Maura Higgins

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interesting! but it has already been confirmed, surely, by the Daily Mail piece? I find the world of celebrity journalism very confusing!
This is why I mentioned exclusive and sources said this don’t mean a thing. Simon from the sun tried to claim he had the exclusive details and wrote a story on it. Sarah from the daily mail called him out on it- she deleted her tweet but it was a screenshot of him congratulating her on the daily mail piece 🤣

the reps have confirmed it but now they seem to be digging because they all want the first exclusive date pictures. If they do go ‘Instagram official’ it will be a race on who writes the story first. Journalist in these tabloids are pathetic but I still read them. They will keep baiting them out in hope for details and it’s standard they do it with most new ‘romances’

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
if it says ‘exclusive’ and ‘sources’ on a story it doesn’t necessary mean it’s true.

that story originally came from ok magazine and has been repeated by the daily mirror. Ok mag have a hard on for her and especially the journalist Kat Romero. When Maura first became single Kat went on her page to see which blue ticks have been liking her picture and then made a fake story up last week that Maura and Gio unfollowed each other. The unfollowing story got deleted the next day. All these stories now are just trying to bait them out to confirm things.
Imagine studying journalism for 4 years then having to spew out shite this like everyday

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Ugh. Well presumably she is at his show in Blackpool tonight and the infamous pap pics will emerge!

Reactions: 2
Nothing! just saying that the pap pics will be out so the journos will be happy given their desperation to get them..

imagine going into journalism thinking you will make a difference and expose drug barons etc and you end up spending your days scrolling twitter for a story on reality stars. 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Imagine studying journalism for 4 years then having to spew out shite this like everyday
imagine going into journalism thinking you will make a difference and expose drug barons etc and you end up spending your days scrolling twitter for a story on reality stars. 😬
I always thought this too like so embarrassing. Imagine meeting a stranger at an event or something and them asking what you do and you say I'm a journalist and they're like oh my god amazing wow, so what big stories have you covered thinking you were about to list off some amazing stories about uncover crime etc and you go 'so I actually broke the story on Maura Higgins & (I don't actually know his name but pretend bahahaahaha)..' like cringe.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Tabloid journalists are a whole different animal to serious broadsheet journalists - a ‘proper’ journalist has a sound academic background and is able to analysis data and formulate ideas. Obviously this is not the remit of tabloid journalism.

However not withstanding the complicated relationship of PR and tabloid journalism I think a message has been sent that this is a fling not an on going relationship

Having said that apparently she went to his opening show at blackpool - so maybe it is more serious

I too thought the Maura and Giovanni were genuine because it was private but to be honest even a real relationship can be milked for PR if one or both of them are up for it - there's is just something really odd about the coverage of all this.

Like a lot of people I thought the initial reports of them hooking up seemed like idle speculation. I know it's not uncommon for showbiz journalists in the current age to investigate who follows whom and who's liking each others instagram posts but it seemed like a bit of reach that two random public figures followed each other liked each others latest posts meant that they were romantically involved. Even when they were both in Cornwall (a popular holiday destination when foreign travel is restricted) at the same time seemed like it could be a coincidence - it's not like they were even spotted together yet the press treated it like an almost certainty that they were screwing.

Then there is all this 'sources close to Maura' leaking stuff to the press about her belief he could be a player. It almost seems like these stories are being deliberately planted by her team. Despite my initial belief that this was genuine romance she wanted to keep quiet it's starting to look like her most contrived romance yet.

Reactions: 1
Her post although she didn’t tag her location it was obvious it was Cornwall.He did get spotted in Cornwall there was pics posted of him online with fans. The Cornwall trip got exposed by a travel blogger saying she seen a famous dancer and 2 love islanders. I did wonder if they contacted the blogger since they kept mentioning her in every story at the start. The press think everyone is screwing, nothing new there!.

The player story was original from ok mag and I believe they made the player stuff up- the same as last week lying that they unfollowed each other when they didn’t. As for sources I keep seeing sources said this from Gio and Maura side but I just take it with a pinch of salt. It’s like they’re trying to push them into speaking about it openly which is rather weird to me. The only story I believe was confirmed by both parties was Sarah story in the daily mail at the start of the week.

I think they both are just having fun and don’t want to label it or announce anything; he’s going to be busy with dance and she’s going to Ireland soon, they could be waiting to see after that.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The whole reporting on Maura and Giovanni seems more than a little reminiscent of the how the press initially reported on speculation she was hooking up with Chris. Remember the very staged looking pap shots of him of gleefully strutting out of her flat during the first lockdown with 'sources close to Maura and Chris' describing their budding romance.

A genuine romance may or may not have eventually developed between them (after she tried dating Bradley James) but there's little doubt in my mind that all the hyping up of a potential romance between them was a way to deflect from the negative stories about Maura being the cause of the breakdown of her Dancing On Ice partner's marriage and to keep her and Chris relevant during a time that would have otherwise been difficult. Truth is Maura herself is incredibly media savvy and she's with a management that is very well connected to the press and has even pushed former islanders to engage in a sham romances.

The blogger who tweeted about seeing two Love Islanders and a Strictly pro in Cornwall didn't even see Maura and Giovanni together. Why would the press be so adamant that and a couple of instagram likes meant they were together (on balance you'd more immediately assume she was there with a fellow Islander) unless someone from Maura or Giovanni's camp was tipping them off?

There is also the fact that all this runs very contrary to how Maura has incessantly described herself. After a break up she needs a long time to heal and doesn't get into new relationships straight away. That she's a relationship girl that doesn't casually date or have flings. If this relationship with Giovanni is the real deal it seems Maura is full of sh*t and if it is PR driven...well she's still full of sh*t but in a different way.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
The whole reporting on Maura and Giovanni seems more than a little reminiscent of the how the press initially reported on speculation she was hooking up with Chris. Remember the very staged looking pap shots of him of gleefully strutting out of her flat during the first lockdown with 'sources close to Maura and Chris' describing their budding romance.

A genuine romance may or may not have eventually developed between them (after she tried dating Bradley James) but there's little doubt in my mind that all the hyping up of a potential romance between them was a way to deflect from the negative stories about Maura being the cause of the breakdown of her Dancing On Ice partner's marriage and to keep her and Chris relevant during a time that would have otherwise been difficult. Truth is Maura herself is incredibly media savvy and she's with a management that is very well connected to the press and has even pushed a former islanders to engage in a sham romances.

The blogger who tweeted about seeing two Love Islanders and a Strictly pro in Cornwall didn't even see Maura and Giovanni together. Why would the press be so adamant that and a couple of instagram likes meant they were together (on balance you'd more immediately assume she was there with a fellow Islander) unless someone from Maura or Giovanni's camp was tipping them off?

There is also the fact that all this runs very contrary to how Maura has incessantly described herself. After a break up she needs time to heal and doesn't get into new relationships straight away. That she's a relationship girl that doesn't casually date or have flings. If this relationship Giovanni is real deal it seems Maura is full of sh*t and if it is PR driven...well she's still full of sh*t but in a different way.
Calm down! 😝 Wow you are way too invested in Maura. No need to write another book with regurgitated information from the tabloids 😂 You do know they make up stories. There hasn’t even been a photo or statement from their management. People are allowed to just date.

Reactions: 1
You do realise the nature of Tattle, right? I'm not even the first person on this thread to speculate that the Maura/Giovanni 'relationship' may be a PR stunt. All we have to go on when discussing this is what is being reported in the press. I don't know why you feel Maura should be exempt from the usual scrutiny influencers get on here.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Actually the pap shot of Chris ‘strutting’ from her house mid June was funny because it that the same time they tried to say she was dating Micheal. Her, Stephanie, Chris, Michael, Danny and Jordan all go for dinner. They said she was dating Michael because he posted her smiling on ig stories. I remember that night they all went back to Maura’s for drinks and then Chris got papped- joke kind of on them because the story hours before claimed it was Michael.

Her and Chris always had the flirty friend vibe but he did post her on his page a few times before she was single. Ohh and I do believe they drummed up more flirty friends vibe later the summer just to keep them relevant. And it help keep ‘fans’ interested in the will they won’t they get together.

The blogger never tweeted for starters. She said she seen two love islands and a rather well known dancer, the hotel reposted it then ok magazine wrote the story. Like I showed if my previous message Kat from ok has been checking all Maura recent follows and likes since she been single. She would probably checked Giovanni too. They mentioned how Maura and Kai followed each other. It wouldn’t take much for them to see molly and gio following since they’re checking all the likes and follows 😂

Both posting the football just helps prove they’re hooking up. Why else would she be at an Italy match. Everybody in the fame game are media savvy and have smart management.

A source said: "They're a thing now. At first it was just a couple of dates and some fun but it's getting more serious and they're clearly really into each other."They're keeping it a bit quiet as they've both had failed public relationships but it's hotting up really fast.“They're both career-driven and ambitious, which are qualities they find really attractive in each other.” ^^^ I believe this came from both parties and this is what the daily mail had “romance” confirmed.

Ok magazine are the ones desperate throwing up cornwall stories, unfollowing stories and player stories I think are all bullshit. I don’t believe any of Ok mag sources, they couldn’t get anything confirmed from the start considering they were the ones with the interest then the sun/dmirror picked up. Daily mail were the last ones to write about the dating scene but they got the confirmation. From daily mail confirmed story it didn’t paint one in a better light, it seemed equal.

Last edited:
I suppose at the end of the day the speculation results in more articles and press coverage - I imagine the tabloids want the first photo of them together and perhaps the first interview. If they were just clearly together that would be that, we’d all know and just move on.
this thread has been dead for months -
Suddenly it’s popping. It’s the speculation that’s intriguing

Her insistence that she’s a ‘relationship girl’ was contradicted by one her grid girl ‘friends’ (can’t remember her name), who said they were all hooking up back in the day. Also all of the men she’s been linked to have not lasted. Maura’s team do everything in their power to make sure they control the narrative, even having comments removed when they’re not even bad. She’s a two bit underwear ‘model’ with zero personality and that voice is like being water boarded. She wishes she had MM life and will do anything to bag a ‘power couple’ relationship, but sadly the men she actually likes aren’t remotely interested in her.

Reactions: 3
Well they are clearly together: she was at his Blackpool show, posted pics from Blackpool Pleasure Beach and he also posted from there, and they were spotted snogging at a taxi rank in Blackpool by someone on FB. The question is really just: is it a fling, how much is PR, is she trying to get stories out there or not? he has always tried to keep his romances private: even when he was papped kissing Ashley Roberts in Miami at the start of their relationship he refused to comment on it.