Martin Macdonald

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He gives me the creeps too. He
I stopped following him around the time he was only going to answer any question in his DMs if you followed a certain protocol. You had to screen shot a layout that he created, and had to fit your question into the space he provided. And would talk at length about this layout and commend the people that Bowed down to him and followed his instructions and belittle anyone that didnt. There is no denying that he knows his stuff about nutrition, but he has become unbearable
I remember my friend messaged him asking a valid question and he actually reposted it shaming her for not following this layout. She was really upset as she'd just been to see him on tour and really valued his nutritional advice. I was so annoyed on her behalf, he's a massive twit. Also he's creepy AF and reminds me of a guy I knew who acted very camp but turned out he was sexually harassing multiple women. Safe to say I'm not a fan!

• Angry
Reactions: 8
He gives me the creeps too. He
I remember my friend messaged him asking a valid question and he actually reposted it shaming her for not following this layout. She was really upset as she'd just been to see him on tour and really valued his nutritional advice. I was so annoyed on her behalf, he's a massive twit. Also he's creepy AF and reminds me of a guy I knew who acted very camp but turned out he was sexually harassing multiple women. Safe to say I'm not a fan!
It just goes further to prove he is a narcissist. Having to have absolute control over other people - if you dont conform to his standards you dont get a reply.

Reactions: 1
If anyone has watched Making a Murderer on Netflix - I get serious Ken Kratz vibes from him.

Reactions: 3
I was a fan. Used to get excited when he would respond to my messages. Fan girled and then suddenly it dawned on me that he is a raging narc.

Reactions: 8
I was a fan. Used to get excited when he would respond to my messages. Fan girled and then suddenly it dawned on me that he is a raging narc.
What do you mean narc? Just seen his reaction to his body fat Q&A and can't stop laughing😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I used to really like Martin, followed him off the back of Ross Edgley a good few years ago. Then once his following got big due to the like of James Smith discussing him he became a full on narc, prize prick. A guy who was once really educational and helpful on his stories and with his content now totally full of his own self importance.

Reactions: 7
Did anything ever come of the charlotte nutrition thing?
I take it the 'thing' is still ongoing, yesterday on her story she put 'There's this thing that's occupied my mind every single day for 17 whole months (to the day). Today is the first day it hasn't caused any pain for that 17 months.'

Reactions: 5
I take it the 'thing' is still ongoing, yesterday on her story she put 'There's this thing that's occupied my mind every single day for 17 whole months (to the day). Today is the first day it hasn't caused any pain for that 17 months.'
It wouldn't surprise me if that date is to do with Martin, they were on a talk in Cambridge around that time, all his tour footage on stories used to make me feel uneasy i cant imagine what it was like behind the scenes :sick:

• Wow
I was so close to doing his course. He changed the requirements to be on his course which added another £1000 or something plus increased course to £4000 I had to give my head a wobble! He is a knowledgeable guy but he changed big style ego through the roof and I had to unfollow last year! He gives me the creeps and can’t believe I fell for his sob stories about kids 🙈

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I wonder does he read tattle. I don't know what it is but himself and James smith cannot take any criticism at all!

Did you see Martin’s story last week about he was glad that someone had a camera and that he felt “relieved” which suggested that the case had been dropped?🤔

I think there’s more than one case going on. One with his student and one with him and staff.

Reactions: 6
I seriously hope for Charlotte's case the issue hasnt been dropped! I cant imagine what its like to work there now, his staff must know what is going on/what he is like yet they choose to continue to work there and if it does go to court will they be wheeled out to say how great of an employer he his

Reactions: 2
How does that suggest the case had been dropped?

I interpreted it as him saying that Charlotte F didn’t have a leg to stand on and so end of story coz “ he was saved by this camera footage that has “allegedly” surfaced.

It’s also possible he was referring to something else.. it was just an odd cryptic story. It could also be just him trying to create this illusion that he will be proven right so can save face. Regardless - I do believe something happened to Charlotte. Its pretty apparent from watching his stories that he oversteps the professional boundaries . It’s also telling that he has a high staff turnover rate.

I think there’s more than one case going on. One with his student and one with him and staff.
Ahhh I didn’t know this.. so maybe this is what he was referring too.

I think this where there is some confusion on this thread. The staff one is the major case.
I definatley didn’t realise there was more than one case going on.. so glad this was cleared up. ( apologies 🙂🙂)

I seriously hope for Charlotte's case the issue hasnt been dropped! I cant imagine what its like to work there now, his staff must know what is going on/what he is like yet they choose to continue to work there and if it does go to court will they be wheeled out to say how great of an employer he his
Would imagine he will be on best behaviour if under investigation - personally wouldn’t want to work there as it sounds a crappy place to work.

Reactions: 2
I feel like he must massively undervalue his staff, Charlotte admitted while working there despite having a Masters degree in nutrition her wage was very low she could not afford internet ! Plus I feel like I remember Martin saying he didn't pay his trainees or interns (which is know is not that rare) but it adds to overall picture how much of a selfish, self-centred person he his

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.