McFly, McBusted and Wives

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought Night Driver was great for Busted but they didn’t really promote it much - the album after that was as bad as the McBusted one. I’m interested to hear McFlys sound for 2020, I liked Danny’s EP but it went nowhere.

I actually liked James’ solo project... it was so different to hear him in that genre until Busted did similar

Reactions: 5
I thought Night Driver was great for Busted but they didn’t really promote it much - the album after that was as bad as the McBusted one. I’m interested to hear McFlys sound for 2020, I liked Danny’s EP but it went nowhere
I thought he was big into the DJing or was that before cooper ? My sister went to a meet and greet for busted . One of those gets announced on the morning and only X amount get a wrist band . She said Matt and Charlie were lovely .
James was really shy and when he did speak it was just plain random weird what he said . I’ll have to ask her again what he said .

Reactions: 1
I'm so glad that there's finally place to talk about them all!!

I agree with what a lot of people are saying, I liked Busted, moved onto Mcfly, kept a bit of an eye on all of them over the years. I enjoyed some of James' Future Boy stuff, the first McBusted tour was great fun, the McBusted album sucked, they shouldn't have done a second tour, Charlie came back for the money, Busted Night Driver album was great, wtf was going on with McFly from 2015-2019 something went down there, the last Busted album sucked - I can't see them doing another album now that Charlie got his check. Sorry for all my random thoughts.

I agree about them either just saying what the issues were within McFly or shut up, but are they hoping for a documentary or another book? Must be a huge set back to them that they won't be able to tour for quite a while that's where the money is. I don't think there's enough interest in McFly/Busted anymore. The music industry moves fast. They should have had album 6 ready to go as soon as McBusted ended to keep the momentum going.

James was getting dragged on Twitter yesterday over his comments.

I'm so glad that there's finally place to talk about them all!!

I agree with what a lot of people are saying, I liked Busted, moved onto Mcfly, kept a bit of an eye on all of them over the years. I enjoyed some of James' Future Boy stuff, the first McBusted tour was great fun, the McBusted album sucked, they shouldn't have done a second tour, Charlie came back for the money, Busted Night Driver album was great, wtf was going on with McFly from 2015-2019 something went down there, the last Busted album sucked - I can't see them doing another album now that Charlie got his check. Sorry for all my random thoughts.

I agree about them either just saying what the issues were within McFly or shut up, but are they hoping for a documentary or another book? Must be a huge set back to them that they won't be able to tour for quite a while that's where the money is. I don't think there's enough interest in McFly/Busted anymore. The music industry moves fast. They should have had album 6 ready to go as soon as McBusted ended to keep the momentum going.

James was getting dragged on Twitter yesterday over his comments.
What was he saying?

Reactions: 2
He was writing comments under McFly's announcement posts yesterday saying that he also signed a record deal.
Ooh thanks. The desperation lol I'm sorry but his solo music has never and will never be relevant (and I do actually like James on the whole)

Why all the beef towards James Bourne? Did I miss something or is just the classic McFly vs Busted stan wars?

Reactions: 4
Why all the beef towards James Bourne? Did I miss something or is just the classic McFly vs Busted stan wars?
Idk I remember McFly fans blamed him for stalling McFly's album/existence with McBusted, so maybe long held grudges?

Tbf I never saw any beef between busted and mcfly fans . A lot of us drifted over to my fly when busted ended. This is James not letting them have five minutes about their new record deal . He’s gotta comment on it about how he has one too.

Reactions: 3
Idk I remember McFly fans blamed him for stalling McFly's album/existence with McBusted, so maybe long held grudges?
Some McFly fans were awful to James and very vocal on twitter about it. It was so ridiculous. It's not like he held McFly at gun point to do McBusted. One of the worst people giving out about McBusted at the time, and specifically James, was Emily "I'm 5ft 10" Canham....look at her now!

In saying that Jame's carry on yesterday was very cringe.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Super city, that was a Rip off - I only signed up and paid as I felt left out but there was nothing really going on for the money, there was nothing of interest. The odd unreleased demo in their rooms but no exclusive content really - just a quick way to earn money.
I joined SuperCity because I wanted a signed certificate lol They seemed to give up on it fairly fast though.
I felt I got my moneys worth though as £40 got me my autographs :D then the Above the Noise album, plus all the live streams including 1 of Harry's where I got a shout out.
I liked Nowhere Left To Run the silly film they did even bought myself the dvd

Some McFly fans were awful to James and very vocal on twitter about it. It was so ridiculous. It's not like he held McFly at gun point to do McBusted. One of the worst people giving out about McBusted at the time, and specifically James, was Emily "I'm 5ft 10" Canham....look at her now!

In saying that Jame's carry on yesterday was very cringe.
Ikr! I was a McFly stan at the time and loved McBusted...just chill people and go with the flow. If McFly had wanted to release that album instead, they'd have done it!
Lol that entire "relationship" is so cringe.

I joined SuperCity because I wanted a signed certificate lol They seemed to give up on it fairly fast though.
I felt I got my moneys worth though as £40 got me my autographs :D then the Above the Noise album, plus all the live streams including 1 of Harry's where I got a shout out.
I liked Nowhere Left To Run the silly film they did even bought myself the dvd
I'm pretty sure they didn't follow through on something they promised fans on that site...but my memory fails me. Probably the rewards?

Does anyone remember a few years ago when Tom had just released another book or something he was whinging in his stories about McFly fans constantly asking him why they weren’t releasing a new album and basically blaming him because he kept doing other stuff instead. I’ve never been a massive fan or anything but I thought that was really bad. He wouldn’t be able to do any of that other stuff if it weren’t for mcfly fans in the first place!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Was anyone here on the original McFly Street Team? It was like a really early version of the Supercity - you signed up and they would send you flyers and you had to go out promoting McFly and they promised you amazing rewards for doing so. I recruited friends and handed out 5CIHH flyers every weekend in Manchester, then sent in proof of me doing it and waited excitedly to receive my amazing reward. I received... a McFly frisbee. 🙃 My 13-year-old self was pleased but looking back now, what a swizz! They just took it further with Supercity. Fans and their money are easily parted and McFly (or their management) always seemed super aware of that.

I went to one of their signings once (when I was a little older) and Dougie wrote 'nice boobs' on my CD sleeve. 🥴

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Was anyone here on the original McFly Street Team? It was like a really early version of the Supercity - you signed up and they would send you flyers and you had to go out promoting McFly and they promised you amazing rewards for doing so. I recruited friends and handed out 5CIHH flyers every weekend in Manchester, then sent in proof of me doing it and waited excitedly to receive my amazing reward. I received... a McFly frisbee. 🙃 My 13-year-old self was pleased but looking back now, what a swizz! They just took it further with Supercity. Fans and their money are easily parted and McFly (or their management) always seemed super aware of that.

I went to one of their signings once (when I was a little older) and Dougie wrote 'nice boobs' on my CD sleeve. 🥴
I did that never gave out the flyers though, still got most of them plus a 'that girl' badge and a cd slipcase

I'm pretty sure they didn't follow through on something they promised fans on that site...but my memory fails me. Probably the rewards?
That wouldnt shock me as they just gave up on even doing the live streams.
I know because of the site failing on day 1 we got a extra 'gift' in membership pack. Which was just a picture of the band on card

• Haha
I think they are hoping for a jonas brothers style reunion but I don’t think that’s really going to happen for them. It depends on how good the music is really. If they have actually got together and written songs that would be relevant today then that’s one thing but if they are just re-hashing an old album that never got released then personally I don’t think that would work.

Reactions: 3
I prefer Charlie in Fighstar... there I said it. I couldn’t hold it in.

If you haven’t listened to Fightstar, I recommend. I think they’re great, Be Human is my fave album.

When busted announced they were coming back I thought we’d get something like this: heavy / pop / grown up.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I prefer Charlie in Fighstar... there I said it. I couldn’t hold it in.

If you haven’t listened to Fightstar, I recommend. I think they’re great, Be Human is my fave album.

When busted announced they were coming back I thought we’d get something like this: heavy / pop / grown up.
I don't mind fightstar either. Despite my comments about Charlie, they're not bad!

Also, I am hoping that McFly do well, I still like their music. I guess only time will tell.

I didn't really rate busted's album but I think it's because my taste changed since I was young because i only like about 3 of busted's original songs.

Better than This was great! Especially when Matt sang it on the tour in like 2004 😂

I did like James but feel like he's a bit immature and I swear he has a new girlfriend every two minutes or something!!

I don't really blame McFly fans for being annoyed (they didn't need to be so mean, granted) but let McFly have their moment and announce your record deal the following few days! Or earlier! 😬

Reactions: 4
I don’t know if this is interesting to anyone but I live very close to Tom and Giovanna and see them around quite a lot. Have also seen Matt and Emma a couple of times (not with T&G) because they live relatively close by too. Have to say that Emma is seriously drop dead gorgeous in real life. No make up, hair scraped back and leggings on, and she still looks incredible. Friendly too. Matt very attractive too - is quite a big bloke, which I was surprised about. Tom seems very normal and friendly. Giovanna I didn’t recognise when I first saw her, she seems much shorter in real life. Gives off a bit of an important vibe unfortunately.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.