Married At First Sight UK #11 The extra H in JoHnathan stands for Haribos

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nah. Titney says it a lot as the object at the end of a sentence too, e.g “between Gemma & I” which is grammatically INCORRECT. My pet peeve! 😂
Oh god, this drives me mad too. I've noticed that so many people do this now. Real life and tv. It's one of those grammatical errors that seems to be becoming acceptable in society. Grrr.
Anyway this isn't an English class so back to the programme......it's all so, so set up isn't it? I can normally suspend a little bit of belief in these reality shows, but they're showing no build up to anything in this series so it's all so completely cringe and unbelievable.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
With Matt & Whit- I don’t think the ixperts will allow them to carry on due to the way they went about it. Remember that Aus couple? Was it Carolina and that tall guy? She totally went behind Dion’s back and he was well liked. When they walked in to the commitment ceremony they told them to bugger off. I think some of the couples in this case would walk if they allowed Matt & Witney to stay in the process.

I think the issue here for me, and the reason I do support Gemma more, is because you have to remember this is a process, and they all buy in to said process. Yes Matt was giving big fat no vibes but Gemma still believed in following the process. It comes across like Matt got fed up after a few days and it just made him really vile.

Also, to jump to JoHnathan’s defence a little here, he did say last night that he completely understood that not everyone agreed with him and he did not mean to be offensive, but he also said that he was not used to being around big groups of people having discussions like that, and that he’s not used to having to dissect everything he’s said and re-explain in a hundred times (or something like that)

We all say stupid things some times and I think what he means Vs how it’s coming across are quite far apart- it’s the lack of experience in the delivery that is hampering his reputation. The whole putting on weight thing is a bit of a moot point in this process- if I put on 10 stone my husband might well not fancy me anymore- but why would someone just randomly gain 10 stone? There’s so many mitigating circumstances around all that which all relate to being in a long term serious relationship (rather than on MAFS). It is edited in such a way that it looks like he would dump Sophie if she went up a dress size… I genuinely don’t think that’s the case. All that aside, I don’t love or hate the guy, he’s just a bit boring. I would like to see more of Sophie though!

Best get back to work 😬 This wasn’t meant to be such a long drag of a post!!!!

Reactions: 15
Jumping in the bandwagon to say a huge thank you to all of you in this thread. I’m currently undergoing chemo and this thread has had me totally pissing myself ( makes a nice change from the vomit and diarrhoea 😉).
I haven’t laughed so hard for ages ♥♥♥

And yes - I’d def turn for Zoe. 💕
Agree on everything said about Matt - he’s a very small man.
Gemma needs to stop before anyone who has had any sympathy for her runs out.
Very disappointed by Blunt and genuinely surprised by Sophie whose entire family were presented as twats initially and I was prepared to slate at my leisure!

The mental picture of Whitney sloping of like ET is forever etched in my brain 😭😭😭
Sending you huge love. ❤

Jumping in the bandwagon to say a huge thank you to all of you in this thread. I’m currently undergoing chemo and this thread has had me totally pissing myself ( makes a nice change from the vomit and diarrhoea 😉).
I haven’t laughed so hard for ages ♥♥♥

And yes - I’d def turn for Zoe. 💕
Agree on everything said about Matt - he’s a very small man.
Gemma needs to stop before anyone who has had any sympathy for her runs out.
Very disappointed by Blunt and genuinely surprised by Sophie whose entire family were presented as twats initially and I was prepared to slate at my leisure!

The mental picture of Whitney sloping of like ET is forever etched in my brain 😭😭😭
We have another chat group where we discuss day to day life if you & @Ilovexmas want to join us. I don't know how to link it though! It's called addicted to MAFS. If anyone else wants to come on over, please do!
MAFS Addicts Anonymous #3

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
What I find bizarre about Matt is he went on and on about Gemma being vulgar and how it put him off. But he does exactly that with Whitney, talking about ripping her clothes off and how he wants to kiss her bleeping head off then he goes and shags her after he said he likes to be respectful and all this tit. Double standards much? He’s full of tit. I don’t think he fancied Gemma thats the problem, he probably doesn’t like curvy girls but was too much a pussy to just say that cause he probably didn’t want to get hate for it. If it was a woman he found attractive and they were being vulgar he would bleeping lap it up. What a gaslighting narcissist head.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I'm now at the point I'm not sure I can be bothered watching.

Thomas - I can't cope with the drama and tit stirring, yes you don't like April, Whitney etc but don't be so horrible. If they said things like you do you'd be claiming bullying and harassment.

Gemma - it's not and never was a real marriage it's a TV show do don't make out like you've been cheated on after a 10 year marriage. It was clear Matt was not interested in you after the wedding day. Bad edit or not you came out with things knowing they could be broadcast on national TV. If a bloke had screamed at a woman sit down like she did last night there would be a pile on.

Whitney - Not sure why she went on and the whole Matt thing seems staged but I have warmed to her. I also believe her Instagram story she'd already told Duka.

Matt - No idea why he stayed and didn't walk out unless the producers sold him this whole Whitney drama thing.

George - A walking red flag even my husband has picked up on. I honestly don't believe they do any background checks.

April - Only there for fame but doesn't deserve the manipulation from George or the abuse from Thomas.

I now feel loads better getting that off my chest!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Thought Kwame was interesting last night. I suspect he was defending JoHnathan’s comments about weight because deep down, he actually thinks the same. It’s obvious that Kasia is curvier than he would normally go for. However, Kwame has more brain cells than Haribo and knows not to say this openly. And I do think he has grown to genuinely like Kasia.

I think Jenna might have been on the end of a bad edit too… warming to her and think it was lazy typecasting her as a controlling vegan. She argued her points about body image well… shame Haribo was too dense to understand it.

Reactions: 25
Im so bored of the meat dialogue between zoe and Jenna, such a dumb story line from the producers. " oh lets get a vegan/meat eater togther!! Can drag this out a bit!!" Omg if they mention it again!! I quite like them though, i dont think Jenna is even that demanding. Its defo edited to look that way.

Reactions: 6
New to the thread 😊.

I couldn't believe the double standard from serial killer George last night. He was like a Cheshire Cat hearing about Matt & Whitney from April, and then at the dinner table ‘new beginnings’ to Matt. Can you IMAGINE if April was to have done this to him. It would have been going OFF. I think the fact that they encouraged them both speaks volumes about both of them.

Thread suggestion : Poundshop Naomi Campbell has found WiFi; don’t get horse legs or Haribo will say bye

• Haha
Reactions: 29
What an episode last night lol. That is exactly why they pick people who they really shouldn't, for the drama!
Thomas is a bully and Gemma is very unstable. Both need help.
Sophie deserves better than horrible Jonathan.
George gives me the heebies.

Reactions: 13
They’re really overdoing this Whitney & Matt thing. They had one chat and that’s it? If they like each other they should just both leave at the commitment ceremony and see how things work on the outside. My bet is that they hope they will get put together as a couple and brought back like Ant and that other girl last year. I don’t see how Gemma can be so annoyed aswell when it’s not even like Matt has led her on, it’s very clear he don’t like her and hasn’t from day 1. Yeah they had this ‘ELECTRICITY’ on the wedding day but that was before they even knew each other, the experts need to stop bringing that up anyway lol it was purely initial attraction since then it’s clear they are not compatible.
She lost him with all her vulgar chat. Tbf I can’t blame him, there’s flirting & then there’s unessasary.
If it was a man saying stuff like that to a woman they’d just met people would be disgusted

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Gemma screaming SIT DOWN NOW at Matt as if she was shouting at one of her kids and he was gonna just plonk himself down on the chair and listen to her 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 34
just watched it all.

Gem was overly optimistic about her marriage;I think she was more in love with the idea of being married than actually having feelings for. She desperately wanted it to work. Feel a bit sorry for her.

That said, SPH is an utter shitbag not to be honest with her and tell her there was no chance for the pair of them and he had his eye on Poundshop Naomi.

Poundshop Naomi did or didn’t tell Duka but she could’ve shown a bit of compassion to Gemma. Editing aside there is nothing to show she feels the tiniest bit sorry for Gemma which shows how horrid she is.

The pre-snog grunt SPH made me almost vom!

I hope the pair of them are not allowed to remain in the process, it would make a mockery of the whole concept. However, the producers are motivated by drama and ratings so it could go either way.

Gapril are the fakest couple. Love Jordan and Chanita for their bluntness. Zoe and Jenna are fab as was Kwame. Thomas is still a gobshite but kind of amazing too, his mouth knows no bounds!

Reactions: 21
Whitney gives off so much main character energy but she is so so unlikeable. When she was in bed with Matt and her tone of voice was completely different to how she normally presents herself with the British version of the vocal fry.

I also wish she would stop referring to pie head as “the boy” he looks about 40 for a start but even if he is younger, you are not American, this isn’t a reality show about your life, just use his name ffs. This thing with Matt didn’t just happen. There wa a mention of them eating together and spending time together (we weren’t shown this). Hate it when people say “it just happened” no it didn’t you engineered it to happen otherwise both of you would have left a good couple of weeks ago.

Reactions: 18
Matt's way of communicating just comes across highly aggressive.
What’s concerning about Matt’s aggression is how it is so very obviously doled out towards women that he personally doesn’t find sexually attractive. The way he’s spoken to both Gemma and Zoe on camera is horrible. But he can modify how he talks - he doesn’t speak to Whitney this way, or presumably Sophie, who is happy enough to go the gym with him.

• Heart
New thread: Haribo’s new nickname is Mr Blunt, Gemma has had a lucky escape from Matt’s creepy grunt.

also have we all seen Thomas singing

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.