Marcus Mitchell #36 Not just any alcoholic, he’s a M&S MMMM alcoholic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haha he’s put on his stories his live last night where he told them two poor lads he’s an alcoholic. What a cringe bag he is 😂

and noticed when he says to them “I’m an alcoholic” they think he’s said “I’m cold” cos they go “yeh, it’s freezing innit”. Hahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Hello! I used to read and contribute to these threads but then I lost my way with them for a while. I was looking for a new thread to get into and I stumbled across Cambourne’s finest again!

I’m about halfway through the last thread and I hope you don’t mind but I wanted to post from the perspective of a recovering alcoholic. I don’t know know if MM is an alcoholic and it wouldn’t be for me to say if he is or not. But if he says he is, then as all the others have posted, it’s up to him alone to get out of it. If he isn’t prepared to accept help then it’s a waste of time. I had people who cared for me when I was at my worst - they took my bank card, they bundled me off to stay with a friend in the middle of nowhere - but I’m an alcoholic so I still found a way. I 100% agree that people sending him money when he’s saying “I’m an alcoholic” is wrong…but if he is in active addiction, he’d find a way anyway. Like the photo in the local shops - the fact he’s widening out the 5-mile radius when he’s so unfit suggests to me that he’s desperate to get drink (or desperate to make people think he’s drinking).

Alcoholics are very manipulative and self-centred. I was a right hole with a huge chip on my shoulder. I had suffered serious life events but I was 100% using them as an excuse for drinking. But when you’re in active alcoholism, you don’t have much choice once you start. They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting a different outcome. I would take a drink, each time thinking I could control it and never could. And once you start - if you suffer the physical allergy of once you start you can’t stop - then all bets are off. And then you slide into despair, quicker each time and depending on how much you drink and over how long, the risk of alcohol withdrawal seizures increase and so you’re scared to stop. You do stop but the aftermath is worse every time, you don’t like what’s in your head so you drink again…

Long story short, I went to AA. Nobody promised it would be easy but they promised it would be worth it, and you better believe it was. As well as thinking I had it much worse than everyone else (if you had my problems, you’d drink too!) I thought I couldn’t identify with anyone because I was only 28 and female. It’s not homeless people drinking out bottles in brown paper bags on park benches who go. Judging can still be one of my defects and other people’s drinking really isn’t my business but I look at Marcus and think “the 12 Step Programme is perfect for you”.

If he is drinking as much as he’s saying he has then his organs will be under a huge strain. Being alone in that hotel room is a risk, but I can’t judge Sid (that’s my mum) because she must be at the end of their tether.

Marcus, I know you read here. Please contact AA. I’ve been to meetings with people your age and watched with pride as they deal with this illness at such a young age. They go and live a happy life, which is what I’ve done. You just seem…lost. But what you get at meetings is tough love, and there’s a reason you’ve got threads here and you have to accept that. Meetings online 24-hours a day if you don’t want to walk into a meeting. And if your mum sees this, I’d recommend Al-Anon - the families and friends of alcoholics often shoulder the blame and the burden of sorting their loved one out as well as the ‘hurting those closest to us’. And do you know what Marcus? Getting into recovery would be amazing content! You could influence people to overcome addiction.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
And 9pm she will be at home so he will need his beauts to pay again!

im even more convinced the money is for drugs or someone else now haha

Reactions: 6
Well beauts, sunning myself on my sun lounger in Mexico, minding my own, and guess what comes on - “Hotel, Motel…..” Can’t even escape the man child on the othersode of the the world. Nice one, kids crying. Holiday ruined.

Was expecting to log on and see the scruff has cleaned his act up and became a pillar of society, helping those from his local AA meetings and saving children from poverty. Take it from the thread title (love it btw) that he’s a full blown upper class alcoholics now. Well I’ll be damned.

Apologises for spelling, this post is sponsored by all incalisove Corona and Tequila (MM would be proud)

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Is he out with sid?! Surely she wouldnt be buying him booze??
Maybe he’s sat with some randomers with a card that’s got his PayPal on. Sitting there with his hands together just grinning and occasionally looking down to hint 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Well I’m not even wanting to watch the videos from last night. What is happening with the hotel? Has he been kicked out? Where he going x

Reactions: 3
Is he out with sid?! Surely she wouldnt be buying him booze??
I saw this and just hoped it was an old photo (we all know he likes to recycle his photos) and our Sid wouldn’t be as bloody stupid to be sitting with him drinking after all the attempts they have made to stop him getting drink

But then, this is the life of Marcus and honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if they have been drinking together today

Reactions: 8
Wow beauts just caught up what a ride that was🎢 I didn’t think he could stoop any lower but he hits the bullseye every time. Wonder what tonight will bring probably more of eat, drink, tit himself, repeat 🧐

• Haha
But if his whole reason for not being allowed home is because Sid won’t let him drink , wouldn’t her taking him out for a drink rather derail his plans of moving into the premier inn for a few more months

Just popped open a bottle of Prosecco for myself after a busy work day (something carcus will never experience)🍾 happy bank holiday beauts!

Ps. Where can I pin my PayPal so I can get another bottle and eat an obscene amount of Maccies later?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
God I bet his room at the Travel Tavern will need a "crisis clean" when he leaves, I would bill the 'selfish horror' for the clean up campaign 🤔 the Premier Inn staff will have their work cut out with him 😤😤

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.