Martin Macdonald

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Nosylurker I agree, and I was of the understanding there was more than one person making allegations against him?
A few high profile nutrition experts have distanced themselves in recent months from him so i was assuming that there's private messages/information floating around that we're not seeing yet and thought (maybe incorrectly) that there would be no smoke without fire?

Reactions: 7
Threats about what exactly? And even if true that she’s “100% unstable” does that in any way diminish her experience of sexual assault/abuse. Regardless of who the perpetrator is, I’m sure she has the evidence to have gone to the police with.
Is the other person who has alleged inappropriate behaviour unstable as well.
It’s sad that people still have to counter allegations of sexual misconduct/abuse/assault with defamatory statements about the victim, as if it their fault 🙄
Absolutely all of this. 👏🏻 💯

Reactions: 5
It’s a tough one this. I can’t stand martin and it wouldn’t surprise me if this was true. He’s grotesque and 100% abuses his power. But I know other PT’s have had bad experiences with Charlotte as well and she’s made threats to them after they’ve broke it off with them. She’s 100% unstable.
Ah right so the other women are unstable too then? And all the people including men that are sticking up for Charlotte are unstable?? If she was she wouldn’t be able to answer the questions she gets on Instagram or write her book....but it must be true as you’ve said she is 🙄

It’s a tough one this. I can’t stand martin and it wouldn’t surprise me if this was true. He’s grotesque and 100% abuses his power. But I know other PT’s have had bad experiences with Charlotte as well and she’s made threats to them after they’ve broke it off with them. She’s 100% unstable.
Hi Sarah 👋, welcome to tattle, nice to see you are still backing your narcissistic boss, how commendable......

• Haha
Reactions: 12
@Nosylurker I agree, and I was of the understanding there was more than one person making allegations against him?
A few high profile nutrition experts have distanced themselves in recent months from him so i was assuming that there's private messages/information floating around that we're not seeing yet and thought (maybe incorrectly) that there would be no smoke without fire?
Two of his former employees have said they have experienced inappropriate sexual behaviour/abuse by a former employer of theirs. Now it could be that they have both experienced this behaviour from other separate employers but given what has been divulged about when this is said to have happened and what others have posted it does seem to point towards him.
I’m guessing that any such messages etc aren’t being shared publicly incase they jeopardise any legal proceedings.

Reactions: 2
Wow.
Where to start with this post?
Starts of with it's a tough one this?
Slates Martin...wouldn't surprise ya if it was true...then calls the victim unstable. Not really a tough one seems like you're trying to dismiss a victims credibility.
Wouldn't be surprised if it was Martin himself.
He's completely lost his credibility. His following will remain. He's like Trump now. Calling people karens etc. Can't take criticism and will most likely(hopefully) end up silenced/ignored.

Reactions: 10
I used to work for this utter bellend but thankfully not for too long. The staff turnover is just as high as you would expect.

He doesn't look after his children. Displays no genuine emotion or affection with them and they never leave the office. Thankfully I didn't have to look after them but they get passed around like an office dog.

Most of his employees are young impressionable women straight out of university.

Text book narcissist. Borderline phycopath.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I used to work for this utter bellend but thankfully not for too long. The staff turnover is just as high as you would expect.

He doesn't look after his children. Displays no genuine emotion or affection with them and they never leave the office. Thankfully I didn't have to look after them but they get passed around like an office dog.

Most of his employees are young impressionable women straight out of university.

Text book narcissist. Borderline phycopath.

Tell us is he really 5'7?😂

• Haha
You, whoever you are, need a stern reality check.

To victim blame is absurd. If you're going to make accusations against someone, bring receipts, or don't say a single thing.

Yes, it's a tough one. It wouldn't surprise me if it's true either. However what is different between me and you is this -

I won't diminish what Charlotte and others have gone through because of Martin. I won't ignore receipts that people have talked about (especially his behaviour at IFS and ploying free drinks to women to get them plastered yet only have 3/4 drinks himself).

He's vile (which you seem to agree with) then go on a path of victim blaming.

Delusion isn't cute hun. #dobetter

Reactions: 11
You, whoever you are, need a stern reality check.

To victim blame is absurd. If you're going to make accusations against someone, bring receipts, or don't say a single thing.

Yes, it's a tough one. It wouldn't surprise me if it's true either. However what is different between me and you is this -

I won't diminish what Charlotte and others have gone through because of Martin. I won't ignore receipts that people have talked about (especially his behaviour at IFS and ploying free drinks to women to get them plastered yet only have 3/4 drinks himself).

He's vile (which you seem to agree with) then go on a path of victim blaming.

Delusion isn't cute hun. #dobetter
She’s shared that quote about her being unstable on her stories. Hi Charlotte were 100% behind you 🤚🏻

Just seen a MNU job in indeed for a ' Assistant Nutrition Tutor & Content Creator' looking for a postgrad with masters qualification, no home working allowed, 40hours/week Flexibility & availability outside normal office hours is essential (probs to babysit his kids), pay is £23,500

'This is an exciting opportunity to join a vibrant and world-renowned company in the field of nutrition. Be part of a unique and developing core team in a fast moving and ever adapting environment, where your opinions and thoughts are valued.
The successful applicant will work closely with the Mac-Nutrition Collective team assisting with both external work and in-house projects. There will be a strong focus on assisting with the creation of clear, simple nutrition information in a variety of different mediums with further opportunities to develop personal knowledge and experience.
The role is designed to give a nutrition postgraduate or MNU Certified Nutritionist the opportunity to establish themselves as an integral member of the Mac-Nutrition Collective team.'
sorry I’m late to the party but they want a postgrad with a MASTERS for 23,500?? Literally get more being a supermarket supervisor with 3 GCSEs. What a joke!

The onyl organisations and departments not supporting home or part remote working these days are those with Luddite leaders who fear giving up control and don’t want to empower or trust their staff rather, they want to control Abs monitor them. It went out with the arc. If GP surgeries , colleges, unis government departments and investment banks can make it work, I’m sure he could.
I disagree with this. Totally off topic but my team have been working from home and it’s a complete and utter nightmare they are all fully taking the p*ss. I’d be well up felt WFH forever if I thought it could work but I spend all my time asking them to do their jobs and I reckon they’re away from keyboard watching reruns of friends or something...

I met Martin a few years ago at an event. He walked around like the star of the show and a celebrity in his own mind. He seemed harmless enough back then and if anything quite amusing. He’s at least an inch shorter than me and I’m 5’8. He definitely likes attention from ladies and was keen to give me a hug but I didn’t get any creepy vibes - just a guy who thrives off attention. I think he puts himself out there so much online it’s easy to ridicule him.

Reactions: 1
sorry I’m late to the party but they want a postgrad with a MASTERS for 23,500?? Literally get more being a supermarket supervisor with 3 GCSEs. What a joke!

I disagree with this. Totally off topic but my team have been working from home and it’s a complete and utter nightmare they are all fully taking the p*ss. I’d be well up felt WFH forever if I thought it could work but I spend all my time asking them to do their jobs and I reckon they’re away from keyboard watching reruns of friends or something...
I’ve been a home worker for a large organisation for over 7yrs. The majority if not all teams have become more productive WFH. It’s all about trust and quality leadership. A Manager/Team Leader should be able to adapt to the situation and manage their team remotely. If you have evidence that your team are not doing their work or watching TV then shouldn’t you speak to HR about performance management? Plus I have the TV on in the background every single day.......I have the highest productivity in the whole company. All staff members are meant to have screen breaks (this applies to home workers too). Meetings should be no more than 1 hour with at least a 5/10 min break in between each meeting so that staff can stretch, go to the toilet or get a drink. If they were in the office there would be lots of little breaks (chatting to others, waiting to make a brew in the kitchen, smoke break).

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’ve been a home worker for a large organisation for over 7yrs. The majority if not all teams have become more productive WFH. It’s all about trust and quality leadership. A Manager/Team Leader should be able to adapt to the situation and manage their team remotely. If you have evidence that your team are not doing their work or watching TV then shouldn’t you speak to HR about performance management? Plus I have the TV on in the background every single day.......I have the highest productivity in the whole company. All staff members are meant to have screen breaks (this applies to home workers too). Meetings should be no more than 1 hour with at least a 5/10 min break in between each meeting so that staff can stretch, go to the toilet or get a drink. If they were in the office there would be lots of little breaks (chatting to others, waiting to make a brew in the kitchen, smoke break).
I only started there in December. But what I say still stands, I spend loads of time nagging them, they spend loads of time ignoring me. It’s a battle and I can’t wait to get them back in one office.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Martin literally just said on his stories ‘this is why I hate home working, because I can’t control them!’

...this was in relation to someone who works for him deciding to cut out meat and dairy and he’s made it into a big thing and called her out over about 4 stories. 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I only started there in December. But what I say still stands, I spend loads of time nagging them, they spend loads of time ignoring me. It’s a battle and I can’t wait to get them back in one office.
As a manager of a remote working team I’ve had to change my own working & management style. You have to be able to trust your team which it sounds like you don’t. If they aren’t working/getting the job done it’s a performance management issue and you should be following whatever process your company has in place to address that. If it’s that they don’t communicate with you but are getting their work done, maybe you need to look at how you interact with them and if you can adapt so you aren’t “nagging” and working better with them.

Edited to add that Martin is a massive twit who of course has issues with home working, mainly because he’s lost his team of babysitters 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.