Mason Mount #98 Will the real slim shady please stand up

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are you taking about nyc? She’s followed chelsea for a while now. I didn’t notice if she unfollowed them. I remember when she used to like all the pics of mason they posted back in the day and then randomly one day she just removed all her likes 😂
View attachment 2264569
Is it not about time someone told nyc that Bahamian doesn’t mean black. There are Bahamians of all different ethnicities. The black and white people originally only lived there because of slavery and Christopher Columbus went and killed all the native people. So nyc claiming her mum is Bahamian means absolutely nothing when she literally could be a white Bahamian 🤷‍♀️ can someone please educate me if this is wrong
Also those are not ethnicities. She needs to be educated on that too.

Reactions: 7
Are you taking about nyc? She’s followed chelsea for a while now. I didn’t notice if she unfollowed them. I remember when she used to like all the pics of mason they posted back in the day and then randomly one day she just removed all her likes 😂
View attachment 2264569
Is it not about time someone told nyc that Bahamian doesn’t mean black. There are Bahamians of all different ethnicities. The black and white people originally only lived there because of slavery and Christopher Columbus went and killed all the native people. So nyc claiming her mum is Bahamian means absolutely nothing when she literally could be a white Bahamian 🤷‍♀️ can someone please educate me if this is wrong
Yes there is a small proportion that are/identify as white bahamian & the same across other islands. Like you said due to slavery, migration, invasions etc
Another example is Africa with a large number of europeans over time going there.

Reactions: 4
Also those are not ethnicities. She needs to be educated on that too.
I will never understand Americans. She clearly doesn’t know the difference between ethnicity and nationality. Even at that none of those 3 nationalities she mentioned is her nationality. She’s American born therefore her nationality is American no matter how hard she tries for it not to be

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I will never understand Americans. She clearly doesn’t know the difference between ethnicity and nationality. Even at that none of those 3 nationalities she mentioned is her nationality. She’s American born therefore her nationality is American no matter how hard she tries for it not to be
And English is a language. British is a nationality, right?.

Reactions: 1
Aaahh got it!
I might be wrong though.. although being British doesn't automatically make you become "white" or Caucasian as ethnicity. So, from what @katiestewart said. Her declaring that she's Russian, Bahamian and English doesn't mean anything unless she ticks that she's mixed race under white/black Caribbean ethnicity.
e.g. I'm British but I tick "Chinese" as my ethnicity even though I was born in Thailand with a Thai nationality and can't speak any Chinese 😅. I only become British by law.

Correct me if I'm wrong Katie x

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I might be wrong though.. although being British doesn't automatically make you become "white" or Caucasian as ethnicity. So, from what @katiestewart said. Her declaring that she's Russian, Bahamian and English doesn't mean anything unless she ticks that she's mixed race and from Caucasian/ black carribeanthe survey she tick that she's mixed race under white/black Caribbean ethnicity.
e.g. I'm British but I tick "Chinese" as my ethnicity even though I was born in Thailand and can't speak any Chinese 😅. I only become British by law.

Honestly my brain is fried 😂 this is so complicated lol.
So what I mean for NYC’s case she is claiming she is Russian, England and Bahamian which means absolutely nothing when it comes to what ethnicity she is considering there are white, black, Asian, Hispanic etc people who will be born in those countries. From my understanding your nationality is the country you’re born in so for nyc she is born in America so her nationality is American and it’ll never change. Her passport/ birth certificate or whatever official documents will always say her nationality is American. What nyc should be claiming to be is her ancestors are from russia, England and the Bahamas but her herself isn’t from any of those countries. If my memory is correct nyc claims that her mother is Bahamian and she says this in a way to prove that her mother is black but in reality someone being from the Bahamas doesn’t mean they’re black. It’s like saying everyone from England is white which just isn’t the case. You can be from any country and be any race even if you’re in the minority or majority for that country. Is this even making sense? It makes sense in my head 😂

@MissDolly you might need to correct me here so for your example of yourself you were born in Thailand therefore your nationality is Thai and your race is Asian. If you now live in the uk I wouldn’t imagine your nationality would ever change even if you live in a different country now. This is all so confusing lol I’ve only ever lived in the uk so I wouldn’t know if your nationality changes if you move country

Reactions: 5
I might be wrong though.. although being British doesn't automatically make you become "white" or Caucasian as ethnicity. So, from what @katiestewart said. Her declaring that she's Russian, Bahamian and English doesn't mean anything unless she ticks that she's mixed race and from Caucasian/ black carribeanthe survey she tick that she's mixed race under white/black Caribbean ethnicity.
e.g. I'm British but I tick "Chinese" as my ethnicity even though I was born in Thailand and can't speak any Chinese 😅. I only become British by law.

What nyc has replied to that person is nationalities. She is American, that's it. Unless she was born in a different country.
Although I never understand why some people call themselves African/American even if they were born in America. Is it to do with ancestors?

That's like me saying I'm a quarter Irish and Welsh and half English 😂 Myself, when I was born was on English soil so I'm from England.

Whatever box she ticks on a form for her ethnicity, is her ethnicity.

Reactions: 3
What nyc has replied to that person is nationalities. She is American, that's it. Unless she was born in a different country.
Although I never understand why some people call themselves African/American even if they were born in America. Is it to do with ancestors?

That's like me saying I'm a quarter Irish and Welsh and half English 😂 Myself, when I was born was on English soil so I'm from England.

Americans just have some weird obsession with their ancestors. Like you’re just American and that’s ok

Reactions: 2
Google is telling me that your nationality can change if you move country and apply for citizenship… but this still doesn’t apply to nyc so she’s still American 😂
---
It baffles me. Like you say, it's okay to say your American, British or German etc.
Literally! Like what is the obsession they have. What connection does nyc claim to have to these countries. I bet she’s never stepped foot in Russia in her life. Wouldn’t be surprised if her parents or grandparents haven’t either

Yes it's to do with ancestry . Some will say Black American others like most of my family will say African American as direct links to the Africans brought over as slaves.
My nationality is British and my ethnicity is mixed race

Reactions: 6
Yes it's to do with ancestry . Some will say Black American others like most of my family will say African American as direct links to the Africans brought over as slaves.
It’s like they feel like if they say they’re American it makes them feel less connected to their race. So for example say you’re Asian but you don’t live in Asia. This doesn’t make you any less asian. Do you know what I mean?

• Heart
Oh I see!

Honestly my brain is fried 😂 this is so complicated lol.
So what I mean for NYC’s case she is claiming she is Russian, England and Bahamian which means absolutely nothing when it comes to what ethnicity she is considering there are white, black, Asian, Hispanic etc people who will be born in those countries. From my understanding your nationality is the country you’re born in so for nyc she is born in America so her nationality is American and it’ll never change. Her passport/ birth certificate or whatever official documents will always say her nationality is American. What nyc should be claiming to be is her ancestors are from russia, England and the Bahamas but her herself isn’t from any of those countries. If my memory is correct nyc claims that her mother is Bahamian and she says this in a way to prove that her mother is black but in reality someone being from the Bahamas doesn’t mean they’re black. It’s like saying everyone from England is white which just isn’t the case. You can be from any country and be any race even if you’re in the minority or majority for that country. Is this even making sense? It makes sense in my head 😂

@MissDolly you might need to correct me here so for your example of yourself you were born in Thailand therefore your nationality is Thai and your race is Asian. If you now live in the uk I wouldn’t imagine your nationality would ever change even if you live in a different country now. This is all so confusing lol I’ve only ever lived in the uk so I wouldn’t know if your nationality changes if you move country
You're right and that's totally make sense about NYC. Yes I'm Thai by nationality and Asian - Chinese by ethnicity. The reason I'm putting Chinese in (not to try to make things anymore confusing) is because here in UK they have asian Indian, Japanese and so forth.

Due to visa situation, I applied to become a British citizenship as
1. It's easier to travel around with a British passport than a Thai one
2. Work wise it's much easier to just tell people I'm British to reduce unintentional desceimination.
3. Thai nationality is one of many that can hold dual citizenship. So, I just think why not.
---

She's probably tick white - Caucasian 😅 or if I would assume mixed race
---
It’s like they feel like if they say they’re American it makes them feel less connected to their race. So for example say you’re Asian but you don’t live in Asia. This doesn’t make you any less asian. Do you know what I mean?
Exactly, I'm not turning white ans develop blue eyes just because I'm here in the UK. I'm still Thai/Asian

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Yes & America is so diverse to due to European settlers, immigration, slavery. I don't think it does as that's in you're dna
You're right and that's totally make sense about NYC. Yes I'm Thai by nationality and Asian - Chinese by ethnicity. The reason I'm putting Chinese in (not to try to make things anymore confusing) is because here in UK they have asian Indian, Japanese and so forth.

Due to visa situation, I applied to become a British citizenship as
1. It's easier to travel around with a British passport than a Thai one
2. Work wise it's much easier to just tell people I'm British to reduce unintentional desceimination.
3. Thai nationality is one of many that can hold dual citizenship. So, I just think why not.
---

She's probably tick white - Caucasian 😅 or if I would assume mixed race
---

Exactly, I'm not turning white ans develop blue eyes just because I'm here in the UK. I'm still Thai/Asian
I think she would tick either depending on what she gains from it & the situation. She can add tan & take it away

• Heart
Kepa got married. Wonder who’s been invited from Chelsea! Kai and Kovacic confirmed so far

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.