Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kachoochoo

VIP Member
at the rate he's tweeting pages from this book, there'll be no point in anyone buying it! and yet they will 🥴

it's so infuriating that he makes so much money from this nonsense

20210608_190821.jpg

20210608_190834.jpg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6

Shineyshine

VIP Member
Made an account solely to reply to this thread.

I’m a super small-time writer on Twitter and one day Matt followed me out of the blue. In fact, he followed a lot of people from the writing community. He seemed like a decent bloke and interacted with most people.

Then his fame jumped up, and sure enough he unfollows us all and no longer interacts with the same people he used to. I know this really doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things and it’s hardly the biggest crime in the world but for somebody who sells the idea of connecting with people and being vulnerable, he was sure quick to slam that door shut once he ascended above us plebs.

Really rubbed me the wrong way.
Yeah, I can see why that would be annoying.
It cements my impression of him that he’s a twat.

Flivver

VIP Member
This week we have Tourist Information MH. Designed especially for the poor buggers who can’t afford a lovely twee twatathon in the magical land of Scotland.

Nice views interspersed with quotes from his own books. Self promotion as usual. At least he hasn’t shared any pics of his meals (that’s to come I expect).

lilamay

VIP Member
How self indulgent - I just wanted to read this so I wrote it and not at all because I can con everyone into paying 17 quid for it.
What a rip off!

And such a shame to think of all the genuinely brilliant books that get little attention.

kachoochoo

VIP Member
I absolutely stan Mollie Goodfellow, her take down of this was just *chef's kiss*. He's such a prize bellend.
yeah, love her too. the goats on her walks, her silly little car, the Thursday roast chicken... I actually bought a big gingham midi dress because she looks so good in hers! 😆

• Heart

Googlez

His book how to stay alive at first made me think, great, something I can read to give me hope.
It was extremely depressing and I think self-indulgent. Saw some bits and pieces on Twitter, and he seemed like completely unrelatable and privileged in my opinion. I couldn't finish the book, unfortunately.

kachoochoo

VIP Member
and you can do all this and still search for the tiniest criticism and dunk on people. absolute clown

20210607_130406.jpg

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
She posted a screenshot about Matt saying he was hacked or its fake accounts. There were also screenshots of DMs with people saying he is reaching out now to make sure no one says anything bad about him and then Matt was deflecting big time with his “rare genetic disorder” that causes high cholesterol. She might be trying to insert herself into this but she made a point about how she has a lot more freedom because of how small her platform is compared to others as she doesn’t have an agent and a manager, doesn’t have deals that can be taken away and so on… I think she has tea she is just going the wrong way about using it. Also if they contacted Matt’s management/agent I’d totally get why they aren’t publishing the “receipts” yet.

Shineyshine

VIP Member
film trailer's here, along with the predictable "what, little old me?" tweet as if he didn't have the contacts and didn't deliberately write a book with the full intention of a xmas film

looks crap anyway

View attachment 764912

Ffs I couldn’t even bring myself to watch the whole trailer 🤮 Times like this I’m extremely thankful I don’t have kids so I don’t have to suffer watching shite like that 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

Doobots

Chatty Member
LOL, what a dolt. Such an attention seeker.
Thing is, without Twitter he'd lose readers for his books. He needs it to keep pumping out the retweetable inspirational quotes and smug lefty politics (our political stances are pretty similar but the way he goes on irritates even me) that got him so much interest in the first place.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
"corny like a hallmark movie and probably the least subtle book I've ever read"

Hi all! I don't really frequent this thread but thought you'd like to know a fairly popular book YouTuber reviewed his latest work and...was not a fan. 🤣 I only knew his name off of mentions of him in other threads on Tattle but wow he sounds annoying.

Review starts at 7 minutes 52 seconds, fair warning if it will upset anyone: there are mentions of suicide, joking about suicide & she uses the word "bitches" a lot.

Just watched this and it was so good.
She can articulate so well the problems a lot of people have with Matt Haig's work. (It also applies to his SM presence, not that she was referring to that).
I heard the Midnight Library serialised on Radio 4 and actually thought it wasn't terrible 🙈 but realise there had been a serious amount of abridging. Lots of the Quantum Leap lives were not mentioned. And presumably a lot of the 'Live, Laugh, Love' waffle.
No doubt Cindy will be dismissed by him as a troll, bully, hater and/or wanker.

• Heart

Doobots

Chatty Member
He once tweeted about writing a book about gender/feminism/masculinity or something along those lines, and at the slightest bit of questioning he had a temper tantrum and said something along the lines of no wonder men don't speak up.

I'm glad some people seem to get something out of his talking about mental health but I can't personally stand his bland observations.
It seems to be quite prevalent amongst the big Tweeters that if anyone questions them they have a tantrum. It's a medium meant for conversation, part of conversations is asking one another questions. At least a good one is!