Matt Haig

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A parody you say? Surely not?

Summer

One day like this a year would see me right. Remember that when you are heavy like a loaded gun. Try to throw those curtains wide and drink in the morning sun. Remember that when you have had to shake off a heavy one. Go outside and blink in the morning sun. One day like this a year would see me right.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
A parody you say? Surely not?

Summer

One day like this a year would see me right. Remember that when you are heavy like a loaded gun. Try to throw those curtains wide and drink in the morning sun. Remember that when you have had to shake off a heavy one. Go outside and blink in the morning sun. One day like this a year would see me right.
round a fire pit late on a Brighton summer evening:

"man, this is so profound. andrea, have I ever told you 'holy cow, I love your eyes'?"

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So, somethings been annoying me for a while but I couldnā€™t quite put my finger on it.

In 2013, a book was published called Stay. It is a history of suicide but also lays out a ā€œmoral case against itā€. In his latest tweet, I just cannot understand how no one else has seen the similarities between his 2015 book and this one, published 2 years earlier.
First image is his latest tweet. Second image is her dedication at the start of Stay. Third image is the final line of Stay.
A44C53E9-AA89-4C11-8B7B-17AE3B1E9682.jpeg

DDF2DC5E-CC95-4B73-AADB-2FC8F8453C32.jpeg

DD489BBA-A528-4E8D-8A50-700FAAA86468.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
No one is challenging him in the comments either which is annoying.
So, somethings been annoying me for a while but I couldnā€™t quite put my finger on it.

In 2013, a book was published called Stay. It is a history of suicide but also lays out a ā€œmoral case against itā€. In his latest tweet, I just cannot understand how no one else has seen the similarities between his 2015 book and this one, published 2 years earlier.
First image is his latest tweet. Second image is her dedication at the start of Stay. Third image is the final line of Stay.
View attachment 670238
View attachment 670239
View attachment 670240
I read Stay years ago and found it really moving and helpful at a very painful time, and sort of the opposite of Haig, so I find this really disturbing. It feels as if he may have taken things from Stay without really understanding or engaging with it at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I read Stay years ago and found it really moving and helpful at a very painful time, and sort of the opposite of Haig, so I find this really disturbing. It feels as if he may have taken things from Stay without really understanding or engaging with it at all.
I still go back to it now. There are sections of it that are so useful in times of need.

It is upsetting and disturbing as you say. I just wish other people could see this.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think the message in both is fairly generic suicide prevention messaging, and I wouldn't necessarily say one had taken from the other. However the excerpt from Stay is beautifully written and makes me want to read more. It's also more expansive in terms of how it frames things in relation to others and not just the individual, which I like. It makes MH's writing seem even worse, if that's possible.

Reactions: 16
8FC4C9FB-1F1F-411A-9A8E-BBD8A40BB020.jpeg

Growth (hot Tunnelā€™s version)

When everything is hot we tend not to grow and change. Growth and change comes from when we donā€™t spend every minute thinking about ways to cool down. It would be really good if humans could have evolved a way to be chill in say, millionty degree temperatures. Hey ho. Wait for the heat to pass, grow when the rain is plentiful, become verdant, evolve.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I think this may be related to the Marcus Rashford stuff I've just posted over in Jack's thread and, yeah he's right.

Screenshot_20210720-213719_Twitter.jpg

but this tweet is just so typical of his tweets the last of couple of days. vague, non-committal, "oh, that's bad šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø" kinda stuff

he clearly got badly burned last week and is keeping a lid on things. shame, I like mess!

Reactions: 7
Heā€™s a classic case of ā€˜think before you tweetā€™ and he certainly does not. He then goes all sheepish like this, until itā€™s safe to tweet tit again. Rinse and repeat.

Reactions: 7
this is the face of a man who is about to play his spotify "summer vibes šŸ–šŸŒ‡šŸŒ„šŸŒ†šŸ”„šŸ’•" playlist.

it's just One Day Like This (ofc), Pompeii and Mr Brightside on a loop*

20210720_222420.jpg

(*full disclosure - I love these songs, they are some of my all time faves, but they have become so associated with the mediocre white cishet man who doesn't listen to lyrics, just likes a big chorus, it's embarrassing)

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Oh I hate this jam strangling duck pig worse than I hate anyone on this earth. There is nothing I can add to this thread that hasn't already been said, but I would like to (hypothetically ) happily kick him straight in the knackers, while wearing steel tore cap boots. The delusional, grifting. disingenuous. doe eyed bleep.
I was looking at his recent book reviews on Amazon and now they won't stop recommended me his tit back catalogue.
The mental health warrior types on SM always manage to annoy me eventually

• Haha
Reactions: 13
It's frustrating to see him talk about having a non alcoholic G&T to be "good" but then ending up having a proper gin anyway. Some of them are really excellent and as a non-drinker, literally for mental health reasons, this is so annoying to see.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
this is the face of a man who is about to play his spotify "summer vibes šŸ–šŸŒ‡šŸŒ„šŸŒ†šŸ”„šŸ’•" playlist.

it's just One Day Like This (ofc), Pompeii and Mr Brightside on a loop*

View attachment 672123

(*full disclosure - I love these songs, they are some of my all time faves, but they have become so associated with the mediocre white cishet man who doesn't listen to lyrics, just likes a big chorus, it's embarrassing)
He always seems so joyless and moany.
Even having a nice G & T in the garden comes across moany. He really is Eeyore (a reference to A A Milne of which he is so fond).

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Two things from yesterdayā€™s antics.

1.Matt cycling round Brighton ā€œhiding booksā€ but not because he has told everyone where they are confirms to be that there is no truly altruistic act.

2. The final thing he posted yesterday was this. However, he also posted a number of other things about Bezos. My gut is that he actually may want to go to space but is afraid to admit it in the current SM climate and this final post is what he thinks is the general feeling on the situation. Just own up and have an original thought Matt, I know it may be hard but really, it feels liberating.

8D28E720-9D91-45B9-AB11-2CBE892C0998.jpeg

Reactions: 5
How can one bloke be such a "hun". Ooh cheeky wine. Love a gin and tonic in the garden. Middle class wanker.

If this is what "a man being in touch with your own mental health" is promoted as by the media then no wonder blokes have such problems expressing themselves.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Everything is a quote with him. Why doesnt he speak properly on social media rather than every posting being an attempt for it to be shared and him go viral. It's so transparent

"Had a Seedlip, hated it so went back to the Tanqueray. Cheers everyone". but no, it has to be moaning and whining. He must be exhausting to live with

Reactions: 15
Ummmm. I will not be softened, I repeat, I will not be softenedā€¦ (*ex-teacher, married to a shattered teacher quietly crumbles in a corner)
03A4DC2C-97EC-4598-B03D-8449C715CFFF.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 8