McFly, McBusted and Wives

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At the risk of sounding like a petulant teenager, I just can't forgive Charlie for leaving.
SAME! It wasn't just that he left, but also that he felt it was okay to diss the band so much afterwards. It was cringey he so desperately wanted to be perceived as cool.

I also remember James saying he didn't feel welcome at Fightstar gigs (this was when Charlie was still in Busted).

I don't think they spoke at all until shortly before reuniting Busted. Something about Matt and James visiting Charlie's house and them hanging out listening to music. That's when Charlie realised that James wasn't a complete loser and that they actually shared similar musical tastes. Hence he agreed to get back together...or that's what they said at least.

Major throwback upcoming: I remember when Fightstar were interviewed on Popworld with Simon Amstell and they played a clip of their new video. When cameras went back to the studio, Simon was like "it's no Crashed the Wedding" 😂. Charlie was not amused! The man has NO sense of humour.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
SAME! It wasn't just that he left, but also that he felt it was okay to diss the band so much afterwards. It was cringey he so desperately wanted to be perceived as cool.

I also remember James saying he didn't feel welcome at Fightstar gigs (this was when Charlie was still in Busted).

I don't think they spoke at all until shortly before reuniting Busted. Something about Matt and James visiting Charlie's house and them hanging out listening to music. That's when Charlie realised that James wasn't a complete loser and that they actually shared similar musical tastes. Hence he agreed to get back together...or that's what they said at least.

Major throwback upcoming: I remember when Fightstar were interviewed on Popworld with Simon Amstell and they played a clip of their new video. When cameras went back to the studio, Simon was like "it's no Crashed the Wedding" 😂. Charlie was not amused! The man has NO sense of humour.
Yeah, I don't believe that all of a sudden they became mates that way, seems very unbelievable 😂

From what I remember from the documentary, years ago, James was still upset and hurt by Charlie. I reckon there is a lot more to it though.

James is very talented and has co written with Tom a lot of mcfly's songs including doing countless other more huge acts songs too.

I don't believe for one minute James (not sure about Matt, but he seems like a really nice guy. Loved him in the jungle!) Would have let Charlie crawl back the way he did.

It was probably a manager decision, probably based on money money money. Having the full band back together rather than just the two of them. It always seemed very forced when they'd pose and post new pictures together.

Even now Busted have gone super quiet, I don't see them posting pictures of them together anymore! 🤔

Reactions: 1
Yeah, I don't believe that all of a sudden they became mates that way, seems very unbelievable 😂

From what I remember from the documentary, years ago, James was still upset and hurt by Charlie. I reckon there is a lot more to it though.

James is very talented and has co written with Tom a lot of mcfly's songs including doing countless other more huge acts songs too.

I don't believe for one minute James (not sure about Matt, but he seems like a really nice guy. Loved him in the jungle!) Would have let Charlie crawl back the way he did.

It was probably a manager decision, probably based on money money money. Having the full band back together rather than just the two of them. It always seemed very forced when they'd pose and post new pictures together.

Even now Busted have gone super quiet, I don't see them posting pictures of them together anymore! 🤔
Busted don’t seem like genuine friends. They haven’t interacted together very much on social media over the past year. Charlie put up clips of him and his wife doing Zoom quizzes with Fightstar. I think Matt and James are closer but they’ve continuously worked together for over 20 years, James’ family also had Matt living with them when Busted was starting. I do wonder what Matt thinks of James these days though, he’s so immature and Matt seems so together since he got clean, plus he has 3 kids. I can’t see Busted doing another album.

Reactions: 4
Busted don’t seem like genuine friends. They haven’t interacted together very much on social media over the past year. Charlie put up clips of him and his wife doing Zoom quizzes with Fightstar. I think Matt and James are closer but they’ve continuously worked together for over 20 years, James’ family also had Matt living with them when Busted was starting. I do wonder what Matt thinks of James these days though, he’s so immature and Matt seems so together since he got clean, plus he has 3 kids. I can’t see Busted doing another album.
Oh yeah, forgot Matt and James lived together in the early days but I agree, they always seemed closer.

I would love to know what he thinks too. As harsh as it sounds, James reminds me of that one kid in high school who never grew up past the high school days. Still clinging on to the old days.

I'm all for people being kids at heart but he definitely takes it to the extreme.

I have to remind myself when I see photos of him that he's 36!

Isn't his girlfriend quite young as well?

Reactions: 8
Oh yeah, forgot Matt and James lived together in the early days but I agree, they always seemed closer.

I would love to know what he thinks too. As harsh as it sounds, James reminds me of that one kid in high school who never grew up past the high school days. Still clinging on to the old days.

I'm all for people being kids at heart but he definitely takes it to the extreme.

Yeah, he’s dating mcFly stan Emily Canham, shes 23. Her thread on here is a hoot!! She’s the latest in a long line for young girlfriends for James.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I was interested to find out on Fleur De Force's thread recently that her brother Alex is in Fightstar and their sister is married to another member of the band, Dan.

Hoping that someone else didn't know and finds this interesting!

P.s. Loving that not everyone knows who Emily Canham is!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Would love for some of his ex girlfriends to spill a little bit of tea .

I just rewatched that six minute reunion clip at Wembley . And it did look really awkward and uncomfortable . I think Charlie realised he made a mistake with busted, it obviously wasn’t his type of music . But I could see why James would be pissed, busted made him famous then he just left . But he did all those snide interviews slagging them
Off and the fans. He could have been dignified and kept his mouth shut .

Fightstar were super salty over Busted when they got back together! I remember seeing them make a few pointed digs online about how similar the artwork was for Night Driver and some Fightstar stuff!

Edit: sorry it wasn’t Fightstar they were accused of copying, it was Gunship, which is Fleur’s brother and brother in law’s current band, if I’m correct?

Last edited:
I was interested to find out on Fleur De Force's thread recently that her brother Alex is in Fightstar and their sister is married to another member of the band, Dan.

Hoping that someone else didn't know and finds this interesting!

P.s. Loving that not everyone knows who Emily Canham is!
I literally have no idea who she is, just googled her 😂 still have no idea 😂

Yeah, he seemed to always go for young girls and seemed to go through them quickly.

Do you think he purposely goes for younger girls as they were fans of McFly and Busted? Seems a bit odd!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Fightstar were super salty over Busted when they got back together! I remember seeing them make a few pointed digs online about how similar the artwork was for Night Driver and some Fightstar stuff!

Edit: sorry it wasn’t Fightstar they were accused of copying, it was Gunship, which is Fleur’s brother and brother in law’s current band, if I’m correct?
I did notice Alex and Charlie don’t follow each other on Instagram anymore but Dan and Omar follow Alex and Charlie and visa versa

The funny thing about Fightstar was that they weren't accepted in the crowd they wanted to run with either. Not at first anyway. I saw them as the support act for Funeral for a Friend once and they got egged on stage 🥴 So Charlie had left Busted because he thought it was lame and not his thing, but the fans of the music he actually liked thought he was just a lame tween star from Busted.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
So heres the Gunship artwork and logo versus the Busted stuff for Night Driver. The band name fonts are so similar!🙈 Alex definitely posted something around the time the Busted album came out. I think it was the Gunship name over the Busted picture or something to that effect and Fleur and her family were all liking and commenting on it. I can't find it now though on their social media so he must have taken it down.

Attachments

That sort of 80s nostalgia art was all the rage at the time though. Think Stranger Things. Not sure a link can be drawn between those two.

Reactions: 8
I feel so out the loop but who is Alex? And what happened with him? 😂

I think Gunship had that logo for a number of years before. It also seems like there was an annoyance there on Gunships part, especially if Alex and Charlie no longer follow each other.
Also, who are gunship?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I totally agree with the poster who said about James seeming like the friend who can’t let go of high school. His girlfriend is beautiful but seems like every other influencer.

Love this thread.

I was a huge busted and mcfly fan when I was younger. I have a mcfly tattoo 😳

Met the guys quite a few times, i followed them around Scotland mainly but did manage 20 dates of the radioactive tour because the venues were smaller so cheaper tickets. I was heavily pregnant by show number 14 so the travelling was chaos. I was very dedicated then i grew up a bit. Danny is lovely, Dougie always looked terrified.

Charlie is a cokehead, he is vile I've spent an evening in his company after a fightstar gig in Glasgow. We had a mutual friend at Glasgow uni at the time and that's how i ended up in his company that night. I wasn't there long, it's never been my scene but I heard Charlie was there and as a fan and a musician i thought it would be cool to meet him. We didn't speak, he was off his face trying to get his girlfriend to answer the phone to him. The way he was speaking about her was disgusting.

Totally agree that James has never grown up, i doubt he ever will.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Guys, I'm so grateful for this thread.

Call it cheesy, but I thought I was the only one who had these though and feelings so it's great knowing you're not alone 💙

• Heart
Love this thread.

I was a huge busted and mcfly fan when I was younger. I have a mcfly tattoo 😳

Met the guys quite a few times, i followed them around Scotland mainly but did manage 20 dates of the radioactive tour because the venues were smaller so cheaper tickets. I was heavily pregnant by show number 14 so the travelling was chaos. I was very dedicated then i grew up a bit. Danny is lovely, Dougie always looked terrified.

Charlie is a cokehead, he is vile I've spent an evening in his company after a fightstar gig in Glasgow. We had a mutual friend at Glasgow uni at the time and that's how i ended up in his company that night. I wasn't there long, it's never been my scene but I heard Charlie was there and as a fan and a musician i thought it would be cool to meet him. We didn't speak, he was off his face trying to get his girlfriend to answer the phone to him. The way he was speaking about her was disgusting.

Totally agree that James has never grown up, i doubt he ever will.
Not surprised about Charlie at all, him and Matt are the only ones I haven’t met. Danny is so lovely isn’t he, before I met them I always liked Dougie but his weirdness freaked me out and Danny was so nice I became a Danny fan. I can remember Gi acting all like, yeah I’m with the boys and ignoring the fans at the time - this was also around the Radioactive release but I guess she wasn’t comfortable with the fans at the time

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.