Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jobackhorsewoman

Not only that but some with mental health problems face psychological barriers that stop them from doing these 'self care' activities. It's all very well telling someone to look after themselves physically or do things for themselves but it's not as simple as 'have a bath' or 'go on holiday'.
So true. And he is very much focusing on the depression and anxiety end of the spectrum AFAIK. I'm NOT saying those aren't awful conditions to have but they are a different kettle of fish to, for ex, severe and enduring schizophrenia/psychosis where people struggle to know what's real or isn't, and/or to live independently. Not that those things never happen with depression/anxiety but they are still the "less scary" and stigmatised end of mental health for most people.

Reactions: 5

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
I might message him (I won’t) and ask him about his connected page. Can there ever be an entirely altruistic act Matt? Is that the point you were getting at in this page of tosh? Because if you were, it isn’t exactly an original idea.

Twat.

Trickywoo

VIP Member
I bought his book as everyone was advocating it saying how amazing it is (esp for those with mental health issues), I’ve had anxiety and depression forever so thought I’d give it a go. I thought it was the most inane, bordering on patronising, crap. I don’t like his book, and I don’t like him, his whole vibe is off. Imo he just wants constant validation. No thanks.
Got it in one - self validation. He's raking money in and then there's the film too.

Dogleggedhat

VIP Member
While I do think covid should be taken seriously, Matt has completely taken this out of context.

The Rock did an IG video about he and his family (wife and daughters) having covid. They are better now after 3 weeks. He goes on about how it's the most difficult thing they have been through...but it seemed like he was talking about emotionally. As he is meant to protect his family but couldn't. Matt seems to have worded it as though The Rock found it physically hard and I'm not saying he didn't but that wasn't mentioned in the video.

Context is everything and Matt is skewing it.

Love the rock and watched that video and he was pretty clear that the reason he found it so tough was because his kids and wife also got it and he struggled because he couldn’t protect them.He’s an articulate man and there was no mistaking what he meant in my opinion. Matt definitely skewed it,which doesn’t surprise me(not saying that covid wouldn’t be absolutely horrific for some people and definitely the worse thing they had gone through,but the physical part of the illness did not seem to be the bit the rock struggled with most).

bcfc999

Chatty Member
"Reframe rain" has pissed me off. Also, I got given The Midnight Library for Christmas and I'm quite annoyed that it had the potential to be a good book if it had been written by literally anybody else.

Trickywoo

VIP Member
🙄 He is actually exhausting. I unfollowed a long time ago.
I haven't bought or read his book......but find him a really boring self obsessed individual. He only really replies to comments if they're made by people with the Blue tick. All pals together. The.......oh I have a book out....please buy it brigade !

kachoochoo

VIP Member
3. I don’t know which one I liked the best… Saturday or On Chesil Beach.

Either way, he is nowhere near Ian McEwan.

If he tells me to hold on one more time I will eat the rug in my living room.

Furthermore Matt, I don’t want to go to space either. I actually don’t want go to France. I just want to see my Mum and Dad which I haven’t since 8th March 2020.

Piss off.
View attachment 644882
they're both great. think Atonement's my fave. and this knobhead thinks his tea towel crap and "edgy" early novels are worthy of comparison

nice to see you and hope you're ok @Into_the_tunnel 🤗

• Heart

PunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
Nope, still insufferable. He's somehow been making the Israel/Palestine conflict (!) and now Matthew Perry's death all about himself and his own preoccupations (ranting about the gun lobby in a tribute). I've never known someone so self-absorbed and self-righteous at the same time.
The gun lobby? I know he's not exactly on first name terms with reality but it's hard to imagine how that fits the picture?

ETA went and found it.
Stopped counting after twenty uses of "I" so unsure of exact total.
Love it when people use a death as an excuse to pay "tribute" via stories that centre themselves, absolutely unsurprised that he's done it, the sulky little narc.
What a hot take re the opiate crisis. Cutting edge.

Attachments

Last edited:

bubbletea123

VIP Member
His book how to stay alive at first made me think, great, something I can read to give me hope.
It was extremely depressing and I think self-indulgent. Saw some bits and pieces on Twitter, and he seemed like completely unrelatable and privileged in my opinion. I couldn't finish the book, unfortunately.
It's funny as one of his books (Notes on a Nervous Planet) goes on about how the media and many corporations aim is to make people feel down, yet I feel his book did that too. It seemed depressing.

Shineyshine

VIP Member
he has no qualifications beyond being commissioned to write trite books

some screenshots I've taken today:

like, you could probably do something about this, given your "influence"

View attachment 630005

I have no idea what any of this means, but I know it sounds like a thick person trying to sound clever

View attachment 630008

dude, you've told us all of this already🤷‍♀️

View attachment 630013

oh, and I cba to grab them all but his recent stories seem to be asking what he should write next and so, what will sell best
He makes me sick.

• Heart

SarcasticEllis

VIP Member
I see his latest soundbite has been shared by all the arsehole influencers to deflect from their shady behaviour.
It’s like the 2021 version of “be kind”

pommobear

VIP Member
Tetyanawrites is on her Instagram stories about MH again. Apparently MH's wife has messaged her to say she's a liar.

• Wow