Megan Ellaby #5 pink tiara, rhinestone dress, oh so dreamy to be married to an alleged sex

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone noticed how the quality has gone down in the jumpers? The green one is the old collection and looks like merino wool, the purple one has that line under the Saturday logo and the jumper definitely looks like cotton or a cotton mix and the way it’s been printed on looks so much cheaper, still £80 too!!
The prices actually make me nauseous. How does she have the cheek!!! It's so embarrassing. Does she think she's heading to the runways soon? 😳

Also...just seen this on Monki and it reminded me of Saturdays clothing (only good quality) ...shocked Faye hasn't phoned the police about it!
Screenshot_20210830-115154_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
The prices actually make me nauseous. How does she have the cheek!!! It's so embarrassing. Does she think she's heading to the runways soon? 😳
Surely at this point it’s only her ‘fans’ buying/collecting this stuff? Rather than people who actually see the clothes and think they’re nice. I can imagine her followers (those who have more money than sense and who haven’t seen through her yet) buy it just because it’s by her and they want to be like her?

Reactions: 15
Apparently it’s still merino wool, but it’s now made in turkey. But there’s something seriously off about these new pieces a look at the close up for the Saturday part
394138FC-D619-4E14-9E01-517BEC4B150E.png

C02434D6-5038-4572-9B89-6CA13208FA1D.png

they also used to make a big deal in the description of the jumpers about where the wool is from that part has now gone
FAFD16FA-3DEB-4AD6-AAA1-FAA0804965F3.png

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Apparently it’s still merino wool, but it’s now made in turkey. But there’s something seriously off about these new pieces a look at the close up for the Saturday part View attachment 736623
View attachment 736624
they also used to make a big deal in the description of the jumpers about where the wool is from that part has now goneView attachment 736625
Wow the quality has taken a massive drop hasn't it! 🤯 Even the outline of the letters looks fuzzy and blobby compared to the original drop

Reactions: 21
Yeah those are the same lines you get when buying jumpers from new look or primark even, it just looks so cheap!

Reactions: 12
Surely at this point it’s only her ‘fans’ buying/collecting this stuff? Rather than people who actually see the clothes and think they’re nice. I can imagine her followers (those who have more money than sense and who haven’t seen through her yet) buy it just because it’s by her and they want to be like her?
'Saturday' is basically just fan merch. I can't imagine anyone buys it except Megan stans.

Reactions: 22
Hi, long time ellaby tattle life lurker over here 🙋🏽‍♀️. I’ve read through every single post and learnt so much more about Megan. I’m almost apprehensive to say anything positive about Megan as I know I’ll be accused of being Faye or her mum lol but..
Here are my thoughts:
• I’ve never really been a fan of what she wears, I actually wouldn’t be seen dead in half of it, but I’ve always been a fan of her content creation. It’s always been really inspiring to me personally. I remember when she did an AD with some lighting company where she could control the colours and mood from an app on her phone and I’d seen other bloggers / vloggers have the same gig, but no one did it like Megan. It seemed her videos and posts were always thought out and there was a genuine essence about them! I didn’t even mind when she did ADs as I felt I really trusted her.
• I honestly do ‘miss her’ omg sorry so cringe lolll. But I do! Her ADs are way less thoughtless now, and I think that’s probably down to her only being on insta (and her blog) now. So it’s hard to know how much she uses something because we aren’t involved in her life half as much. There is a real feeling of disconnect and I feel like a lot of us miss that greater insight. But when I say I miss her, I miss the vlogs really. It was like catching up with a best friend every week. I don’t even mean I miss the ‘old Megan’ (well I’ll always miss her) but I feel like I’m missing out on the Megan that is now.
• She used to do some really wonderful things for her family and friends and I was always inspired by this. I was inspired to be more thoughtful. Going back to the whole ‘miss her’ (cringyyyyy😖) thing, I miss seeing how she makes everyone around her feel special, what traditions they’ve continued / started, and what thoughtfulness has always been thrown her way too! The artwork George used to give her was really cool and I miss seeing that type of content.
• I feel I can’t really be annoyed at her for making the decision to withdraw from it all. Why shouldn’t she? She’s continued to make money and has shielded herself from hate (not that many of us even saw the hate). I feel I don’t have a right to be annoyed but I actually still am! I’d love her to still be present, making videos, let us in a bit more. The fact she’s withdrawn has made me sooo much more interested. Usually I don’t really care if an influencer withdraws, to be honest, I don’t normally even notice. I’m confused at myself for even being annoyed about it. Like, why do I actually even care?

I haven’t covered my thoughts on her extravagant designer wardrobe, her lack of comments on BLM, allegations about George as I feel this has been covered a lot already and I don’t have much to add that hasn’t already been said. It’s gross. But I just wondered if anyone else out there feels the same way I do? Has everyone completely gone off her or is there anyone else in the same boat as me?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Didn’t she say the reason she stopped doing YouTube was because of negative comments she was getting in the comment section. Yet, she’s started a TikTok, where a lot of the time random people come across your videos without having to search for you.
So more chance random/unwanted people will comment.
She’s tagging the ‘FYP’ so guessing that means it can come up on anyone’s homepage. (Not really clued up on TikTok, so I apologise 🤣)

Reactions: 11
Hi, long time ellaby tattle life lurker over here 🙋🏽‍♀️. I’ve read through every single post and learnt so much more about Megan. I’m almost apprehensive to say anything positive about Megan as I know I’ll be accused of being Faye or her mum lol but..
Here are my thoughts:
• I’ve never really been a fan of what she wears, I actually wouldn’t be seen dead in half of it, but I’ve always been a fan of her content creation. It’s always been really inspiring to me personally. I remember when she did an AD with some lighting company where she could control the colours and mood from an app on her phone and I’d seen other bloggers / vloggers have the same gig, but no one did it like Megan. It seemed her videos and posts were always thought out and there was a genuine essence about them! I didn’t even mind when she did ADs as I felt I really trusted her.
• I honestly do ‘miss her’ omg sorry so cringe lolll. But I do! Her ADs are way less thoughtless now, and I think that’s probably down to her only being on insta (and her blog) now. So it’s hard to know how much she uses something because we aren’t involved in her life half as much. There is a real feeling of disconnect and I feel like a lot of us miss that greater insight. But when I say I miss her, I miss the vlogs really. It was like catching up with a best friend every week. I don’t even mean I miss the ‘old Megan’ (well I’ll always miss her) but I feel like I’m missing out on the Megan that is now.
• She used to do some really wonderful things for her family and friends and I was always inspired by this. I was inspired to be more thoughtful. Going back to the whole ‘miss her’ (cringyyyyy😖) thing, I miss seeing how she makes everyone around her feel special, what traditions they’ve continued / started, and what thoughtfulness has always been thrown her way too! The artwork George used to give her was really cool and I miss seeing that type of content.
• I feel I can’t really be annoyed at her for making the decision to withdraw from it all. Why shouldn’t she? She’s continued to make money and has shielded herself from hate (not that many of us even saw the hate). I feel I don’t have a right to be annoyed but I actually still am! I’d love her to still be present, making videos, let us in a bit more. The fact she’s withdrawn has made me sooo much more interested. Usually I don’t really care if an influencer withdraws, to be honest, I don’t normally even notice. I’m confused at myself for even being annoyed about it. Like, why do I actually even care?
I haven’t covered my thoughts on her extravagant designer wardrobe, her lack of comments on BLM, allegations about George as I feel this has been covered a lot already and I don’t have much to add that hasn’t already been said. It’s gross. But I just wondered if anyone else out there feels the same way I do? Has everyone completely gone off her or is there anyone else in the same boat as me?
I mean you’ve absolutely hit the nail on the head. I remember I used to love the way she spoke about Manchester as she made it sound like an incredibly special place (which it is) and I always loved the way she adored her family, as I’m someone who’s had ups and downs with my family I’ve always loved people who chose to spend time with them and genuinely seemed to enjoy it

I guess it’s a weird parasocial thing where you feel really connected with someone you don’t know, and I’m not bothered that she chose to step away from YouTube etc, everyone has the right to change their mind and step back, it was the countless shameless ads, using her baby to shill stuff and genuinely not seeming to give a duck about the people who have essentially funded her lifestyle I took issue with x

At the end of the day, all influencers, you tubers and bloggers need to start off with that something. They need something that drawers people in, that makes you like them and want to spend your time “with them” Megan had that, I thought her style was cool back in the ASOS days, she always seemed to be relatively down to earth, she always talked about her family and as was said above Manchester in a way that made you almost jealous not to be apart of. But the veil has slipped unfortunately, I don’t think she’s as awful as a person as Faye is. But her and her family have let this small small slice of “fame” go to their heads. How they have treated people throughout their lives has come out and tainted them, their current treatment of “fans” has done the same, their attitude towards their privilege, the entitlement and although the actions for BLM, sexual assault and harassment, bullying, inclusivity etc are awful. The worst bit it she’s become lazy she doesn’t try and keep the mask up anymore, she doesn’t even respect those who made her who she is - because without people following and interacting with her she wouldn’t have her career and make the money she does - to try

• Heart
Reactions: 18
At the end of the day, all influencers, you tubers and bloggers need to start off with that something. They need something that drawers people in, that makes you like them and want to spend your time “with them” Megan had that, I thought her style was cool back in the ASOS days, she always seemed to be relatively down to earth, she always talked about her family and as was said above Manchester in a way that made you almost jealous not to be apart of. But the veil has slipped unfortunately, I don’t think she’s as awful as a person as Faye is. But her and her family have let this small small slice of “fame” go to their heads. How they have treated people throughout their lives has come out and tainted them, their current treatment of “fans” has done the same, their attitude towards their privilege, the entitlement and although the actions for BLM, sexual assault and harassment, bullying, inclusivity etc are awful. The worst bit it she’s become lazy she doesn’t try and keep the mask up anymore, she doesn’t even respect those who made her who she is - because without people following and interacting with her she wouldn’t have her career and make the money she does - to try
This is spot on.

And to the new member above, you're not the first person to come on here and talk about missing the old megs, I totally get that feeling!!!

Though I do feel that megs that everyone misses so bad wasn't even genuine, she just put on a good show and knew how to draw people in. I know a few people like that who are ever so charming and seem so humble but are actually toxic af 🤣 and unfortunately that's exactly what I see with Megan. Me and my little sister used to watch her vids religiously and dare I say it, were big fans. Then we saw her in Manchester one day and my sister ran over excitedly and Megan was a right cow to her so it all kind of added up to me then I found this thread! 🤣🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 25
I think you have hit the nail on the head there, I am Undercover. Lots of us "miss the old megs" but I think we didn't actually know who that person really was. She was quirky and normal and chatty, but from what we have since heard I think it was actually a posh popular girl hitting on a niche on insta at the time, which was the indie cool girl thing. She curated the exposed brick Manchester apartment, Alexa Chung hairstyle, boy in a band boyfriend lifestyle, but really she was still just the posh popular girl at school that would have probs bullied the majority of her loyal fanbase.

To be fair to Megs, she's a clever businesswoman as I think lots of us, including me, was deffos sucked in and thought she would have been a girl that would have been great to have a drink with. Now I know that her and her bratty sis would look me up and down and judge me for not being a size 8 or having a pair of gucci loafers.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Here are my thoughts:

Yes I 100% agree and feel like a lot of people on this thread were great fans of her and they’ve all just came here out of sheer disappointment. Which is weird in a way because megan owes us nothing. But her vlogs and having that community with us all to then delete it so suddenly over things that no one was even aware of and then change who she is entirely and just using it so obviously as an income now is a slap in the face to people who invested time in watching her content. I can understand that YouTube in particular can be filled with random strangers pointless comments and people can have probably too many opinions but I do think it is the minority. It’s just a shame she let the minority ruin it, because we were all fans at one point :(

Pls, we’re u honestly that taken in by her??? She’s a sales woman that’s always been her job. She just doesn’t care or try anymore 🤦‍♀️

You can tell the quality is tit - look at how thin and creased that jumper is. You think she’d have given it a quick iron (can you iron merino??) before she wore it for Instagram seeing as it’s basically an ad for her brand. Actually, that’s a good point - should she be declaring that these items are an ad when she is wearing them on her Instagram? I know you have to declare as an ad when it’s your own brand but not 100% sure.

14B578C2-F14E-41D7-8F57-3698D8C69379.jpeg

£50 for these trashy looking leggings. I hate how mismatched the pattern is at the seam, it looks so cheap. I’ve literally seen more expensive looking leggings in primark.

A2A8BE86-1CD1-444E-8C55-CB9185998DAD.jpeg

• Sick
They look like the novelty leggings my mate bought me from a costume shop for a laugh, when I joked that I was jealous of my baby's brightly coloured trousers...

• Haha
I actually love the leggings (think they're a catsuit which is even better!) - not Faye or the mum haha 🤣

Reactions: 2
No they’re leggings and they’ve made a matching top which is how the website styled it making it look like a catsuit
They look like something from my friends kids play box and the quality looks comparable

• Haha
The leggings look like the pattern would disappear and go white (if anyone knows what I mean??) when they're stretched

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.