Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Happyvalley

VIP Member
Wow, what an overbearing controlling nightmare Anthony is! Why is he so concerned about someone he has known for 5 minutes! Can not stand him and his waxed eyebrows, run Nadia, run!! And the twins and their precious mate Jonessyyyyy...please!

Reactions: 8

Sjc_80

So I have just started watching (binge watching!) Season 5 and I think it's fair to say I'm obsessed. My opinions so far...

Ryan - sooooo cute. Reminds me of my husband, looks and personalitywise, before I trained him. Lots of people are a bit immature and silly in relationships but you grow together and it usually sorts itself out. Think he's a good lad with a big heart but maybe I'm just being biased. Would love him to find a nice girl to settle down and marry but bit Charlotte Crsoby. Davina - seriously should have just applied for Love Island. Not as bonny as she thinks she is. I would love to find a positive attribute she has...body maybe?

Gabriella - when she walked into the room when Nasser was doing his hair before the big meet up she looked absolutely stunning in that dress. I can't help but like her AND him! Seem like a lovely couple and well matched, this makes me smile much more than drama.

Charlene - beautiful, funny and just comes across as a genuinely good egg. I like her and Patrick but I think his mam will get in the way at some point so hopefully Charlene can get her on side.

Mathew and Alycia - had high Hope's for these two but the moment they sat down for their meal and it wasn't pizza and garlic bread you could see it fall apart in front of your eyes. I think they are both nice people but he seems to have issues with his self esteem. Shame because I like them.

Troy and Ashley - wasn't sure about her at first. He seems to stifle her but she comes alive when shes around other couples. She seems to be willing to make it work but he's such an oddball IN MY OPINION (I mean his tuna munching and teeth brushing 🤮) plus I think he seems controlling.

Carly and Justin - like her, she seems nice but I'm not a fan of his. Just seems boring and irritates me.

Sarah and Telv - like both of them but she wears so much make up it stresses me out and I worry that she's going to get lipstick smudges on everything. She's obviously a very beautiful woman but I just think the make up is too much. Would love to see these go all the way.

John and Melissa - don't really find these two interesting so usually zoom past them. Sorry.

Dean and Tracey - I like Tracey but her surgery is so distracting, someone mentioned upthread that she looks like Danielle Lloyd and you're right she does! She seems like a nice person and doesn't deserve the treatment she gets from Dean and Davina. He's not even good looking (again IMO) Not like Ryan hehe.

Jo and Sean - 😬 that's it.

Blair and Sean - who? Hardly get any screen time. Was hard to watch him get upset though, poor lad.

Anyway, I got excited when I found this thread because none of my friends are watching the show so thought I'd give a few opinions of my own.
I'm off to google where they are now! Heheh...

• Heart

Sln2404

I basically spend 90 minutes shouting a Polynesian man from the islands in a rubbish Aussie accent at my husband.

• Haha

drewydrop

Chatty Member
I don’t know if it was editing (and is a reality show) but thought it was really unfair they gave Tracey the option to change her decision to stay but Ryan didn’t get that option to change his mind after he found out what she did.

Nosey Moo

Chatty Member
I'm so glad someone made a thread for this. Have been dying to talk about it, haha.

I love the couple from episode 1, the one with the horse. So sweet but I think the distance will end up being too much and neither wants to relocate which makes me so sad!!

The other woman from episode 1 made me so angry. She thought she was better than him. Loved the weird ex girlfriend thing 😂

The woman that wanted a Polynesian man, her voice is so annoying, I don't see them lasting.

I felt so bad for the fireman, why go on the show if you're just going to do a runner? Like, she didn't even text to say she was OK she just needed space or anything, th epoor guy didn't know if she was OK or what happened. What a bitch.

The twin with the short husband was annoying me. Who cares, give him a chance.
Those twins when they called Cheryl shrek princess 😳 her dad and that crazy ex made their wedding reception awkward.
the guy wanting someone with small earlobes 🤣

• Haha

Miss Demeanour

Chatty Member
Just finished watching MAFS UK, I couldn't watch recent Aussie one as the previous series just went on for waaay too long and it was dragged out.

Conversely, the UK one would benefit from having more couples and having a few more episodes too.

But good luck to Owen and Michelle, really hope they go the distance. Preferably a good distance from Michelle's selfish sister with vocaaaaal fryyyyyyyyy! (So annoying!).

David came across as a lovely, lovely man. He was in touch with his emotions, thoughtful, open, honest, and tactile (in a non pervy way!). Shereen would just not stop banging on about the fucking survival bag. It was like she took that one thing and blew it out of proportion to somehow "prove" that he's not the man for her.

She wouldn't let her guard down one inch, or try to embrace David's personality, or interests at all.

Jeez, when I met my boyfriend in 2014, I thought he was good looking and we had some things in common, but a lot not in common too. And I didn't fancy him.

However, I could see that he was a good person and he made me laugh, so I let my guard down, had more dates and fell in love with him after three months together.

He's got quirks that I find funny / geeky, but he equally rolls his eyes at my 200 pairs of shoes, or me buying real life magazines every Thursday without fail! Vive la différence and all that!

I think Shereen seemed to be a bit too much in love with herself to want to let anyone else in. Which is a shame for her. She really reminded me of the woman on MAFS Australia who wanted to marry a Samoan. Just not willing to deviate from her daft supposed ideal.

I think David will easily find a lady after being seen on this show. Came Across as a kind man. Good luck to him.

• Heart

laughing

VIP Member
I think Anthony was just in it for the chase. Once he had Nadia, he was not interested. I liked Cheryl but do believe that she was just on the programme to get noticed for TV.

Season 5 ! - these lot look flaky! Last night, the two brothers think they are the mafia

Liam (Dean's pal) what an arse

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
Tracey/Marilyn Manson and Eminem make my toes curl. She seems to be all for the “strong girls club” but melts at the pathetic cockwomble Eminem who clearly just wants a submissive woman and a pair of fake tits in his face.

Nasser - not sure if he is gay, but there’s something that’s being hidden. Without a doubt suffering with small man syndrome. Reminds me very much of an ex boyfriend. Cunt.

Shaun reminded me of a butch lesbian too. Couldn’t put my finger on it, but his features were very feminine and shoulders very small with an hourglass figure.

Totally crushing on Ryan. He was so dignified the way he handled all that shit. Davina is bad news. Real bad news.

Dontmissmuch

VIP Member
OMG I actually sat tonight and felt really anxious and stressed watching that dinner party..... I hate it when people can't see through the person doing wrong and they make out they are the victim....... Andrew was absolutely disgusting and the way Sean and Simon were shut down was just awful....... was quite glad when it was over my heart was really thumping..... !!

Rowan

Chatty Member
Just finished watching MAFS UK, I couldn't watch recent Aussie one as the previous series just went on for waaay too long and it was dragged out.

Conversely, the UK one would benefit from having more couples and having a few more episodes too.

But good luck to Owen and Michelle, really hope they go the distance. Preferably a good distance from Michelle's selfish sister with vocaaaaal fryyyyyyyyy! (So annoying!).

David came across as a lovely, lovely man. He was in touch with his emotions, thoughtful, open, honest, and tactile (in a non pervy way!). Shereen would just not stop banging on about the fucking survival bag. It was like she took that one thing and blew it out of proportion to somehow "prove" that he's not the man for her.

She wouldn't let her guard down one inch, or try to embrace David's personality, or interests at all.

Jeez, when I met my boyfriend in 2014, I thought he was good looking and we had some things in common, but a lot not in common too. And I didn't fancy him.

However, I could see that he was a good person and he made me laugh, so I let my guard down, had more dates and fell in love with him after three months together.

He's got quirks that I find funny / geeky, but he equally rolls his eyes at my 200 pairs of shoes, or me buying real life magazines every Thursday without fail! Vive la différence and all that!

I think Shereen seemed to be a bit too much in love with herself to want to let anyone else in. Which is a shame for her. She really reminded me of the woman on MAFS Australia who wanted to marry a Samoan. Just not willing to deviate from her daft supposed ideal.

I think David will easily find a lady after being seen on this show. Came Across as a kind man. Good luck to him.
Sheereen did a good job of showing why she is single and will be for ever.
Delusional woman!

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
Finished season 5 last week and am frantically Googling about for updates. What the hell happened with Sarah and Telv? To be honest, I didn't expect them to last after the show. I did sympathise with her because she obviously went on the show wanting a real husband, and he isn't as into it, but the stuff about violence is worrying. Also sad that John and Melissa didn't make it, as they seemed quite cute together.

I agree that Ning seems quite vulnerable. She has issues around abandonment. Why put her on a show where her husband could leave at any one of the commitment ceremonies? She needs proper therapy. To be honest, there are a couple of participants who I've thought had real issues and probably shouldn't be on reality TV. The ixperts are obviously just going with whoever will make good TV.

I get weird vibes from Matthew. His whole family are strange and I wonder what's going on with the family dynamic. I wonder if he's really religious? But then they probably would have played that up like they do with the virgin thing. Also the way he blinks at the camera makes him seem like a serial killer.

Reactions: 7

SkinkaareFan

VIP Member
Ning - abandonment issues. She behaved like a toddler without social awareness. My theoretical thinking says she is “stuck” at the age she was abandoned by her mother. Irresponsible of the producers to let her into the experiment without therapy prior. Could be damaging.
I agree!

Also the couple with the woman with the really curly hair (I can't remember names, sorry, hahaha) that guy is a dick. The bald guy!! Is it Mike? Anyway what an arsehole cutting her off and saying he basically doesn't want to listen. She's trying to get a deep connection with him when he's clearly only interested in shagging. Definitely see why he was still single.

Oh, was it his dad that said he'd be a great husband but hasn't had any luck yet? No wonder when he treats people like that and he so up his own arse!!

rivermonster

VIP Member
Watching on E4 and know I will get addicted again and said I wouldn't. Thank goodness for football this afternoon so I can disappear upstairs again. :)