Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mermaid456

Unfollowed- the pampers ad did me in. It’s really just about the money now, it’s so icky. Imagine getting a brief that pretty much says “we’d like you to create a dreamy reel of goldie using pampers as a backdrop portraying how great life is because of using our nappies” it literally feels like these influencers are robots and have coins inserted into them and programmed to shill a project.

Take the sex and the city reboot for example, a ton of influencers have been shilling that god awful annoying sky thing wearing tutus but no one is talking about the actual show afterwards? It’s so odd, and so many of them talk in this dumbed down tweenie way - was Megan always this hehehe or is she really good at hiding it!

I really hope this influencer bubble bursts soon and they find someone more meaningful to do with their lives…I know she has the Saturday range but the quality looks so shit and the prices have remained the same - again, we’re all being had!

I think I’m just done with being sold too ALL THE TIME. There’s some influencers out there are still great and doing interesting projects, but it’s like Megan is a hollow version of her previous self (this was way before she had her kid) so scared to be in anyway truthful that’s she created this saccharine existence where she makes out she has the perfect life.

I know I shouldn’t care about unfollowing but OG Megan changed the way I looked at wearing clothes and basically got me into a real love and appreciation for fashion, it unlocked something in me! And now it’s just £500 jumpers £1000 buggies and it’s hollow hollow hollow

Christ, these influencers! And I feel even worst for writing this, especially after that tattle article as don’t want to seem like I’m shit talking, as other threads on here are absolutely horrid and I don’t go near it, but you do feel like you’ve been on a weird parasocial journey with these influencers… it’s a weird complex.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

lurker1mill

10F8CB09-981A-46C0-8651-8603851C8CD5.png
Next week…..
Oh my gosh, LOVE my new @binibamba gloves for my pram, keeping my hands nice and toasty on our dreamy walks with my Angel 🤩 #AD #gifted

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 42

Kylied31

I actually found some of her comments to be quite snarky and condescending in her response. I find her replies on her blog posts very OTT and it feels like she’s trying too hard to be sweet and grateful but it’s not actually coming from a very sincere place. Also there are plenty of other influencer mums that seem to have the balance right so I think that’s a bit of a cop out.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

buffyjayne

Chatty Member
'I thought that would be something you might be able to understand?”
The tone of this I find to be very rude and condescending. I can imagine her smirk while writing this.

Reactions: 40

noooour

Guys so as you know her most recent blog post is about her being in a rut with her content and asking us what we want to see. I think I am going to take one for the team and comment my honest opinion that I find her content unrelatable and a repetitive cycle of radio silence followed by a Q&A to boost engagement and then a paid AD. She needs to know what we all think of the "content" she is giving us - it is beyond ridiculous. Also going to mention how all of the clothes she tags are literally extortionate prices that not everyone can afford and a far cry from her ASOS/Topshop hauls.
If anyone has anything else to say let me know lol.
Knowing her she will delete my comment even though she's the one asking for feedback and I'm giving it to her? Her minions on the blog will prob go off on me as well. Anywho
(first time poster long time lurker)

• Heart

I am undercover

Chatty Member
SO turns out beggy meggy has been emailing the company I work for asking for free tickets to some of our events in exchange for some social networking pics / stories etc. her emails have been ignored 😭🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
So I’ve just listened to this week’s Ki and Dee podcast and Diana (aka George Craig’s ex), reveals about her bad break up with her boyfriend of 5 years (definitely George). She says that he wanted to move back up north and start a family but she wasn’t ready. Then when they decided to go their separate ways he got very very nasty. He went to her flat when she wasn’t there and moved his stuff out but took a lot of the things that belonged to her. He stole loads of paintings and art work and trashed the place and was even so petty that he took the toilet brush!!! 😂 imagine being so lame to take a toilet brush that has other people’s bits of poo on it?!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 39

carolinefg

The biggest issue with Megan for me (and her equally vacuous sister) is that it’s all just so pointless. I get that she’s got a young baby to care for but it’s all so boring and unfulfilling - hanging around the same coffee shops, eating the same food, taking cringe posed pics, getting free haircuts and free everything. Where’s the graft, sense of achievement? Why not do some charity work, some volunteering, do something positive with your time? Create some great content around that rather than posing in zara and eating avocado toast? Donate some of the freebies to those who would really appreciate it, try and make a difference?
She makes me furious actually. A lazy, entitled life!!!

• Heart

buffalobarbie

New blogpost is up. She says that her most daunting goal for 2022 is to renovate their bathroom and has had countless sleepless nights over it. Also says that they plan to go away in their camper while the work is being done...how daunting and terrifying. She needs to get a life.

• Haha
  • Angry

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
i feel like if you'd have told nq apartment megan that she'd be selling patterned leggings with her sister just after her jimmy's wedding reception she'd have gone into witness protection

• Haha
Reactions: 38

Pheelin24

This is getting beyond a joke, I had to unfollow her for good today. The same thing over and over again - the radio silence and then popping on every Monday only for sponsorships and to promote Saturday, or to say that she popped into Jimmy's on the weekend for a dreamy roast dinner - that's IT. I don't know how she is not embarrassed. She was all about making content for her following until she got her brand off the ground and began to get sponsorships for large sums - then she quit Youtube, deleted all her videos and only posts ads. What is the point in even supporting her at this rate, she gives nothing back.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

sheleg

VIP Member
She's clearly so blinded by love that she still sees the lithe, passably-handsome Burberry model he once was. In reality, he's morphed into the sort of clammy middle-aged Gary you'd see in a city-centre pub at 10am on a Tuesday.

• Haha
Reactions: 36

Swipeupyouguys

VIP Member
I may be on the minority here but I never thought of Megan as pretty, I liked the fact a plain Jane girl could style herself to look fabulous. Really admired the real skill to get noticed and achieve her success, when insta was full of bloggers that looked like actual models, and were completely impossible to relate to. Megan seemed like a normal girl who could have been in your friendship group.

Now her style is... well completely different from those indie Cindy, wannabe Alexa Chung vibes. She looks like a kooky art teacher who would describe themselves as a crazzzzzzy daisy! To make matters worse everything she wears is so expensive. Her Saturday stuff is now so cheaply made but prices have remained consistent with the earlier quality drops.

George on the other hand now resembles a younger David Cameron. (This is not a complement) All floppy hair, dad bod and a ruddy pink complexion. Although nowhere recognisable as the dude who once modelled with Emma Watson for Burberry, he seems a lot trimmer than the photos Megan shared of him just after Goldie was born, and hopefully he lost weight in the healthy way.

Their wedding seemed like a penny pinching exercise when you take into account she blows tens of thousands on bags and shoes. Her dress, shoes and crown were all very 'her' circa 2021, if she morphs her style again she will look back and wonder what she was thinking. At least the suit George wore was classic, his tory boy hair however...and spaghetti bolognese is a choice for the wedding meal. Wonder if the bar was open or if guests had to pay per drink?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35

noooour

New Thread suggestion

Megan Ellaby #6 Apple Crumble must be in a bowl but George is tearing half the Northern Quarter a new arsehole

• Haha

sheleg

VIP Member
OMG get this. I was at synagogue yesterday, and one of the elderly ladies in the congregation was wearing a Saturday jumper!! Absolutely no word of a lie. There's no way she would have bought it direct, as I know her and she doesn't have a computer or smart phone. She clearly bought it from a charity shop. It proper cracked me up :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
I think that she's actually quite rude in that response in parts. I think she needs to concentrate on one thing and do that. At the moment her insta is shit as is her tiktok and blog. Her business sells clothes that rip designers off and sells it at high street (but are actually expensive) prices and totally shite quality as well as badly sized.
If she's going to have a blog then she needs to work on her writing because it's incredibly poorly written. The topics need to branch out and she needs to be more relatable. Everything is so dReAmY all the time and that just isn't real life.
I think it must be extremely difficult for her to hear rumours about George all the time and feel quite sorry for her in that respect.
It's clear that her Instagram is literally just used for work now which is why it's so boring to follow.

• Heart

popcorn222

All these influencers that have private Instagram accounts it just shows they use their public one as an ad machine it’s not the real them

• Heart