Megan Ellaby #2 Coke all week, not just Saturday

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The use of the model feels exploitative and tokenism - being used to get her out of the firing line of criticism over a racism issue. It feels like cashing in - or is my view wrong and I should be happy that progress is being made re. diversity. It just leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

Also george has a new look baggy overalls and glasses? Not very authentic!!
I feel like that too! Very conflicted thoughts, as of course it's great to see diversity, but also quite annoying that she will now be praised for being inclusive when I don't think she would have had any intention previously.

Reactions: 13
When I seen her post this morning I knew she’d be using a POC for a model due to the backlash she’s received it’s just a PR stunt. It’s so cliche. Her clothes look crap, can’t believe people pay that much for her stuff 😳

Reactions: 15
I feel like that too! Very conflicted thoughts, as of course it's great to see diversity, but also quite annoying that she will now be praised for being inclusive when I don't think she would have had any intention previously.
step in the right direction but yes, as you say I feel quite conflicted too.Definitely feels a bit performative, there’s also an air of ‘pat my self on the back’ about those posts x

Reactions: 12
step in the right direction but yes, as you say I feel quite conflicted too.Definitely feels a bit performative, there’s also an air of ‘pat my self on the back’ about those posts x
Yeah I agree and it makes my skin crawl.

Reactions: 6
Yup- exactly this. Plastering over the cracks rather than actually addressing her deep seated racism. And all so that next time she's called out she can say 'but I used a black person to sell my tacky influencer merch'.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm embarrassed to say I used to love Megan (first time poster, long time lurker) - really (naively) thought she had a perfect life and was dead cool if a bit (a lot ) try hard to the point it made me a cringe a bit lol. Also as a Manc was nice to see an influencer based in Manchester n not London or brighton or wherever. Soooo glad for the revelations on this thread though, agree with loads others here, there was something always off about her, I loved her but there was an edge I wasn't sure about. plus I VERY EMBARASSINGLY PLS DON'T JUDGE ME I WAS 11 used to be a big ONO fan and loved george haha so at the start I was like who's this lass then??? so got into her through knowing of george I suppose...

ANYWAY, I completely agree, as a POC, this feels so performative and disgusting?? I don't know maybe I'm overreacting, and also that girl is beaaaautiful and is really nice to see the diversity. However, it just feels....cheap?? Like I think if Megan had genuinely been posting about BLM, was obviously learning and wanting to learn and owning mistakes (!!!!) through this time then I would be really pleased to see her diversifying. And on the surface it is such a positive step. But knowing her actions and her avoidance of accepting and acknowledging her own ignorance it just feels a bit grim lol. I don't want her to get a chufty badge for it when, like people have said already, she probs wouldn't have used her if she hadn't been criticised over BLM. Sorry, really just echoing others thoughts here but yeah haha.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I wonder how this model would feel if she knew she was being used as a PR exercise to make Megan look good. Pretty tit I’d say. It’s too little, too late Meg, we saw your true colours during the beginning of the BLM movement when you did NOTHING.

Reactions: 14
It’s also v clearly a performative exercise because she hasn’t tried to address why she is now using a POC model. If she explained what she had learnt about her privilege and systemic racism and acknowledged that and said this is me trying to do better I’d be like yep well done!! But she’s trying to sweep the fact she got called out under the carpet by this performance. So bait it’s appalling!!

It’s not genuine at all. We can see right through you Megan!

Reactions: 8
I wonder how this model would feel if she knew she was being used as a PR exercise to make Megan look good. Pretty tit I’d say. It’s too little, too late Meg, we saw your true colours during the beginning of the BLM movement when you did NOTHING.
she didn't just do nothing though (which is bad enough) she posted something, got called out for it, deleted a black womans comments and opinion, played the victim and sat back as her sister and boyfriend piled in and started giving out tit to the people who were holding her to account. Then she shut down the whole conversation by turning off the comments, and then just deleted the post completely because it exposed her racism and she couldn't control it or make herself look good. I agree that I don't think the model would have said yes to this if she'd seen that tit show. But she wouldn't have been able to because Megan covered it all up and deleted any trace of it

Reactions: 19
she didn't just do nothing though (which is bad enough) she posted something, got called out for it, deleted a black womans comments and opinion, played the victim and sat back as her sister and boyfriend piled in and started giving out tit to the people who were holding her to account. Then she shut down the whole conversation by turning off the comments, and then just deleted the post completely because it exposed her racism and she couldn't control it or make herself look good. I agree that I don't think the model would have said yes to this if she'd seen that tit show. But she wouldn't have been able to because Megan covered it all up and deleted any trace of it
This is all very true 😕 what a massive twit.

Reactions: 4
I'm not a fan of the tokenism at all, but if she'd not done it then she could be criticised for using the same white clones yet again for her next set of photos. She couldn't win either way.

Obviously she should've handled it better in the first place. But not sure how she can fix it from here as any option looks bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I'm not a fan of the tokenism at all, but if she'd not done it then she could be criticised for using the same white clones yet again for her next set of photos. She couldn't win either way.
She would’ve won if she’d have dealt with it properly to start with, instead of burying her head in the sand.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She could have addressed it? There's absolutely no mention of it in her blog post. She's not even mentioned the model at all, how and why they picked her etc. If she's addressed not being size inclusive, why not explain the process behind this? She's still just avoiding having to have these difficult conversations. It's not good enough

Reactions: 15
She could have addressed it? There's absolutely no mention of it in her blog post. She's not even mentioned the model at all, how and why they picked her etc. If she's addressed not being size inclusive, why not explain the process behind this? She's still just avoiding having to have these difficult conversations. It's not good enough
I think even if she'd addressed it it'd stink of tokenism to me. The damage was done.

Equally if she'd not chosen this model and gone with her usual model type (herself!) I'd be rolling my eyes too.

Reactions: 7
Oh my GOD. I stumbled across the original thread because I couldn’t remember Megan’s name, couldn’t find George’s Instagram, and I wanted to have a little stalk. 5 hours later, mind is BLOWN.
I used to go to GC’s club nights in London about 8?? Years ago? Maybe more? He was always nice and chatty, but Diana was rude af to me. Then I saw GC at Reading not with Diana and with Megan and was convinced he was cheating, but then it became clear that perhaps he just rebounded very quickly, but I loved her cos DV was so rude hahaha. I did start to find Megan irritating about a year ago and unfollowed tho, but I had absolutely no idea there was so much tea on her and now I am obsessed.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Oh my GOD. I stumbled across the original thread because I couldn’t remember Megan’s name, couldn’t find George’s Instagram, and I wanted to have a little stalk. 5 hours later, mind is BLOWN.
I used to go to GC’s club nights in London about 8?? Years ago? Maybe more? He was always nice and chatty, but Diana was rude af to me. Then I saw GC at Reading not with Diana and with Megan and was convinced he was cheating, but then it became clear that perhaps he just rebounded very quickly, but I loved her cos DV was so rude hahaha. I did start to find Megan irritating about a year ago and unfollowed tho, but I had absolutely no idea there was so much tea on her and now I am obsessed.
Omg what did DV say to you? Or was it more of a "look down her nose at you" kind of thing that Megan seems to do now too?

Long time lurker here first time posting. I went to uni with Megan and knew a lot of this stuff from years ago, glad it’s all been put out in the open now. I really think she could use her platform for so much more than outfits and re sharing quotes about different things happening in the world. Just a shame she has shut out all of her loyal followers who have been there since the start. I once bumped into G in a train station and he was prancing around like he was the dogs bollocks. I’ve met DV on a night out randomly, met her in a bar she was with her ex Boyf it was about 4 years ago. Anyway she was super friendly and nice like girl next door. No one even noticed her in the bar so she wasn’t doing it for show she was genuinely a nice girl, just wanted to stick up for her Cos my experience with her is different to another poster.

• Heart
Omg what did DV say to you? Or was it more of a "look down her nose at you" kind of thing that Megan seems to do now too?
so I have mutuals with GC, but never really knew him, but I was just chatting to him about nothing and she basically pushed me out the way and started snogging him.
maybe he makes his girlfriends feel so insecure with his actions, she felt threatened by me? Or rather by him talking to another female?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.