Matt Haig

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
meant to post this a couple of days ago but then Jack went to Conference and I forgot all about it

sorry everyone šŸ˜¬

Screenshot_20210928-212307_Twitter.jpg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Matt, given that you love Marcus Aurelius and you love reading here, got a little gem for you to ponder over šŸ˜˜.

ā€œIt never ceases to amaze me: we all love ourselves more than other people, but care more about their opinion than our ownā€.

Edit- I want to go and post this on Mackieā€™s thread and a certain runner who is kicking off about tattle.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
was in two minds about posting these from earlier today, but honestly, duck him. utter prick.

I've searched for this "quote" both on twitter and on here. the closest thing I've found is my description of his convalescence at his parents' reading camus on here. so, hiya matt šŸ– believe me, I know all about panic disorder and depression and I don't have the safety net you did and it's allowed to not like you

20210929_230249.jpg

20210929_230302.jpg

also, he seems to not know the difference between martini the cocktail and martini the vermouth, which I'm assuming isn't a *manly* drink (obvs piers is a worse prick)

20210929_230216.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Is he for real? Could this not have waited a few days or better still not tweeted at all? Jheez, talk about self-absorbed. Yes, men can have it tough but he has no idea what itā€™s like to be a woman and the ingrained fear that brings. Heā€™s right though, there arenā€™t enough ā€˜duck offsā€™ in the world.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
7EDEDA07-6C7B-417C-B393-582A55D1489D.jpeg

Sarahā€™s parents are going to grieve forever. That will never dissipate. Are you going to tell them to ā€œhold onā€ while tweeting how hard it is to be a man?

Oh, and by the way, grief disorder is listed in the DSM. I have recommended you read it numerous times.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
meant to post this a couple of days ago but then Jack went to Conference and I forgot all about it

sorry everyone šŸ˜¬

View attachment 785566
He really is Mr Self Promotion isn't he?!

was in two minds about posting these from earlier today, but honestly, duck him. utter prick.

I've searched for this "quote" both on twitter and on here. the closest thing I've found is my description of his convalescence at his parents' reading camus on here. so, hiya matt šŸ– believe me, I know all about panic disorder and depression and I don't have the safety net you did and it's allowed to not like you

View attachment 787333
View attachment 787334

also, he seems to not know the difference between martini the cocktail and martini the vermouth, which I'm assuming isn't a *manly* drink (obvs piers is a worse prick)

View attachment 787339
*Eye roll* He 'saw' that someone said that, i.e. they didn't say it directly to him, i.e. he went looking for criticism. He then twists the wording and bleats about it on twatter, where he gets a flood of ego-boosting responses.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Heā€™s getting an absolute battering on Twitter, in terms of the timing of the tweet and the wanky content. Theyā€™ll be another self-pitying tweet in 5..4..3..2..

Reactions: 11
I think the 'man' tweet has been deleted, but I've seen several people share the screenshot

I like this response

20210930_083836.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
'Paul, I really hate to point out the obvious, but that was the joke. Of course men arenā€™t forbidden to eat lychees. Or wear pink. I was responding to Piers Morganā€™s ill-timed totally faux-outrage that he wants his heroes to be assassins but not ones that wear pink.

9:36 AM Ā· Sep 30, 2021Ā·Twitter for iPhone'

Ah it was a joke! Oh course!

• Sad
Reactions: 1
duck off with your pink shirt outrages

women are being killed by men.

I donā€™t care if they wear pink.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Insufferable.
So after preaching about leaving each other alone and being nice and acceptance he is mad he isnā€™t getting the negative energy and interactions he complains about?! Did he really just confirm that all he can do is moan about other people and their opinions?!

Reactions: 4
View attachment 787532
Sarahā€™s parents are going to grieve forever. That will never dissipate. Are you going to tell them to ā€œhold onā€ while tweeting how hard it is to be a man?

Oh, and by the way, grief disorder is listed in the DSM. I have recommended you read it numerous times.
Everything he writes reads like he has just boshed out the first thing to come into his head then declared it a brilliant work of genius that requires no editing whatsoever. Like Jack Monroe's recipes.

• Haha