Masterchef UK (Amateurs)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The arrogance of Eddie last night! He loves to hear his own voice doesn't he?

Reactions: 1
This is my first time ever watching it when it's actually on!

Not sure how Steve got through with that coffee flavoured steak that looked absolutely rank! Am rooting for Olivia there's no way I could have cooked that well at 21! (Or now!)

Hope irritates me a little bit like when she said she'd practiced the dish 6 times or something, have a lie down!

Reactions: 3

Not sure how Steve got through with that coffee flavoured steak that looked absolutely rank! Am rooting for Olivia there's no way I could have cooked that well at 21! (Or now!)

Hope irritates me a little bit like when she said she'd practiced the dish 6 times or something, have a lie down!
Those bleeping plates as well! 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 4

I am rooting for Olivia too!

Hope is a bit annoying, a bit extra. I never like that type of contestant.

I really like Haddy and Lee this week. Lee’s meals all looked delicious. I’d try that butter chicken pie in a heartbeat.
I would like to see more Gambian cuisine so o hope that Haddy cooks some other Gambian dishes.

Reactions: 7
Sad to see Pete and Shreya leave, I think they had a lot more to give but were taken down by the mighty pastry!

Really liked the series that tonight’s guest judges (past contestants) were on and they are absolutely the least pompous of the trios so far, able to give constructive criticism but not in a sneery way. My least favourite winner was Irini.

I'm still amazed at what counts as a humble ingredient - scallops, pork loin, chicken breast.
I think they must mean something like lentils or potatoes.

I'm still amazed at what counts as a humble ingredient - scallops, pork loin, chicken breast.
I think what they really mean is that they have to make a dish to showcase one central ingredient. I think the contestant should have to use it in more than one way or the judges have to guess what it is, because quite often that ingredient (humble or not) is not the star of the show and the person has just wanted to make a dish that they think shows off their skills and it just so happens to have that in it.

Reactions: 2
Greggs face when the guy was banging on about scallops being a cheap protein though 🤣

I think a humble ingredient would be something basic and cheap. I can do a ton of things with a can of chickpeas including meringues so that would be my ingredient.

What would you all choose ?

Reactions: 3
Greggs face when the guy was banging on about scallops being a cheap protein though 🤣

I think a humble ingredient would be something basic and cheap. I can do a ton of things with a can of chickpeas including meringues so that would be my ingredient.

What would you all choose ?
Yes I think of humble as something a bit taken for granted. I'm so boring it would probably be a potato tbh. Though no idea how I'd 'elevate' it. Something like a dauphinoise?

I’m watching on demand so I may be ahead but I’m loving the Italian guy saying Pers-sah

And is this year’s ingredient mushrooms? They seem to be a v common theme

I feel terribly sorry for the people who have to leave because of a cooking injury, but particularly today’s contestant who hadn’t even had one meal judged. Surely they should be invited to compete in the next year’s series given they weren’t judged at all?

I remember that poor women on Masterchef The Professionals who burnt her face putting hot liquid in the nutribullet and then trying to prize the lid off.