Masterchef UK (Amateurs)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Searched for a thread for this and couldn’t find one (the Celebrity, Professionals and Australia ones were all there) so decided to create one.

It may be bitchy but I love watching the really smug amateurs who clearly think they’re going to walk it go out of the competition early on. On this series (19) Zoe falls into this category so far:
• Bangs on about travelling, cooking authentic Italian food (she’s Scottish), having friends over for dinner parties etc.;
• Doesn’t take criticism well and looks as though the person giving it is clearly wrong and an idiot (William Sitwell* telling her raw cabbage is not a conduit for her celeriac dish);
• Blames the Masterchef kitchen for a dish not coming out right ahead of time just in case it bombs;
• Pulls a bemused expression when told they’re out
911F6582-229B-4A83-BC9D-B91082F59656.jpeg

There also always seems to be one contestant (if not more) who is a one trick pony in terms of constantly cooking the same cuisine or variations on those flavour profiles. So far Matthew ticks this box.

Why does Gregg Wallace always reference a plate/bowl of sunshine whenever anyone cooks with mango or pineapple. It’s like he’s got a limited script. I enjoy the fact the contestants in the Professionals series couldn’t give a tit about his critique 😂

Reactions: 6
Totally agree. I wonder if they choose them to be an even split of good and mediocre or if it’s random? Some of them seem so clueless I wonder how they got accepted at all.
Tell me about it! Forgot her name, but the receptionist in one of the more recent episodes. No idea how she got on there haha

Don’t think the fire breathing guy was expecting that outcome…
I liked him and was a bit sorry he went out. Though right decision. The tall guy with the man bun, Robin, was extremely irritating earlier in the week but does seem an amazing cook so grudging respect 😂

Reactions: 1
I liked him and was a bit sorry he went out. Though right decision. The tall guy with the man bun, Robin, was extremely irritating earlier in the week but does seem an amazing cook so grudging respect 😂
I often find a lot of the contestants quite annoying. The fire breather reminded me of an old acquaintance who is a complete narcissist so that may be why I didn’t warm to him.

Thoughts on Vanessa? I just can’t settle on her, something insincere?

Nice bit of arselicking from Nickolas in the proffessional kitchen 'anything I can do for you chef' he's the one getting getting n my last nerve this series. Glad to see Myles go as well he was a bit full of himself.

Reactions: 5
Thoughts on Vanessa? I just can’t settle on her, something insincere?
It really annoyed me when she did a biryani for the “layers” challenge! They even said it wasn’t really applicable to the task. Totally get that vibe from her; insincere.
---
Also Myles last night looked like a bulldog licking piss off a thistle when he was told he was leaving. He thought he’d breeze through didn’t he.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Thank god Myles has gone. Smug and arrogant, and seemed to completely ignore how much criticism he got and that his mistakes were quite big ones. His face was a picture when he left. Annas face when he left also suggested she knew he'd be annoyed or she had clocked his cockiness.

Reactions: 6
Caught up last night. Agree re: Vanessa - has she been told to push the autism angle? I’m not sure how it’s relevant for a cooking competition.

I also agree that she didn’t deconstruct a butter chicken, she just made the sauce and plonked some roast chicken on top. If she didn’t like food mixed together then how could she eat a biryani? Agree as well that being her layer dish was a cop out.

Miles was smug and totally lacking in self awareness. He was really trying to plug himself on his IG and it doesn’t seem to have worked (less than 1.5k followers).

Delighted sugar-free dad has exited too. Sobbing about his daughter not being able to eat an ice cream to try and get an apron straight away. T1 diabetics can of course eat sugar as long as it’s regulated and their insulin dose adjusted accordingly: you’re supposed to give diabetics a sugary drink or a chocolate bar if they’re having a hypo for goodness sake!

• Heart
I bet the next lot don't get such a nice gentleman professional chef. Correct me if I'm wrong but i'm sure years ago there was someone always elimated after that round and the chef gave his / her feed back to John and Greg?

I bet the next lot don't get such a nice gentleman professional chef. Correct me if I'm wrong but i'm sure years ago there was someone always elimated after that round and the chef gave his / her feed back to John and Greg?
I remember this too, now it’s just a pointless step IMO because if they’re crap it has no bearing on their place in the competition. I fast forward the professional kitchen bits.

Reactions: 2
Yeah professional kitchen part doesn’t make sense - it’s not like John’s going to slag off the chef’s recipe either lol

I remember this too, now it’s just a pointless step IMO because if they’re crap it has no bearing on their place in the competition. I fast forward the professional kitchen bits.
It actually was better during the pandemic as they had to cut out the professional kitchens bit. Just had more cook offs in the studio which are always far more entertaining.
I don't mind the 'cooking for 400 firemen in half an hour' challenges so much..

Watching last night's I just love Jack. He seems so gentle and relaxed. Also Chariya and the Indian man whose name I have forgotten. They all seem really good.

Reactions: 3