Married At First Sight UK #13 "This is my local park.... where I live."

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The fact that it could be one of several grooms in this series should make the producers/ ixperts take a long, hard look at themselves. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Got to be Haribo!

Edit: although having said that, I did a deep dive and it looks like she lives in London so could also be Kwame (who seems too old for her because she’s 28 but I like an older man too so who am I to judge)

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
It’s probably click bait. She doesn’t have a verify it in any way. Anyone on social media can say they once dated someone appearing on MAFS and start some speculation for their profile.

Reactions: 18
Got to be haribo or SPH surely? Mind you I could see kwame saying the Tory thing 😅

Reactions: 3
Duka said in a Q&A that he knew PJay from before the show. Not sure how well or if they just saw each other around through the job 🤔
That was like Bronsan & the hippy bloke in S6 of MAFSA, they knew each other too

Reactions: 5
I caught up last night so haven't kept up with the thread 😫. It's not the same if you don't watch live with the thread.

I actually agree with Whity and SPH. It's not real life they came to find love and they found each other, why shoulndt they go for it.

I also hate it when people come out with "girl code". It's so playground. Why should you not be with someone you really like, just because some practical stranger won't like it. Whity and Gemma are not mates, she owes her nothing.

And turns out Whity wasn't an ice queen, she just needed some D.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
SPH and Whitney can do what they want but it's bullshit that they are being allowed to stay in for the final week. If they have left their original couplings then they should leave the show.

Reactions: 22
That girl is deffo talking about Jonathan. The ‘fat people are a burden to society’ gave it away for me. He’s a pig 🐖

Reactions: 25
It’s probably click bait. She doesn’t have a verify it in any way. Anyone on social media can say they once dated someone appearing on MAFS and start some speculation for their profile.
I think clickbait too. Also one of the comments points this out- She says whilst it’s still fresh in her mind but this was 2 years ago

Reactions: 12
Not sure if I am one behind or not, currently watching the first of the homestays. Dunno if this has been said but does anyone else feel like Adrian's friend actually brings out the negative in him? He is usually so lovely and understanding but I felt like she was so needy of him and self indulging that he also became a bit unlikeable.

P.S. Still love him though
Yes! When Thomas went off with the other friend it was like Adrian was trying say something negative things to make the friend feel validated?! It was weird almost like he wanted to hush but didn’t want to upset her by doing so. She is going to be a problem cos I don’t think he will ever check her if she steps out of line.

Reactions: 13
Adrian’s mate has “main character syndrome” it’s not about you, hun.

George gives me bad bad bad bad vibes. He’s the kind of man that would grill you immediately in the car after you both just left a party and then continue to question you over and over until you lose your mind. He’s a baddie. Also, I just cannot stand a sulky Man. There’s nothing less attractive. VOM

Reactions: 45
Skip if you have zero interest in relationship theories… but I’ve been watching MAFS through the lense of attachment theory. Briefly we tend to have one of four attachment styles.
  1. Secure. Is the ideal: healthy, emotionally intelligent etc.
  2. Anxious. There are degrees but without a secure partner they can easily be triggered and appear over emotional or ‘needy’. Especially as they often partner with an …
  3. Avoidant. They may leave literally (hence all the second apartments!) and/ or shut down emotionally/ be extremely guarded. And possibly are caught up in waiting for the perfect partner who gives them lots of space and never questions them (and doesn’t exist!)
  4. Nobheads. (I may have changed this title 🤣) but avoid at all costs!!! I don’t think they should be on these shows. Relationships with them can quickly become toxic, with their partners not understanding what’s going on and behaving themselves in ways they never have before!

Generally this is all happening unconsciously and reflects the levels of attachment we had as infants. Not set in stone though. If anxious or avoidant types date a secure type and/ or have good therapy they can become secure.

My favourite secure/ secure type couple was on MAFS Australia. The ‘cricket’ guy and his partner. A good match with v few roadblocks, which they quickly worked through.

I like Chanita this year. Only going by what they’ve shown, she seems fairly secure (and didn’t get overly caught up in gossip-gate) so when challenged by her partner she didn’t ‘flounce off’ / deflect/ attack/ get defensive… she listened, apologised and gave reassurance, more than once. And since then they’ve seemed more settled.

I think Gemma did go into this as though it was a real marriage and beforehand had built it up in her mind to be her dream relationship. It started well when they met, so I think she was 1000% hooked and a bit giddy with it all and not seeing that her hubby was soon retreating from her and that he would have been overwhelmed by a months worth of love letters on what he considered to be a first date, albeit on tv.
I get why people think she’s massively overreacting, but unconsciously it could have felt like life and death for her (as infants we need our caregivers love/ validation to stay alive!) Also, on the show they have no contact with their friends and family who would normally be able to help regulate their systems when upset, plus they’re being filmed! 🤯

Not excusing rude behaviour but I think ‘Shep-ney’? have embraced the overall concept and they couldn’t help who they were attracted to.

Here ends my application to be a fifth ixpert. Or maybe we could all start a spin-off gogglebox for MAFS 🤣

Reactions: 20
I can't see George as the type to think covid is a myth and be anti vax tbh, that screams SPH or Johnathan to me. I guess could also be Duka.

Reactions: 19
Just found this on here I love it!!

I think Kwame’s house is a shithole … like he needs to go on how clean is your house shithole and that’s why he tried his best to bail the night before at the ceremony and then said he won’t let her come to his cos he’s ‘private’ errrhhmm no you’re not you’re on tv marrying a stranger mate.
He doesn’t find her attractive and why was he so shocked when Johnathan said he hasn’t had sex with Sophie when he won’t go near his wife he’s known much longer.

I called George being an abuser from the honeymoon and can’t believe these ‘experts’ are not spotting this and that he’s still in the show at all… April has a clear drug & alcohol problem and she was definitely bitching you can tell by her reactions.

Why did the experts tell Adrian off the other night?

The vegan needs a spray tan.

Reactions: 10
I think the TikTok is almost certainly Jonathan but could be Duka. I can’t see it being Kwame.. he’s too much of a weasel with expressing opinions. Every time he speaks I cannot actually understand what he’s on about.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.