Matt Haig

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
he's been asking for film recs for "2 tired grown ups" as well and making sure he replies to plenty.

classic "shove the tit down the timeline" behaviour. we've seen it all before

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
I don't get what he doesn't get. He, as a person with a huge following, says something stupid. People rightly are allowed to object. He now tries to imply all sorts of sinister conspiracy theories about how twitter is getting worse and he is just an innocent naive getting unfairly pilloried.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
thought he was meant to be watching a film?

Screenshot_20210714-194500_Twitter.jpg

honestly, I'm expecting a Thread 31 situation any minute now!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
thought he was meant to be watching a film?

View attachment 662888

honestly, I'm expecting a Thread 31 situation any minute now!
Matt, there are people on this thread saying that you actively made them feel worse or very distressed when they looked to you for advice about problems they have had with their mental health. Care to step into the ring? If you've read enough Tattle you'll know waiting until Thread 31 is considered traditional but you're clearly an unstoppable force of nature.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
oh great, mask discourse 😴

View attachment 663034
Oh my god, you are joking. He calls himself a mental health campaigner and he 'can't see why people are funny about masks.' Maybe he should have listened over the last year to the myriad reasons why masks have been a problem for some people. Glad he's happy to alienate those who have been abused and struggle to cover their face. Or people who are hard of hearing whos needs have been basically ignored. Or people like me, with autism, not that anyone knows, who gets extremely flustered and confused when wearing one but I've carried on because I couldn't bear being glared at. The man can only see the world through his own experience. He has absolutely zero empathy.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
i think we're meant to respond with "they insulted my face!" kind of things. we're not like that, babe.

(but you do look older than mr kcc who is older than you) I'm petty, whatever

Screenshot_20210714-223118_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
He is NOT a mental health expert in anything other than his own mental health. He hasn't studied it, he has no qualifications, he just found a niche on Twitter when there was nobody else and has made a career out of it. I wish the media wouldnt give him that label. I used to really like him but he is just so intensely unlikeable now. Plus he is never off Twitter. He needs a day off.

Reactions: 29
He is NOT a mental health expert in anything other than his own mental health. He hasn't studied it, he has no qualifications, he just found a niche on Twitter when there was nobody else and has made a career out of it. I wish the media wouldnt give him that label. I used to really like him but he is just so intensely unlikeable now. Plus he is never off Twitter. He needs a day off.
Totally agree with you. It really angers me when he’s looked upon as a mental health expert. It’s dangerous.

Reactions: 13
Oh my god, you are joking. He calls himself a mental health campaigner and he 'can't see why people are funny about masks.' Maybe he should have listened over the last year to the myriad reasons why masks have been a problem for some people. Glad he's happy to alienate those who have been abused and struggle to cover their face. Or people who are hard of hearing whos needs have been basically ignored. Or people like me, with autism, not that anyone knows, who gets extremely flustered and confused when wearing one but I've carried on because I couldn't bear being glared at. The man can only see the world through his own experience. He has absolutely zero empathy.
I have autism myself and I still wear one for the same reason, plus I have family members who are high-risk. I panic after a while but I still wear them. I even have a small collection of reusable ones to wear with medical ones because I don’t want to feel so medicalised.

He’s such a prize twit. He really can’t see anything beyond his own horizon.

Reactions: 5
0900am
man best known for mental health writing appears on tv to talk about stress - a subject that affects mental health

Screenshot_20210715-111603_Twitter.jpg

1100am

"I am not a mental health writer!!!"

20210715_111715.jpg

disingenuous prick

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
0900am
man best known for mental health writing appears on tv to talk about stress - a subject that affects mental health

View attachment 663846

1100am

"I am not a mental health writer!!!"

View attachment 663847

disingenuous prick
So if it’s not a mental health book, and he’s not setting himself up as some sort of expert, why does he accept an offer to appear on television to talk about and give advice on stress / mental health issues? What a disingenuous areshole 😡

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 15