos up on my channel but I’ve simply changed my mind on the way I feel about videos such as vlogs. I hope you can understand and I’m sorry if I’ve disappointed you.

With regards to your other comments on BLM I admit completely that I didn’t do enough and it did take a viral video for me to show up and I am ashamed of myself for that, and I have apologised and will continue to apologise for that. Over the last month I have learnt so much about white privilege, about history, about politics and about racism. 

I have also learnt an awful lot about myself particularly the fact that I can be defensive when I have upset someone or have done something wrong, especially when that was never my intention. I am learning to deal with this in all aspects of my world and I will get better at this. I am sorry for the quick way I jumped to my own defence, I now know that getting it wrong is part of growth. I might continue to get things wrong along the way the way we all might, however my intention is never to upset someone, I was simply naive and defensive and I’m sorry for both.

In addition and to round up your fourth comment, the reason I went offline was due to my personal life and I needed some time off from work in order to deal with it.
M x
"
This is the comment that struck me...the start of that, was there any need? Its kind of patronising and she didn't need to include that at all.
I understand she's saying the things we hope to hear in that response but it's another thing we have to wait and see with. We need to actually see her change and growth first...she's always talked a good game.
Why hasn't she addressed any of this in her comeback blog post nor her instagram?

The blm thing is so so important and she shouldve addressed it immediately...not as a response to a comment on her blog.

Reactions: 11
it’s good that she’s starting to address the problems but her saying “Over the last month I have learnt so much about white privilege, about history, about politics and about racism.“ doesn’t really mean anything when where was the apology and explanation in her latest blog post. Don’t think she has done much learning in that month tbh
yeah it does feel like a lot of these influencers have patted themselves on the back after reading why im no longer talking to white people about race and watching the 13th doc and like job done :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Totally. And why didn't she say this when she returned to instagram? Or are we supposed to read her mind whilst she's pouting in to a car mirror?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
It’s all well and good saying she has learnt so much about white privilege, black history and racism but she’s not using her platform to highlight what she’s learnt. Her first blog post back should have been all about that instead of the woe is me, I have it so tough pity party. The privilege she must have to get defensive over upsetting black people blows my mind. If we black/mixed race people get defensive over anything we are seen as aggressive but it’s ok for Megan because she’s learning about herself. Too little too late.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Why do I have a feeling George is the main reason for all of this? I can see him catching wind of what was being said about him online and having even more of a fragile ego than Megan so he demands they put their personal lives on lockdown bc he can't bare to think anyone is saying something negative about him. It would also make sense as to why old videos were deleted... they're the only ones he's in and it was those videos that gave people negative opinions of him.

Reactions: 11
Why do I have a feeling George is the main reason for all of this? I can see him catching wind of what was being said about him online and having even more of a fragile ego than Megan so he demands they put their personal lives on lockdown bc he can't bare to think anyone is saying something negative about him. It would also make sense as to why old videos were deleted... they're the only ones he's in and it was those videos that gave people negative opinions of him.
George, if you didn’t want anyone saying negative things about you then... maybe you shouldn’t have started such a crappy band 🥰 just a thought, let me know if I’m wrong x

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This makes a LOT of sense

Reactions: 1
I think the comments on the blog were really constructive for Megan and I thought in general she answered them fairly well. It must've shaken her up a bit to read because the comments are usually so nice, hopefully it has opened her eyes a bit. I find her posting about black content creators like they suddenly exist a bit odd, it strikes me as performative. But hopefully she starts to speak up more, call out brands she's once supported (like Reformation, she's bought a lot from there) for their systematic racism, call out brands if they invite her on trips that don't include more POC etc. Time will tell 🤷‍♀️

It still irks me that after years of showing her personal life and family life, she's just taken it away. I know she doesn't owe us anything, but as someone who has followed her for years, it was part of what made her relatable - going for curries with her parents, to the pub with her cousins, showing her Nana's bday, going for dog walks with George's family. It was nice cosy stuff to watch, like catching up with an old friend. I'm sure that vibe is what attracted a lot of us to follow her in the beginning, and now it feels like she's above it all and too good for it.

I'm pretty close to unfollowing her now because I followed her not just for the fashion but for who she was. The whole package, that "aspirational" feel. I don't feel like that anymore when I see her content, I just feel annoyed 😂

I think the comments on the blog were really constructive for Megan and I thought in general she answered them fairly well. It must've shaken her up a bit to read because the comments are usually so nice, hopefully it has opened her eyes a bit. I find her posting about black content creators like they suddenly exist a bit odd, it strikes me as performative. But hopefully she starts to speak up more, call out brands she's once supported (like Reformation, she's bought a lot from there) for their systematic racism, call out brands if they invite her on trips that don't include more POC etc. Time will tell 🤷‍♀️

It still irks me that after years of showing her personal life and family life, she's just taken it away. I know she doesn't owe us anything, but as someone who has followed her for years, it was part of what made her relatable - going for curries with her parents, to the pub with her cousins, showing her Nana's bday, going for dog walks with George's family. It was nice cosy stuff to watch, like catching up with an old friend. I'm sure that vibe is what attracted a lot of us to follow her in the beginning, and now it feels like she's above it all and too good for it.

I'm pretty close to unfollowing her now because I followed her not just for the fashion but for who she was. The whole package, that "aspirational" feel. I don't feel like that anymore when I see her content, I just feel annoyed 😂
Yeah i agree, I LOVED her family videos, was like a warm hug and just loved seeing manchester in that way as i love that place alot. But times change and if she wants to strip back that's cool. Her fashion sense has changed alot and alot of the outfits i couldn't really imagine people wearing in reality to be honest (the stars jeans and stripes jumper is a bit mish mash for me) but each to their own!

Reactions: 3
Didnt know wether to post on the megan thread or Faye thread because theyre both included but meh I know the whole family more than id like to. Parents are fiercely over protective and refuse to recognise the mean girls theyve brought up. They aren't good people at all no matter how they can make themselves look.
Like it has previously been said, faye is worse than megan by a mile but megan isnt innocent. She badly bullied me and a few of my friends growing up because we were easy targets and wouldnt stand up for ourselves. She was the chav queen bee amongst her chavvy mates who all took drugs even in school.
I've seen megan since then and shes smirked at me and looked away, i thought maybe she had grown up since school days but clearly not. She still has a way to make me feel insecure.
Her sister was like a mini version of her but on steroids. She would take things really far and think of horrid ways she could upset me, by spreading rumours amongst my friends to turn them against me, talk to me about what i eat for lunch and how i shouldnt. she really shaped who i grew up to be. She was horrible and i am still full of insecurities and depression because of the way she treated me. It really makes me feel hopeless with the world that people cant see through their acts.
I understand people are always mean in school and everyones bullied but these two were weirdly manipulative with it. They were kinda...mature bullies? I realise that makes zero sense but they bullied me like an adult would haha...they would make sure nobody knew about it, cover their tracks, master their lying techniques etc. So i get they're hard to see past, i just hope more people can find sites like this and share their experiences. thanks.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Didnt know wether to post on the megan thread or Faye thread because theyre both included but meh I know the whole family more than id like to. Parents are fiercely over protective and refuse to recognise the mean girls theyve brought up. They aren't good people at all no matter how they can make themselves look.
Like it has previously been said, faye is worse than megan by a mile but megan isnt innocent. She badly bullied me and a few of my friends growing up because we were easy targets and wouldnt stand up for ourselves. She was the chav queen bee amongst her chavvy mates who all took drugs even in school.
I've seen megan since then and shes smirked at me and looked away, i thought maybe she had grown up since school days but clearly not. She still has a way to make me feel insecure.
Her sister was like a mini version of her but on steroids. She would take things really far and think of horrid ways she could upset me, by spreading rumours amongst my friends to turn them against me, talk to me about what i eat for lunch and how i shouldnt. she really shaped who i grew up to be. She was horrible and i am still full of insecurities and depression because of the way she treated me. It really makes me feel hopeless with the world that people cant see through their acts.
I understand people are always mean in school and everyones bullied but these two were weirdly manipulative with it. They were kinda...mature bullies? I realise that makes zero sense but they bullied me like an adult would haha...they would make sure nobody knew about it, cover their tracks, master their lying techniques etc. So i get they're hard to see past, i just hope more people can find sites like this and share their experiences. thanks.
I'm so sorry you still feel this way. They've made me very uncomfortable too in the past. Typical mean girls.
I really hope you can find ways to get past it all, i understand that bitterness of seeing someone awful get to a good place in their lives whilst you're still kicked down in the dirt and its a really hopeless feeling.

Yet to hear anyone who knows these two say a good word about them

This is awful. I'm so sorry it happened to you. ((hugs))

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.