Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Limey

VIP Member
Obligatory hospital post. They are all the same aren’t they?

Went for a run. Poor me.
Chest pains. Poor me.
Don’t know what it is. Poor me.
Sat in here for hours. Poor me.
Send sympathy. Poor me.
NHS is fab (but giving it a sly dig anyway). Poor me.

Cut forward a few hours.

Everything is fine. Still poor me.
Is he related to Jack Monroe? They have a great deal in common, it seems.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

kachoochoo

VIP Member
I have already read more of this book than I ever intended and it is bilge. Is he taking the piss with this?
you'd think he was, wouldn't you?

but, apparently, this kinda shit is catnip for his fans and we're all just haters for thinking that this is simply reductive nonsense

Screenshot_20210709-213835_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20210709-213930_Twitter.jpg

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Sad

rexion

Man needs to stop raging about Twitter. He literally said it was the worst thing since the nuclear bomb the other day.

• Wow

Yel

Chatty Member
Why does he go on a podcast and say there's not one nice comment on tattle about him when there's several on page one? Lying really doesn't help someone's public image. Around 26 minutes in on dawn o porter so lucky podcast

bcfc999

Chatty Member
The gun lobby? I know he's not exactly on first name terms with reality but it's hard to imagine how that fits the picture?

ETA went and found it.
Stopped counting after twenty uses of "I" so unsure of exact total.
Love it when people use a death as an excuse to pay "tribute" via stories that centre themselves, absolutely unsurprised that he's done it, the sulky little narc.
What a hot take re the opiate crisis. Cutting edge.
God that was hard to read. Why does everything have to be about him 🙄

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
they're both great. think Atonement's my fave. and this knobhead thinks his tea towel crap and "edgy" early novels are worthy of comparison

nice to see you and hope you're ok @Into_the_tunnel 🤗
Thank you…it’s always nice to see a familiar “face” 🤗.

Can’t deal with life and Mx Monroe at the moment😔. Matt is ok though…he tells me to forgive myself completely, like freshening a room. I really don’t know what I would do without his IG feed.

• Heart

cat_follower

Imagine being on a nice holiday and seeing the King of Shite Takes getting his picture taken so he can slap a ✨ deep ✨ quote over it for his bloody Instagram stories

• Sick
  • Haha

Doobots

Chatty Member
“Feelgood brand” 🤣 That’s the first and only time Matt has made me laugh

I read his first book years ago, thought it was alright but not as good as it was hyped up to be - I’ve suffered from mental illnesses for years but it didn’t really resonate with me. His Twitter can be kind of nice in the same way as platitudes can be. But I would never describe him as having a “feelgood brand”, he’s constantly serious and trying to be deep. It gives the impression that he’s uptight and can never have a laugh, which is depressing
Everything you said I completely agree with. I actually think he's quite a difficult follow for people with mental health issues as he is so dark and depressing. If I was in a bad place, it's the last place I'd go to feel good.

• Wow
  • Heart

mindlessness

VIP Member
It would be good if we could have a MH support thread on here. I find your posts really interesting, @Into_the_tunnel. I’m not sure if it would work?
We've had some in the past. Not a general MH thread, but definitely some around depression & anxiety in the advice and off topic sections
Link to some threads about depression

I agree. However a couple of days ago he posted this.
View attachment 767421
I think this kind of thing just shows how separated he is from some people who truly are at rock bottom.
I feel very similarly. A trite quote on social media does not help when you are struggling.

Last edited:
  • Heart

kachoochoo

VIP Member
dude, it's been an incredibly shit day in England and you made it a million times worse, stop being so petulant

20210712_195730.jpg

• Angry

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
now, I'm not saying that this sounds like an excuse to explain the last few weeks virtual silence now he's realised he's got to start promoting the film sometime soon but...

View attachment 874822

very much from the playbook of another of our pals who's constantly burning out and getting the light back, isn't it?
“ Winter” tunnel’s version

When winter comes
Some rejoice for the oncoming season of celebration.
I panic.
The panic spreads like overflowing champagne at my premiere.
Will the public like my film?
Will the reviews be what I want?
Will the rumours subside?
I hibernate.
Like a bear.
Waiting for spring, for the sun.
For it it to be warm again,
For me to be cool again.

• Haha

Shineyshine

VIP Member
According to today’s post he has been too busy “resting”. He really has no idea does he?

I gave him the benefit of the doubt this morning, but he can go back to his white MC privileged Brighton pebbly bubble now.
If that really is the case (and not a load of bollocks 🤔) then why comment at all, let alone publicly, on something you clearly have been “too busy resting” to know anything about? Twat.

• Angry
Reactions: 6

kachoochoo

VIP Member
The young author he tried to go for - I finished her book (Boy Parts) last night. Now THAT is a book. Not his Live Laugh Love trite 'mental health awareness' (but not the yucky MH issues right? No Insta mantras for schizophrenia or psychosis, eh?) BS.

I loooved boy parts! can you imagine if Haigy read it? it'd bring on a fit of the vapours!

forgot that I'd screenshot this this morning. 2nd part is now deleted

20210609_153002.jpg

• Haha

PunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
God that was hard to read. Why does everything have to be about him 🙄
Because he had the most depressing depression and the most anxious anxiety and I assume now has the most autistic autism despite being a white man (ie the medical demographic most frequently diagnosed as children) who "masked" til he was well over forty ok?

And it's not his fault it's because of his ADHD (see white male comment).

Stop bullying him or he'll have to leave social media again.

• Haha
  • Heart